Art ? Yess, but not here my preciousss... those nasty hobbittsses stole it and replaced it with cra

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Time to get back to doing what I'm best at - stupid stuff !

You're NOT Leaving This House Dressed Like THAT, Young Lady !

(I got bored before I got round to doing the background)

*snicker* this is brilliant!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Here's another old one I just found on ShareCG:

This one just cracks me up.  the idea that as a dragon, he will fit behind the pole is just hilarious.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

With this month's freebie challenge theme being "Frozen In Time" my brain did a sharp U-turn, fell down a hole, and ended up with this...

Gazpacho...With Condiments

"Would sir like a chunk of Snortling-frozen-in-thyme in his gazpacho ? "

edited September 2023

Smokin' !

A male fantasy female mercenary... or something like that.

I'm sure that she's appropriately dressed for this forum. That's a skirt she's wearing, not a belt - from The Sentry outfit. Here's a couple of the images from the DAZ store page, for the unbelievers:

I have to say that this outfit contains some of my very favourite pieces - I especially love the metal breast-spectacles ! laugh

Trouble.jpg
    1080 x 832 - 73K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Shh ! I'm Hiding !

HAHAHAHA I love this!

Me too ! I have my own back-story for it (and several half-completed renders that I deleted), but I think it works best if people make up their own.

edited September 2023
    TigerAnne said:

...I love Snarly Charlie, so hopefully we'll se more of him. laugh ...

I think he's already appeared a few times...

Gnarly Charlie

In my gallery

It Said You Pronounced Its Name Wrongly...

Posted in my gallery

Looook Intooo My Eyesss !

Posted in my gallery

Snarly Charlie!

But I know there's also a picture somewhere (originally posted only at RDNA) called "One Man And His Dog" that I'll try and find.

9861747d6ec55344024e8aa50c3d820b_original.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 136K
    1ef2c5e3d8e259bc94ccd62a17b91075_original.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 289K
    bce8c7dba67023d9368a803647a7479f_original.jpg
    1000 x 962 - 170K
    4ac4b22ca3da1626393a7238da297b40_original.jpg
    919 x 862 - 199K
    edited January 2019

I didn't think it'd be that easy to find !

One Man And His Dog

His dog's quite cool too.

OneManAndHisDog.jpg
    1000 x 962 - 80K
    edited January 2019

Time to get back to doing what I'm best at - stupid stuff !

(I got bored before I got round to doing the background)

*snicker* this is brilliant!

I was really disappointed in the way Mum turned out here, but I think Dad was perfect - that's why I did the second render

TigerAnne said:

..That last picture reminds me of a story (from a forum way back in the day) where a teenager rebelled against her skanky parents by dressing really conservatively. They responded by mostly pretending she didn't exist.

Taking a cliché and turning it upside down is often quite fun ! I was originally planning on having the parents wearing the sensible armour... hmmm? I wonder if Sir Smuggly Smuggins has a wayward daughter

Here's another old one I just found on ShareCG:

This one just cracks me up.  the idea that as a dragon, he will fit behind the pole is just hilarious.

I hadn't even noticed that - it was purely accidental. But it's given me an idea...

edited September 2023

Free Fall (Two Variants)

Those pictures are upside down - they actually ended up as the House Of Flying Daggers inspired "Spirit Of The Wind" in my gallery

Render 4.jpg
    901 x 843 - 95K
    Render 6.jpg
    901 x 843 - 90K
    c9ddb7d8ebda738435fc659d2c6035df_original.jpg
    920 x 862 - 149K
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Taking a cliché and turning it upside down is often quite fun !

A couple of my "stories" feature a pair of identical twins (though one is dead), who were gigantic maths-nerds. Their metal-head father hated that, and forced them to join a Goth-rock band instead of going to college. One of them couldn't handle the pressure, and one night he had a breakdown on stage, reciting the works of Pythagoras. I thought it was hilarious at the time I came up with it, but you just know that it's probably happened to someone in real life, somewhere. cool

edited January 2019

All The Better To... EAT YOU WITH !

Followed, if I remember correctly, by a  "scooby doobie doo!" - Snarly Charlie's dog, Satan 3 (he was originally called Rocket - after the tasty green salad vegetable - which he claimed was the only thing he really liked to eat*), has a wickedly bizarre sense of humour. He insisted that we just post a thumbnail of this picture.

*he was lying

BigBadWolf.jpg
    215 x 243 - 11K
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 832

Don't know if "One Man And His Dog" is suppused to be funny or not, but looks pretty cool. 

Quite a bit to look at if study it.  Normal map for his arms for some diff. texture?

Lighting for dog too.  Like how it's just his mouth and teeth.

edited January 2019

Funny is all in the mind of the viewer*. I think I'd just put the two figures in the same scene and the title 'One Man And His Dog' came to mind - that's a reference to the extremely boring sheepdog trials program on TV when I was a kid. I imagined Charlie's dog eating all the sheep, and the TV crew, and then leaping out of all the TVs and eating all the viewers...

Regarding the more technical-type stuff: his skin is The FREAK 4 Skin Maps 02** from the DAZ store (which I picked up either when it was free many years ago, or as part of a really cheap bundle ($0.99) back in the glory days of the old PC, before they added the +) but with the bump map plugged into displacement too, and both values cranked up rather high. I used an SSS mouth shader from the RDNA forums for his doggy's mouth, tongue and teeth, exactly the same as the earlier "All The Better To Eat You With!" picture (just above your post). And as usual I was using Poser.

*I know that I find many other people's 'serious' renders absolutely hilarious !

**When I was searching for the URL my keyboard mistyped, missing out a space, and I had a good schoolboy chuckle at the fact I wassearching for 'Freak 4skin maps' - Fnarr! Fnarr!

edited November 2020

So How Does The Veeendmeeell Of Terrooor Verk Work ?

Mr Drac talking to the camera, explaining how his "Veeendmeeell Of Terrooor" works.
    You should really see the picture here first. (edit: picture now added to this post)
    And you should also watch "What We Do In The Shadows".

Now imagine Mr Drac giving his explanation in the style of Viago and/or Vladislav...

"Sooo,you vant to know how my Veeendmeeell Of Terrooor verks?"

[raises an eyebrow and makes a little head gesture]

"Veeeeeell... ven a veeezeeetor arrives, I creeep out and hide behind the veeendmeeell.... eees kvite deeeficult becaaause ze veeendmeeel is kvite small.
    Zen I start to turn ze handle - I need to use both hands because eees kvite rusty - after being outside in the rain for hundreds of years.
    Eet makes an eereetating skveeking noise too... but zat's okay... because it's kvite creeepy noise.
    Zen ze hands of ze veeendmeeell start going round and round...
    no, zat's not ze scary bit - zat's just vot veendmeeells do.
    I turn ze handle faster and faster and zen... a scary clown pops out of the top of ze veendmeell like a jack-in-the box... and vails... like a baaanshee.

Vell... it used to. But it vasn't designed to be left out in ze rain for hundreds of years.
    Nowadays ze clown doesn't pop out... he veeeery slowly vobbles up and zen... sort of... flops... and ze noise is like vun of zose tin can toys zat you turn upside down and zey go 'mooooo'.

Like a cow.

But eeet's steeel kvite scary"

edited January 2019

Flamingoraptor ?

Render 1.png
    832 x 832 - 346K
    edited June 2019

A couple more pictures of that Charlie chap.
    He doesn't seem to do much - just slight variations of the one pose.
    And he growls. He likes growling. Grrrr!
    And hissing, like a snake. Ssssss...

And singing...

I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt

I'm Too Sexy For My Shorts

(actually just wearing rather low-slung trousers - in case any moral guardians are watching)

And his dog's feeling a bit left out, so we have...

Suburberus - The Demon Dog Of Dark Alleyways

(actually it's just a triple exposure of Rocket pulling silly faces)

Nice Doggy !

This photo was taken just after he ate the guy from the kennel club.

I'm sure I could do something sensible with these characters but I'm far too lazy.

And anyway, 'sensible' isn't really my style...

Charlie03.jpg
    1000 x 962 - 52K
    Subuerberus.jpg
    1000 x 962 - 57K
    NiceDoggy.jpg
    1000 x 962 - 35K
    edited January 2019

One of my favourite pictures from G.R.R. Trollkin's invaluable reference book,

"A Field Guide To Fantasy Species, With Illustrations For Easy Identification"

The inspiration for this was an explanation of why 0! = 1

(that's pronounced. 'zero factorial equals one', not 'zero is not equal to 1' - read the spaces!)

The elf-lady from How Big Should Elf Ears Be? appears to have recovered from her bout of EESAC for the photoshoot. Maybe they're fake ears ?

Guide.jpg
    1587 x 832 - 167K
    edited June 2019

While I'm waiting to see if anybody goes for the Star Wars Day challenge I've been playing, and coming up with some new sci-fi characters whocould be in my Space Opera ...

Another Sexy Bald Space Babe !

Space Dwarf

P.S. I know he's just a dwarf with a space helmet. But space dwarves are 'ard as nails and don't need namby-pamby space-suits. The helmet's only there so you know he's a space dwarf. Not a ground-bound dwarf.

Fred

( Thinks: I wonder if Fred's a Pugno-Belligerian ? )

SexyBaldSpaceBabe.jpg
    478 x 828 - 25K
    SpaceDwarf.jpg
    675 x 700 - 48K
    Fred.jpg
    570 x 784 - 39K

I love them! Especially Fred, although he looks like he's maybe got a habbit of being... grabby with other crew members. indecision

edited May 2019

Yes, Fred's a bit of a handyman. You can do some interesting things with eight fingers (in opposable pairs) and an ovipositor on each hand. He's also got a trick up each sleeve.

But enough about Fred.
    We move along now to the...

Elite Imperial Monkeytrooper

And one of my favourite sci-fi characters...

Chiana ! What Have They Done To You !

Render 2.jpg
    823 x 823 - 31K
    Render 2.jpg
    832 x 832 - 24K

How's his aim?

Her... ahem! second sight must be a bit reduced like that?

edited May 2019

TigerAnne said:

How's his aim?

Very good with the mallet. And even if he misses with the mallet he can resort to his backup blunderbus.

TigerAnne said:

Her... ahem! second sight must be a bit reduced like that?

She didn't see that one coming - whatever it was that did that to her !

Anyway, here's another fine render I did (which is posted elsewhere, with a title and caption across the top for those who can't work it out).

SpaceOperaB3Flowers.jpg
    1648 x 2000 - 232K
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574

I've been meaning to ask, where did you get that helmet?  Did you model it?

Sincerely,

Bill

edited May 2019

It's one of my favourites - from Flesh Forge's (freebie) Encounter V4 outfit at ShareCG

It's a Poser figure (cr2) but I often use it alone as a prop - scale and translate to fit just about any figure, then parent to the figure's chest.

Edit: I can also model it for you... laugh

model.jpg
    267 x 831 - 22K
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574

Thanks!  I may have even downloaded it already, but just never installed it.  Maybe that's why it seemed so familiar.

On the other hand, I wondered if it may have been a "repurposed' item, say, some kind of "bubble car" with the interior removed.  I often do things like that.

Thanks for the feedback and the link!

Sincerely,

Bill

edited May 2019

An non-entry for this months Spring Flowers freebie challenge...

Edit: I might as well stick this one here too (from PPC#1138).
    I think it's self-explanatory...

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You have the weirdest sence  of haha Pete!!!

I so love all your weird and wonderful renders!!

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

3dcheapskate, you have very unique take on humour ;) Gonna watch your creations now (haven't found you until freebie challenge threads, so there's plenty of your oldies to discover here)

p.s.

Took me several moments to fully realize what i see laugh

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Shh ! I'm Hiding !

I was watching that detective tv show with young Bruce Willis (i didn't even recognize him at first), "Moonlighting" agency. In one of series three people dressed as ladies to sneak into hotel room. In the end, there were 4 people dressed the same. Only two of them were men.