Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Did you get the dogs?

My son ran for the tub when he was about 2 as it was filling up, didn't have enough water in it yet, he tipped in head first, I leaped across the bathroom and snagged him but caught my little toe on the corner of the cabinet.  Bent it to a ninety degree angle sideways.  Didn't even feel it til the andrenilne wore off.  I hope it heals quickly and well!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121
    Novica said:

In Fast Grab, there's a cute drone for $5.99

In the Blink Sale, Modern Washroom would make a good room with a view (it has an empty room preset.)  LOVE that large window.

Isn't that the bathroom that Serene Night said was way off in scale compared to Daz characters? I think she said the toilet was gigantic. Maybe it is OK as an empty room, as you suggest.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Now that you mention it, that rings a bell. But it only takes literally a second to scale down or up a character (not the room.)  I want it for an empty room and will see about the props when I get time. I have to laugh at the thought of someone falling into a massive toilet!

Yes, bunnies are fine, my son was directed (through my cussing in pain) to GET THOSE DOGS!!!!

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    Novica said:

If you get Dropbox or iCloud you can automate the whole thing over WIFI...

Waaaay exceeds the storage limits. I don't put anything in the cloud, everything is getting hacked. If the internet infrastructure goes down, you're screwed. 
    @barbult   I had been lifting weights and sat them down on the floor. My son let the dogs out, it was dusk and there had been two adorable baby bunnies in the back yard, appearing at....yep, dusk. So I yelled, "No! Get the dogs!" and started running to the back door. I hit a 10lb barbell, full force, running as hard as I could (which is hard!) and the last three toes hit that end of the barbell (the rounded end, not the middle bar of it that you grasp) and it literally bent my last three toes backward and shattered the fourth toe in three places. The third toe is broken, and the metatarsul down by the ball of the foot is starting to separate. Found out today I have to go get a cast or a rigid shoe. 

If your router has the ability to have an external HD attached you can use that for pictures and sharing between devices. And, that's your private personal cloud. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121
    Novica said:

Now that you mention it, that rings a bell. But it only takes literally a second to scale down or up a character (not the room.)  I want it for an empty room and will see about the props when I get time. I have to laugh at the thought of someone falling into a massive toilet!

Yes, bunnies are fine, my son was directed (through my cussing in pain) to GET THOSE DOGS!!!!

That scaling is only feasible if the items are at least proportionally scaled to start with. I think Serene Night wasn't able to get things to look right. I don't think I own anything from that vendor.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

No a nice injury. I will have to be mindful to keep my weights in my weightroom only. I have only dumb bells. I remember once see some rabbits outside the window watching TV but they didn't seem to mind the voice but as soon as I spoke in my voice they scattered like they were shot out of a cannon so I guess that TV wasn't a convincing voice but mine was somehow. Maybe the TV sounded too tinny, they do have those tall TV antenna ears meant to hear in finely detailed stereo.

• Serenenight's comments on the Modern Washroom are here.

I'm not sure what would bother me more, perching on the edge of that cavernous toilet to do my business, or doing so in front of a huge plate glass window so everyone in town can see me doing it. I'm just glad my own washroom is less "modern".

However, the toilet bowl is a separate prop to the rest of the room, so it seems to me you should be able to rescale it without affecting anything else. Probably need to adjust x and z scales more than y to reduce the diameter but leave the height alone.

@chris2599934    Thanks for finding it. Wow, that's one huge "throne!" 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Serenenight's comments on the Modern Washroom are here.

I'm not sure what would bother me more, perching on the edge of that cavernous toilet to do my business, or doing so in front of a huge plate glass window so everyone in town can see me doing it. I'm just glad my own washroom is less "modern".

However, the toilet bowl is a separate prop to the rest of the room, so it seems to me you should be able to rescale it without affecting anything else. Probably need to adjust x and z scales more than y to reduce the diameter but leave the height alone.

The problem with some of the sets is that you can't actually rescale things due to how they're set up. I know I don't buy any Tesla3DCorp, having had an experience with their lecture halls where the desks did not fit and could not be scaled to fit a Daz figure. If I think things are out of proportion, I won't buy a set anymore. It's bad enough having to scale things constantly, but trying to correct things that have to be custom adjusted on each axis and then hope that the model is not locked... not worth the trouble.

All problems would be avoidable if these artists would put a model in there set while they are creating it or after they're done. I never trust as set that doesn't show "people" using it.

• Serenenight's comments on the Modern Washroom are here.

The problem with some of the sets is that you can't actually rescale things due to how they're set up. I know I don't buy any Tesla3DCorp, having had an experience with their lecture halls where the desks did not fit and could not be scaled to fit a Daz figure. If I think things are out of proportion, I won't buy a set anymore. It's bad enough having to scale things constantly, but trying to correct things that have to be custom adjusted on each axis and then hope that the model is not locked... not worth the trouble.

All problems would be avoidable if these artists would put a model in there set while they are creating it or after they're done. I never trust as set that doesn't show "people" using it.

This problem occurs outside of Tesla3D pieces. Sometimes you have to measure and scale the three dimentions separately..  When large numbers of proprs are invovled it's a mess.  I wish the artists who get it right would put a "true to scale" comment in their descriptions.  It'd make purchasing easier and maybe spur the others into being more careful.  

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Serenenight's comments on the Modern Washroom are here.

This problem occurs outside of Tesla3D pieces. Sometimes you have to measure and scale the three dimentions separately..  When large numbers of proprs are invovled it's a mess.  I wish the artists who get it right would put a "true to scale" comment in their descriptions.  It'd make purchasing easier and maybe spur the others into being more careful.  

The desks could not be scaled, etc., due to separate components of each piece being out of proportion a different amount, as I recall. It was such a mess that I returned it, despite buying it with high hopes.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Even if you can scale the toilet which would be really uncomfortable without a seat, you still have the sink whose faucet is about at Boyd’s shoulder height which is very tall indeed.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,642
    edited October 2018
    barbult said:

@zombietaggerung the windows don't roll down. The hood and trunk don't open, either. The pickup tailgate doesn't go down.

Edit: I just noticed that the windshield glass of the pickup (haven't checked the others) has too much distortion. Look at the way the seats and truck bed look through the windshield. Changing the glass shader from solid to thin might help.

Edit, OK, here it is with the Glass- Thin Clear shader applied. I imagine it would look better with an outdoor HDRI to reflect.

Edit: OK one last image. This is the truck with thin glass windows in the Mud Road HDRI from HDRI Haven. It looks pretty good to me. The lights might need some tweaking . They look kind of fake to me.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. And sorry for the lateness of my reply, I was moving house. and just got settled in my new State in a hotel till I find permanent residence.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

Breaking news- Capitol Building is being evacuated due to an "audible alarm." 

edited October 2018

The Count HD (Gen8M)    Death Shadow Outfit (Gen8M)       The Dweller (Gen8M)    Space Explorer Uniform (Gen8M)           Collective3d Movie Sets Starship Lounge

I didn't use depth of field for the Starship Lounge so you could see the details They're very nice. If you have a slow computer, be sure and remove the parts of the set which you're not using, as with my computer this entire set took about two hours (on excellent quality, Mitchell filter, fairly large render.) The portraits alone took about 30 minutes. (No clothes, no set.) 

Happy Halloween in advance :) 
    Click to enlarge on these.

The Count The Dweller Starship Lounge.png
    1231 x 1000 - 3M
    The Count The Dweller Starship Lounge5.png
    1230 x 838 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Cool all they need are drinks ,poker chips, and a deck of cards

edited October 2018
    Novica said:

Are you sure? My brother & one of his daughters post a picture just a while ago in front of the Capitol building and it looked some as always. (it was just a defective electical panel and an auxilary building near the Capitol Building for the curious from what I understood)

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Novica said:

Are you sure? My brother & one of his daughters post a picture just a while ago in front of the Capitol building and it looked some as always. (it was just a defective electical panel and an auxilary building near the Capitol Building for the curious from what I understood)

That was on the CBS news. It was to be cautious due to the packages delivered in the past couple of days.I haven't seen the tv since then so don't know any more about it. 

Here's an article about it. 

Novica said:

Here's an article about it. 

OK, that article was different than the prior one that mentioned an electrical circuit panel. I think they are guessing.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    Novica said:

If you get Dropbox or iCloud you can automate the whole thing over WIFI...

Waaaay exceeds the storage limits. I don't put anything in the cloud, everything is getting hacked. If the internet infrastructure goes down, you're screwed. 
    @barbult   I had been lifting weights and sat them down on the floor. My son let the dogs out, it was dusk and there had been two adorable baby bunnies in the back yard, appearing at....yep, dusk. So I yelled, "No! Get the dogs!" and started running to the back door. I hit a 10lb barbell, full force, running as hard as I could (which is hard!) and the last three toes hit that end of the barbell (the rounded end, not the middle bar of it that you grasp) and it literally bent my last three toes backward and shattered the fourth toe in three places. The third toe is broken, and the metatarsul down by the ball of the foot is starting to separate. Found out today I have to go get a cast or a rigid shoe. 

Ugh, I could feel your pain as I was reading that. I’ve had several similar accidents in the last four years including having my foot that was in sandals run over by a morbidly obese woman on a 250 lbs motorized wheelchair at Comic-Con. She claims she yelled “Wheelchair coming!” but I didn’t hear her so she just purposely ran me over. My foot was out of commission for almost a year and I had to go to physical therapy to be able to walk normally after that so I feel your pain! My friends almost laugh now because I go out anyway and first I’m on crutches, then my arm is in a sling, then a new boot or knee stabilizer... And two weeks ago I tripped on a gap in the sidewalk and reinjured my knee, getting an MRI Saturday, so I’m there with you!

Dropbox and iCloud are being hacked? I didn’t know that. I save all my Daz scenes and renders there so I can access them from other computers and devices. I also use it as a backup for my art because I trust it more than my computers and external hard drives that end up failing at some point. Who is hacking regular people and why? I doubt they’d be interested in Daz stuff anyway, probably looking for bank info...

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 126

@Novica Do you know if it is possible to dial down the size of the hands for The Count HD (Gen8M) ?  Great image by the way, I didn't realise that he is a space vampire! 

@etamin   I'll check in a few minutes, just got back online and going to shop first  :)

LOL, I thought about the Star Wars Cantina scene with all the aliens and it just so happened I bought that set recently and was just going down the list of things to showcase. My thought was the empty lounge was a perfect place for conspirators to meet, say at 2am -3am in the morning. 

edited October 2018

So here's a thought- and I mentioned it on the Favorite Gallery Images thread here in Art Studio- (which, if you have new gallery images that you want some love, get on that thread!)  If you see on a product page that a product has very few gallery images, consider posting one. It's a great way to get your gallery noticed, and help the vendor. I know I look at gallery images on the product page.

I just put Fiona  in the gallery (only ONE gallery image?) that I did a few weeks ago. So I'm going to surf and give a list of who could use some love in renders due to only a few in the galleries- and if you spot any, post them here. Folks can then consider them for their next fun batch of renders. I'm going through my Product Library and checking on a few. Will post in a separate post.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2019

So this will get you started. :) 
    Remember, if there are 9 or fewer gallery images, yours will be shown!  This is also some of what I bought recently, as I'm starting at the top of my library list.

Julienne  (3)     Done     Gallery image here.  (Same as Modern Washroom) 
    Mesmerizing Faces and Bodies (0) 
    MayWeather Outift (3)      Done
    Amazon Warrior Outfit (3) 
    FWSA Auriel  (3) 
    FW Armstrong (5) 
    Joliette Outfit (4) 

VYK Banshee  (2)   Wow. That's a surprise. She's awesome!    Done (Edit- strange, the next day, three showed up that WERE DONE BEFORE THIS DATE)
    Gallery Image Here (Same as Steampunk Time Machine) 

Olivia (1) 
    Furniture Set One (0)   A great set, look at the thumbnails! 
    dForce Vintage Style Flapper Dress (0)  Get it today for $1.99 
    Armory of Five Realms- High Elves (0) 
    Armory of Five Realms- The Kingdom (0) 
    Collective3d Movie Sets Modern Home Interior (0) 
    Steampunk Time Machine (1)    Done    Gallery Image Here
    Glass Fairy House (0) 
    Ynarah for Mika 7 (0)   COOL HORSE on forehead! 
    dForce Skort And Top Outfit (0) 
    Traditional Chinese Study Room (0)    PRODUCT HAS BEEN REMOVED
    Sci-fi Drone 02 (0) 
    Modern Washroom (0)     Done   Gallery image here.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited October 2018

I was honestly quite surprised to see that Ravi wasn't on many images in the gallery, atleast not in such a way it was possible to search for him by his name (not amongst the items used list etc) I did find a few ones, but not many at all. I take a look at the list you posted Novica, too see what I have of that to make a picture from :)

Edit - a fast check proved I don't have any of those you listed, but I will take a look in the items I have and see if I can come up with something for some item which is deserving of some more love :)

Post edited by Carola O on
  • Great portrait @Novica.

Good idea, will have to look for such products as I don't have the ones you mentioned.

@carola0  @xmasrose    If you find any, feel free to mention here, and if you do a render in the gallery, let us know and we'll go check it out :)  I'm going to do a few from that list (try to combine as many as possible, such as a character and outfit, possibly scene) 

Hey PAs, if there are any of your products which haven't gotten much love in the galleries because there's not many renders, let us know here and we'll see if we can do a few for you. (Any PA reading this, please help spread the word to PAs who don't surf the threads.) 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I did a few with Ravi, not sure if I should update my list in your other thread with them or not, I do like them and I plan to make a few more in that "serie" so we'll see :)

This discussion has been closed.