Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.335! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• areg5areg5 Posts: 617
    surody said:
    surody said:

I face the same issue like the people above me. I got 2x 1080ti and after rendering the first frame of a image sequence, it jumps to CPU on the second frame and forward and takes forever. (newest Nvidia driver)

surody said:

I face the same issue like the people above me. I got 2x 1080ti and after rendering the first frame of a image sequence, it jumps to CPU on the second frame and forward and takes forever. (newest Nvidia driver)
    This seems to a be a issue with OptiX (happens only when activated).

Surody, does this also happen to you on 4.10?

Yes, it appears to be a issue with 4.10 too. I guess it's the newest Nvidia driver.

OptiX prime seems to require more temporary vram when the scene geometry is updated than otherwise. This isn't an issue on the first image in a sequence because it does this step before the textures are loaded into vram. However on following frames in the sequence the textures stay loaded in vram, so when it tries to temporarily get some vram to update the geometry and can't, it falls back to cpu.

Yes, but it can't because of a software error not because I don't have enough VRAM because I didn't have those issues before updating to the driver 419+

Did you uninstall the previous driver with DDU in safe mode prior to installing the latest driver, and do a clean driver only install with the latest?  That's what I did, and it works fine.

• dobanymdobanym Posts: 0
    Mr Donoho said:

I'm still not able to save/retrieve parameter favorite settings.  I had Daz3D v4.10 and v4.11 installed.  I uninstalled both, and reinstalled v4.11 (beta).  I created a new scene and put G8M on it, and click on his head and selected the favorite heart in Bend, Twist, and Side-Side.  I saved the scene, closed the program, reopened, loaded the scene, and the favorites are not checked.  

Favorites don't save here either.

No matter what i do, after saving, quitting and reloading the file, everything i set as favorites are cleared. 

Only exceptions are lights and cameras. 

Favorites at Paramteres, Shaping, Posing, Render settings, etc.. are never saved

This happens in 4.10 and the latest 4.11.0.236 beta too.

edited April 2019
    areg5 said:

Just installed the latest Nvidia driver, and the latest Beta.  It was recommended that I do so to try out the denoiser.  I had been running the latest 4.10 version.  With the denoiser tabs on, the rendering time is markedly reduced, and I don't see any degradation of the render.  With the Sickleyield benchmark, my time is about 1 minute using 4.10 and 48 seconds using Beta.  More impressive is the time savings on actual scenes.  I rendered the same complex scene with both.  4.10 timed at 21 minutes, the Beta at 7!  I don't know what you guys did, but keep doing it!

1 issue:  I use the batch rendering product.  It was designed for 3delight, but works just fine with Iray.  There is an issue in the Beta in that it does not completely clear the VRAM cache after a render.  Usually 1-2 gig of memory does not clear.  It isn't additive.  In other words, during batch rendering the usage climbs, and in between renders the usage always goes down to around the same amount.  With 4.10, the cache completely clears with each render down to 0.  So if you guys can fix that issue, from my standpoint, this is a perfect update.

Thought I should update this.  Well, I don't use mesh lighting too much because I've found that it slows down the rendering process.  But today I did a scene with mesh lights.  4.10 finished in 25 minutes.  I noticed the VRAM usage was 4772.  Optix Prime was on.  I then did the same scene with the Beta.  The VRAM usage was considerably more:  5760.  That isn't surprising giving my impressions of the VRAM usage in the past.  With Optix on and the denoiser enabled, the render took 10 minutes  longer.  So, it seems that the Beta is even more prone to slowing with the use of mesh lighting than is 4.10.  Much faster with envirommental lights, point lights etc.  Slower with mesh lights.  Why would that be?

Post edited by areg5 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    areg5 said:

So, it seems that the Beta is even more prone to slowing with the use of mesh lighting than is 4.10.  Much faster with envirommental lights, point lights etc.  Slower with mesh lights.  Why would that be?

Depends very much on the mesh. Keep in mind that each polygon of an Iray emitting surface is an independent light source — for a simple square Primitive mesh with a single polygon, there's only one emitting source (two if the "Two-Sided Light" parameter is set to On), while a complicated mesh shape could end up with dozens, hundreds, or even more emitting sources. This will have a significant effect on render time.

• 4.11 doesn't work with GPU anymore for me. I have two 1080Ti's. 4.10 works fine.

• 4.11 doesn't work with GPU anymore for me. I have two 1080Ti's. 4.10 works fine.

NVIDIA driver version?

• docbotherdocbother Posts: 106

Just downloaded the 4.11 public beta. A beta version of the decimator plugin was also available for download. Got all that going. However...

Where have the graphMate and Keymate "plugins" gone? They don't appear in the "about plugins" list, are a no-show in the window panes menu, and they are not available as beta downloads. Got the serials but no place to put them.

• try uninstalling and reinstalling - they aren't part of the ergularly updated core Daz plug-ins, or at least haven't been in thebpast, but I think if installed after the beta they do show in the beta

• Just wanted to ask a few questions;

1) Is there going to be a new public beta any time soon?

2) I was saving up for an RTX2080ti, does NVIDIA driver 417.71 still work fine with Daz Studio (public beta) v4.11.0.236 and this card?

3) The only major issue I have noticed (since my GTX1080 died) is I can't use the AI denoiser, is there any way to get it to work with CPU rendering?

• paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
    edited April 2019

Just wanted to ask a few questions;

1) Is there going to be a new public beta any time soon?

2) I was saving up for an RTX2080ti, does NVIDIA driver 417.71 still work fine with Daz Studio (public beta) v4.11.0.236 and this card?

3) The only major issue I have noticed (since my GTX1080 died) is I can't use the AI denoiser, is there any way to get it to work with CPU rendering?

1. Looking more like it will

2. Yes, it does and Denoiser works fine with 417.71 too. any newer driver will cause problems until next Beta (Note: This is for people running an RTX GPU)

Newer drivers then this don't work for RTX cards 

Post edited by paulbungard on
  • Ive noticed that this Beta version seems to be holding onto memory like a couple of current release versions ago did, causing me to have to close Daz to release the memory as simply clearing the scene does not do this.

I've noticed this too.

4.11 doesn't work with GPU anymore for me. I have two 1080Ti's. 4.10 works fine.

I can run 3 1080 Ti's on the Beta using the latest nvidia driver.

Ive noticed that this Beta version seems to be holding onto memory like a couple of current release versions ago did, causing me to have to close Daz to release the memory as simply clearing the scene does not do this.

I've noticed this too.

As have I.  It holds onto 1-2.5 gig VRAM on my system.

Re: graphMate and keyMate no-show in beta:

try uninstalling and reinstalling - they aren't part of the ergularly updated core Daz plug-ins, or at least haven't been in thebpast, but I think if installed after the beta they do show in the beta

Reinstall which? The Studio beta, or the plugins? (Wait. Did I have to download them separately for 4.10?)

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    docbother said:

Re: graphMate and keyMate no-show in beta:

try uninstalling and reinstalling - they aren't part of the ergularly updated core Daz plug-ins, or at least haven't been in thebpast, but I think if installed after the beta they do show in the beta

Reinstall which? The Studio beta, or the plugins? (Wait. Did I have to download them separately for 4.10?)

The plugins.  Once you have the Beta installed, DIM will install the plugin to both versions.

Ah! So that's what Richard meant. And by the way, it worked.

Thank you, Evil D and Richard.

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 789
    edited April 2019

4.11 doesn't work with GPU anymore for me. I have two 1080Ti's. 4.10 works fine.

NVIDIA driver version?

edit: I installed 425.31 and that one seems to work.

Post edited by AlienRenders on

NVIDIA driver version?

edit: I installed 425.31 and that one seems to work.

I just checked it out, driver 425.31 seems to work.

• People getting RTX GPU's should stick with 417.71 as there driver as newer drivers have issues with Denoiser and other things 

• TsubaTsuba Posts: 78

This might be a total noob question but how do you launch the 4.11 beta, once downloaded ? 

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

• If you installed it, there should be a shortcut on the desktop.

edited April 2019

I see "Public Beta Content 1 DS" installed in my install manager. Nothing on my desktop.

The link in the begining of this thread leads to https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta.

Is there another download I don't know about ?

(I'm using Daz 4.10)

Post edited by Tsuba on
  • Looks like you are missing the actual application itself. Check your Download filters in DIM, make sure Public Beta is checked.

I don't understand. I have no filter on, 0 in Ready to download, 0 in Ready to install. If I write "beta" in filter, I see it in Installed, and have the option to unstall it.

Is the file called "Public Beta Content 1 DS" or is there another ? Any way to download it without buggy DIM ?

• Tsuba said:

I don't understand. I have no filter on, 0 in Ready to download, 0 in Ready to install. If I write "beta" in filter, I see it in Installed, and have the option to unstall it.

Is the file called "Public Beta Content 1 DS" or is there another ? Any way to download it without buggy DIM ?

That's the content (I think it's a set of dForce items from when that was new). You need to click the Download Filtrs button in the Ready to Downlod tab and make sure that you have software, 64 bit (or 32 bit) and Public beta checked in order to see the application installer.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

You have to use DIM to download and install betas as they must be installed in a specific way so that they don't "pollute" the non-beta version if it's also installed.

And no, the application itself is not the file called "content". As Doctor Jellybean said, check the "filter" section in DIM, the Public Build may not be selected by default.

edited April 2019

"click the Download Filters button in the Ready to Downlod tab"
    Ah ! There it is ! 

Thanks DoctorJellybean, Richard Haseltine and Leana !

Post edited by Tsuba on
  • I see there's an updated beta build, which DIM will download, but fails to install.

From the log:

Installing product : DAZ Studio 4.11 (Win 64-bit) Public Build +BETA+
    Product installation failed : DAZ Studio 4.11 (Win 64-bit) Public Build +BETA+
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 0.9 sec.
    Saving Account Settings: Account
    --------------- Install Manager exited ------------------
    ~

There are no other details provided.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited April 2019

I see there's an updated beta build, which DIM will download, but fails to install.

From the log:

Installing product : DAZ Studio 4.11 (Win 64-bit) Public Build +BETA+
    Product installation failed : DAZ Studio 4.11 (Win 64-bit) Public Build +BETA+
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 0.9 sec.
    Saving Account Settings: Account
    --------------- Install Manager exited ------------------
    ~

There are no other details provided.

Try re-downloading it. I've just downloaded and installed it without a problem.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Thanks, it's working now.  It seems to not want to install from my DIM download folder (which is on my NAS).  Temporarily setting it to a local disk folder worked.

This discussion has been closed.