Sakura 8

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Thats a cool render!

• 3dOutlaw said:

Thats a cool render!

Thank you . I got in a High School of the Dead kind of mood.  The anime was mostly fanservice but the others were actually better.  Her big sister with the sniper rifle is the one to watch out for lol.   I have been experimenting with postwork which I so rarely did in the past and liking the results so far. 

Yea, if you can pick up the Nik collection (the older free google version, prior to getting bought) the Color Effects Pro has some good basic postwork options.  It works in Paint.Net, in case you are a frugal customer (free + free = free!)

• 3dOutlaw said:

Yea, if you can pick up the Nik collection (the older free google version, prior to getting bought) the Color Effects Pro has some good basic postwork options.  It works in Paint.Net, in case you are a frugal customer (free + free = free!)

Sorry I have to chuckle.  I have CS6 and Painter  but I much prefer paint.net to both. I also have Filter Forge as well. I just started playing with it even though I have had for a good while.  I do my general clean up and such in paint.net and then I will bounce it around a few other things.  The irony was I got interested in doing more postwork after reading a , twitter manga/ anime called Tawawa on Monday .  He does everything blue pencil and I loved the look and wanted to start doing something similar vs that normally doll look you get with Daz renders. 

• edited December 2018

It would seem the edit wouldn't let me edit.. lol. but something like this .. that is Sakura mixed with Posey's Mina.  This is what I meant. 

VT2.png
    566 x 800 - 2M
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Thanks @3doutlaw  Really great renders by you and noshoba.  Enjoying them.

• Thank you  Edge.. Been kind of multitasking between rendering  and modeling something up for a friend.  So haven't been able to focus on just one thing.  

• Happy Holidays.

I have a question.  I am asking here because this where I am aquianted with the most people lol.  But anyway.  I have been working on something I may offer as a freebie or a vendor product.  Where should I start a thread to get feedback? 

Many PA's are Platninum Club, so if you are, it is a good place.  I would chat with a few folks, maybe discuss the idea and a few screenshots, and see if they think it would be accepted.

You can also just send the idea and few screenshots to the Daz group here (the PA email) to see if they would be interested.  You can also do the same over at Rendo.  Feel free to PM me about experiences I had with both (and HiveWire)

• 3dOutlaw said:

Many PA's are Platninum Club, so if you are, it is a good place.  I would chat with a few folks, maybe discuss the idea and a few screenshots, and see if they think it would be accepted.

You can also just send the idea and few screenshots to the Daz group here (the PA email) to see if they would be interested.  You can also do the same over at Rendo.  Feel free to PM me about experiences I had with both (and HiveWire)like 

Thanks 3D for the input. I doubt it would pass muster here but probably would over at Rendo.  For one thing I suck with Irarey lol.  Right now it is more of a static prop item although I have the parts grouped in such a way that it wouldn't be hard to give it moving parts.  It is more of a Stonemason , Dzfire type of item.  Was debating offering the static prop as a freebie to guage interest  and the finished one with all the moving parts as a saleable probably a PC+ type item.  Honestly I have texture sets I could offer as well but like I said I am still figuring out Iray. My textures do render well in Iray without being Iray ironically.

Happy Holidays my friend.  Oh just click the link for my DA gallery and can see some very early wips of it. 

Merry Christmas to you too! I'll check it out
  • I really wish there was a way to upgrade or build another set of Sickleyield's Japanese school uniform for males.  Been wanting to do a blasted render but autofit does some really does something odd to it and not the usual stretch either.  I really think I need to figure out how to do clothes lol. 

• Don't know if this thread is still active but.......can someone please explain Sakura's eye situation to me? I simply cannot get her eyes to show up at all. I just get 2 transparent orbs sunk back into the skull and no textures from any character set show up. The tip tab in her eye texture folder says to select the eye first but that doesn't do anything. =(

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I really wish there was a way to upgrade or build another set of Sickleyield's Japanese school uniform for males.  Been wanting to do a blasted render but autofit does some really does something odd to it and not the usual stretch either.  I really think I need to figure out how to do clothes lol. 

What Genesis is it for, and what is the target genesis?

3 to 8 (or vice-versa) use scene identification; the same can work for G2 to G8, but requires some work to get it to fit; usually better to get it to fit on G3 first.

• nicstt said:

I really wish there was a way to upgrade or build another set of Sickleyield's Japanese school uniform for males.  Been wanting to do a blasted render but autofit does some really does something odd to it and not the usual stretch either.  I really think I need to figure out how to do clothes lol. 

What Genesis is it for, and what is the target genesis?

3 to 8 (or vice-versa) use scene identification; the same can work for G2 to G8, but requires some work to get it to fit; usually better to get it to fit on G3 first.

Sorry I missed your reply.   SY's school uni  was for genesis and I have had no problem fitting it. The fun comes in when you save it and reload the save file.  It loads in like someone went happy with the deformers and I have to keep  replacing it.  I haven't run into it often but every once in a while I will have that happen with an outfit to autofit up the generation for Genesis.

Honestly I reuse a good bit of my G2 content on 3 and 8.  Hell the G2 MFD works better on 8 vs the later versions. Also the later versions dumped some of the morphs which was extremely annoying. To  me that wasn't worth the price of a better fit. 

The look I am wanting for that jacket comes from a certain anime that I liked what they did with the standard boys uni. It was an idiot simple change that made the generic look not so boring.  I might try a geoshell on it to see if I can get that to work but then might have to do a new uvmap for it and I suck at that.  

• Don't know if this thread is still active but.......can someone please explain Sakura's eye situation to me? I simply cannot get her eyes to show up at all. I just get 2 transparent orbs sunk back into the skull and no textures from any character set show up. The tip tab in her eye texture folder says to select the eye first but that doesn't do anything. =(

Can you post a pic. And are you dialing in Sakura on base G8F or loading the character Sakura? 

• edited January 2019

Ok lets send out the old year with cute. 

Plushie pillowB.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • eck let me resize lol

• edited January 2019

Ok I will need to send a thanks over to Lady Littlefox for those cat ears with fox morph that came with Thistle. Only complaint is you do need to click the show hidden properties to make them work right since they are not conformable to the figure but the hair.  You have some scaling issues that need tweaking for the fit.  

Finally a set of ears that will work with my fox/wolf girl renders. But anyway. This is Sakura and Thistle mixed 50/50 like in the promo.  

Thistle Sakura Finally.png
    800 x 800 - 992K

Ah, they are cute!  Littlefox stuff is always nice.

I've been toying with the new grass wordlbuilder thing, it's nice!  This is my first render out of it.  Pretty simple stuff.

• Which grass builder did you get? I have the ones with the Sakura and Japanese maples. 

Thanks  I already have a work around for matching other hair colors that LLF mentions in the product page. Worked up some inner ear LIEs and since I usually use hair shaders anyway that worked rather well. :D

I got the ULTIMATE Grass & Meadow Worldbuilder

• 3dOutlaw said:

I got the ULTIMATE Grass & Meadow Worldbuilder

Ahh I have the other one.  Been kitbashing hair figures and looking for a plushie I thought I had.  Seems the other site has been down all morning. 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Alita by tkdrobert

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited January 2020

My last post was deleted for some reason. Probably because of links so I'll be posting actual works here:

Post edited by Tryhard on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

well done on those two animations; the effects are great.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142
    nicstt said:

Agreed, very cool!

Cool, are the animations rendered in Daz?  I like the shading in the second one.

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    nicstt said:

Agreed, very cool!

Great job!

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    3dOutlaw said:

Cool, are the animations rendered in Daz?  I like the shading in the second one.

Nope. It's Unity.