Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

Yes! Thanks for the heads-up, 3drendero! Had the characters, but those do have some things I didn't already have! (and I like having more stuff!)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

My store is 50% off at the mo smiley

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Hi Tim,  Might grab that City Hall and use it for a museum! Ta... yes

Howie Farkes Noble Pines is on sale 50% off.  I have Valle Alpina (also on sale) which brings even my newer machine to its knees, even when I stripped out a lot of the mountain stuff and got what was sort of like Noble Pines... does NP open easier?  frown  SIlene

https://www.daz3d.com/noble-pines

I don't have Valle Alpina, but Noble Pines performs pretty well on my old i5 Mac

My store is 50% off at the mo smiley

Awesome!!! 

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited February 2019
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191
    3drendero said:
    60% off Stonemasons store. This big set has free Carrara shades at sharecg. https://www.daz3d.com/urban-sprawl-2-the-big-city ;

Urban Sprawl 2 is an amazing product, very convincing.  It inspired me to make this 2 minute animation - in Carrara, but I didn't know about the Carrara shaders, many thanks.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

i have US2, bt no diverse  realistic cars to fill it

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191
    MAJourney said:

i have US2, bt no diverse  realistic cars to fill it

Try a search on Low Rez Vehicles and similar, some are pretty good for non-closeups.  That kind of product should help fill up the large US2 without exploding the file size.  Then use a High Rez vehicle for closeups.

Another one you won't want wink https://www.daz3d.com/fleet-ops-admirals-cabin

(note: although the store page says you need the Bridge & Ready Room sets, that's only for the preload that loads all three together)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Congrats on the new product. Looks like another winner.  

edited February 2019

Thanks Ted smiley

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
    New big weekly freebies. includes 2 bundles. Give it a few hours to get the prices to 0. https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models#

Awesome thread link, Brian! I was going to suggest a PC+ membership, which is an amazing way to get a lot of excellent vehicles in a hurry - even under a really tight (like mine) budget - and they're really nice models too. Free is a wonderful price though!

Sometimes, I prefer my 'bought' content over a lot of the free stuff I used to collect before I became a DAZ 3D shopper. Before I recently disappeared from the forums, I've been a PC member since my first purchase. Back then it was $99/year and well worth it.

Well, since I've let my PC+ membership lapse, I was amazed at the price difference! I went from ALWAYS being able to buy something every month - to not! LOL

Rosie just got mme another yearly subscription - so I'm happy once again!

Congrats on the new product. Looks like another winner.  

Yes! I visited TangoAlpha and Vyusur (and PhilW and others) stores and... WOW! They've been busy in my absence! Gonna be fun buying and getting caught up! I'm particularly excited about this whole Fleet Ops collection!

Ooops... I shouldn't be doing this in this thread. (points finger) It's Diomede's Fault! LOL

3drendero said:
    New big weekly freebies. includes 2 bundles. Give it a few hours to get the prices to 0. https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models#

Thanks Again, 3drendero! Good Score!

• Awesome thread link, Brian! I was going to suggest a PC+ membership, which is an amazing way to get a lot of excellent vehicles in a hurry - even under a really tight (like mine) budget - and they're really nice models too. Free is a wonderful price though!

Sometimes, I prefer my 'bought' content over a lot of the free stuff I used to collect before I became a DAZ 3D shopper. Before I recently disappeared from the forums, I've been a PC member since my first purchase. Back then it was $99/year and well worth it.

Well, since I've let my PC+ membership lapse, I was amazed at the price difference! I went from ALWAYS being able to buy something every month - to not! LOL

Glad you’re back Dart!

Thanks! Me too! Nice being home again!

Awesome thread link, Brian! I was going to suggest a PC+ membership, which is an amazing way to get a lot of excellent vehicles in a hurry - even under a really tight (like mine) budget - and they're really nice models too. Free is a wonderful price though!

Yeah, I am PC+. I'm just a sucker for realistic, real-world vehicles. lol The last time I looked at DAZ's vehicles, I saw a bunch of racers, sci-fi/futuristic cars, toony cars, cars with tires flat as bicycle tires... So not looked recently.

Yeah, you're right. A lot of exotic, specialty, or crazy in some way or shape.

I've been collecting for a long time and I know most of my vehicles came from my PC membership, so I wonder if some of the ordinary vehicles I got from it are still available. Between busses, cargo vans, trucks, and a slew of contemporary car or suv-like rides, I can fill US1 scenes without a sweat. I also have an elevated subway system in one of them. And Predatron's LoRez folks adorn my Carrara browser in various forms to drop in when needed.

I do have some cars and such from ShareCG (free) that I think would be really cool, but I haven't actually tried them yet.

I spent a little more for my main characters, whose main cars are from DzFire's store and they each have a few from Petipet and share some from Ravenhart. 

Dreamland added some cool new sports cars to PC+ though, and I think they will all end up in my library.

Carrara being Carrara, I often find it fun to make (in Howler) a nice rusted out texture set for something, and go into Edit mode to bang it up a bit... or a lot! LOL

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Some Carrara-related items in fast grab. I saw Carrara shaders for leaves.  HDRI lighting GI domes.  Maybe more.

Some Carrara-related items in fast grab. I saw Carrara shaders for leaves.  HDRI lighting GI domes.  Maybe more.

Sweet! Just like to point out that those aren't just "Shaders for leaves", it's actually 30 Carrara leaves with 30 Shaders for them (likely work on other leaves to. Just to clarify some ;)

edited February 2019
    50% off Howie Farkes Carrara items.
    Post edited by 3drendero on
    3drendero said:
    50% off Howie Farkes Carrara items.

Any of you landscape creators ever try either of his Arboretum collections? They're marvelous at what they do to the plant modeler as far as presets and shaders, and just the preset trees are amazing in their own rite! I also love how all of his sets add so many options to the plant modeler, along with all of the other wonderful assets he includes in the browser - not to mention the preset landscapes themselves. He's very gifted as well as being invaluably generous at providing Massive Bang for the buck!

New bi-weekly freebies are up (soon), mostly old freebie reposted. One big house bundle is replayed. https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models#
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

well, not on sale, but something to watch for:  

• 734 Word PDF Outlining Concepts Used

https://www.daz3d.com/carraracters-delphinia
    https://www.daz3d.com/rm-delphinia-v4

Mystarra said:

well, not on sale, but something to watch for:  

• 734 Word PDF Outlining Concepts Used

https://www.daz3d.com/carraracters-delphinia

It's really interesting. The videos are cool too!

Aaaand...I got the Arboretum sets. It's Dart's fault. lol