Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• Novica Finnigan got his first suscriber! Can't wait for more videos!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@xmasrose    :)   Thanks, the rest will have more photos and less chat. I'll be doing a "Journal" entry at the beginning to summarize the day, then the rest will be images. Hopefully, it will let other bird owners know what phrases are the easiest to pick up by their FIDS. THEN comes the songs. I don't want him to whistle them, we're going for singing them. If you teach a bird to whistle, they prefer it over talking. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,153

I saw that shape in the window reflection, but I didn't think of it being a ghost. Good  observation!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I really like the police bundle. I should point out the truck looks good as a regular vehicle with car shaders and if you remove the lights.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Novica said:

@barbult   That car and workshop are very nice!  Thanks for showing the different textures, the bump does seem very pronounced when the camera is closer. DId you notice when you had the Thin Clear glass applied, it looks like there is someone's ghost with arm stretched across the back of the seat in the truck?  (inkblot test LOL) 

@ladair   Love the statue! Your changes to G8F are excellent, a lot of character.

Okay, decided since Finnigan is such a good talker, to give him his own YouTube channel. I haven't used Camtasia in about five years (or longer) so it took awhile to figure out, and this still could use tweaking but at some point I have to say good enough or I won't get the next videos done.  Here's Tiel Time With Finnigan     BTW, tonight he said Step Up when I put him in his cage, and when I bobbed my head, he said "Boogie!" So yes, they do associate words and actions. My husband had asked that less than half an hour before Finn showed him two actions/associated words! 

Wow, nice play area! My tiel's play area looks like it was made from old refrigerator parts laugh, he loves to climb up and down it though and loves to climb around on the outside of a little empty transport cage I bought (the home cage I was given is much too large)! And he loves playing with bells.

• LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 401

Is anyone else unable to see the "Special for the Day?"

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    Novica said:

Okay, decided since Finnigan is such a good talker, to give him his own YouTube channel.  Here's Tiel Time With Finnigan     

Cool video. Very professional. Now to hear him talk.

edited October 2018

I'm getting there :) 

Hit a snag, the images are AWFUL going from the iphone to the PC. And they don't support/offer InstaPic anymore. So had to do an hour of research, and hit the jackpot. If you want a SUPER good phone to computer app, Simple Transfer Pro is fantastic. SO fast, easy, and NO COMPRESSION. You literally open it on your phone, type in the URL given, and within a short period of time (mine was lickety split due to the Titan, like a minute for 13,000 photos on my phone)  your images appear. You select the ones you want (or all) and it was blazing fast in transfer. 

I would get the Pro version so you have unlimited transfers. I can't remember if it was 3.99 or 4.99 but dirt cheap IMO. Hope this helps. More Finnigan videos on the way. The second one was done this morning (with a bit grainy video in it, before I found the SImple Transfer Pro. It's good enough, I'm not re-doing it.) 

@rgcincy   Thanks, it's Camtasia. Had about 14 tracks going to get all the transitions. Haven't used it in 6 years so am a bit rusty.  Here's the second Finn video, where he arrives home. 

Post edited by Novica on

Don't miss the flash sale going on right now, FW and FWSA gals and guys- some are 87% - 88% off with qualifying product in the cart. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Very cute vid and bird.  Her really did hit the jackpot :)

BTW, for those interested in Camtasia. It took me a couple hours to test and figure out how to reduce the borders. Although uploading a 1280 x 720px finished video, it still had a massive border. So the instructions say to be sure your project size, edit size, etc are the same. Mine were. Went through every checklist (very frustrating) on ten different websites- so let me spare you the time. Put your canvas (aka viewport) at SIXTY PERCENT. NOT ONE HUNDRED, LIKE ALL THE SITES SAID.

I took a gamble and solved the puzzle by thinking, "What would I have to scroll down to in the canvas to get those borders?"  It was 60%. So then I FILLED the 60% view, uploaded it and voila! It filled the screen and left the borders I wanted. I'm not going to say "Hope this helps," because if you use Camtasia, I KNOW it will!  laugh

edited October 2018

BTW,  I did get the xrays back and my fourth toe is fractured in three places- and the backside (aka the ball of my foot) by the third toe is also fractured.  Fun. Just babying it, as it's been a month and my research says 4-6 weeks on average to heal at a minimum. When we went to see Stetson the day of Hurricane Michael, my hubby was good enough to walk him around and stand there letting him eat grass. I was busy cleaning his stall but that didn't involve walking. On second thought, who got the better deal, standing with a horse and letting him eat, or shoveling poo-poo? Hmmmm. Smart man. "Here, let me walk him for you." 

Post edited by Novica on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    Novica said:

Don't miss the flash sale going on right now, FW and FWSA gals and guys- some are 87% - 88% off with qualifying product in the cart. 

Thanks for mentioning this. I've been eyeing the Livin' The Dream bundle for a while, and spotted it in the flash sale for $13.91. This was a bargain in itself, but after adding Innocent Hair as qualifying product the entire order dropped to $8.30. Wow. I doubt I'd have noticed the flash sale at this time of night (4.30am UK time!) if you hadn't drawn my attention to it, so thanks again.

@astracadia    4:30am sounds like my mornings lately. Are you just getting up or headed to bed?  Anyway, you're welcome :)   I almost missed it too. 

edited October 2018

Here is an interesting find related to animals. I was mowing today and come across the tiny frog so luckily so I could move it. It is warmer and wetter than usual and underneath the grass is a very thick layer of very soft green moss. I will be sad when that house is sold, it used to be my mom's, but somebody should enjoy it as it is 18 acres of a wild herbalist dream yard.

I'm not sure what kind it is but I think it's a Eastern Narrow Mouth Frog. It was hanging out where there is a dry spring down aways from the cave. The spring still has water but you have to look into one of the narrow cave entrances to see it running. Maybe if it keeps raining the spring will rise about ground level again.

https://fw.ky.gov/Wildlife/Pages/Eastern-Narrow-mouthed-Frog.aspx

IMG_9184.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited October 2018
    Novica said:

I'm getting there :) 

Hit a snag, the images are AWFUL going from the iphone to the PC. And they don't support/offer InstaPic anymore. So had to do an hour of research, and hit the jackpot. If you want a SUPER good phone to computer app, Simple Transfer Pro is fantastic. SO fast, easy, and NO COMPRESSION. You literally open it on your phone, type in the URL given, and within a short period of time (mine was lickety split due to the Titan, like a minute for 13,000 photos on my phone)  your images appear. You select the ones you want (or all) and it was blazing fast in transfer. 

I would get the Pro version so you have unlimited transfers. I can't remember if it was 3.99 or 4.99 but dirt cheap IMO. Hope this helps. More Finnigan videos on the way. The second one was done this morning (with a bit grainy video in it, before I found the SImple Transfer Pro. It's good enough, I'm not re-doing it.) 

@rgcincy   Thanks, it's Camtasia. Had about 14 tracks going to get all the transitions. Haven't used it in 6 years so am a bit rusty.  Here's the second Finn video, where he arrives home. 

I just connect my iPhone to my USB port on my laptop & then copy/paste my entire iPhone photo directory to my laptop; then I delete the pictures from my iPhone. 

Sorry to hear about your toe & foot. I broke one of my my collar bones once wrestling in high school and I had to where a harness for six weeks. Oddly it didn't hurt and I only knew it was broken when I had no control of my right arm. Dummy that I was I still tried to keep wrestling with my left arm. laugh

And of course, there's Einstein. Who is a GIRL. 

edited October 2018

I just connect my iPhone to my USB port on my laptop & then copy/paste my entire iPhone photo directory to my laptop; then I delete the pictures from my iPhone. 

The problem with that was I have so many photos, it just sat there spinning and spinning. After ten minutes, still hadn't started loading. With the Simple Transfer, it was blindingly fast. :)  So yep, I did try that USB route first.  

ADORABLE frog!!!!

Post edited by Novica on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

Jiwoo Azrael (and the Easy light and render spectrum studio)

I love the look of the Azrael outfit. However, it comes as an all in one suit (including the shoes!). To be fair, it says so in the description. However, this means it isn't very flexible, and has just three material zones (trousers, top, the rest), so it will need quite  a bit of work to create new zones. Still, a nice set.

The light set, I just plain love. It's quick to set up, customisable and has a bunch of 'extras' in the ready to render scenes. Definitely one on the 'must have' tools list.

azrael.png
    1000 x 1300 - 802K
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

I'm not sure what kind it is but I think it's a Eastern Narrow Mouth Frog. It was hanging out where there is a dry spring down aways from the cave. The spring still has water but you have to look into one of the narrow cave entrances to see it running. Maybe if it keeps raining the spring will rise about ground level again.

That's quite a small frog. And you mentioned a cave, was that on your mom's property?

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

BTW,  I did get the xrays back and my fourth toe is fractured in three places- and the backside (aka the ball of my foot) by the third toe is also fractured.  Fun. Just babying it, as it's been a month and my research says 4-6 weeks on average to heal at a minimum. When we went to see Stetson the day of Hurricane Michael, my hubby was good enough to walk him around and stand there letting him eat grass. I was busy cleaning his stall but that didn't involve walking. On second thought, who got the better deal, standing with a horse and letting him eat, or shoveling poo-poo? Hmmmm. Smart man. "Here, let me walk him for you." 

Is it sad that while I'm feeling bad about your foot, your analysis of the situation made me laugh. Yeah, I've shoveled way to much manure, so pretty sure which one I would have chosen. ;)

Nath said:

Jiwoo Azrael (and the Easy light and render spectrum studio)

I love the look of the Azrael outfit. However, it comes as an all in one suit (including the shoes!). To be fair, it says so in the description. However, this means it isn't very flexible, and has just three material zones (trousers, top, the rest), so it will need quite  a bit of work to create new zones. Still, a nice set.

The light set, I just plain love. It's quick to set up, customisable and has a bunch of 'extras' in the ready to render scenes. Definitely one on the 'must have' tools list.

The render looks really nice, really sets a mood- and congrats to @divamakeup on the product. And I noticed @llynara did some of the promos. Very nice, gal!  

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

P

Novica said:

The problem with that was I have so many photos, it just sat there spinning and spinning. After ten minutes, still hadn't started loading. With the Simple Transfer, it was blindingly fast. :)  So yep, I did try that USB route first.  

ADORABLE frog!!!!

If you get Dropbox or iCloud you can automate the whole thing over WIFI...

What happened to your foot to break it? I missed the story.
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited October 2018

The PBR Guide: A Handbook for Physically Based Rendering

This is at Amazon for anyone interested or that uses Substance Painter or Substance Designer from allegorithmic and could use some help and reference material

Post edited by Robert Freise on
    edited October 2018
    RGcincy said:

That's quite a small frog. And you mentioned a cave, was that on your mom's property?

Yes, it sort of scares me that cave. I've looked into the holes and it's clean water rushing through it but call me silly, I have anxiety about sinkholes. One of the holes, near where all the waterflags grow, has grown from not being there at all to a gap in the top of the ground of about a foot in diameter. The actual floor is much deeper and you can see a hollow stream of clean water running though it. The Corvette Museum about 100 miles west of here had a few Corvettes swallowed by a sink hole but luckily it was closed! And I used to live in Florida and it is covered in sinkholes!

However if you are interested in caves the Pennyroyal region of Kentucky is covered in them. They have lots here in Somerset, Kentucky and vicinity but I refuse to check them out although they are popular with spelunker folk. I personally would only go on guided "kiddy" tours of Mammoth Cave, Wyandotte Cave (near Corydon, Indiana), and similar places. .

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 126
    edited October 2018

The current Blink sale https://www.daz3d.com/pa-select-30-tthsa has a lot of Gen 8 clothing and textures at 75% off, which go to 82% off with 'any new release'

Post edited by Etamin on

If you get Dropbox or iCloud you can automate the whole thing over WIFI...

Waaaay exceeds the storage limits. I don't put anything in the cloud, everything is getting hacked. If the internet infrastructure goes down, you're screwed. 
    @barbult   I had been lifting weights and sat them down on the floor. My son let the dogs out, it was dusk and there had been two adorable baby bunnies in the back yard, appearing at....yep, dusk. So I yelled, "No! Get the dogs!" and started running to the back door. I hit a 10lb barbell, full force, running as hard as I could (which is hard!) and the last three toes hit that end of the barbell (the rounded end, not the middle bar of it that you grasp) and it literally bent my last three toes backward and shattered the fourth toe in three places. The third toe is broken, and the metatarsul down by the ball of the foot is starting to separate. Found out today I have to go get a cast or a rigid shoe. 

Oh no! That sounds painful!

In Fast Grab, there's a cute drone for $5.99

In the Blink Sale, Modern Washroom would make a good room with a view (it has an empty room preset.)  LOVE that large window.

This discussion has been closed.