THE AUGUST FREEBIE CHALLENGE - HANDICAPPED? NOT!

Comments

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited August 2013

WELCOME TO HOLLAND
    by Emily Perl Kingsley

I am often asked to describe the experience of raising a child with a disability - to try to help people who have not shared that unique experience to understand it, to imagine how it would feel. It's like this... When you're going to have a baby, it's like planning a fabulous vacation trip - to Italy. You buy a bunch of guide books and make your wonderful plans. The Coliseum. The Michelangelo David. The gondolas in Venice. You may learn some handy phrases in Italian. It's all very exciting. After months of eager anticipation, the day finally arrives. You pack your bags and off you go. Several hours later, the plane lands. The stewardess comes in and says, "Welcome to Holland." "Holland?!?" you say. "What do you mean Holland?? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've dreamed of going to Italy." But there's been a change in the flight plan. They've landed in Holland and there you must stay. The important thing is that they haven't taken you to a horrible, disgusting, filthy place, full of pestilence, famine and disease. It's just a different place. So you must go out and buy new guide books. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have met. It's just a different place. It's slower-paced than Italy, less flashy than Italy. But after you've been there for a while and you catch your breath, you look around.... and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills....and Holland has tulips. Holland even has Rembrandts. But everyone you know is busy coming and going from Italy... and they're all bragging about what a wonderful time they had there. And for the rest of your life, you will say "Yes, that's where I was supposed to go. That's what I had planned." And the pain of that will never, ever, ever, ever go away... because the loss of that dream is a very very significant loss. But... if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things ... about Holland.

Render settings (in case anyone cares):
    Raytracing, shadows, irradiance caching ON. IC set at 100. Pixel samples = 20, min shading rate = 0.8, camera F-stop = 6, DOF, displacement and smooth polys ON, postfilter = 3 pixels (gaussian), gamma correction 2.2 **SHEW!**

Love the story, KB! That is so appropriate on so many levels! That is a very sweet render. Thanks for sharing your insight and experiences. :)

image.jpg
    600 x 383 - 62K
    Post edited by Sky77 on
    edited December 1969

mmalbert said:
    This is a really nice theme, and I hope I can do justice to its spirit of intent.

I'm still trying to come up with something inspired, but in the meantime I reworked an older render to fit this theme. The original render had the little girl sitting on a Big Wheel (and it used less freebies.)

Title: Dream Big Dreams

Very original! The thought balloons were a great way to relay the emotion in this render. I love all the little details you put into the render. Having the stuffed dragon on the wheelchair is perfect. :-)

image.jpg
    600 x 480 - 77K
    image.jpg
    563 x 500 - 63K
    edited August 2013

music2u4u said:
    Check out these handicaps...NOT!

:-)

:bug:
    Holy c*?$ ! I wouldn't do that with a tether line and a back up parachute much less a wheel chair hanging off my back!
    I'm having an anxiety attack just looking at the photo! :lol:
    You wonder what kind of determination someone has got to have to do something like that! :gulp:

image.jpg
    324 x 500 - 14K
    Post edited by Sky77 on
  • GRNgiant7713GRNgiant7713 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    How many of you remember this? This was "B"s avatar for years. Can't count how many times I saw this on the old site...lol.

That's funny, I was thinking about that avatar as I was posting earlier. I always wondered what that was a picture of.

That is a picture of the front fender of his scooter. He owned a 2001 Yamaha 50cc Zuma. Here in Canada they were marketed as the BWS50S. He was very fond of that scooter, the only thing that prevented him from riding it the past few years, was that he could not get it to start. He bought and put a new carburetor on last fall, but to this day it still won't start.

Now you know the reason behind his avatar and his sig. He definitely was a BWSman.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    How many of you remember this? This was "B"s avatar for years. Can't count how many times I saw this on the old site...lol.

That's funny, I was thinking about that avatar as I was posting earlier. I always wondered what that was a picture of.

That is a picture of the front fender of his scooter. He owned a 2001 Yamaha 50cc Zuma. Here in Canada they were marketed as the BWS50S. He was very fond of that scooter, the only thing that prevented him from riding it the past few years, was that he could not get it to start. He bought and put a new carburetor on last fall, but to this day it still won't start.

Now you know the reason behind his avatar and his sig. He definitely was a BWSman.

Thanks for the info GG. Hope the family is doing ok through all this. Let us know if we can be of any help whatsoever. Thank you sooo much for shareing all this with us. We sure did love your brother.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Clarification on Rule 3, please:

"3. Base figures (V4, K4, Genesis and M4) don’t count as a purchased item or a freebie and may be used as needed."

is that any base figures, any base figures from DAZ3D, or just the ones listed?

Any base figures that come with the Daz or Poser program software.

edited August 2013

An eight-year-old gymnast from East Tennessee will be able to compete with her prosthetic leg.

I introduce you to Bailee Iorg from East Tennessee. She has hoped to one day compete in USA Gymnastics, something a person with a prosthetic has never done before.

USA Gymnastics sent a statement Monday, paving the way for Bailee to compete. It said, in part:

“USA Gymnastics does not have a policy that precludes an athlete with a prosthetic device from competing; however we plan to monitor and address any areas of concern.

We trust that Bailee and her coaches will monitor her skill level and capability to determine her competitive readiness and wish Bailee the best of luck as she pursues her athletic dreams.”

130513035353_bailee5.jpg
    640 x 360 - 33K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

If I am remembering correctly, it was a scooter or moped or similar that he actually had and rode. Is that correct, Music?

Dana

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    An eight-year-old gymnast from East Tennessee will be able to compete with her prosthetic leg.

I introduce you to Bailee Iorg from East Tennessee. She has hoped to one day compete in USA Gymnastics, something a person with a prosthetic has never done before.

USA Gymnastics sent a statement Monday, paving the way for Bailee to compete. It said, in part:

“USA Gymnastics does not have a policy that precludes an athlete with a prosthetic device from competing; however we plan to monitor and address any areas of concern.

We trust that Bailee and her coaches will monitor her skill level and capability to determine her competitive readiness and wish Bailee the best of luck as she pursues her athletic dreams.”

Way cool!

Dana

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

that is so cool GRNgiant, I never knew what the BWS in his handle was. Always was curious but never asked him. I knew it had to be a scooter or something like that in the avatar. Being an avid 4-wheeler for most of my life I saw that in the avatar.

edited August 2013

jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:

that is so cool GRNgiant, I never knew what the BWS in his handle was. Always was curious but never asked him. I knew it had to be a scooter or something like that in the avatar. Being an avid 4-wheeler for most of my life I saw that in the avatar.

Thanks for sharing that GRNgiant. That solves 2 riddles for me too! :-)
    For the longest time, I kept on wanting to write "BMWman", now I know better. :lol:

Hey I found a pic of one, and another, and another... :P

image.jpg
    259 x 194 - 17K
    image.jpg
    240 x 207 - 32K
    image.jpg
    200 x 150 - 12K
    image.jpg
    100 x 100 - 7K
    Post edited by Sky77 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay Silly question time. Do you folks want your $5 GC's as your renders are accepted? OR would you prefer to get them at the END of the contest? I prefer as we go myself. And remember It's 1 to each person NOT 1 for each render.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay Silly question time. Do you folks want your $5 GC's as your renders are accepted? OR would you prefer to get them at the END of the contest? I prefer as we go myself. And remember It's 1 to each person NOT 1 for each render.

Giving the gift at the time of a entering a qualified entry works for me, Jade.

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:

Thanks for sharing that GRNgiant. That solves 2 riddles for me too! :-)
    For the longest time, I kept on wanting to write "BMWman", now I know better. :lol:

Could have done without that last one. Poor scooter. That guy needs a hog, not a scooter...a full Harley.

Dana

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Jaderail said:

Giving the gift at the time of a entering a qualified entry works for me, Jade.Yep, I like this best also. I'm not far behind and will get this out in my day today. Need to get the Admin stuff caught up first, as in Read the threads Jader, read.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Could have done without that last one. Poor scooter. That guy needs a hog, not a scooter...a full Harley.

Dana

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that last shot... though after studying the pic more, I just realized it isn't the same model... I'm not even sure if it is a Yamaha. :lol:

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Jaderail said:

Jaderail, that is incredibly generous of you! I must of missed an announcement post somewhere. :-)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2013

Firstly, a short note on the awards to be distributed to every participant. Those will be two texture sets - for Wavy Tress Hair by Mairy and 50s GalPal Dress by Jan19. Both items are free, so you all will be able to use the awards. I'm providing detailed promotional images inside each zip file, but you can see a single promo now :).
    50s GalPal Dress Textures
    Wavy Tress Hair Textures

Secondly, Robkelk, as it was already said, base figures are those all Victorias, Aikos, Michaels, Hiros, Stephanies, Freaks, Kids 4 and Genesis. Simply not characters that require another figure. For instance, Victoria 5 should be a no-count, but Olivia for V5 - a purchasable. An exception is, I assume, Teens 5 package (aka Julie and Justin). Those are figures that require Genesis to work (just like Generation 5 line). But in my humble opinion, they can count as base figures since, let's say, Andrea for Julie requires Julie. Just to be sure, may other judges specify this for you.

In addition, would any of you like to get a sneak-peek of my new texture sets for Xylia Double French Braids 2 and Harlow 2 hairstyles? If so, please write back and I'll think what can I do to get them shipped to those people who will win and have them as additional awards.

And now, a render from me...

My entry is not so easy to decipher in the meaning. I'm portraying a person suffering from a mental disorder. The whole idea was born due to the touching story of Edwina Moira from Thief series (I bet you recognize it, so I'll not dwell on it and focus on the story instead). As quoted from Edwina Moira's page on Thief Wiki (http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/Moira,_Edwina#cite_note-0), "Mistress Edwina Moira is one of the few characters in the Thief games, not to have a negative reaction to Garrett's presence. Edwina Moira is the wife of captain Robert Moira. She seems to have lost her mind due to the shock from hearing of her husband's death. In the mission House of the Widow Moira, Garrett can find Edwina sitting in the cupola, singing a shanty in her delirium and talking to people who aren't there. She mistakes him for one of the guests and asks him to bring a bottle of wine"; in fact, the mental disorder she's suffering from is called the rejection effect. It happens when the patient experiences something extremely violent and troubling - and due to this, strives to pretend is has never happened by rejecting it from his or her psychique. Edwina turned insane after her husband (pretending to be a merchant, a wealthy pirate instead) died of a curse on a certain artifact he acquired during one of his voyages. She must have truly loved him and never understood the real role he played. Her manor fell into despair after Captain Robert's death and from that moment, she has been surrounded by her husband's thugs who didn't go on the feral journey, charlatans and cheaters trying to rob her of her possessions. Not being understood, Edwina lives a lonely life of events past and forgotten, only to be cheered up - totally unintentionally - by Garrett. I was inspired by a beautiful short story by RedNightmare, "Half-Full", on FanFaction.net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7699971/1/Half-Full). A wonderful artwork to feel the mood is here: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081126132131/thief/images/f/ff/SeasideMansion1.jpg. I followed the story to capture the extrordinary, hard-to-understand mood of the weird meeting: a mourning widow and the cynical and independent master thief. It was totally unintentional of Garrett to accompany her, yet the fate tangled them together for a special night. Please take a few minutes to read the story before viewing the picture, it's mandatory - especially for somebody who didn't play through the game - to compare and understand what I tried to recreate.

You can see Garrett without his normal equipment - Moira has already disposed of them (yet the cape, his trusted blackjack and other "toys" are nowhere to be seen; that's a totally pragmatic thing of me, because I couldn't find a proper free cloak for Genesis and Eagle Cape for M4 was totally out of question there). The room is loosely arranged like in the game, but still, only with freebies and a limited space, I was unable to recreate it to the extent. Therefore, Moira doesn't sit in her armchair, watching for her damned husband (damned from damnation, emphasizing this just to be sure ;)), but she stands and reaches to Garrett and maybe the spirits who haunt her. The UberEnvironment light is meant to look as if it was slowly kindling inside a small chimney. Garrett is creeping uncomfortably, still very stiff and grasping his bow. The expression was a pain in the neck - I'm afraid it is still far from perfection. Read into the story to start to feel as he is feeling at the moment: fear, distrust, sudden sympathy and sadness? There's an untouched dessert tray on the table accompanied by a bottle of chardonnay and two goblets he brought for the widow. I used my own shaders on both the bottle's contents and the tray, but I really don't know if it's the proper colour for that type of wine. Just be understanding and pretend it's the correct look :). The clothes, pieces of furniture and Edwina's hair are recoloured too - I needed to match the colour of the timber the table, cabinet, spinning wheel and that chest are made of. I'm also dissatisfied by the lack of that subtle scar on Garrett's right socket, does anybody knows how can I add it please?

Moira wears a dark mourning gown - I coloured it myself on Jan19's Gwyneth mesh. There already was a texture called "Black Widow", but frankly, it was far to bright-coloured for mourning purposes, in my humble opinion. She's also wearing a stone necklace from Faerie-Dreams (there are remarks in "Half-Full" that she reminds Garrett of somebody of definitely Pagan origin). I added a silvery shader on Aldora Hair to show her grief has already weathered her body, not to mention she's getting older and older, waiting for her sailor that will never return. I used Tempest's aging morphs on her, kindly converted to Genesis by Wancow. Her mental disorder is mainly shown by her messy, silvery strands, fragile figure, wrinkles all around her face and neck, milky eyes that see in an entirely different way... She looks as if she was drowning in her rich dress and there is a frantic smile on her slender face.

I'm not sure if the render complies to the theme - technically, it should be jolly and bright. The render isn't, at least not at the first glance. Sorry, I just had to show it to you all. There surely is somebody with deep psychical scares in the room. Frankly, I cannot tell for sure who is that: Mistress Moira with her mumbling to people long dead and unpresent, raving on the cupola of her seaside mansion, surrounded by dishonest servants and mean toughboys? Or rather Garrett: a highly intelligent and educated, but independent, cynical - let's admit it: lonely bachelor? (

It was somewhere in his late-twenties Garrett had the humbling realization he'd smothered more girls than he'd kissed. A good deal more. An embarrassingly good deal.) People who know the series know it's famous for a deep insight into psychical construct of its characters. It mainly plays on how the human mind works - how it reacts to noises, fear-arousing notes, hidden societies. Half of the mission in Shalebridge Cradle, a haunted, desolated orphanage and mental hospital (at the same time!), is based on what people expect to find in such horrible place. There is no zombies, no haunts, no beasts. Only writings, sounds and memories. Only the real madness of the place itself.

Yet, I cannot help but feel deep inside there is something in Edwina what Garrett desperately lacks: the irresistible hope that "her Robert, her darling, her sailor" would return soon and watch over her lovingly. She literally lives by sustaining herself on that hope. It's obvious she is more happy in her own melancholic way than many so-called "sane" people are. There's a very meaningful passage in "Half-Full" I'd like to quote there:

"The housekeepers say I'm moonstruck, did you know? That I've lost my mind. But I haven't. They just can't see like I can. I am saner than those mice downstairs are – riffling about, eyeing all the pretty things in my house, dividing them up while I'm still breathing. And pretending to be my friends! That I can't abide. They're not honest at what they do. That's what riles me more than anything else. I'm so very far from mad..."

Oh, the widow isn't wholly there – that much is obvious from the way she lilts and calls him Damen – but Garrett has seen madness, how it gobbles you up, makes gold into flesh, paves grass with carmine dust. He is not sure how to describe what hums behind Edwina Moira's glassy stare. He is sure madness isn't it (...). He never made up his mind as whether or not Mistress Moira was truly mad. Garrett cannot say if she honestly did not realize her husband sailed out on a squall to die – but she did, with powerful certainty, believe he will watch her forever. It isn't something one questions or doubts about over badly-oaked chardonnay. There are, that tottering sailor's wife knew, binds between what is past and present.

The motto of this picture can be portrayed by another quotation:

To real wealth, and the few mad minds who understand it. Yes, real wealth! To those we watch for, and those whom watch for us...

I also copied a few extracts from the mission that should help those who didn't play it understand the situation. Take a look at some of Edwina's quotes from the game:

- Did you hear that? Ginny? Ginny, come quick, I heard a sound, like a voice, carried on the wind. It was Robert, I'm sure of it. Don't tell me it was a trick of the wind, I know the difference! No, I will not come down.
    - (Singing) The sailor from the shanty town, he sails upon the sea, his boat is black, his skin is brown, oh bring him back to me.... (Giggles).
    - You'll never believe it, Robert, the servants have had the impertinence to refuse me a glass of wine. No, not even my Ginny! (Hushed, conspiratorially) Robert, could you get a glass for yourself, and then I'll have a sip. Then, you see, I might sleep. I am so weary, my darling....
    - Bryant tells me you've left a message for me on the viktrola. Really, Robert, can't you just tell me yourself? That silly viktrola annoys me - why must we have that ugly Mechanist thing crouching in our bedroom? If your message is really so important then, then you'll tell me yourself at dinner. Yes, dinner, I'll have cook prepare all your favorites.
    - You must be a friend of Robert's, perchance? One really ought to recognize one's own guests, but the fog has been so thick lately. Would you, could you somehow find it in your heart to fetch me a glass of wine? The servants have forgotten. And do take off that cloak. Make yourself comfortable.
    - Ah, it's you again. Have you brought me my wine? Oh, I don't see how I'll ever settle my nerves without it.
    - Thank you - now perhaps I can settle my poor nerves. So kind of you to fetch it, so that I could stay and watch for my dear Robert. I know I've not thanked you properly. And a poor woman's gratitude is not worth much these days, is it? I can hardly trust my other house guests (whispering) they think I don't hear them sneaking about (normal) but I do. When my Robert returns he'll deal with them anyone who has stolen from me. He'll always look out for me, one way or another, my Robert, my sailor...

There are several conversations to be overheard when visiting Moira's manor that dig deeper into the problem:
    Mistress Mastiff: What are you up to?
    Ginny: I was going to bring some wine to Widow Moira up on the roof.
    Mistress Mastiff: I thought I left clear instructions that the widow shall get no wine! She's in a terrible state! She wouldn't know the difference between you and a murderer servin' up a glass of poison...!
    Ginny: But...
    Mistress Mastiff: Wine is the last thing she needs! What if she swoons and falls to her death, do you want that on your conscience?
    Ginny: But when I set down her dessert tray she saw me and made me swear I'd bring her a glass!
    Mistress Mastiff: Did she? Then go to Cook this instant, and tell him to hide the bottles, lest some other half-wit servant gets the idea to disobey my orders.
    Ginny: Yes, Mistress Mastiff!
    Mistress Mastiff: Well? Be off with you then!
    Ginny: Yes, Mistress Mastiff! (Breaks into sobs)

(...)
    Ginny: Oh, I don't like it. No, no, not one little bit.
    Servant: Whatcha mean, Ginny?
    Ginny: The Widow, up there on the cupola every night, pacing about in the cold, talking utter nonsense. And her house guests! I've a mind to put them all out, for what they're worth.
    Servant: Aye. They're a troublesome bunch...
    Ginny: (Interrupting) I found two of them upstairs in the Widow's Sitting Room. Don't know what they were doing, but there sure was a guilty look about them, I'll tell you that.
    Servant: Interestin'. Maybe I should mention that to the foreman....
    Ginny: Indeed you should! Indeed you should! Also, if you don't spill any blood in the house nor take the deposit Robert Moira prepared for his wife and pay attention to the poor woman and bring her some wine, you'll get a letter from her and a remembrance gift the next day. Here's what it contains: Garrett - My men tell me you visited my home recently, and that you're quite a famous thief and a very dangerous man. Yet, it seems I owe you a bit of thanks. Now that I've had a few days of rest, I recall a kind stranger bringing me a glass of wine. That hooded stranger could only have been you. Furthermore, after a thorough search, it is clear that you did not take my inheritance. I can't help but think they are wrong about you. There must be some kindness in you, that you would leave me at least some of my fortune. And so I send you this bottle of wine – a valuable vintage – as thanks. May we meet again some day. Sincerely,
    Edwina Moira * * * FREEBIES: (register to get) Gwyneth Dress from Jan19 (with my own shader - red 61, green 61, blue 61)
    (register to get) Maturing Pack for V4 from Tempest (converted for Genesis by Wancow, the link goes to Genesis version as the original pack for V4 is linked there too)
    (register to get) SSS Shaders from Wancow
    (register to get) Hand Jive for Genesis from Katastrophe
    (register to get) Window Seat from CoolTuna
    Spinning Wheel from Sams3D (the site links to Sams3D are down, but Sam accepts e-mail requests for all of his stuff)
    General Store Bottle and Chest without stand from Mapps
    Necklace from Faerie-Dreams
    Wreath from LM-Design
    Fruit Bowl from MortemVetus/Andi3D
    (register to get) Elven House Figurine from Arah
    (register to get) Medieval Boots from JaneB
    (register to get) Greehouse Potted Plant in a Pot from Richabri
    Candle and Persian Cat from Adam Thwaites
    Plant and Goblets from Mystic Nights
    (register to get) Simplicity Wallhanger from Richabri
    (register to get) Tribal Bow from Spyro
    (register to get) When Watchers Fall Sweetheart Morph from Laticis NO-COUNTS: (register to get) Cabinet from Dreamland (it was a monthly freebie on Rendo, some of them can still be grabbed, but it's a roulette, so let's tag it as a no-count)
    (register and checkout with software to get) Basic Female, Basic Male, Basic Female Texture (on Edwina Moira), Basic Male Texture (on Garrett), Basic Female Pose (tweaked), Basic Male Pose (tweaked), Aldora Hair, Duke Hair, Journeyer Scout Pants and Shirt from Genesis Starter Essentials
    (register and link to get) Backdrop Texture from Lady-Aimee-Valentine PURCHASABLES: None :)! PS Neither the game nor the story mentions the cat, but it looks like I'm stuffing that model wherever I can. Sorry, you will have to live with it! :P
    The_house_of_Widow_Moira.jpg
    1491 x 1379 - 401K
    Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
    edited December 1969

Well, that is certainly interesting. It is difficult to portray interaction with someone who is not there. You've had some success, but it might have been better with a closer cropping (so that we could see the eyes were focused on someone close) and the placement/posing of hands as though she were touching someone, holding a hand, or something like that.

Dana

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited August 2013

"What is with your ears?"
    "How can she manage with those ears?"
    "Aren't they too little to hear with?"

Starting a new school can be rough, especially when you don't fit in. This new human doesn't fit in with her new school comrades.

Paid
    Genesis Creatures Pack, Genesis Julie

Freebies:
    Funky Touch, Dark Funky Crush
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/34623/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dark-Funky-Crush-and-Jan19s-Funky-Touch
    Aditi Hair
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=61715
    Pluto Hair
    http://www.realmofsavage.com/ProjectSM_hair.htm
    Ixia skin
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/40105/related/11/Poser/Ixia-for-V4
    KB ApocaFae skin and eyes
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/52334/browse/11/Poser/Dayanara-ApocaFae-for-V4-with-Morphs++
    Sileena skin
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/39863/browse/11/Poser/Sileena-for-V4
    Genesis Cuffed Boots
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/67191/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Buckle-Heeled-Boots
    Misty Islands
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/7386/browse/11/Poser/misty-islands-ground-prop-and-3-backdrops
    Alice Morph
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/70768/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Alice-for-Genesis-YT-Julie
    3DC Standard Poses
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/36839/browse/11/Poser/M4-V4-Standard-Poses-II
    KerWars Fancy Shaders
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/59005/browse/7/Material-and-Shader/KerWar-Fancies-01
    Fantasy eyes
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=56427
    Leather Shader
    Will have link soon

Morphs- elf and water creature dialed by me

whats_with_her_ears_03.jpg
    1000 x 760 - 70K
    Post edited by Sassanik on
    edited December 1969

This one is a WIP, I am not sure if I like the perspective on it yet. Looking for feedback.
    Thanks!

watching_the_clouds_02.jpg
    896 x 856 - 70K
    edited December 1969

Starting a new school can be rough, especially when you don't fit in. This new human doesn't fit in with her new school comrades.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=87325_mY313sswl8VgjgC1OkdR&thumb=1&board_id=1

The new kid always gets picked on it seems. Interesting environment...surreal ground and background, fits well with the fantasy beings.

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

This one is a WIP, I am not sure if I like the perspective on it yet. Looking for feedback.
    Thanks!

The perspective is good. Think of it as taking a photo standing on a ladder, although I think you might want to try to get a bit closer. As it is right now, you see more of the pool instead of the person in the pool. At this angle you wouldn't see any sky at all but more of the ground around the pool, be it grass, asphalt or whatever. You might want to think about boosting the light a little as well to give it more of an outdoors look. With a little tweaking it could be a very powerful, if not touching piece. I'm getting a real freedom from constraints vibe from this. Hope this helps...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Paid
    Genesis Creatures Pack, Genesis Julie

Freebies:
    Funky Touch, Dark Funky Crush
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/34623/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dark-Funky-Crush-and-Jan19s-Funky-Touch
    Aditi Hair
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=61715
    Pluto Hair
    http://www.realmofsavage.com/ProjectSM_hair.htm
    Ixia skin
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/40105/related/11/Poser/Ixia-for-V4
    KB ApocaFae skin and eyes
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/52334/browse/11/Poser/Dayanara-ApocaFae-for-V4-with-Morphs++
    Sileena skin
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/39863/browse/11/Poser/Sileena-for-V4
    Genesis Cuffed Boots
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/67191/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Buckle-Heeled-Boots
    Misty Islands
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/7386/browse/11/Poser/misty-islands-ground-prop-and-3-backdrops
    Alice Morph
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/70768/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Alice-for-Genesis-YT-Julie
    3DC Standard Poses
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/36839/browse/11/Poser/M4-V4-Standard-Poses-II
    KerWars Fancy Shaders
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/59005/browse/7/Material-and-Shader/KerWar-Fancies-01
    Fantasy eyes
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=56427
    Leather Shader
    Will have link soon

Morphs- elf and water creature dialed by me

I am not certain that this really fits the theme of this months challenge, but that could be just me. Race or species differences is not really a handicap as much as just being different.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited August 2013

music2u4u said:
    robkelk said:
    Clarification on Rule 3, please:

"3. Base figures (V4, K4, Genesis and M4) don’t count as a purchased item or a freebie and may be used as needed."

is that any base figures, any base figures from DAZ3D, or just the ones listed?

Any base figures that come with the Daz or Poser program software.

No Aiko, Hiro, or Stephanie, then, unless we list them as paid items. :-S Slight modification to render plans, coming up...

(Of course, there are the totally-free characters out there, such as Apollo and Kururu. No, wait - I'm over-analyzing this. Base V4 and M4, for the "everyman" and "everywoman" look - that's the way to go here...)

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Dollygirl said:
    Jaderail said:

Yep, I like this best also. I'm not far behind and will get this out in my day today. Need to get the Admin stuff caught up first, as in Read the threads Jader, read.
    Accepted entries are in posts 74 and 89; yet-to-be-accepted entries (as of this post) are in posts 138 and 140...

And when I host, I've always sent out the participation gifts upon acceptance of the first entry by each person (or when I got the gifts from their creators, in a couple of cases).

edited December 1969

Thanks!

The perspective is good. Think of it as taking a photo standing on a ladder, although I think you might want to try to get a bit closer. As it is right now, you see more of the pool instead of the person in the pool. At this angle you wouldn't see any sky at all but more of the ground around the pool, be it grass, asphalt or whatever. You might want to think about boosting the light a little as well to give it more of an outdoors look. With a little tweaking it could be a very powerful, if not touching piece. I'm getting a real freedom from constraints vibe from this. Hope this helps...
    In addition to LG's advice, I'd suggest changing the image dimensions. If you render a widescreen image instead of a square image, you'll be able to throw away the parts of the sky and front walkway that don't add to the story you're telling with this scene, and that would help draw the audience to the parts of the scene that you want them to look at (the person and the chair).

edited December 1969

Thank you guys for the advice. After posting it I worried that it might look like he was floating dead in the pool, rather than just relaxing and enjoying the freedom of floating around.

Amy

edited December 1969

I am not certain that this really fits the theme of this months challenge, but that could be just me. Race or species differences is not really a handicap as much as just being different.

Ah, no worries if it not acceptable.

Amy

edited August 2013

DanaTA said:
    music2u4u said:

If I am remembering correctly, it was a scooter or moped or similar that he actually had and rode. Is that correct, Music?

Dana

Correct. It is also where he got his name here.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26505/P120/#397825

Post edited by music2u4u on