Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

arr don't worry about it, we all have those. My worst ones got lost in a HDD crash some years ago. But they are a reminder of how far we have come when we look back. All I can do is remember them, at least you have yours. smiley

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Thats true and the reason why I keep them. Actually right now they are a valid test mateiral for all the postwork experiment I'm doing. Its fun to see what you can pull out from some of them

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,647

I reaalllyyy love the render you did up for the freebie challenge this month @Linwelly!

I reaalllyyy love the render you did up for the freebie challenge this month @Linwelly!

Thank you so much! @Saphirewild

Though I have to admit that I couldn't have done it with freebies, as I'm not much of a freebie collector anymore

For someting else, if anybody is interested in reading in interview I gave to Comixene, a German print jounal about comics, writers and backgrounds, it's now available in print (Comixene 130), or you can go to my dA (see link below) site and see the interview there. Its in German obviously so, might be not that interesting for most folks here ;)

It has been shortened by a bit, so I might put up the complete interview at a later time

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Congrats on the interview!

edited March 2019

Finally a new post here, with an announcement I am very excited about!

you can find more information here https://digitalartlive.com/event/ten-style-secrets-for-sequential-art-in-comics-and-graphic-novels/

Announcement.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on

Ok March madness was a blast so far, now my budget is gone LOL

here is a little test with a lot of the new stuff I got

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

I am more than a little late commenting here, but those food and drink renders back in December were spectacular, are you sure you didn't slip photographs into your topic? laugh

Also love the Confidence and Doubt render!

edited March 2019
    Noswen said:

I am more than a little late commenting here, but those food and drink renders back in December were spectacular, are you sure you didn't slip photographs into your topic? laugh

Also love the Confidence and Doubt render!

Thanks a lot Noswen, I've been been askes so many times now about those food and drink renders being photos. I tried submitting the drings to a 3d themes group on dA and was askesd by the mod what about those glasses, they thought it was a photo as well :D

now trying to emulate an onld photo I ran the dragonlady render through some expeiments with Gimp2.10 and this is was came out

I kind of like the result. Like " Some time ago my granmother made this photo in this old chines town ..."

Dragonlady.png
    566 x 800 - 821K
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

That's amazing! Imagine lazing on a cold Thursday afternoon with an old family album, and coming across that photo!

TigerAnne said:

That's amazing! Imagine lazing on a cold Thursday afternoon with an old family album, and coming across that photo!

And then my grandmother would start and say " Oh I met this nice woman on the train to..." my grandmother always found people to talk to on the train, and she certainly would have loved to travel far, but never had the chance.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Dragonlady talking to her dragon. :-) I think the desaturated version helps focussing on the "talk" aspect... I didn't really see that in the full colour image, the eyes got too distracted by the colours.

BeeMKay said:

Dragonlady talking to her dragon. :-) I think the desaturated version helps focussing on the "talk" aspect... I didn't really see that in the full colour image, the eyes got too distracted by the colours.

I agree it gained meaning and the focus got different with the postwork

here is a promo I made for @Silent_Winter 's new tea set, which I tested as well.

this is redered in 3delight as he provides 3dl materials for it, no postwork except adding my logo

I noticed I didn't put up any art from Taiduo recently, and this one I like very much, its from one panel of the page I'm preparing at the moment

Is he pushing up his glasses, or having difficultioes seeing with his one eye? *puzzled*

Otherwise, a great render. I'm really curious how the story developes after the (accidential) overdose.

BeeMKay said:

Is he pushing up his glasses, or having difficultioes seeing with his one eye? *puzzled*

Otherwise, a great render. I'm really curious how the story developes after the (accidential) overdose.

He's pushing up the glasses but the emotion behind is hiding the face hence the title" the thoughts you fear" as this will be the moment he'll have to spill some more beans

edited April 2019

I had to give Mr Xiu a rejuvenation for the next page so this is what happened:

it was a bit of a surprise what a little less weight a younger skin a a different hair style do

I'm not utterly happy with the younger skin structure but I think its still within reasonable, especially since I'm not going to make a render to count the pores with his younger self. The lips and the eyebrowes worked well with that skin which was more important to me. I transfered the bum and the normal map to the younger skin but reduced the amount of the normal map. So the lines are already there but not as visible yet.

Thinking of rendering a face comparison as well

xiu_30_years_between.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M

Well done! He does look like himself, though the head of the younger version appears to be larger than the one of the older version. Though that's probably to the fact that he has more hair than his older self.

edited April 2019
    BeeMKay said:

Well done! He does look like himself, though the head of the younger version appears to be larger than the one of the older version. Though that's probably to the fact that he has more hair than his older self.

Thanks, yes its indeed because of the hair, I changed nothing about his basic form from one version to the other except the body weight

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287
    edited April 2019

This one is beautiful and excellently rendered!  The DOF together with the awesome rendering makes it look like a photo.

Post edited by themidget on
    Linwelly said:

Finally a new post here, with an announcement I am very excited about!

you can find more information here https://digitalartlive.com/event/ten-style-secrets-for-sequential-art-in-comics-and-graphic-novels/

Congrats!

After a little Easter holiday I come back to the store with a bit of a surprise: My webinar recording for sequential art is in the store wohoot!

https://www.daz3d.com/ten-style-secrets-for-sequential-art

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,647

Congrads @Linwelly!!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Ooooh.  Saw your new tutorial today.  Very cool indeed.  Your comic is stunning, by the way.  Great job.

Congratulations.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218

Yes congratulations,  it's great to see your tutorial in the store today.

Thank you so much everybody, it's really exciting :D

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited April 2019

I finally had a chance to catch up with your thread. I love what you've been doing lately. I'm really bummed I missed your webinar. I'll have to pick it up when it becomes available in the store. Congrats.

Edit to add: I didn't realize your webinar came out in the Daz store today. I guess I'll be picking it up sooner than expected. Congrats, @Linwelly!

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

Congrats on the Webinar!  I'm sorry I missed it, but will be picking it up soon.  I hope its doing really well for you!