Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited November 2018

Hmmm... just opened the three browsers again,and...

...I'm not logged into the DAZ site on Opera !

More curiously, I didn't see the 'signing you out' crap, and the head+shoulders thingy top right is white, asit should be when you're not logged in.
    So maybe I didn't actually log back in while doing the last post (which I did from FF)
    this one's easily explained - I changed oneof Opera's privacy settings, and all cookies were cleared on closing the browser. So I've set that back as it was.

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I keep saying this.   If you sign in on the front page and tick the keep me logged in box then you generally  get left logged in to bothe the store and the forum all day. I will sign out and then sign in again first thing each morning,

you have to remember that there are 2 different softwares running the site,  one for the forums and then Magento for the store and other secure stuff.  The front page is the only way to reliably synchronise both log ins I find.  YMMV

edited November 2018
    Chohole said:

I keep saying this.   If you sign in on the front page and tick the keep me logged in box then you generally  get left logged in to bothe the store and the forum all day. I will sign out and then sign in again first thing each morning,

Yes, I hear you, and I like your "... then you generally get left logged in to both the store and the forum all day", because that brings two thoughts to mind:

- To me 'keep me logged in' doesn't just mean 'keep me logged in for the rest of today'
    - And '...generally...' - implies that sometimes you don't ? wink

P.S. I did hear you last time almost exactly a year ago. I even tried what you suggested back then, and still got auto-kicked-out from the forum.

So, all together now, again... "Here we go round the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush... "(I think that should play any time the auto-sign-outoccurs)

Chohole said:

...you have to remember that there are 2 different softwares running the site,  one for the forums and then Magento for the store and other secure stuff.  The front page is the only way to reliably synchronise both log ins I find.  YMMV

...and it seems that the left-hand software doesn't have a clue what the right-hand software is doing ! wink

edited November 2018

Just off to manually log out of the DAZ website in Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
    Then I'll log back in on all three via the front page.

How much are you willing to bet that I won't be auto-signed out from all them within, say 5 days ?
    I'll wager 7 Ningys that I'll be kicked out of each of the three browsers at least once by midday Wed 21st Nov 2018 UTC...

Edit: okay,I've logged back in via the front page fromFirefox...
    Edit2: ...and Opera...
    Edit3: ...and Chrome. Let's see how long it takes. I'll also try only viewing the forums- not the store, not the gallery

• More adventures... Opera, Win10. Logged in from the daz3d.com front page, "remember me", all that. Browsed some forums. Checked out the biweekly freebies. Snatched that Hiro 5 bundle just in case.

Got logged out of the whole site, store and forums both, after I clicked the final green button in the "purchase". Ended up on the front daz3d.com page.

First time it happened to me.

The bundle got added to my account fine, as it turned out, but I wouldn't want this to happen during an actual purchase.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Chohole said:

you have to remember that there are 2 different softwares running the site,  one for the forums and then Magento for the store and other secure stuff.  The front page is the only way to reliably synchronise both log ins I find.  YMMV

I have the forums open in one tab and my account open in another tab.  I don't close them.  If the store and forums are separate software, why does doing something in the one tab log you out in the other?  Fishy!  If I am logged out in the forums, I switch to the tab with my account...which is usually still logged in...I refresh that page, then when I go back to the forums tab, it logs me in when I click on any link there, or refresh that page.

Dana

Well, since my last post, I did nothing.  I refreshed the forum tab and it signed me out.  I saw that there was a new post in the Fluidos thread.  But after showing me the thread with the orange 1, it signed me out...before I even clicked on it.    angry

I did not close the browser, I did not log off, I did not look at the store, I've been busy with other things.

Dana

edited November 2018

Well, if chohole had accepted my wager I'd have to find storage for seven extra Ningys !
    I opened all three browsers this morning, went to a forum bookmark in each...

...all three** did the Here-we-go-round-the-mulberry-bush "Signing you out" crap ! Here's a screenshot of where I ended up after the whirligig finished (l to r: FF, Chrome, Opera).I also clicked the blue head+shoulders icon top right of each page to showthat despite it being blue (indicating you're logged in) I'm actually logged out:

Anyway, since I'm having so much fun with this game I decided to try again andplay a second round: I went back to the front page and logged in again from all three browsers:

COME ON DAZ - THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM SINCE 2015* ! laugh

Edit: Anyhow, 13 hours later I'm still logged in on all three browsers. I even switched off the computer for a while.

*Bug report 204662 (Abysmal Behaviour Of "Keep Me Logged In" Option On The DAZ Forums Looks Very Unprofessional) raised 7 Nov 2015. Last message 2 Apr 2016 (from DAZ) "I have passed this to web. Unfortunately, I can not say when they will be looking at it again as they are really busy at the moment. I will be sure to report back as soon as I hear something.".
    Next time I looked (Dec 2016) I had to open a new bug report 234416 (same title) with "
    This is a follow-up to your previous request #204662 "Abysmal Behaviour Of "Keep Me Logged In" Option On The DAZ Forums Looks Very Unprofessional". The last I heard on this was 2nd April. I guess it should have been the 1st, April Fools' Day... ;o) Just noticed that the support request was closed. No idea by who, or why. Not by me - I'm still patiently waiting for a response. If you're not going to fix it please just say so ! :o)", to which the response was "...Unfortunately the Web team simply doesn't have the resource to resolve the issue you reported..." and that report was closed too.

So yes,I know that DAZ aren't going to fix it... which is why I have so much fun posting about it ! devil It's a sort of 'Happy Birthday' to the bug - 3 years old ! We had a party to celebrate, with jelly and ice cream and cake and hats and poppers and those curly paper kazoo things you blow into..

LessThan24Hours!.jpg
    1907 x 479 - 154K
    TryAgain.jpg
    1920 x 653 - 218K
    edited November 2018

Less than 24 hours after logging into the DAZ site on all three browsers via the main page, guess what ?

...I've been kicked out again on all three.

But I noticed that this time Chrome didn't do that 'Signing you out' crap, and actually left me signed out but on the forum page I was viewing... a pure fluke I think.

(Yesterday, after logging in, I only went to a few forum pages via my bookmarks (i.e. no shop visits, no gallery visits). I closed each browser when I finished. I even had the computer switched off for a while. But each time Iopened the browsers yesterday and used a DAZ forum bookmark it all worked fine. But not today)

So that's twice now I've logged in via the main page on allthreebrowsers and been kicked out on allthree within 24hours. Taken in conjunction with the 'all day' in chohole's comment "...generally  get left logged in to bothe the store and the forum all day.." I'm beginning to think that DAZ have redifined "Keep me logged in" as 'Keep me logged in for 24 hours maximum" - but only when it's via the main page; when it's via the forums it seems to mean 'Keep me logged in for a completely arbitrary time"

Anyway, I'm beginning to get bored with this game, so maybe next year ?

AndAgain.jpg
    1920 x 516 - 169K
    edited November 2018

...and (did I say I was bored? You didn't believe that did you? I have an extremely high (or low, depending on whether you're big- or little-endian) boredom threshold!)...

...guess what ? ...

...I've just been auto-signed out from Firefox again - less than 5 hours this time. Still signed in on Chrome and Opera.

(after the previous post I signed back in to all three browsers from the site main page with "Keep me logged in" ticked,closed allbrowsers, reopened them, went to a DAZ forum bookmark to check that I was still logged in - I was)

N.B. Regarding individual cookies:

• Firefox: Options > Privacy+ Security > Cookies +Site Data >Manage Data : no longer seems to let me look at individual cookies ?
    • Chrome: Settings >Advanced > Content Settings > Cookies > : __cfduid , _fbp , _ga , _gid , customergroup , frontend
    • Opera: Settings >Advanced >Privacy+ Security > Content Settings >Cookies : __cfduid , _fbp , _ga , _gid , customergroup , frontend

I noticed that the data stored for the 'customergroup' group cookie is simply '1'.  So maybe customer group 1 gets the special random period before auto-sign-out ? wink

...and (did I say I was bored? You didn't believe that did you? I have an extremely high (or low, depending on whether you're big- or little-endian) boredom threshold!)...

...guess what ? ...

...I've just been auto-signed out from Firefox again - less than 5 hours this time. Still signed in on Chrome and Opera.

(after the previous post I signed back in to all three browsers from the site main page with "Keep me logged in" ticked,closed allbrowsers, reopened them, went to a DAZ forum bookmark to check that I was still logged in - I was)

• Firefox: Options > Privacy+ Security > Cookies +Site Data >Manage Data : no longer seems to let me look at individual cookies ?
    • Chrome: Settings >Advanced > Content Settings > Cookies > : __cfduid , _fbp , _ga , _gid , customergroup , frontend
    • Opera: Settings >Advanced >Privacy+ Security > Content Settings >Cookies : __cfduid , _fbp , _ga , _gid , customergroup , frontend

I noticed that the data stored for the 'customergroup' group cookie is simply '1'.  So maybe customer group 1 gets the special random period before auto-sign-out ? wink

Number one with a bullet?

Dana

edited November 2018
    Chohole said:

So maybe that's the way 99.99999% of the world does it laugh

DanaTA said:

...guess what ? ...

Number one with a bullet?

Dana

More like "Number one with a bull***t!" wink

Guess what ? Just opened the browsers for the first time today, went to a DAZ forum bookmark... and I was kicked out on Opera and Chrome (I hadn't logged back in to Firefox).

Just logged back into all three via the front page again. What's the betting that by this time tomorrow I'll have been auto-logged out of all three ? For the third time in three days. I'd say that'll be fairly conclusive proof that logging in via the main page is not the solution. At least for me.

I get logged out more than once in a day, sometimes more than twice...in the same day, sometimes just an hour or two after last time I read a thread.

Dana

• I'm still logged in on all three - that's around 14½ hours (if my counting skills are working) since I logged back in from all 3 browsers via the main page.

But yes, the key word for the auto-sign-out appears to be 'random'. I've occasionally been auto-signed-out very quickly (a matter of hours, maybe less) and once recently (using Opera) I remained signed in for a week or more (see some of my posts from earlier this month).

For me logging in via the front page seems to be a complete no-no as I seem to get kicked out consistently,butrandomly, in less than 24 hours.Logging in via the forum the kick-out time generally seems to be longer - days, not hours.

And when I sign in on three browsers, if I get kicked out on one I'm usually left signed in on one or bothof the others if I've logged in via the forum page.But if I've signed in via the front page it seems as (more?) likely that I get kicked out fromall three at the same time.

Allof the above is just how it appears to me...

edited November 2018

Just opened all three browsers,went to DAZ forum bookmarks (first try since previous post), and...

...guess what ? ...

kicked out on all three. In the customary manner -i.e. looks like it's all okay (page loads,orange 'new' stuff),then "signing you out",then forumhomepage (with orange "new"against each forum and blue head+shoulders icon, but definitely logged out)

That's just 25½ hours since I logged in. 

At least logging in via the site front page is consistent - no pesky being left logged in for more than 24 hours !

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I get error 502 when trying to check my store credit at https://www.daz3d.com/storecredit/info (I used the link in my account).

Cannot check store credit - error 502.JPG
    1039 x 802 - 53K
    edited December 2018

It's been a whole month since I posted a gripe about the auto-signout feature.

But no gripe this time !

Just an image to go with that unwanted auto-logoff "signing you out" message...

Mod Edit :-Image removed for obscenity

...cos that how it feels looks appears when you're on the receiving end ! ;o)

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2018

...I did warn Emotiguy about that gesture. Hopefully this one's okay ?

Render 1.png
    752 x 532 - 265K
    edited April 2019

Is anybody else seeing this, or have I been selected for 'special' treatment...? wink

Now (since the weekend) it appears that to log back in after being arbitrarily auto-signed-out I also have to complete one of those 'captcha' thingies.

But why do I have to enter my username and password twice ?

StreamlinedLogin.jpg
    1832 x 728 - 159K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

I get it occasionally 

the wait while we sign you out daily

edited May 2019

I'm wondering more specifically about the new thing, i.e. the 'Captcha'.

I had some problems a couple of weeks back trying to login from a friend's house - I kept getting messages that "Your computer has been listed as having malware" and then Cloudflare and/or Magento would fall over with various error messages. I reported this, with screenshots. I pointed out that I got the same if I tried to log in on a brand new smartphone, so it was unlikely to be my computer. I also suggested corrections to the text of the error message based on this fact, which I'm sure went down well ! laugh
    I also ran a couple of different malware scans and a couple of different antivirus scans on my beast just in case. All clean - so the scans said. I reported all that too. DAZ support told me a couple of days later that the problem had been resoilved, but since I was no longer at my friend's house I couldn't't confirm. I haven't seen the Cloudflare/Magento falling flat on its face type errors since I got home,so maybe they did fix that bit.

But the Captcha bothers me - especially as it appears that I'm the only person who sees it !

Paranoid ? Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not targetting you ! wink

Untitled.png
    1164 x 1196 - 135K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203

DAZ_Rawb did post on this a week or so back - it's reluctantly been added, at least for new users/accounts (I had to go though it when creating a new, non-PC account to test the issue people were having the coupon last weekend) and perhaps when signing in from a new machine.

edited May 2019

I never saw DAZ_Rawb's post - can you link to it ?

So I'll just quickly run through your checklist:

• New user? No, definitely not. Been here since 2007.
    • New account? No, same one I've had all that time..
    • New machine? No, same laptop I've been using for at least five years. I'm also using it 95% of the time from the same house I've been living in for even longer, and my internet provider hasn't changed since I've been living here.

So I shouldn't be seeing it, should I ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203

New IP address, presuambly, if you were away from home.

Rawb's post was here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4521806/#Comment_4521806

edited May 2019

Thanks, that post explains it - so I guess I'm living in one of 'those' countries.

And also my IP address isn't fixed even at home - it seems to change every time I turn on my system. I wonder if that has anything to do with the 'Please wait while we kick you out' randomish auto-log-off ?

(Edit: for my own reference - I posted over there too)

Thanks, that post explains it - so I guess I'm living in one of 'those' countries.

And also my IP address isn't fixed even at home - it seems to change every time I turn on my system. I wonder if that has anything to do with the 'Please wait while we kick you out' randomish auto-log-off ?

There is no rhyme or reason to the system dumping you out.  But I've confirmed that it can happen if you even simply look at any of the shopping pages, just to see what's new.  You don't need to actually buy something, just looking causes it.  And it doesn't matter if you do the looking in a separate tab in your browser, either.  I do that all the time.  It makes absolutely no sense at all.  If anything, they should make you sign in before you buy something, not after you've already bought something!  That's like shutting the barn doors after the horses have all escaped!

Dana

edited May 2019
    DanaTA said:

There is no rhyme or reason to the system dumping you out.  But I've confirmed that it can happen if you even simply look at any of the shopping pages, just to see what's new.  You don't need to actually buy something, just looking causes it.  And it doesn't matter if you do the looking in a separate tab in your browser, either.  I do that all the time.  It makes absolutely no sense at all.  If anything, they should make you sign in before you buy something, not after you've already bought something!  That's like shutting the barn doors after the horses have all escaped!

Dana

Maybe looking at the Store makes it more likely to happen, but it also dumps me out even if I completely avoid the 'Store' (which I usually do unless I see a forum post that 'the new bi-weekly freebies are up') and only look at the forums.

Edit: New test. When the site refused to let me login a few days prior to the Captcha first appearing for me (25 Apr 2019) I created an additional account purely to test whether the problem was account specific (it wasn't). I've just (3.30pm Sun 12May) logged in (with 'keep me logged in' ticked) using that account from both Opera and Chrome on my PC*. I'm posting this from my main account from FF on the same PC. Let's see what happens.

*It's actually a laptop, but it's a Piece of C***!

edited May 2019

New test (from previous post) complete.

100% Certain It's NOT Necessary To Look At The Store To Initiate The Auto-Kick-Out

Yesterday I was still logged in on both Opera and Chrome.
    Note: My IP address had changed from the previos day (12th) when I'd logged in.
    (I reopened both browsers several times during the day and looked at the forums - just the forums, although I did look at the 'My Account' page on Chromeonce by accident. But I 100% certainly did NOT go anywhere near the store)

This morning I opened both Opera and Chrome, used my 'The Commons' bookmark, and was auto-kicked out.
    My IP address was different from what it was on both 12th and 13th.
    Note: My internet provider seems to assign a random IPv4 address ###.###.XXX.YYY where ### is fixed, XXX is one of four consecutive numbers, and YYY is any value (1-255)

So it's 100% NOT necessary to go to the store to initiate the auto-kick-out.

P.S. I was still logged into this account on FFthis morning, but the 'new fortnightly-ish freebies are up' post is there so I'm off to the store...

Hmmm... very odd behaviour. I'd looked at the Freebies forum (in another tab), seen Charlie Judge's post, clicked the link to go to the freebies page (in the same tab), decided to post the PS above, so I clicked the browser's 'back' button to go back to Charlie Judge's post, copied the URL, went to the first tab and wrote the PS including the link and updated the post, closed the second tab (the one with Charlie Judge's post) so I now have only one tab open showing this post with the PS and link, clicked the link to Charlie Judge's post... and got that "Signing you in" thingy.

Yes,"Signing you IN"- even though I'm already signed in.

DAZ, there's something screwy going on - I think I mentioned that back in November 2015 ? wink

Only two freebies that I haven't got already - textures for stuff I haven't got for figures I don't use. I'll grab them anyway ! cheeky

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Honestly, I think DAZ got duped into using the current cloud fare they are on.  Renderosity is on something similar and I'm NEVER EVER logged out regardless of what I'm doing on their site.  Same with Hivewire 3D forums.. now their store is set to auto log you out each time but their forums, never ever!  This is the ONLY site I regularly go to with this issue.  Doesn't matter what browser I'm using.  I use Opera as my default.  Firefox on occasion and Edge even less... all three are logged out on a regular basis.  

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Now I guess that dynamic IPs may well play a part. Mine are always dynamic and they're always "pooled" - hopefully I'm using the right term; it's when your ISP has basically a range of IPs and every tme you connect you get one of these randomly, and other clients of this ISP can share the same IP. 

I'm also in one of "those" countries so having to deal with the captcha right now... I don't actually mind, I've been in worse situations captcha-wise. These I can at least solve even on my tablet (where I do a lot of browsing). =)

Yesterday I was in a place where connection keeps dying every two minutes... and I got logged out of the store every time I reconnected. Let's just say I couldn't wait to get home so that I could finish my purchase LOL