Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.335! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    Kyan001 said:

WARNING before update. I'ts going to destroy the Ghost Lights (if you use them for your renders). You'll have to create a new scene.

I don't understand this warning, because I installed the latest Beta update a few hours ago, and can still use all my Iray ghost lights, and also open old scenes that were saved with included ghost lights.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,060
    Kyan001 said:

WARNING before update. I'ts going to destroy the Ghost Lights (if you use them for your renders). You'll have to create a new scene.

Can you be more specific regarding what you meant by "detroy the ghost lights"? Do you have problem with your old scenes, or is that something else? Do you get an error message in DS or in the log?

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551
    edited April 2019

Iray Preview Mode doesn't start in this Beta Version for me, where as .236 was pretty instant. On top of that, I continue to have the same issues from 4.11 (236) that I don't have in either the 4.10 Beta or Pro (much more poke through, even while using the Push Modifier and slower turning of the mouse in a certain direction).

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • Still having the same issue that makes 4.11 unusable. Pin at Both, and Pin at End cause the program to crash 98% of the time. Until this is fixed 4.11 can not come out of beta.

• Still having the same issue that makes 4.11 unusable. Pin at Both, and Pin at End cause the program to crash 98% of the time. Until this is fixed 4.11 can not come out of beta.

Have you reported this as a bug?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2019
    Visuimag said:

Iray Preview Mode doesn't start in this Beta Version for me, where as .236 was pretty instant. On top of that, I continue to have the same issues from 4.11 (236) that I don't have in either the 4.10 Beta or Pro (much more poke through, even while using the Push Modifier and slower turning of the mouse in a certain direction).

@Visuimag, I ran into the same issue. Neither Iray preview nor Iray render worked. Check your Nvidia Drivers! I was running 416.xx, but the minimum driver release needed for this beta is 418.81. It's even stated in the OP on page 1:

Highlights:

4.11.0.335 (April 17, 2019) - IN PROGRESS

• NVIDIA Iray
      • Integrated Iray 2018.1.3 (312200.3564); see post for more detail
      • REQUIRES NVIDIA Driver 418.81 (or newer); see NVIDIA Driver Downloads
      • Windows 8/8.1 Users:
        • Until a new driver that addresses the issue is released by NVIDIA (potentially early May), rendering with a GPU based on the Kepler microarchitecture is likely to fail and fall back to CPU: (cards with a code name that starts with GK#)
    • Scripting API
      • Made many additions in various areas; see the Change Log for more detail
    • Fixed bugs and/or made improvements in various areas; see the Change Log for details

I'm currently updating my drivers and I expect to be back up and running shortly.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551

Ah, makes sense now! Thank you!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,616

...first: is this the update that just appeared in Product updates in the DIM?

second: I read this: 

Windows 8/8.1 Users:

• Until a new driver that addresses the issue is released by NVIDIA (potentially early May), rendering with a GPU based on the Kepler microarchitecture is likely to fail and fall back to CPU: (cards with a code name that starts with GK#)

What about Windows 7 Pro users?  Are we simply out of luck (I have Maxwell GPUs)?.

edited April 2019
    kyoto kid said:

...first: is this the update that just appeared in Product updates in the DIM?

second: I read this: 

Windows 8/8.1 Users:

What about Windows 7 Pro users?  Are we simply out of luck (I have Maxwell GPUs)?.

Maxwell replaced Kepler. You should be fine. However, I recommend you archive all the files for the current beta you're using first, and then give this one a try, (which is the update that just appeared in DIM.) If you run into problems, uninstall the beta and support files, then copy the archived files back into the DIM download folder. When you run DIM again, the old files will be there to install, and you're only out a bit of your time.

ETA: Make sure your video card driver is 418.81 or newer. As I mentioned above, earlier than that, and can't render anything in Iray!

Edited typo in ETA! (Removed extra dot in the driver version number.)

Post edited by L'Adair on

...I've already downloaded, but haven't installed the newer version. Also a bit apprehensive about new Nvidia drivers as I've been using one from 2015 that has been working fine.  Newer ones seemed to induce BSODs (sometimes frequently) after installed them, but when I rolled back to the one I am currently using, the BSODs ceased.

• edited April 2019

There is a textures bug on one of my scene, missing the floor! The texture is shown in the preview but did not render at all. It was working perfectly in .236 and also retest it on regular 4.10 version, working fine! My driver are up to date  425.31

Post edited by tooning32_d7aab4aa88 on

...so does GenX not work in the Beta?  I installed it but it doesn't show up under the Window/Panes menu.  Shows up fine in 4.10.

kyoto kid said:

...so does GenX not work in the Beta?  I installed it but it doesn't show up under the Window/Panes menu.  Shows up fine in 4.10.

It's been a long time since I installed it. I believe there is information on how to do it in the forums somewhere…

Ah. Found it:

In general, I can't say much about the installers (executable or DIM), because they are made by DAZ. If there are any problems with the installation, there are two things to check/fix:
    1. The d3dGenX2.dll/dylib must be in the plugins folder for DAZ Studio (must match 32/64 bit versions). The old d3dGenX.dll/dylib has to be deleted, if it is in the plugins folder.
    2. The GenX2 folder with all the data files must be in "DAZ 3D\Studio4" (or "DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build" for the beta) for the user configuration folder (where you will find GenX.ini once the plugin was running at least one time).

How to use GenX with the public beta is described in the manual. In short, you just have to copy the dll/dylib and GenX2 folder as described above.

(That's from this page.)

..OK found d3dGenX2.dll  in the Daz3D/Studio4 folder but do not see "/dylib" or any GenX2 "folder"

• kyoto kid said:

..OK found d3dGenX2.dll  in the Daz3D/Studio4 folder but do not see "/dylib" or any GenX2 "folder"

dylib is for Mac users. You probably need to enable Show Hidden Files/Folder in Windows/File Explorer to see the GenX2 folder.

..I have "Show Hidden Folders" selected but still do not see any folders under C:/Programme Files/Daz3d/DazStudio/4/Plugiuns,  only the .dll.  The only folder with name "GenX2" I found is in C:/users/[name]/AppData/Roaming/Daz3D/ Studio4.

• 3CPO3CPO Posts: 156

Regarding the render engine switching to CPU with this new Nvidia update, as someone posted sometime ago, ticking off the OptiX prime acceleration box (and of course the CPU ones)  keeps the render into GPU mode, provided the memory consumption conditions are met. Works for me, I have a GTX 880 but with the latest driver installed, whick is currently at 425.31.

• kyoto kid said:

..I have "Show Hidden Folders" selected but still do not see any folders under C:/Programme Files/Daz3d/DazStudio/4/Plugiuns,  only the .dll.  The only folder with name "GenX2" I found is in C:/users/[name]/AppData/Roaming/Daz3D/ Studio4.

If those are literal paths then they have several typos which might account for the trouble you having fidnign the .dll.

There is a textures bug on one of my scene, missing the floor! The texture is shown in the preview but did not render at all. It was working perfectly in .236 and also retest it on regular 4.10 version, working fine! My driver are up to date  425.31

@tooning32_d7aab4aa88, Every now and then, I mess myself up with Render Settings. In Render Settings->Environment, check Draw Ground and Ground Position Mode. If Draw Ground is "On" and Ground Position Mode is "Manual", anything below the Floor, (Y-Translate: 0.0) will be hidden under the "Ground". A quick way to test this in your scene is to toggle either of these settings, and then use the spot render tool to render a section of the floor in the Viewport.

Draw Ground "On" allows shadows to fall on the "ground" when the scene doesn't include a a mesh floor, ground, or other object below the subject, (like a figure.) Ground Position Mode "Manual" forces the scene "floor" to always be at zero. This can be handy if any object has mesh below the rest of the things in the scene as the "Auto" setting will push the "floor" to the point of the lowest object, and can result in very unrealistic shadows in some situations.

I hope this is your issue, as I haven't a clue what else it could be!

kyoto kid said:

If those are literal paths then they have several typos which might account for the trouble you having fidnign the .dll.

...I just used "[name]" as a placeholder in the post (still like my privacy).

Yes the "/" between "Studio" and "4" in the first path is a typo (Was late for me when I typed that).  GenX3 does show in the panes menu in 4.10 (just no icon next to it).

..are Nvidia drivers supposed to install the MS Visual C++ Redistributable packages?   This process is taking forever to even get started.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    kyoto kid said:

..are Nvidia drivers supposed to install the MS Visual C++ Redistributable packages?   This process is taking forever to even get started.

Can't remember for sure (it's been a while since the last it's-finally-out-of-beta update) but I was sure the C++ installation is part of the D|S program installation.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    kyoto kid said:

Can't remember for sure (it's been a while since the last it's-finally-out-of-beta update) but I was sure the C++ installation is part of the D|S program installation.

yes

• L'Adair said:

@tooning32_d7aab4aa88, Every now and then, I mess myself up with Render Settings. In Render Settings->Environment, check Draw Ground and Ground Position Mode. If Draw Ground is "On" and Ground Position Mode is "Manual", anything below the Floor, (Y-Translate: 0.0) will be hidden under the "Ground". A quick way to test this in your scene is to toggle either of these settings, and then use the spot render tool to render a section of the floor in the Viewport.

Draw Ground "On" allows shadows to fall on the "ground" when the scene doesn't include a a mesh floor, ground, or other object below the subject, (like a figure.) Ground Position Mode "Manual" forces the scene "floor" to always be at zero. This can be handy if any object has mesh below the rest of the things in the scene as the "Auto" setting will push the "floor" to the point of the lowest object, and can result in very unrealistic shadows in some situations.

I hope this is your issue, as I haven't a clue what else it could be!

Thanks you point the right thing!  Draw ground was to ON, turning it off bring back my floor! This is pretty Weird, because the same scene rendered the floor on 4.10 with draw ground to on! How come this is different in both version?

• ParadigmParadigm Posts: 421

I'm having issues with the following version of the beta and these NVidia drivers:

DS: 4.11.0.335
    Nvidia: 425.31

Card: ASUS ROG 2080ti STRIX

Problem:

• Will usually only render on the card on the first render attempt of the DS.exe session.
      • After a run it will automatically choose the CPU as if the GPU isn't available.
      • Have tried various cominations of settings including post denoiser, the samplers, optix acceleration and inlcuding the CPU or not in the selection
      • Same scene used on every test
      • Restarting DS gets a successful GPU render most of the time
        • Had a no GPU render as #1 once and have not been able to replicate
  • Not sure how relevant it is now, but in 4.11.0.235 beta, when morphing different genesis 2 or 8 clothes to genesis three characters (like two dozen articles), a memory leak developed, a very substantial one (my system has 128 GB of RAM). i had to save, close and restart my system to flush out the 110 GB paging file. I'm no novice nor amateur with computers either. I haven't fully tested 4.11.0.335 yet for said memory leak.

Paradigm said:

I'm having issues with the following version of the beta and these NVidia drivers:

Problem:

• Will usually only render on the card on the first render attempt of the DS.exe session.
      • After a run it will automatically choose the CPU as if the GPU isn't available.
      • Have tried various cominations of settings including post denoiser, the samplers, optix acceleration and inlcuding the CPU or not in the selection

I recommend trying an older version of the driver. There may be some sort of conflict with your hardware when using the latest version. If you try the previous version and get the same result, I'd recommend installing the 418.81 version and see if that one has the issue.

• Kyan001Kyan001 Posts: 75
    edited April 2019
    L'Adair said:
    Paradigm said:

Problem:

I recommend trying an older version of the driver. There may be some sort of conflict with your hardware when using the latest version. If you try the previous version and get the same result, I'd recommend installing the 418.81 version and see if that one has the issue.

I'm having problems too but with 1080TI series.  

If someone knows a fix, it doesn't care if Optix acceleration is on or off, it will always switch to CPU after rendering 3\4 frames in Image Series\Movie render mode.

Post edited by Kyan001 on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,906
    Kyan001 said:
    L'Adair said:
    Paradigm said:

Problem:

I'm having problems too but with 1080TI series.  

If someone knows a fix, it doesn't care if Optix acceleration is on or off, it will always switch to CPU after rendering 3\4 frames in Image Series\Movie render mode.

I just installed 4.11 today and can't get it to use my 1080ti either. I even saw on another thread someone said to rollback the Nvidia driver to 4.17 from November, I did that and still nothing. It doesn't even show up when I click render, it just goes right to CPU processing scene. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169

If you installed DS 4.11 today, then you presumably have the latest version (4.11.0.335) - as the first post in this thread says:

4.11.0.335 (April 17, 2019) - IN PROGRESS

• NVIDIA Iray
      • Integrated Iray 2018.1.3 (312200.3564); see post for more detail
      • REQUIRES NVIDIA Driver 418.81 (or newer); see NVIDIA Driver Downloads

So rolling back to Nvidea driver 417 won't work.

This discussion has been closed.