CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited August 2013

betsy662 said:
    I knew it!

Sunday Night at Moonshine's!

Ya know....it kinda looks like the car in the movie "American Graffetti" only NOT yellow.

:-)

YellowDeuceCoupeAtMels.jpg
    300 x 168 - 9K
    sunday_night_at_moonshines.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 446K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited August 2013

betsy662 said:
    Classic Black

I like these....only the front tires are floating off the ground...doh!

edited August 2013

betsy662 said:
    That one came in four parts, off of the 3D warehouse, I put it all together in Sketchup, and then reworked it in Blender, it was basically the same Deuce parts I have worked with, but these are all ready to put together to make a complete car, of course, the reason it comes in four parts is because, well, when I went to import it into Blender, it came out to 80 MB!

And a very fine roadster it came out to be! I love it.

RestoRodSceneDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 236K
    edited August 2013

Hey Betsy.....my memory is gone, and I don't mean pooter memory....I mean memory. Did you do this render? and if so...I have kept it all these years. want it? Copy it, paste it. It's the only size I have.

origimage_1_3095845.jpg
    600 x 362 - 176K
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Sweet roadster, I'll purchase 2 ;-) Great render.

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:
    That one came in four parts, off of the 3D warehouse, I put it all together in Sketchup, and then reworked it in Blender, it was basically the same Deuce parts I have worked with, but these are all ready to put together to make a complete car, of course, the reason it comes in four parts is because, well, when I went to import it into Blender, it came out to 80 MB!

And a very fine roadster it came out to be! I love it.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited August 2013

Sadly, this one reminds me of Mater from movie Cars, no longer in service. Cool render.

music2u4u said:
    Hey Betsy.....my memory is gone, and I don't mean pooter memory....I mean memory. Did you do this render? and if so...I have kept it all these years. want it? Copy it, paste it. It's the only size I have.

Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Crap!

crap.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 448K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited August 2013

Anyone seen a 1931 Ford Model A 5-window Coupe Hot Rod like Abby's in NCIS

i244268.jpg
    658 x 310 - 28K
    Post edited by Robert Freise on
    edited December 1969

Gee Robert, the closest thing I've seen that's even decent is the 29 Coupe that is available at the 3D Warehouse, while it would need some reworking to make it into a hotrod, its about the closest I've seen, other than possibly Dan Palatnik, who makes really nice models, but I wouldn't know how to go about getting one of his Model A models.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Gee Robert, the closest thing I've seen that's even decent is the 29 Coupe that is available at the 3D Warehouse, while it would need some reworking to make it into a hotrod, its about the closest I've seen, other than possibly Dan Palatnik, who makes really nice models, but I wouldn't know how to go about getting one of his Model A models.

Grrrrr trying for the fourth time to post (*^%$^&* dashboard)

Yeah hadn't been able to find anything either

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Yes, that is one of my old renders, that was the week that truck and texture sets came out for it for the PC.

edited December 1969

Oh No!

Oh_No.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 414K
    edited December 1969

Okay, we wouldn't want to get someone upset with us now would we? so here is a A Sad State of Affairs!

obamanomics.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 540K
    edited December 1969

Perhaps we can fixer up!

lets_rebuild_it.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 688K
    edited December 1969

I got the diner today...kinda sad to see it like that. Maybe it could be fixed up.

edited December 1969

Visions of the Past!

remembering_the_past.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 427K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Visions of the Past!

Nice pic
    Reminds me of what used to be a common sight when I was a kid and what they have become now

edited September 2013

betsy662 said:
    Visions of the Past!

I think this is probably one of your best renders up in here. It has real deep meaning for us hot car lovers. Sometime the truth hurts!!!!

I got a copy of it to add to my "best car renders from the internet" folder. Thanks.

remembering_the_past.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 427K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:
    Visions of the Past!

I think this is probably one of your best renders up in here. It has real deep meaning for us hot car lovers. Sometime the truth hurts!!!!

I got a copy of it to add to my "best car renders from the internet" folder. Thanks.

I would have used a different name for the image, but it probably would have been deleted!

edited December 1969

Hey...we are not far from Mark III of the car lovers thread. Eight more pages and we are there.

Keep 'um coming. I have invited some folks from my freebie challenge to come look around, so please be nice to them and help them with any questions or links to cars. Heads up.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

From Poser to Bryce for altering materials and rendering.

ChevyCity.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 222K
    Caddy.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 173K
    Chevy.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 152K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2013

Looking good there, Savage.

Hey Music; This may or may not be the right place for it, but it is on the general subject of cars and bikes. I have a custom design bike for one of my characters I need to build for use in Daz, but don't have the first clue on how to go about modelling it nor rigging it. The design is a heavily armed, center-hub steering forkless recumbent design with a pair of large pods on either side of the rear wheel, and needs to be fully posable. How do I go about building it? Examples of the type of bike I want to build can be found here and here. The steering system I want to use is demonstrated here. And a couple of specific "real world" (and unarmed) examples include the Suzuki G-Strider, the "Keneda", and this bike. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Hey Music; This may or may not be the right place for it, but it is on the general subject of cars and bikes. I have a custom design bike for one of my characters I need to build for use in Daz, but don't have the first clue on how to go about modelling it nor rigging it. The design is a heavily armed, center-hub steering forkless recumbent design with a pair of large pods on either side of the rear wheel, and needs to be fully posable. How do I go about building it? Examples of the type of bike I want to build can be found here and here. The steering system I want to use is demonstrated here. And a couple of specific "real world" (and unarmed) examples include the Suzuki G-Strider, the "Keneda", and this bike. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sorry, I can't help you with the modeling but those are some cool looking bikes.

Looking at the hub center steering demo the first thing I thought was how much a pain it would be to change a flat on that thing. :)

Oh, and the link to the Keneda is broken.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:

Sorry, I can't help you with the modeling but those are some cool looking bikes.

Looking at the hub center steering demo the first thing I thought was how much a pain it would be to change a flat on that thing. :)

Oh, and the link to the Keneda is broken.fixed.

• RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

...and on his farm he had a Dodge....eieioooo

Here's a 69 Charger R/T

69RT.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 940K
    edited December 1969

Renolace said:
    ...and on his farm he had a Dodge....eieioooo

Here's a 69 Charger R/T

Nice

• edited December 1969

i like the r/t ive always had a love for the classics

tramp, i looked the hubsteer idea and what exactly do you want it for?
    it wouldnt be that hard to work into a design i already have
    its a dual cable (push/pull) design with a centered control arm not too different than what street cars have
    if combined wth the rim drive that russel designed a few years ago
    it would make for a killer frame until you take the turning radius into account

edited September 2013

i like the r/t ive always had a love for the classics

tramp, i looked the hubsteer idea and what exactly do you want it for?
    it wouldnt be that hard to work into a design i already have
    its a dual cable (push/pull) design with a centered control arm not too different than what street cars have
    if combined wth the rim drive that russel designed a few years ago
    it would make for a killer frame until you take the turning radius into account

It's actually for one of my comic book characters. It's similar in design to the G-Strider from my previous post (purely by coincidence), with the handlebars like the affore mentioned black bike I linked to, and two huge pods (one on either side) similar to the Garland from Megazone 23 (though not quite "that" huge. The front suspension and front faring are patterned loosely after the Highway Star from BGC but in a recumbent design, rather than a feet backwards design, and can seat two. I want to build it in Hexagon, and rig it in Daz, but I don't know how, and I don't really know much about the mechanics of motorcycles.
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • edited December 1969

i have missed the previous posts because ive been sick but i think that i can do a framework but the fairings are way out of my means
    i model classics not futuristics
    the hardest part would be modeling a front suspension because most bikes use a spinged fork
    and that just slapped me in the face with a front end design
    ill sit down later and sketch a rough out out and try to post it asap

edited December 1969

i have missed the previous posts because ive been sick but i think that i can do a framework but the fairings are way out of my means
    i model classics not futuristics
    the hardest part would be modeling a front suspension because most bikes use a spinged fork
    and that just slapped me in the face with a front end design
    ill sit down later and sketch a rough out out and try to post it asap
    Yeah, this is definitely more "high-tech". A tutorial on how to build and rig 3D vehicles, particularly motorcycles would be most helpful.
This discussion has been closed.