Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

16869707274

Comments

  • eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112

    it really doesn't seem like this thread is paid attention to.

  • DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 187

    I get emails from DAZ3D showing contest winner pics but for as long as I have been here I have never figured out where to go to participate in any contests. How does one enter?

  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 9,193
    DarkElf said:

    I get emails from DAZ3D showing contest winner pics but for as long as I have been here I have never figured out where to go to participate in any contests. How does one enter?

    Do you mean the Platinum Club ones?

    You can find them stickied at the top over in the Members Only forum

  • NyghtfallNyghtfall Posts: 507

    If you're not going to fix the board to eliminate auto-logouts, then I suggest you remove the "Keep Me Logged In" button because it obviously doesn't work.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,124

    ...so why am I suddenly unable to embed videos in posts?  Others seem to be able to do it.  I tried everything I could think of including using the paste/linking tools, and all I get is just the link not the actual video window.

  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,069
    edited July 30
    kyoto kid said:

    ...so why am I suddenly unable to embed videos in posts?  Others seem to be able to do it.  I tried everything I could think of including using the paste/linking tools, and all I get is just the link not the actual video window.

    I think it depends on whether you let the forum automatically apply the link...

    ...or whether you manually set the link

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QereR0CViMY

    Let's see how those look when I post...

     

    Edit:Yes, that's correct. Here's how I did the post:

    links.jpg
    918 x 460 - 50K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,124

    ...I tried both, and still only the link shows.  For some reason the Form software is refusing to do the auto application when I simply just past the link in the edit window.

  • IvyIvy Posts: 5,509
    edited July 31
    kyoto kid said:

    ...I tried both, and still only the link shows.  For some reason the Form software is refusing to do the auto application when I simply just past the link in the edit window.

    Hey KK click the  source button and place your youtube link between the <p> brackets  then click post comment , when you post the daz forum embeds the link as a video . thats how i do it anyway

     

    Click to play animation

    I hope that helps

    Capture.JPG
    1708 x 479 - 76K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,171
    @Ivy. Love this!
  • IvyIvy Posts: 5,509

    Thank you very much ALLIEKATBLUE,smileyheart

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,124
    Ivy said:
    kyoto kid said:

    ...I tried both, and still only the link shows.  For some reason the Form software is refusing to do the auto application when I simply just past the link in the edit window.

    Hey KK click the  source button and place your youtube link between the <p> brackets  then click post comment , when you post the daz forum embeds the link as a video . thats how i do it anyway

     

    Click to play animation

    I hope that helps

    ..that's new.  Never had to do that before but Ill give it a try.

    There must be some subtle changes being made to the site software or it's compatibility with various browsers as I also no longer can log into the DIM even though my sign on data has not changed.

  • IvyIvy Posts: 5,509
    edited July 31

    That has been the way I always have posted my animations since the new forum was developed., for some reason my firefox does not see videos posted using the link manager all I get is the link, so i always posted them in source code.

    I can't say whats up with your dimm I have had no issues so far, I downloaded the new version 4.12 beta last night and I just download some pose set through dimm i bought tonight so I can't give you any help there sorry indecision

    Post edited by Ivy on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,124
    edited August 1

    ..I've been on Chrome for a while and it always worked when i simply pasted the link to the video into the body of the post.  Now all of a sudden it doesn't.

    Yeah, I submitted a tech support ticket about the DIM issue. Must have missed their office hours as I got an email mentioning they don't have a 24 hour help service.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,069
    edited August 1

    Same as before but using Chrome - it says it's Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit).

    First letting the forum do its automagic...

    And secondly by manually adding the link to the text...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QereR0CViMY

    Edit: after posting this Chrome updated to Version 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) - it did that when I went to check what version it was.

    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,124
    edited August 1

    ..test:

    Direct paste int edit window: only the link.

    using the link button: only the link.

    Using the Source button like Ivy suggested:

    Strange that the behaviour would have mysteriously changed as it worked only a couple weeks ago when I simply pasted the link directly..

     

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 5,509
    kyoto kid said:

    ..test:

    Direct paste int edit window: only the link.

    using the link button: only the link.

    Using the Source button like Ivy suggested:

    Strange that the behaviour would have mysteriously changed as it worked only a couple weeks ago when I simply pasted the link directly..

     

    I always used the source to pos my videos , The posting a direct link for a video never had worked for me.   & At Renderosity you have use the complete YT embedding html tag to embed videos in their forum,  I work on a lot of web sites fixing designs issues & most common issue is a change in how the users browser reads a site, because of a new jquery codes,or new security layer, updating SSL certificate, or a dated head tags with expired data  , new software upgrades even some hardware upgrades as well,  anyone of those things can effect the interactions of a website. I have not heard or read anywhere anything about daz updating their forum so maybe it had to do with a browser update. 

    and if you use Foxfire since version 65.1  The Javascript off by default, so you might check something like that if you use streaming gaming or Java services like that  .

    I know I am not having any issues with The Daz Site or Dimm,   sometimes  if you change to a new a ISP you may need to clear your connection login cache to make sure you getting the full read write/connection unless you have a set proxy on you ISP , are you using a firewall or a AV? those buggers are always giving me issues viewing & downloading from sites. my AV hates Rendereotica   I have to turn Kasperkey off to use Dimm too, so maybe it one of those issues .

    Those are just some random issues you can check if you have not already. smiley

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,124

    ...I just find it odd (and somewhat annoying) that few weeks ago pasting the link into the post body worked fine, now nothing.

    About the same time I started having issues with the DIM.

  • IvyIvy Posts: 5,509

    Its properly the Nargles wink

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,124

    ...I think it's just sloppy code. I have the Magento programming book and it is, well, ugh.

  • TaozTaoz Posts: 6,908
    kyoto kid said:

    ..I've been on Chrome for a while and it always worked when i simply pasted the link to the video into the body of the post.  Now all of a sudden it doesn't.

    If the link shows as a normal link (underlined, blue), try right clicking on it and select "Unlink". Then it should work.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,279
    edited August 3

    Might be Opera but maybe not but the bookmark stars used to be gold now they are showing as the same color as the non bookmark stars.  So while the bookmark stars are smaller it's still hard to discern which is which when your bookmarking a new thread you want to keep tabs on.... 

     

    OK, I think I found the problem... seems that the site darkening plugin that I use (Sauron) is the cause.  Wasn't like that before so I think they updated the plugin and it's now decolorizing that particular set of site elements.  Grrrrrrrrrrr 

    Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,124
    edited August 3
    Taoz said:
    kyoto kid said:

    ..I've been on Chrome for a while and it always worked when i simply pasted the link to the video into the body of the post.  Now all of a sudden it doesn't.

    If the link shows as a normal link (underlined, blue), try right clicking on it and select "Unlink". Then it should work.

     

    ...test:

     

    Ah, it works.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 9,193
    kyoto kid said:

    ...I think it's just sloppy code. I have the Magento programming book and it is, well, ugh.

    Just to clarify, the forums dont run on Magento.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,124

    ...though I get a Magento icon on the tab of attached images that I open. 

  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 9,193
    kyoto kid said:

    ...though I get a Magento icon on the tab of attached images that I open. 

    Yea, I assume (as I'm not 100%) it's because thats the same web host it's being served from.  But still, the forums aren't built on Magento.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,789

    Yes,  because the galleries are on the magento side all images are stored there.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,279

    I hate to say this but that's just a convoluted mess.  You have Cloudfare (which is always lagging), you have Magneto and you have what ever the store is built on and then what the forums are built on and then the Help pages, whatever those are built on .  What a frigging mess.  Can't DAZ find one package that covers all the areas? 

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,279

    No wonder there are so many complaining about spurious log out issues (including me) 

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,789
    edited August 7
    RAMWolff said:

    I hate to say this but that's just a convoluted mess.  You have Cloudfare (which is always lagging), you have Magneto and you have what ever the store is built on and then what the forums are built on and then the Help pages, whatever those are built on .  What a frigging mess.  Can't DAZ find one package that covers all the areas? 

    Only the forums are non Magento.  If you remember when we first changed form the old old forum and store,  the one stuck together with duct tape, chewing gum and string, we had a magento style forum and no one had a good word to say about it.  So a search was made,  a different store software was found  and the change was made with no loss of posts, or post counts. All you lost was little green boxes.

    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Jack TomalinJack Tomalin Posts: 9,193
    RAMWolff said:

    Can't DAZ find one package that covers all the areas? 

    I'd be willing to bet my mortgage there isn't just one solution that would meet all of those very specific needs. 

Sign In or Register to comment.