• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Hizzz n Herzzz!

Nice!

Dana

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Don't know why I'm not getting any notifications when someone replies to this thread.

Here's a new project car for Sue!

can_you_say_project_car.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 463K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Don't know why I'm not getting any notifications when someone replies to this thread.

It depends on where you are in the world, what day it is, if there are butterflies around (they interfere with signals :lol: ). Between this forum software and ClodFlair (spelled that way on purpose) it's surprising we ever get notices...or can post!

Nice! What will she do with it?

Dana

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    betsy662 said:

It depends on where you are in the world, what day it is, if there are butterflies around (they interfere with signals :lol: ). Between this forum software and ClodFlair (spelled that way on purpose) it's surprising we ever get notices...or can post!

DanaDon't you mean, "what will she do TO it?" :-P

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    betsy662 said:

Dana

Don't you mean, "what will she do TO it?" :-P

All of the above! ;-)

Dana

• usherstangusherstang Posts: 89
    edited September 2013

music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:
    This 61 Chevy Impala SS is a mid poly Sketchup model, nice mesh, and I rigged the doors, wheels, hood and trunk. I really like the colors bringing it up to modern days. The stock hubcaps gives it that extra edge.

:-)

thnx for the compliment it's about time i saw my 61 impala shared on another site took me 4 hours to paint but it turned out great workin on a lamborghini now will upload in a day or two

Here is another one I did of usherstang's 61 Impala.

:-) very nice clean two tone you should check out the 1958 impala i uploaded. heres the link http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=1eeedab387fcb26e8a50fa07f7788a98

Post edited by usherstang on
    edited December 1969

Bettie of the Month for October 2013

bettie_of_the_month_october_2013.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 544K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Bettie of the Month for October 2013

Very nice!

Dana

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

betsy662,

I need to know what version of Blender you use and that DFF import/export script you use.

I did have Blender 2.64 but that was before I changed computers when the old on died. I had to download Blender 2.68a but can't find the DFF import/export script that will work with the newer version.

Thanks

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662,

I need to know what version of Blender you use and that DFF import/export script you use.

I did have Blender 2.64 but that was before I changed computers when the old on died. I had to download Blender 2.68a but can't find the DFF import/export script that will work with the newer version.

Thanks

I'm using Blender 2.63, I know that its frustrating, everyone keeps updating everything, especially when things work, then they make sure it doesn't work, I don't even remember where I got the dff importer!

One thing you might look into, some cars just won't import into Blender, and you have to go back to the other program you were using, Z Modeler.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662,

Thanks

I'm using Blender 2.63, I know that its frustrating, everyone keeps updating everything, especially when things work, then they make sure it doesn't work, I don't even remember where I got the dff importer!

One thing you might look into, some cars just won't import into Blender, and you have to go back to the other program you were using, Z Modeler.

Thanks Betsey,
    I always use ZModeler says it's locked for one vehicle I want to try. RWAnalyze shows it unlocked it but when I finally get it open in ZModeler, the mesh is screwed. Blender will open the original model without unlocking it (I remember that from when the other computer was working). Problem is, I can't find the DFF import/export script I used before.

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662,

Thanks

Thanks Betsey,
    I always use ZModeler says it's locked for one vehicle I want to try. RWAnalyze shows it unlocked it but when I finally get it open in ZModeler, the mesh is screwed. Blender will open the original model without unlocking it (I remember that from when the other computer was working). Problem is, I can't find the DFF import/export script I used before.

Oh, okay, I don't know where the script is for Blender either off hand, while they are improving Blender all the time, I know it is on a website somewhere, I don't remember if it was in this thread or in the original thread when that finally came about, I know I have the script installer somewhere on one of my flash drives, since that was a pretty recent development for Blender.

I do understand some about not wanting newer versions of certain programs, I still use the original version of Sketchup8, since the obj exporter won't work with newer versions!

edited September 2013

betsy662 said:
    Oh, okay, I don't know where the script is for Blender either off hand, while they are improving Blender all the time, I know it is on a website somewhere, I don't remember if it was in this thread or in the original thread when that finally came about, I know I have the script installer somewhere on one of my flash drives, since that was a pretty recent development for Blender.

I do understand some about not wanting newer versions of certain programs, I still use the original version of Sketchup8, since the obj exporter won't work with newer versions!

I've decided to look through the old forums to see if I can find where we had talked about this before but, my word, that thing is so slow.

And, you know, some of those old renders still look pretty good. I wish there was a way to just download the old forum with pictures.

Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

I've decided to look through the old forums to see if I can find where we had talked about this before but, my word, that thing is so slow.

And, you know, some of those old renders still look pretty good. I wish there was a way to just download the old forum with pictures.

I wasn't able to import the dff files until like last year, so it might just be in the earlier posts in this thread.

I know it was recent and after the new forum was back up!

edited December 1969

Sue's 56 Chebby Nomad Project!

56_chebby2.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 322K
    56_chebby1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 393K
    56_chebby.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 395K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Sue's 56 Chebby Nomad Project!

Sweet!

Dana

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

Tell her to keep clear of Tim the toolman we know what he did to his wife's Nomad

edited December 1969

That must have been before I started watching that show. Maybe I'll catch up someday...either catch the box set DVDs or maybe it will show up in the Comcast/Xfinity OnDemand line-up.

Dana

• RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Here's a Ford Cobra

FordCobra.jpg
    1600 x 960 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Renolace said:
    Here's a Ford Cobra

Very nice. I bet someone "rendered" a lot of money for that! :)

Dana

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:
    This 61 Chevy Impala SS is a mid poly Sketchup model, nice mesh, and I rigged the doors, wheels, hood and trunk. I really like the colors bringing it up to modern days. The stock hubcaps gives it that extra edge.

thnx for the compliment it's about time i saw my 61 impala shared on another site took me 4 hours to paint but it turned out great workin on a lamborghini now will upload in a day or two

Here is another one I did of usherstang's 61 Impala.

:-) very nice clean two tone you should check out the 1958 impala i uploaded. heres the link http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=1eeedab387fcb26e8a50fa07f7788a98

Nice...shame we can't get the file in .skf format. Really nice.

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

You and me both!

Betsy...seems like I remember you talking about the script you got that would let you use your Blender for .ttf files. Been a while though.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

I wasn't able to import the dff files until like last year, so it might just be in the earlier posts in this thread.

I know it was recent and after the new forum was back up!

Yes it was.

edited December 1969

Okay, for Cherokee, here is the site that I got my dff importer for blender from, http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=9798

edited October 2013

Renolace said:
    Here's a Ford Cobra

Leme guess...Modo!

FordCobra.jpg
    1600 x 960 - 1M
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • LomrikLomrik Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

1953 Cadillac Eldorado

I found this model as a freebie HERE. It comes in XSI and OBJ, the obj is untextured but has plenty of material zones.

Don't know much about cars but I like rendering them, especially the older ones with the great lines and curves.

1953CadillacEldorado.jpg
    1500 x 927 - 398K
  • RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

spider58 said:
    1953 Cadillac Eldorado

I found this model as a freebie HERE. It comes in XSI and OBJ, the obj is untextured but has plenty of material zones.

Don't know much about cars but I like rendering them, especially the older ones with the great lines and curves.

Nice render and find. And perfect timing too, I was just now looking for a nice freebie to work with. Thanks for sharing!!!

• LomrikLomrik Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

Renolace said:
    spider58 said:
    1953 Cadillac Eldorado

Nice render and find. And perfect timing too, I was just now looking for a nice freebie to work with. Thanks for sharing!!!
    Thank you and my pleasure. If you extract the xsi zip there are a few image maps in the pictures folder that will come in handy.

Have fun ;-)

edited October 2013

spider58 said:
    1953 Cadillac Eldorado

WOW! Nice find! Hey thanks for the link. I love links! Need more of them up in here.

Super car...lets go play.

Hey that's a nice background prop. Where did ya get it?

Also...the windshield is too much here...you need to set the opacity back to about 40...you can't see through it.

I tell ya...these old Caddys...huge cars...and that grill looks just like a wild animal with tusks comin' right at ya....lol. Gotta love it.

1953CadillacEldorado.jpg
    1500 x 927 - 398K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Tell her to keep clear of Tim the toolman we know what he did to his wife's Nomad

You mean THIS nomad?....If you look at the pics of it destroyed, you will see that THIS is only a model of it. If you look to the bottom of each photo, you can see writing on the postboard under it. Also, that is a very small piece of carpet it is sitting on. NOT REAL FOLKS!

So...the Nomad is still intact.....WHEW! Close huh? ARRRR ARRRR ARRRR.

TimToolman56Nomad3.jpg
    600 x 400 - 55K
    TimToolman56Nomad2.jpg
    600 x 400 - 87K
    TimToolman56Nomad1.jpg
    259 x 194 - 11K
This discussion has been closed.