New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Here it is on a Genesis (customised V5 Supermodel shape) - i can't show from the front, the low scoop turned out to be a bit too low pass forum rules...

If you have the paid-for Dynamic Control plugin with the extra features, select the slippery cloth panels and turn their friction way up. I've found some clothes (not all old ones) have all their parts at a friction of 0.01 which is a bit like a silk scarf draped off-centre on a freshly waxed leg held at an angle. A value of 0.5 or 1.0 gives a bit better stickiness, and a more realistic (or at least less TOS-breaking) drape.
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    For those who want to know, to fit to Aiko3, I normally increase A3's scale up to 110% - 125% depending on the items and desired fit.

I'm having variable but mostly good (sometimes with a bit of fiddling) results as well with most Optitex dynamics on A3- and H3-based figures. I do it the other way round, though, I use the Dynamics tab's ShrinkX% and ShrinkY% settings to fit the clothes to smaller figures. I've even managed to get fits, eventually, with the catsuit and bodysuit, although the belly dancer outfit is still very, very difficult to use because its separate trousers, top, sleeves and veil parts are all built in one piece. This means it's a lot of fiddly work even getting a suitable starting fit on the t-pose that'll actually drape properly.
  • old-dogold-dog Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

No... just doing a standard static drape static fit as has always worked. Simplest of all.

The rig comes out spaghetti. Moreover, when altering it, the shoulder moves the hip and so forth. I suspect I should un-install completely and re-install. It may be finding some of the older files . That's my first choice at the moment.

Even when the figure is in the default position, is spaghetti. Also wondering if the added morph kit and morphs are giving it trouble.

Never tried it on an *unmodified* genesis V5

Working through the expressions issues on genesis, and THAT is a pain. I expect Genesis 2 and V6 are going to be "the" answer but damned if I can afford to change the kit I have already. V6, characters and morphs....

• DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem exactly.

edited December 1969

I'm having variable but mostly good (sometimes with a bit of fiddling) results as well with most Optitex dynamics on A3- and H3-based figures.

And here's the example scene I tried to work up last night, but I was having a brain hiccup with the lighting. All characters are using the A3-based Melody figure, and all the clothes are "for V4". The girl on the left is short, but can wear the Little (non) Black Dress at actual 100% size. The one on the right needs the Neoclassical Robe shrunk by 10% for a snug* fit. The girl in the middle is taller, but still needs the Dynamic Evening Gown shrunk by 10% with a 20% vertical shrink on the skirt so the hem clears her toes comfortably.

* but I think she'd better not sneeze...
    3Girls-01.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 347K
  • ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

:) That's the first time I've seen my dress on a cougar (literally).

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

I'm having variable but mostly good (sometimes with a bit of fiddling) results as well with most Optitex dynamics on A3- and H3-based figures. I do it the other way round, though, I use the Dynamics tab's ShrinkX% and ShrinkY% settings to fit the clothes to smaller figures. I've even managed to get fits, eventually, with the catsuit and bodysuit, although the belly dancer outfit is still very, very difficult to use because its separate trousers, top, sleeves and veil parts are all built in one piece. This means it's a lot of fiddly work even getting a suitable starting fit on the t-pose that'll actually drape properly.

I will have to try that and maybe mixed the two methods to see what I can get.

Thank you!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Has anyone heard from Martin? I hope he's OK. It's been a long time since I've seen him in here.

Dana

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Has anyone heard from Martin? I hope he's OK. It's been a long time since I've seen him in here.

Dana

Not sure. His last post over at the freebies forum he setup was back in March

edited December 1969

ThespiSis said:
    :) That's the first time I've seen my dress on a cougar (literally).

She's not bad, she's just rendered that way.

Actually, I was surprised how many of the dynamic goodies I have will fit well enough for an initial drape with a little bit (or sometimes a lot) of work. The only thing I can't do easily is fit to a bigger figure, since the shrink% causes the drape to crash if I try negative values. Shrinking the figure and freezing the drape is the only solution to that.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

He's on vacation. :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

It's a long vacation. It's been several months.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    It's a long vacation. It's been several months.

Dana

Oh, he's been working since he posted here last, but at the moment he's on vacation. I do envy him his time off, though. I only get two weeks!

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

I'm having a problem with the maid dress. If I only collide the dress with v4, it drapes well, both animated or static. But if I want the dress, specifically the apron, to collide with the ground plane, it drapes right through her and falls to the ground.

Ideas?

edited December 1969

I'm having a problem with the maid dress. If I only collide the dress with v4, it drapes well, both animated or static. But if I want the dress, specifically the apron, to collide with the ground plane, it drapes right through her and falls to the ground.

Ideas?

If you're using the ground that came with a set, it probably doesn't come with enough polys, and even subdividing it will probably not give it enough. You need to create a plane primitive with a lot of divisions to give it enough polys to interact with, place it flush with your ground plane, and make it invisible.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

ThespiSis said:

Ideas?

If you're using the ground that came with a set, it probably doesn't come with enough polys, and even subdividing it will probably not give it enough. You need to create a plane primitive with a lot of divisions to give it enough polys to interact with, place it flush with your ground plane, and make it invisible.

I did try adding a new plane with 100 divisions, but that didn't work. But how/why would it make the dress drape through v4?

edited December 1969

ThespiSis said:

Ideas?

I did try adding a new plane with 100 divisions, but that didn't work. But how/why would it make the dress drape through v4?

I misread the question. Can you post a screen shot of your collision settings?

edited December 1969

But if I want the dress, specifically the apron, to collide with the ground plane, it drapes right through her and falls to the ground.

Sounds like a collision glitch — the tickboxes in the "Collide With..." dialog are very, very fussy and it's much too easy to get it wrong and have to start over from the beginning. How exactly are you doing this? And I just spotted your sig, are you in D|S4.6 or D|S3?
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

anything on the Cardinal Cloak yet? I'm almost to the point of trying for a refund, here.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

ThespiSis said:

Ideas?

Too MANY divisions is just as bad sometimes as too few! i have found that a plane, 2 yards, 5 and 5, works fine for collision and dynamics.

• SilvheSilvhe Posts: 788
    edited December 1969

anything on the Cardinal Cloak yet? I'm almost to the point of trying for a refund, here.

Yes, anything new? I can't ask for a refund since I'm well beyond the 30 days...
    edited August 2013

I'm beyond the 30 days too, but that won't stop me if this isn't fixed. This is a $25.00 item that I ended up paying full price for, and if I can't use it, I want my money back.

Post edited by nightwolf1982 on
  • SilvheSilvhe Posts: 788
    edited December 1969

I'm beyond the 30 days too, but that won't stop me if this isn't fixed. This is a $25.00 item that I ended up paying full price for, and if I can't use it, I want my money back.

Good luck with that, my friend, but I think it won't happen. They will tell you the usual "yes you gave the money to us but we have nothing to do wit it", "it's up to the vendor", "submit a bug report" etc. but no money back :-/
    edited December 1969

We'll see.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Not exactly new, but it is Optitex DS dynamic dress for V4 on the Dawn figure - just do the usual drape animation and so far, so good...

Dynamic_Dawn.jpg
    1350 x 1080 - 698K
    edited December 1969

Too MANY divisions is just as bad sometimes as too few! i have found that a plane, 2 yards, 5 and 5, works fine for collision and dynamics.
    As a (very!) rough guideline, I've found the best mesh density for a ground plane like this to be no more than roughly the same as the mesh in the cloth. It's possible to go quite a bit lower (but not too low) and still have a successful drape, but going higher doesn't improve the drape — if you're still having problems, it's not with the ground plane mesh.
  • MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

The version of Dynamic Clothing Control I have says "Public Build" on it and won't install ... I think I'm missing something. Is the version of Dynamic Clothing Control for Mac 64-bit compatible with DAZ 4.6? Is it out of beta?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The version of Dynamic Clothing Control I have says "Public Build" on it and won't install ... I think I'm missing something. Is the version of Dynamic Clothing Control for Mac 64-bit compatible with DAZ 4.6? Is it out of beta?

The version labeled "Public Build" is for the beta -- I imagine they're testing for any glitches with the beta versions before releasing the DIM version for the general release.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Yay! I finally got Mucha Reverie to behave for me-set the gravity down to the 0.10/0.30 range and it came out beautifully.