CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

14445464749

Comments

  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 3,034
    edited October 2013

    music2u4u said:
    Tell her to keep clear of Tim the toolman we know what he did to his wife's Nomad

    You mean THIS nomad?....If you look at the pics of it destroyed, you will see that THIS is only a model of it. If you look to the bottom of each photo, you can see writing on the postboard under it. Also, that is a very small piece of carpet it is sitting on. NOT REAL FOLKS!

    So...the Nomad is still intact.....WHEW! Close huh? ARRRR ARRRR ARRRR.

    Yep it was impressive to see in the show and made you kinda go Oh Sh(*^^&*$#@#

    So...the Nomad is still intact.....WHEW! Close huh? ARRRR ARRRR ARRRR.


    Grrr 5 times to make this post kept going to my dashboard instead of posting
    Make that 6

    Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

    A (ultra) modern take on an old pin up style of image.

    All off the shelf stuff just having attacked the shaders mainly.

    GnCar.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,806
    edited December 1969

    John Sims said:
    A (ultra) modern take on an old pin up style of image.

    All off the shelf stuff just having attacked the shaders mainly.

    Nice work!

    Dana

  • none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

    @spider58
    Thanks for the 1953 Cadillac Eldorado link.

    Nice pic above too. ;-)

  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

    Thanks for your comments guys, they are much appreciated.

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,700
    edited December 1969

    John Sims said:
    A (ultra) modern take on an old pin up style of image.

    All off the shelf stuff just having attacked the shaders mainly.

    I have that model...the car, not the girl...hehehe. I would love to see this on a bilboard...huge sized. Really a nice touch with the Horizontal scheme. Really nice render JS.

    :-)

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,700
    edited December 1969

    @spider58
    Thanks for the 1953 Cadillac Eldorado link.

    Nice pic above too. ;-)

    Your Avatar ROCKS!...hehehe.

    :-)

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,700
    edited December 1969

    Tim the Toolman's new car is a 1968 Chevy Camaro SS he had restored completely. Saw him on a show working with the guy rebuilding it.

    :-)

    b9b97f1290898134d50b71466a739444.jpg
    500 x 295 - 43K
    TimAllen_05-1-13-11.jpg
    600 x 465 - 70K
  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

    Thanks for your comments. It was one of those images that just seemed to work. I had been doing a few with just the girl and a friend said "What about a car?" I wanted to continue the the whole "Pinup in the 22nd Century" theme so blingged the car materials to look like an over restored classic or a retro reincarnation of the Bugatti.

  • none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

    music2u4u said:
    @spider58
    Thanks for the 1953 Cadillac Eldorado link.

    Nice pic above too. ;-)

    Your Avatar ROCKS!...hehehe.

    :-)

    Thanks. Cat ...POW!!!
    Hehe.

  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

    Something of a "work in progress", a 944 I generated from scratch in 3DS Max.

    I periodically revisit it and think "Why did I do that like that?" and end up changing small things rather than make any real progress. Still, one day perhaps I'll get it to a point I'm happy with, but then there is always screw heads to consider, and chamfered edges, and joining shells to avoid centre seams when using a symmetry modifier etc etc.

    Beaky7.jpg
    1177 x 470 - 265K
  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

    A somewhat tongue in cheek 356 I produced for a video for PCGB.

    356_Racer2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,806
    edited December 1969

    Nice work on both of them, John!

    Dana

  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

    Thanks Dana. I'm looking forward to doing some more on the 944 at some time. I have a version which I exported into my DAZ runtime but it didn't convert that well. The smoothing in 3DS Max didn't seem to carry across so I need to increase the resolution of the original.

  • RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

    John Sims said:
    Thanks Dana. I'm looking forward to doing some more on the 944 at some time. I have a version which I exported into my DAZ runtime but it didn't convert that well. The smoothing in 3DS Max didn't seem to carry across so I need to increase the resolution of the original.

    Nice Renders and cool cars. I haven't played in DAZ much but I think it has 4 different types of subdivision including catmull-clark.

  • RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

    Heres the 1953 Cadillac. I can't believe this one is a freebie, very nice mesh.

    53Cad.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 940K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 3,034
    edited December 1969

    Got un-subscribed again
    Some nice work done I see

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,806
    edited December 1969

    Renolace said:
    Heres the 1953 Cadillac. I can't believe this one is a freebie, very nice mesh.

    Wow, it looks really classy in that color! Nice job!

    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,806
    edited December 1969

    Got un-subscribed again
    Some nice work done I see

    17 months in, and still these issues won't go away! :long:

    Dana

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,700
    edited December 1969

    music2u4u said:
    @spider58
    Thanks for the 1953 Cadillac Eldorado link.

    Nice pic above too. ;-)

    Your Avatar ROCKS!...hehehe.

    :-)

    Thanks. Cat ...POW!!!
    Hehe.

    Here ya go!

    :-)

    Lv3iV.jpg
    625 x 637 - 191K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,700
    edited December 1969

    Renolace said:
    Heres the 1953 Cadillac. I can't believe this one is a freebie, very nice mesh.

    So what background set did you use...it's awesome.

    :-)

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,806
    edited December 1969

    music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:
    @spider58
    Thanks for the 1953 Cadillac Eldorado link.

    Nice pic above too. ;-)

    Your Avatar ROCKS!...hehehe.

    :-)

    Thanks. Cat ...POW!!!
    Hehe.

    Here ya go!

    :-)

    Wow! Great freeze frame!

    Dana

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,700
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:
    @spider58
    Thanks for the 1953 Cadillac Eldorado link.

    Nice pic above too. ;-)

    Your Avatar ROCKS!...hehehe.

    :-)

    Thanks. Cat ...POW!!!
    Hehe.

    Here ya go!

    :-)

    Wow! Great freeze frame!

    Dana

    What I thought was funny about it is the pendilum on the clock is freeze framed at the same angle the cat is!

    :-)

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,700
    edited October 2013

    Here's my take on the 53 Caddy. Also the GTA 55 chevy conversion.

    :-)

    1955ChevyGTA1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 649K
    1953CadillacElDoradoDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 200K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,806
    edited December 1969

    I really like that color on the Caddy, too. I suppose that's a shader?

    Dana

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,700
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    I really like that color on the Caddy, too. I suppose that's a shader?

    Dana

    Yup...tha's a shader. And you can change the color of each shader when you use it. I added some red to gold to get that color.

    :-)

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,700
    edited December 1969

    Two more pages folks and we hit "MARK III". Our third phase of the thread. It stops at 100 pages...I think!

    :-)

  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 3,034
    edited December 1969

    music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:
    @spider58
    Thanks for the 1953 Cadillac Eldorado link.

    Nice pic above too. ;-)

    Your Avatar ROCKS!...hehehe.

    :-)

    Thanks. Cat ...POW!!!
    Hehe.

    Here ya go!

    :-)

    Banzai Cat

  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

    I read a brilliant article on the issues of perfect materials in 3D rendering particularly for cars, planes and other non organic objects. Surfaces can be too clean, too evenly reflective, too perfect. This perfection is enough to put sufficient doubt in your mind to throw something which should otherwise look photo real. The article included a displacement map to give that surface deformation from spraying paint.

    I appreciate that you can pay to have a vehicle professionally detailed in which case the surface will be polished to an almost perfect finish but, as this is an exception rather than the norm, most vehicles don't have perfect finishes.

    I'll try and find the link IIRC it was in AREA.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,806
    edited December 1969

    John Sims said:
    I read a brilliant article on the issues of perfect materials in 3D rendering particularly for cars, planes and other non organic objects. Surfaces can be too clean, too evenly reflective, too perfect. This perfection is enough to put sufficient doubt in your mind to throw something which should otherwise look photo real. The article included a displacement map to give that surface deformation from spraying paint.

    I appreciate that you can pay to have a vehicle professionally detailed in which case the surface will be polished to an almost perfect finish but, as this is an exception rather than the norm, most vehicles don't have perfect finishes.

    I'll try and find the link IIRC it was in AREA.

    That sounds interesting. I do notice that some things look too perfect to be realistic. Although, I must admit that I've seen a lot of cars that have amazing paint jobs and shines. Maybe upon close inspection you can find little imperfections, but not always from a distance that allows a full view of the car...which many of the posts here do.

    Dana

This discussion has been closed.