Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• Haruchai said:

Hello,

I purchased a license back in Jan, I activated and it worked. After not using DS for a while, on starting LAMH, it is asking for activation again. The "Personal code" is not the same as last time (in fact, in the drop down menu there are 6 different personal codes, none are the same as original). So the question is, does LAMH need to be ativated on a regular basis with a different personal code? It will be a pain since the PC it is used on is not connected to the internet.

No, LAMH does not need reactivated at regular times.  However, sometimes Windows 10 updates will trash the computations needed for verification.  Send a request for a fix.

Kendall

Hello everyone,

I have asked before, but haven’t found an answer yet. Does anyone know what the fix is for the trashed computations on Win 10 64bit? Can someone post the fix here for everyone to see? I am thinking of purchasing LAMH full, but reading through this entire thread has me very nervous that it will be a waste of time and money.

I am running Win 10, DAZ Studio 4.10 is installed on a different drive, and my content library resides on a NAS.

Thanks in advance! I really just want to put some cute fur on the HW House Cat.

I have reverified LAMH four or five times due to reinstalls and never had an issue and I'm running WIN 10 64bit and my content is on an external drive.

Thanks, I am glad to hear that it has all worked out for you. That certainly offers some comfort... but unfortunately, I see way too many (see post by Roman_K2 two posts up) failed attempts to be comfortable investing money in LAMH.

• Help the new guy, please!

I just started using LAMH (free version for a few tests). I had great success with a Wolf 2.0 image. I mean, WOW!

Now I am trying to do a Nightworld Lycanthropos image using the preset shader from the website. Not so wow. He has some scattered hairs...kinda like mange...but not werewolf fur by any means. Nothing like the image on the preset library. Anything jump out as a common rookie mistake?

thanks in advance.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

After spending a fair bit of time setting up some LAMH hair (to act as fur) for (memory fails but I think it was) both G8F and G3F I get to the stage of having set up two shave groups laid out as I want them, then save as a preset.  Coming back to them later I get told that there is no matching figure. I suspect I am doing something stupid, but what?  All I have done, thus far, with either has been to assign the hair to areas and not yet 'grown' the hair.

• Help the new guy, please!

I just started using LAMH (free version for a few tests). I had great success with a Wolf 2.0 image. I mean, WOW!

Now I am trying to do a Nightworld Lycanthropos image using the preset shader from the website. Not so wow. He has some scattered hairs...kinda like mange...but not werewolf fur by any means. Nothing like the image on the preset library. Anything jump out as a common rookie mistake?

thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean (maybe you can post a screenshot?), but you could try and increase the hair count and render again?

• SimonJM said:

After spending a fair bit of time setting up some LAMH hair (to act as fur) for (memory fails but I think it was) both G8F and G3F I get to the stage of having set up two shave groups laid out as I want them, then save as a preset.  Coming back to them later I get told that there is no matching figure. I suspect I am doing something stupid, but what?  All I have done, thus far, with either has been to assign the hair to areas and not yet 'grown' the hair.

mmmhhhh... try to always build the LAMH preset on a base resolution mesh, I suspect you have probably worked on the highest res. and then it pushed back losing information.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    SimonJM said:

mmmhhhh... try to always build the LAMH preset on a base resolution mesh, I suspect you have probably worked on the highest res. and then it pushed back losing information.

Ahh, I did not set it to Base, which I suspect is what that was about then .. will try again!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited March 2019

Greetings,

LAMH 1.6.0.1 crashes, and I can't do anything at all with it.

I load DAZ, I load my scene, I select the character, I dropped its resolution to base, I click 'Show LAMH Editor' in the LAMH tab.  The correct character (a Genesis 8-based character) is in the LAMH dialog/window's drop-down, and I click the import button right next to the dropdown...and DAZ crashes instantly.

Things I have tried:

• Tried initially on Mac, then on Windows, both crash DAZ Studio.
    • Tried it with high resolution.
    • Tried it with base resolution, and lowering the subd to 0.
    • Launching from the LAMH Tab.
    • Launching from 'Create LAMH Object' menu item in Create.
    • Unparenting everything that's parented to the character.

I mean...there may be something obvious I'm missing, but it shouldn't result in DAZ Studio crashing, instantly, on trying to import.

I have managed to load a completely bare-bones Genesis, and bring it into LAMH, although there I face other problems, but it absolutely is not working with my scene character.

What am I doing wrong?

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

LAMH 1.6.0.1 crashes, and I can't do anything at all with it.

I load DAZ, I load my scene, I select the character, I dropped its resolution to base, I click 'Show LAMH Editor' in the LAMH tab.  The correct character (a Genesis 8-based character) is in the LAMH dialog/window's drop-down, and I click the import button right next to the dropdown...and DAZ crashes instantly.

Things I have tried:

• Tried initially on Mac, then on Windows, both crash DAZ Studio.
    • Tried it with high resolution.
    • Tried it with base resolution, and lowering the subd to 0.
    • Launching from the LAMH Tab.
    • Launching from 'Create LAMH Object' menu item in Create.
    • Unparenting everything that's parented to the character.

I mean...there may be something obvious I'm missing, but it shouldn't result in DAZ Studio crashing, instantly, on trying to import.

I have managed to load a completely bare-bones Genesis, and bring it into LAMH, although there I face other problems, but it absolutely is not working with my scene character.

What am I doing wrong?

--  Morgan

Can you please email me the scene .duf so that I can take a look?

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited March 2019
    So I got lamh to work now thanks to the help of AM. I'm wondering if there is a way to reduce the load on the PC once I exported the hair as an OBJ and applied the iray shader to it. My pc is pretty high end but posing other figures or even the camera becomes very slow once the fur is applied. Also the scenes take forever to save and load even though I have everything on a ssd.
    Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

DS is crashing when I try to send to obj,, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps doing it. Its fine but as soon as the obj is generated DS crashes.

Since installing LAMH i also get this messgae when I start up DS

lamh.JPG
    569 x 267 - 29K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    scorpio said:

DS is crashing when I try to send to obj,, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps doing it. Its fine but as soon as the obj is generated DS crashes.

You've installed your DAZ content in a non-standard location.

You need to create a directory like this:

<My Documents>\DAZ 3D\Studio\

and then when you install the plugins by Alessandro & Kendrick they will create the needed directories in that location.

I'm looking at mine right now and it has only 2 folders in it: geoLocatorAM, LAMH2IrayCatalyzerAM, & lookatmyhairAM.

scorpio said:

You've installed your DAZ content in a non-standard location.

You need to create a directory like this:

<My Documents>\DAZ 3D\Studio\

and then when you install the plugins by Alessandro & Kendrick they will create the needed directories in that location.

I'm looking at mine right now and it has only 2 folders in it: geoLocatorAM, LAMH2IrayCatalyzerAM, & lookatmyhairAM.

Thanks I tried this and its still crashing at the same point and I'm still getting the error on starting up DS. Its annoying because it worked on the old computer so I do feel it could be to do with installation. When I tried to install it to that directory I didn't get the folders you did.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Well you can write the author for help directly

https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/profile/1342301/Alessandro%20Mastronardi

And there are these threads with the same problem (they say the fix was to uninstall & reinstall the LAMH plugin via DIM). Also if you have run DAZ Studio or DIM as Aministrator or installed either as Administrator that can cause you permission troubles too & the only good way to fix it is to uninstall both as and then reinstall both as the normal user using your computer (unless you always log into Windows as Administrator level account & then that doesn't matter).

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/51058/writeauth-couldn-t-open-configuration-file-for-writing

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

When you export fiber hair, it always saves it to this location on C:.  Is there a way to change that & where?

LAMH_SaveLocation.jpg
    502 x 96 - 14K
  • So I got lamh to work now thanks to the help of AM. I'm wondering if there is a way to reduce the load on the PC once I exported the hair as an OBJ and applied the iray shader to it. My pc is pretty high end but posing other figures or even the camera becomes very slow once the fur is applied. Also the scenes take forever to save and load even though I have everything on a ssd.

Hiding the obj export in the preview returns functioning speed to normal, but it still takes forever to load the scene or to save it.  You can also try exporting to fiberhair if you have the full plug-in, as the geometry files generated are moderately smaller.  Whenever I export to fiberhair or obj, I always turn the viewport preview to bounding box before hitting export, and then once the export is finished, hide the exported geometry, then restore to normal preview mode, and change textures, etc..  The export geometries have an enormous file size, often 2-4 gb, so it's not surprising that they have such an effect on performance.

Wow.  Well, since no one else has yet, Congrats AM:

https://www.facebook.com/mastronardialex/posts/10216061748154081

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Wow.  Well, since no one else has yet, Congrats AM:

https://www.facebook.com/mastronardialex/posts/10216061748154081

Isn't that fantastic?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Yes, huge contgratulations to Alex.  I just hope that LAMH and other projects continues as time permits.... Unless Ken is knee deep in improving code in LAMH..... 

As RAMWolff says, I hope this doesn't take him away from LAMH.  But, I suspect with his apparent life long involvement with animals, I don't think that will happen. I'm also guessing that that was why MPC hired him so maybe he can tap into those resources as well.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited April 2019

Thanks everybody, really appreciated! Don't worry about LAMH and animal/props modelling, nothing will be left behind and actually there is going to be great news for what concerns hair/fur software development. And not only that...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • And BTW, when you will go watch the Lion King next July, think a little about me wink

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

And BTW, when you will go watch the Lion King next July, think a little about me wink

surprise

• I am just starting to learn LAMH. Is there an archive where people post the hair they've made for other models? It seems to work very well with the few models I have tested it on, like the wolf, but I would like to see it used on other models.

Thanks for any help.

"Quod fuissem, fuit."

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

The furry things website has a number of presets for older models.

• Thanks, Jodel!

Thought I'd toss this into this thread to get some more eyes on the subject.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/320266/having-some-problems-with-my-beaver-lamh#latest

Thanks.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited April 2019

yeah, I've narrowed something down to windows10, 5 drivers later, swapped the trackball out for 3 others that work perfectly fine on win7 and XP boxes. Annoyances with win10 aside, I am very much liking the rodent red square (blame Grammarly, I give up arguing with the spellcheck), "Krasnaya Belka" in Russian.

I just need to figure out how to make Windows10 stop randomly selecting everything in the scene tab when clicking triangles to expand trees, or highlight half the desktop when it decides to spontaneously move the pointer to random locations on the screen when I left-click something.

yeah, such a cute fella.

20190331_NotScrat_02003_r.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

I also feel your Win10 anguish ZarconDeeGrissom. Your 2nd squirrel is looking a lot like Fat Freddy's Cat:

Fat Freddys Cat_001.jpg
    1842 x 2182 - 2M
  • I am interested in buying the full version of Look At My Hair, but I worry that it will be too much for my simple brain.

I am interested in buying the full version of Look At My Hair, but I worry that it will be too much for my simple brain.

It can be a bit complicated. I still can't get it to install and work on my new system, I had it working on the old computer but it doesn't matter what I do I can't get it to work with this set up.