Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

168101112

Comments

  • SadisticLiquidSadisticLiquid Posts: 1
    edited October 2018

    skinbuilder stops responding when i start skin building. Tested multible times and leaving it building for hours

    it just keeps saying skinbuilder is busy with task

    using Daz version: 4.10.0.123 Pro Edition (64-bit)

    here's my log file:

    seems it was permission issue

    it's working now

    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    7K
    Post edited by SadisticLiquid on
  • OK, for starters, awsome product, Zevo!

    I was curious about something, tho: Is there (or is there being contemplated) a method of customizing or adding additional maps to the script? For instance, if I created a custom 'Freckles' map, is there a method of adding that map as an overlay option in the Freckles Tab? Obviously, this could be done other ways, but I was thinking that it would be useful to just drop it into a script I'm already using.

    Thanks again for all the hard work!

  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 5,590
    It's explained in the tutorial how to add options to the scripts.
  • Zev0 said:
    It's explained in the tutorial how to add options to the scripts.

    Oops! Thanks! (I really need to start paying more attention to those minor details, like the instructions!)laugh

  • Everything seems to be working fine thus far with one exception. Unless I'm missing something(which is a very good possibility), every time I try to apply hair, it only applies it to the base model. In other words, if I do not add the G8F genitalia, it will show as it should. However, if I add the genitalia, it appears as if the hair is being applied beneath it since I can see a small amount of it around the specified area when trying to use certain gen hair styles that cover a larger area. Skin Builder 8 doesn't appear to recognize the anatomical elements themselves and seems to only work on the base torso UV map.

    Bear with me, because I'm still learning how to use Daz Studio. It's funny how the smallest details can be a pain in the butt to figure out sometimes, lol.

    So I tried the following in Skin Builder 8:

    1. In Gens tab, under "Select UV Mapping To Use For Anatomy", select "x Use Torso Map UV".

    2. Select Gen Hair Style, Color, Visibility Strength, and select "x Multiplicative Blend".

    3. Click on "Apply Selected UV and Apply Mats".

    4. Click on "Apply Gen Hair" on the bottom right of Skin Builder 8 window.

    5. Finally, click on "Apply Selected UV and Apply Mats" again.

    I'm sure I've messed up the proper steps or took the "long scenic route", but the above steps seem to correctly apply the hair to the genitalia region when the G8F anatomical elements have been added beforehand.

    PS: This is a very helpful product and well worth the money! Now I just have to figure out how to adjust the skin! I've been playing around with it, but haven't had much success beyond turning the skin putty gray or brown. laugh

  • davesodaveso Posts: 2,393

    just to clarify..the textures, brows, colos,etc etc are the same in SB3 and SB8? 
    What are the difference in two packages, other than merchant resource license specific to each G3 or 8?

  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 5,590
    edited October 2018

    The base skins have been reworked (eg more even toned) and the skin shader was updated to utilize Duel Lobe specular weights and ofcourse the licence specification. The G8 version also has a copy torso detail to the anatomy feature for skins that do not contain any. Some overlay details were also refined.

    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 2,393
    Zev0 said:

    The base skins have been reworked (eg more even toned) and the skin shader was updated to utilize Duel Lobe specular weights and ofcourse the licence specification. The G8 version also has a copy torso detail to the anatomy feature for skins that do not contain any.

    thanks .. its been in my wishlist and is now on sale..probably not much more time. SB3 I like a lot  alot. 

  • Zev0 said:

    Place holder thread. Nothing to see here yet.cheeky All I can say is those who own Skin Builder 3 will get a huge discount as this is essentially an upgrade for official Genesis 8 support and is also standalone without owning the Genesis 3 version as all files had to be natively included for this version. In otherwords, textures are all in its own genesis 8 folder and shares nothing with Genesis 3 version.

    I bought both and I didn't get a discount on the G8 version. Guess I missed something...

  • Zev0 said:

    Place holder thread. Nothing to see here yet.cheeky All I can say is those who own Skin Builder 3 will get a huge discount as this is essentially an upgrade for official Genesis 8 support and is also standalone without owning the Genesis 3 version as all files had to be natively included for this version. In otherwords, textures are all in its own genesis 8 folder and shares nothing with Genesis 3 version.

    I bought both and I didn't get a discount on the G8 version. Guess I missed something...

    I believe the G8 version was only discounted during the launch weekend.

  • Lashes arent loading for me, anybody have a solution?

  • I bought both and I didn't get a discount on the G8 version. Guess I missed something...

    I believe the G8 version was only discounted during the launch weekend.

    The discount was only for people who previously purchased the Genesis 3 version.  Buying both at the same time wouldn't have triggered the discount.

  • Hi folks,

    I have created a new Genesis 8 character with new face from FaceGen Artist. When I apply the skin color in Skin buider 8, it will revert the face UV map  back to genesis base face UV. Is there a way to keep the face UV map when doing the skin color change in Skin builder?

    Sid

     

  • edited November 2018
    kingxzel said:

    Lashes arent loading for me, anybody have a solution?

    It's happened also to me first time i tried to "play" with Skin Builder 8 after bought it few days ago...the figure you load before start work on SB8 had lashes loaded?

    Post edited by marco_pasqualini_foto on
  • ExFidoExFido Posts: 15

    Hey, I'm fairly new to all this, so pardon any overt ignorance on my part. I picked up Skin Builder 8, but I can't seem to create brown eyes. Blue, green, even red or pink are okay, but any time I set the iris color to a medium or dark brown, all I get is a slightly different gray, maybe with a very slight brownish tint. 

    Am I missing something, or is this a software shortcoming? Any way to get nice, brown eyes? Thanks.

  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 425

    Is there a G8M in the works? 

  • FinlaenaFinlaena Posts: 541
    gitika1 said:

    Is there a G8M in the works? 

    I think world peace will happen before we ever get a G8M version. :/

  • I am waiting for male version too

  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 8,341

    I am waiting for male version too

    Doubt it will happen.

  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

    I'd just like wrinkles for the ladies. Are you any further along with those, Zev0?

  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 5,590
    edited November 2018

    Hi, yes I am, but it is on hold until this gets released. - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/188186/morph-rigger-plus-commercial/p1

    It is way behind schedule.

    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 5,590
    edited November 2018
    ExFido said:

    Hey, I'm fairly new to all this, so pardon any overt ignorance on my part. I picked up Skin Builder 8, but I can't seem to create brown eyes. Blue, green, even red or pink are okay, but any time I set the iris color to a medium or dark brown, all I get is a slightly different gray, maybe with a very slight brownish tint. 

    Am I missing something, or is this a software shortcoming? Any way to get nice, brown eyes? Thanks.

    I can get brown eyes. All depends on what lighting you have in scene. Have a pic example?

    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    Zev0 said:

    Hi, yes I am, but it is on hold until this gets released. - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/188186/morph-rigger-plus-commercial/p1

    It is way behind schedule.

    Thanks for trying to keep us in the loop. I know you must be busy.

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 2,585

    I am waiting for male version too

     Have you looked at this?  https://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-skin-for-genesis-3-male-s-adult-add-on

     

  • I dont know if Im just not getting it but I've installed and downloaded the skin builder but I cant find how to work with it theres no tabs or anything in my workspace

  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 4,275

    Lovin' it :)

    Custom Alexandra 8 skin on the Grandmother figure (G8F)

    Laurie

    Alex8CustomSkin.jpg
    1279 x 1279 - 240K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 7,701

    I dont know if Im just not getting it but I've installed and downloaded the skin builder but I cant find how to work with it theres no tabs or anything in my workspace

    it's under genesis 8 female - materials when using the content library

  • I dont know if Im just not getting it but I've installed and downloaded the skin builder but I cant find how to work with it theres no tabs or anything in my workspace

    it's under genesis 8 female - materials when using the content library

    If your figure's selected, you can open it in the "Utilities" section in the "Smart Content" tab....

  • pete_46df1ca3pete_46df1ca3 Posts: 9
    edited January 8

    Is there any way that I can recover the skin settings out of the .duf file(s) for a previous save?

    When I open the Skin Builder it always goes to the default values regardless of whether I do a skin build.

    (Windows 10 pro with Daz 4.10.0.123)

    Post edited by pete_46df1ca3 on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 539

    Is there a way I can load a previous skin I created using this to just tweak a couple of details instead of recreating it from scratch?

    Thank you.

Sign In or Register to comment.