CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

WOW!...super nice. I love the reflection. Is that shaders?

:-)

Thanks! Alas, not Studio shaders :-(

I have *got* to start getting my head around the Studio approach if I ever want to produce content for this site, but my poor brain can only handle one shading system at a time at the moment, even though the underlying theory is all the same.

I'm still hiking my way up the learning curve on the MODO shading tree, so that's where I tend to move my scenes for final texturing and lighting.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

dhtapp said:
    music2u4u said:

WOW!...super nice. I love the reflection. Is that shaders?

Thanks! Alas, not Studio shaders :-(

I have *got* to start getting my head around the Studio approach if I ever want to produce content for this site, but my poor brain can only handle one shading system at a time at the moment, even though the underlying theory is all the same.

I'm still hiking my way up the learning curve on the MODO shading tree, so that's where I tend to move my scenes for final texturing and lighting.

No problem...you did real good on it. Fine job for sure.

• Alfhak712Alfhak712 Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Hi guys!

I need some help to find a car for animation with wheel spin!
    I had this topic under another thread and someone told me to try to ask here!

I am planning a short animation of a car! The thing is that I am building a car of actually 5 cars! The reason for this is that I also want to control the body movement how it is affected by G-force! I hide some parts of the 5 cars and in the end they are all connected to a null-object so it looks like one car! I want to control the individual wheels by movement of up and down and also control steering! The problem I have with the car I have! A Panthera from 2 Create HB is that I can’t control the wheel spin individual!

In the tree for the car you should have another nod for a tire named “Spin RT wheels” as an example! Then under parameter you should have under “Rotation” wheel spin. Here you can set a value like 36000 for the wheel to spin under an animation! Then you will see the wheels spinning on the car! I searching a US muscle car like Dodge, Camaro, Mustang or similar!

I know one car you can do it but it is only for Poser and if I had Poser I could edit the car there and then export it to DAZ! This one does not work in DAZ!( mcr by blbarrett) Thats why I need another car to use

Hope you understand what I am asking for?

Alf

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited August 2013

alfhak712 said:
    Hi guys!

I am planning a short animation of a car! The thing is that I am building a car of actually 5 cars! The reason for this is that I also want to control the body movement how it is affected by G-force! I hide some parts of the 5 cars and in the end they are all connected to a null-object so it looks like one car! I want to control the individual wheels by movement of up and down and also control steering! The problem I have with the car I have! A Panthera from 2 Create HB is that I can’t control the wheel spin individual!

In the tree for the car you should have another nod for a tire named “Spin RT wheels” as an example! Then under parameter you should have under “Rotation” wheel spin. Here you can set a value like 36000 for the wheel to spin under an animation! Then you will see the wheels spinning on the car! I searching a US muscle car like Dodge, Camaro, Mustang or similar!

I know one car you can do it but it is only for Poser and if I had Poser I could edit the car there and then export it to DAZ! This one does not work in DAZ!( mcr by blbarrett) Thats why I need another car to use

Alf

If it works in poser it should work in DS too, though i don't have the car to try it out... There's always my car here in the store otherwise :D It is very detailed though, so dunno if it is suited for animation on regular computers

Post edited by Elele on
  • EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited August 2013

Blurp

Post edited by Elele on
  • Alfhak712Alfhak712 Posts: 94
    edited August 2013

Thanks!

Here is my car render in DAZ Studio and
    postworks in Photoshop!

V8 Panther from 2 Create HB
    and scenery The Ministry from
    Stonemason!

Hope you like it!

Alf

FinalPanthera!.png
    1000 x 562 - 511K
    Post edited by Alfhak712 on
  • GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

How about a little bit of Mo-Par!

chrysler.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 527K
    chrysler_3.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 487K
    chrysler_2.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 604K
    chrysler_1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 517K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

Very nice. From an era when a "woody" really had wood, not plastic.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    betsy662 said:

Dana

Its a very nice model of a very nice car, I've seen the real thing, of course I could never afford the real thing, but those old woodies are real beauties.

edited December 1969

alfhak712 said:
    Thanks!

postworks in Photoshop!

Stonemason!

Hope you like it!

Alf

Sweet and blue! Yup...I like it. Thanks for the share.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    DanaTA said:
    betsy662 said:

Dana

Its a very nice model of a very nice car, I've seen the real thing, of course I could never afford the real thing, but those old woodies are real beauties.

One of Nationale's? All his cars are nice..well almost all...lol.

edited August 2013

alfhak712 said:
    Hi guys!

Alf

Hmmmm...no Poser huh? If you did have Poser, you can set the point of origin on each tire to the center and use the rotation dials to spin it and turn it left to right. Many cars already have the origin in the center, but you have to have each tire as a seperate .obj in order to select it and spin it. I rig all the cars I get to do this, also doors open and hood and trunk open. If you get the free ZModeler2, you can import GTA cars and export the tires seperate as .obj files. GTA cars have some of the best meshes of any I've seen. (GTA is Grand Theft Auto) Only the San Andreas series will work in ZModeler though. They are the best though. Tons of them out there for free.

Here is an example...a 1956 Pontiac Safari Nomad...super nice!

56PontiacNomadDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 219K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:
    DanaTA said:
    betsy662 said:

Dana

One of Nationale's? All his cars are nice..well almost all...lol.

Yep, and his cars are on sale this week!

edited August 2013

Sorry I have not been up in here for a few days. I am hosting a very special tribute freebie challenge this month for our friend BWSman who passed away suddenly last month. Come by and see us if you like.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26505/

edited August 2013

Just checking in again. Will be more available after the first of next month. Gonna try to do some nice car renders, more scenic.

Thirteen more pages and wer hit another 100 pages. That will start the Mark III series of the thread. So many cars and getting better as they come. Such nice renders of some real nice cars and bikes. Keep um' comin'!

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Anyone see this... Midget Racer and trailer

edited December 1969

Cool...thanks for the link.

Had a little time today so I rendered this 1963 VW Beetle. Betty loves her little Beetle.

1963VWBeetle2Daz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 279K
    edited December 1969

Quick'n'dirty re-do of the Roland in Champagne and Chocolate (one of my favorite big-ticket car color schemes) with carbon fiber inserts and trim.

Roland_Test-01.png
    720 x 480 - 621K
    edited December 1969

And a view of the front. The grill meshwork on this asset is actually modeled, not punched in with an alpha map. Nice.

Test-02.png
    720 x 480 - 566K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Had a little time today so I rendered this 1963 VW Beetle. Betty loves her little Beetle.

I love that paint job. And wow, does that Bug bring back memories...
    edited December 1969

alfhak712 said:
    Thanks!

postworks in Photoshop!

Stonemason!

Hope you like it!

Alf

Very atmospheric! :D

• RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Some really nice renders being posted here.

Here's one I did of the Immortal Elegance car.

I believe it is a 58 Plymouth Fury

IE2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Renolace said:

I love that! Is that a shadow catcher sitting on top of a photograph, or is the whole thing a set?

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    Anyone see this... Midget Racer and trailer

I need to spend more time over there. My impression was they'd stalled out for a bit, but it looks like there's been a growth spurt in their number of products.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Cool render. Needs an Autobot symbol on the roof though :-P
    edited December 1969

Okay, Betty might love her VW, but Sue has a new Retro Rod!

sues_new_retrorod.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 586K
  • RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

I love that! Is that a shadow catcher sitting on top of a photograph, or is the whole thing a set?

That's a prop called the Car Patio.....It's from renderosity and works really well for car renders.

edited December 1969

Renolace said:

Gotta love that car patio.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

Cute!...Very fimanine little coupe! Good job.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:

Cute!...Very fimanine little coupe! Good job.

It ain't done yet, I still got to give it headlights and tail lights, and of course, a license plate!

This discussion has been closed.