CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

i have missed the previous posts because ive been sick but i think that i can do a framework but the fairings are way out of my means
    i model classics not futuristics
    the hardest part would be modeling a front suspension because most bikes use a spinged fork
    and that just slapped me in the face with a front end design
    ill sit down later and sketch a rough out out and try to post it asap
    Yeah, this is definitely more "high-tech". A tutorial on how to build and rig 3D vehicles, particularly motorcycles would be most helpful.

I saw something about a tutorial on rigging vehicles...let me see...I think it might have been at RDNA. Yeah...Advanced Vehicle Rigging Techniques I don't know if it would be helpful, but I don't see how it could not be. As far as I know, DarkEdgeDesign is highly respected.

Dana

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    i have missed the previous posts because ive been sick but i think that i can do a framework but the fairings are way out of my means
    i model classics not futuristics
    the hardest part would be modeling a front suspension because most bikes use a spinged fork
    and that just slapped me in the face with a front end design
    ill sit down later and sketch a rough out out and try to post it asap
    Yeah, this is definitely more "high-tech". A tutorial on how to build and rig 3D vehicles, particularly motorcycles would be most helpful.

I saw something about a tutorial on rigging vehicles...let me see...I think it might have been at RDNA. Yeah...Advanced Vehicle Rigging Techniques I don't know if it would be helpful, but I don't see how it could not be. As far as I know, DarkEdgeDesign is highly respected.

DanaYeah. Unfortunately, I don't have $25 to spare on that.

• edited December 1969

i found a killer tut for rigging in poser from blender and it cost me nothing, i wonder where that tutorials link is again???
    i was thinking of a frame design almost remenicentof the stumbler from batman

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2013

Here is a quick test render that I made. It is interesting to see that the 1950s family car has a dull shine. One of these days I will buy a motorcycle from the Platinum Club store.

Memory usage statistics for me to remember:

Video Ram: 100 MB
    Daz Studio 3 / 3Delight: 325 MB

Laura_1950s_car.jpg
    640 x 480 - 184K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • usherstangusherstang Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    This 61 Chevy Impala SS is a mid poly Sketchup model, nice mesh, and I rigged the doors, wheels, hood and trunk. I really like the colors bringing it up to modern days. The stock hubcaps gives it that extra edge.

:-)

thnx for the compliment it's about time i saw my 61 impala shared on another site took me 4 hours to paint but it turned out great workin on a lamborghini now will upload in a day or two

edited December 1969

Here is a quick test render that I made. It is interesting to see that the 1950s family car has a dull shine. One of these days I will buy a motorcycle from the Platinum Club store.

That dull look is similar to the real ones...if they haven't been kept up. I remember seeing them on the road a lot, and especially the red ones, seemed to fade like that.

Dana

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

From Poser to Bryce for altering materials and rendering.

I like this one best! Very cool.

I have the 57 chevy you have in your first render and it has two flat planes inbedded in the grill that are NOT on a 57 bumper. I fixed it but I can't remember how I did it...lol. Those two planes can be removed.

ChevyCity.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 222K
    edited December 1969

Looking good there, Savage.

Hey Music; This may or may not be the right place for it, but it is on the general subject of cars and bikes. I have a custom design bike for one of my characters I need to build for use in Daz, but don't have the first clue on how to go about modelling it nor rigging it. The design is a heavily armed, center-hub steering forkless recumbent design with a pair of large pods on either side of the rear wheel, and needs to be fully posable. How do I go about building it? Examples of the type of bike I want to build can be found here and here. The steering system I want to use is demonstrated here. And a couple of specific "real world" (and unarmed) examples include the Suzuki G-Strider, the "Keneda", and this bike. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

First you must know how to model and select the modeling platform and program you want to use. I would suggest going to the tutorial sections of sites to see if you can find some tuts on modeling a motorcycle. The late Catermaran was the king of bike modeling. Many others have used his basic bikes to elaborate with their own creations. I think he modeled all his bikes in CAD.

There is a site out there that offers free bike parts. Different frames, front ends, motors, etc. but I don't have any links for you. Can't remember where it is. I have the Harley and chopper parts myself but can not give them without permission. If I can find the link, I will pm you it. You could build from these parts.

edited December 1969

Renolace said:
    ...and on his farm he had a Dodge....eieioooo

Here's a 69 Charger R/T

Is this a render?...looks like a photograph. I had a 69/70 Corvette that same color. 427...3 twos...4 speed!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2013

music2u4u said:
    Looking good there, Savage.

Hey Music; This may or may not be the right place for it, but it is on the general subject of cars and bikes. I have a custom design bike for one of my characters I need to build for use in Daz, but don't have the first clue on how to go about modelling it nor rigging it. The design is a heavily armed, center-hub steering forkless recumbent design with a pair of large pods on either side of the rear wheel, and needs to be fully posable. How do I go about building it? Examples of the type of bike I want to build can be found here and here. The steering system I want to use is demonstrated here. And a couple of specific "real world" (and unarmed) examples include the Suzuki G-Strider, the "Keneda", and this bike. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

First you must know how to model and select the modeling platform and program you want to use. I would suggest going to the tutorial sections of sites to see if you can find some tuts on modeling a motorcycle. The late Catermaran was the king of bike modeling. Many others have used his basic bikes to elaborate with their own creations. I think he modeled all his bikes in CAD.

There is a site out there that offers free bike parts. Different frames, front ends, motors, etc. but I don't have any links for you. Can't remember where it is. I have the Harley and chopper parts myself but can not give them without permission. If I can find the link, I will pm you it. You could build from these parts.

:-)I know how to model in Hexagon, at least making clothes (and my battle glove), but I've not done machines yet. Given my design, this will almost assuredly need a custom frame, and will definitely need a custom front suspension and handlebars. The front wheel will most likely need to be custom to accommodate the center hub steering system.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

There are shaders availible that will make that 55 shine like new!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    This 61 Chevy Impala SS is a mid poly Sketchup model, nice mesh, and I rigged the doors, wheels, hood and trunk. I really like the colors bringing it up to modern days. The stock hubcaps gives it that extra edge.

thnx for the compliment it's about time i saw my 61 impala shared on another site took me 4 hours to paint but it turned out great workin on a lamborghini now will upload in a day or two

Thank you for all your work, can't believe you are here...too cool! I love your 61 Impala SS!

edited September 2013

Check these out...brand new 1957 ford sedans....ummmmmmm!

New_1957_Fords.jpg
    962 x 617 - 76K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Renolace said:

Here's a 69 Charger R/T

Nice

Thanks Robert, I'm glad you like it. :cheese:

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Renolace said:

Here's a 69 Charger R/T

Is this a render?...looks like a photograph. I had a 69/70 Corvette that same color. 427...3 twos...4 speed!

That sounds like a great car, I had a 70 Charger R/T close to this color, but not as shiny, lol. Yeah, that rootbeer brown is kind of a favorite color for me, looks great on some cars, I bet your Corvette was gorgeous.

edited December 1969

Here's a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS

70SS.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 965K
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Renolace said:

Looks great. What program are your rendering these in?

edited September 2013

Cherokee said:
    Renolace said:

I think it is a photograph. It can fool you though. Here is a cobra I rendered with Reality 2. Some say it looks very real.

ShelbyCobra427.jpg
    960 x 768 - 216K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    Renolace said:

Thanks Cherokee, rendered in Modo

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Cherokee said:
    Renolace said:

I think it is a photograph. It can fool you though. Here is a cobra I rendered with Reality 2. Some say it looks very real.

looks really nice Music, I like all the props around it...It's almost impossible to distinguish reality from cg these days, usually cg is too clean. Here is a cobra made by a guy called Ludo G that he posted in the Modo Gallery.

Shelby_427_by_Ludo_G.jpg
    1024 x 583 - 446K
    edited September 2013

Renolace said:
    music2u4u said:
    Cherokee said:
    Renolace said:

looks really nice Music, I like all the props around it...It's almost impossible to distinguish reality from cg these days, usually cg is too clean. Here is a cobra made by a guy called Ludo G that he posted in the Modo Gallery.

Same Cobra I used. It is everywhere. He used different tires than I did. He has the ones that are on most I've seen. Goodyears. I used Dunlops because the treads were nicer. This is a superb render. Love the reflections.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Here is another one I did of usherstang's 61 Impala.

61Impala1Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 237K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:

Wow, very nice. I suppose that's another sketchup model?

Dana

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited December 1969

Grrr daz is doing it again got Unsubscribed from the thread

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:

Wow, very nice. I suppose that's another sketchup model?

Dana

Yup...lol.

edited December 1969

Here is my "Gothic Express" that I will be giving away to the winner of this year's MONSTER MASH HALLOWEEN BASH next month in the freepository freebie challenge. It is my throw off on the old BOOT HILL EXPRESS from the 1960s by Chuck Barris. It has a 390 Ford engine 2 850 duel pumper Holly four barrell carbs. It will haul (dead) arse...lol.

Come enter the challenge and you may win it. I invite you all.

GothicExpress1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 281K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited December 1969

Grrrr Resubscribing again

Nice looking model there music

edited December 1969

Grrrr Resubscribing again

Nice looking model there music

Hang in there...(poor Robert!)

:shut:

edited December 1969

A few of my fav cars. I have made Poser .pp2 files of these with movable parts. Doors, hood, trunk, tires, etc. Just learned how to force the limits on the doors and hood so they will stop at a certain point, then retract back to zero. Also how to hide dials you don't need.

1940FordSedanDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 281K
    1951ChevyTruckDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 366K
    1956ChevyNomadCustomDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 286K
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Hizzz n Herzzz!

hizzz_herzzz.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 477K