Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    Dr Fork said:

No...   I think Alessandro_AM had to reset something at his end, but LAMH is working again... although I can no longer open any of my older scene files that have LAMH used in them without Studio crashing. Thanks much for your interest.

Disable the LAMH plugin in the plugins area, then load the crashing scene.  Resave the scene and re-enable the plugin.

Kendall

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited March 2018

Am dieing to get LAMH, via Catalyzer, working right in IRAY. Struggling, but am super excited and still optimistic!

Post edited by Gogger on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I'm still wanting to create LAMH Catalkyzer compatible hair but that is not possible with the version of LAMH / LAMH Catalyzer products most posters to this thread have. Is such a product in the works? What about LAMH 2.0?

• Dr Fork said:

No...   I think Alessandro_AM had to reset something at his end, but LAMH is working again... although I can no longer open any of my older scene files that have LAMH used in them without Studio crashing. Thanks much for your interest.

Disable the LAMH plugin in the plugins area, then load the crashing scene.  Resave the scene and re-enable the plugin.

Kendall

Thanks for the tip, I came in to ask about the same thing. :)  Also hoping that eventually there will be a way to make any LAMH presets- including the user-made ones- can be Iray catalyzed!  I know Alessandro is SUPER busy with his super cute stuff, ah!  On one hand- more animals!!!!!  On the other hand... making everything work would be amazing. I dream! LAMH was the BEST thing that ever happened to DS, IMHO. Better than Iray- though I love Iray, better than dForce, though I love that too, better than everyhing. (and it goes without saying- it was also waaaaay better than the battered hair room in Poser)  I miss the ease of use of LAMH when I work with Iray but we work with what we have. So I'm learning catalyzer :)

Development on LAMH hasn't stopped.  Just slowed.

I will provide updates as I can.

Kendall

• Thanks Kendall, appreciate it!  You know how I love this plugin :D  (obsessively)

• While I know it would probably be almost impossible, it would make most of my dreams come true if somehow LAMH could make use of the dforce feature, so that the hairs could be simulated, especially for interacting with other objects in the scene and for animations.  I'm guessing for practical purposes one would have to limit the simulation to the guidehairs only, but if this were a feature which could be somehow added in the future, with the built-in feature of the hair roots automatically being not-included in the simulation, the results would be absolutely AMAZING!

Just hoping someone who can script will read my idea, and put it to good use...

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

I just purchased LAMH hair yesterday.  Will the update show in DIM?  Actually,  The plugin won't install at all, I am not sure why it remains on ready to install tab.

gitika1 said:

I just purchased LAMH hair yesterday.  Will the update show in DIM?  Actually,  The plugin won't install at all, I am not sure why it remains on ready to install tab.

When the next free update is released all will see it in their DIM.

As for the install, did you get a DIM failure?  You must start the plugin after installing it and the follow the instructions to register it.  If you've had the free player installed, you MUST uninstall it before installing the paid full version.

Kendall

While I know it would probably be almost impossible, it would make most of my dreams come true if somehow LAMH could make use of the dforce feature, so that the hairs could be simulated, especially for interacting with other objects in the scene and for animations.  I'm guessing for practical purposes one would have to limit the simulation to the guidehairs only, but if this were a feature which could be somehow added in the future, with the built-in feature of the hair roots automatically being not-included in the simulation, the results would be absolutely AMAZING!

Just hoping someone who can script will read my idea, and put it to good use...

dForce is inadequate for hair in it's current form.  That's all that I'll say for the moment.  There are hints on my youtube channel.

Kendall

• nisnis Posts: 0

so this happens each time i try to create > attach Look at my hair preset....

Process:               DAZStudio [16008]
    Path:                  /Applications/DAZ 3D/*/DAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/DAZStudio
    Identifier:            com.DAZ.DAZStudio
    Version:               4.10.0.123 (4.10.0.123)
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           DAZStudio [16008]
    User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2018-04-03 19:41:14.317 +0200
    OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13.3 (17D102)
    Report Version:        12
    Anonymous UUID:        050464BB-C004-B248-FDF4-E14C40E7C8ED

nis said:

so this happens each time i try to create > attach Look at my hair preset....

Process:               DAZStudio [16008]
    Path:                  /Applications/DAZ 3D/*/DAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/DAZStudio
    Identifier:            com.DAZ.DAZStudio
    Version:               4.10.0.123 (4.10.0.123)
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           DAZStudio [16008]
    User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2018-04-03 19:41:14.317 +0200
    OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13.3 (17D102)
    Report Version:        12
    Anonymous UUID:        050464BB-C004-B248-FDF4-E14C40E7C8ED

This looks like you're using the free player.  Are you getting a file dialog before the dump?

Kendall

• ragtatterragtatter Posts: 20

I'm having problems with little white artifacts showing up on this render, and I'm not sure why. Any suggestions on what might be causing it? I haven't altered the preset much from it's original starting point when downloaded.

BlackCat3.png
    1000 x 500 - 236K
  • stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 516
    edited April 2018

Hello,

I purchased a license back in Jan, I activated and it worked. After not using DS for a while, on starting LAMH, it is asking for activation again. The "Personal code" is not the same as last time (in fact, in the drop down menu there are 6 different personal codes, none are the same as original). So the question is, does LAMH need to be ativated on a regular basis with a different personal code? It will be a pain since the PC it is used on is not connected to the internet.

Post edited by stem_athome on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Cat, we've had plenty of canines

Hello,

I purchased a license back in Jan, I activated and it worked. After not using DS for a while, on starting LAMH, it is asking for activation again. The "Personal code" is not the same as last time (in fact, in the drop down menu there are 6 different personal codes, none are the same as original). So the question is, does LAMH need to be ativated on a regular basis with a different personal code? It will be a pain since the PC it is used on is not connected to the internet.

No, LAMH does not need reactivated at regular times.  However, sometimes Windows 10 updates will trash the computations needed for verification.  Send a request for a fix.

Kendall

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 516
    edited April 2018

Hello,

No, LAMH does not need reactivated at regular times.  However, sometimes Windows 10 updates will trash the computations needed for verification.  Send a request for a fix.

Kendall

Hi,

I am on win7-64. PC not connected to internet. I activated again.

On using LAMH, it keeps crashing DS. When it does output fiberhair, the result is incorrect.

A quick test/example.

I imported a UV tube, made polygon selection for guids/hair, then simply used the "Spherize" function to put a curve in the hairs.

Pic01 shows LAMH window showing length of hair with 40 points, and results of spherize.

Pic02 shows the fiberhair mesh in DS, there is no curve on the fiberhair.

LAMH 1.6.0.1

lamh01.jpg
    970 x 389 - 144K
    lamh02.jpg
    709 x 547 - 55K
    Post edited by stem_athome on

Hello,

Kendall

Hi,

I am on win7-64. PC not connected to internet. I activated again.

On using LAMH, it keeps crashing DS. When it does output fiberhair, the result is incorrect.

A quick test/example.

I imported a UV tube, made polygon selection for guids/hair, then simply used the "Spherize" function to put a curve in the hairs.

Pic01 shows LAMH window showing length of hair with 40 points, and results of spherize.

Pic02 shows the fiberhair mesh in DS, there is no curve on the fiberhair.

LAMH 1.6.0.1

What is the compression level on the Fiberhair?

Kendall

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    ragtatter said:

I'm having problems with little white artifacts showing up on this render, and I'm not sure why. Any suggestions on what might be causing it? I haven't altered the preset much from it's original starting point when downloaded.

The fur might be too shiny. There should be an option to mess with the hair shaders (when you're in the main daz window with LAMH as a tab, not when you're in the hair-making window) . Try choosing a darker color for the highlight/gloss property in each shave group.

• SOULSSHINESOULSSHINE Posts: 4
    edited May 2018

HI THERE ! Look at my Hair & Catalizer Happy Customer here ...

Can you Please Give us Some CATALIZER litle help ...

- We Made a HAIR in LAMH Studio ... 

- Exported to Daz Studio ... 

- Hited CATALIZER - to Convert to Iray Splines ! 

And Gives me This ERROR ! 

( There are no Catalizer Compiliant Assets to Render ! ) 

_

WHAT CAN WE DO, TO MAKE OUR OWN LAMH HAIRS RENDER ?

In IRAY Catalizer Compiliant

We Buyed this 2 Products Specially to make Iray Hairs And also Sell it at our Daz3D Store Along our Figures .

Can We have a Litle Customer Support Walktrough !

- Thank you deeply so much !

RUBEN 
    SOULSSTUDIOS

Daz3d.com PA

Post edited by SOULSSHINE on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863

Please not that nude images are not permitted.

Catalyser is not a general purpose tool, it requires special content prepared by the developer (currently for several of his animals). For other figues, including your own set-ups, you need to export as OBJ of Gibermesh from the main LaMH window.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

That would be "export as OBJ or Fibermesh" Richard, although Gibermesh sounds good :)

• LAMH looks great, but I'm mostly interested in animations. Any settings people would suggest that would make things render relatively quickly (keeping in mind that even a ten second animation at 24 frames per second is 240 separate images).  (also, any difference between the free and paid versions as far as rendering speed goes)

Thanks

• LAMH looks great, but I'm mostly interested in animations. Any settings people would suggest that would make things render relatively quickly (keeping in mind that even a ten second animation at 24 frames per second is 240 separate images).  (also, any difference between the free and paid versions as far as rendering speed goes)

Thanks

With the premise that given the way DAZ Studio plugin interfacing is structured it's very unlikely to get a LAMH character animate correctly without losing sync along the way, one thing you could try is increasing root/tip hair width and decrease hair quantity, so that you will get still a decent cover without having too much data to compute over the frames. So, say on a character with 500K hairs, better to lower that amount to 150-200K and double hair width. That should hopefully help you to carry on an animation.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited August 2018
    Martial said:

Thanks  VortigensBane for your comment

i cannot load the hair-fur at all , long or short

i have many AM figures ( beaver, fox, racoon, rodent, wolf.....) they have Iray version,LAMH version, standard version...When they are inside a scene , they are all correct with fur  and they are rendered perfectly

But i cannot use the plugin to put some presets fur on other animals like the Hirewise cat. Each time DAZStudio crash

Hi Martial, I can't try with any HW models because I don't have any, but with all the other figures I have, like Genesis or some of the DAZ animals for example, it works for me without issues.

Hi allessandro,

sorry to revive this issue, but there's a thread here in commons about the problem, so I thought I'd bring that to your attention. The fur presets in question are "sold" free in the HW store,

The load the cat/dog figure together with the fur. I don't know if the user's attempt to load these "complete" figures as a LAMH-preset through the plugin is causing the crash.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253
    edited September 2018

I have seen that the most recent of AM's creatures are optimized for the Catalyzer these days. But I'm still watching for new releases of critters with standard LAMH presets included. 

I've picked up most of them, usually on release, but there are some woodland creatures which I have a potential need for, but which do not seem to exist yet.

For example, with the rodents series, some new mice, or rats. A hamster would be welcome as well. I've got Noggins's old one, but it doesn't have fur. 

Other creatures; a ferret -- various people have wanted one of those for years. And I find myself with a potential project that is going to need a badger. (An oppossum would also be welcome, since those tend to show up even in suburbs.)

Are there any plans to build any of these on the general to-do list?

Post edited by JOdel on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    JOdel said:

I have seen that the most recent of AM's creatures are optimized for the Catalyzer these days. But I'm still watching for new releases of critters with standard LAMH presets included. 

I've picked up most of them, usually on release, but there are some woodland creatures which I have a potential need for, but which do not seem to exist yet.

For example, with the rodents series, some new mice, or rats. A hamster would be welcome as well. I've got Noggins's old one, but it doesn't have fur. 

Other creatures; a ferret -- various people have wanted one of those for years. And I find myself with a potential project that is going to need a badger. (An oppossum would also be welcome, since those tend to show up even in suburbs.)

Are there any plans to build any of these on the general to-do list?

Yeah, we got sucked into purchasing the Rodent Polymorph, and nothing much ever came of it. No Rat. No Mouse. No Hamster... Just another in a long string of LAMH carrots dangled with no follow through. I'm extremely skeptical now of any hint of anything to come from that product line.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Was there an updated PDF for LAMH released?  I have manual 1.5.  Didn't have much luck with setting up body hair, wanted to make lower leg hair to see how that would go but it was a mess.  Any video tutorials out there for making body hair that I can follow along with? 

• edited October 2018

Hello everyone.  I could not seem to find this so I thought I would ask.  LAMH, on my machine, runs incredibly slow.  I am only loading G3F.  I noticed how smooth it runs in the YouTube videos.  My PC is an i7-4790 CPU, 32GB RAM, Win 7 OS 64-bit with an nVidia Geforce 1070.  DAZ runs very well, but LAMH not so much.  Are there any settings I need to change?  I tried hiding everything I didn't need before moving G3F over, but I still see the entire model in LAMH.  Thank you for your time.

Post edited by jbtrimar_acfc607613 on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

It seems there isn't much happening with this thread or the product right now. However, I'm activating the plugin for the first time since installing it on my current computer, and I'm wondering which of the four personal codes I'm supposed to choose for activating. Does it matter? Is the proper one listed in my DAZ account somewhere? I don't remember the number I used the very first time I activated the plugin.