Hexagon BETA - version 2.5.2.137! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited July 2018
    Studio94 said:

2. the missing solid colours is possibly a bridge/studio issue - it occurs for me with studio 4.10.133 + Hexagon 2.5.109 

- actually, the solid colours are not actually missing, but the transparency is set to 1.  If you edit that down to a sensible value, back in business.

Sorry but I've scanned around the Hexagon workspace and menus and can't find where to edit that setting. Any hints please?

[EDIT] - Found the Transparency setting in the Materials Panel for the selected surface. Can't figure out how to select all the materials at once though which makes chaninging the transparency for each surface very tedious. It (the export) does seem to be fixed in the new DAZ Studio 4.11 Beta though.

Post edited by marble on
  • NO ME DEJA GUARDAR LOS TRABAJOS EN  HEXAGON NO TIENE SAVE

• jdfoxjdfox Posts: 38
    marble said:
    Studio94 said:

2. the missing solid colours is possibly a bridge/studio issue - it occurs for me with studio 4.10.133 + Hexagon 2.5.109 

- actually, the solid colours are not actually missing, but the transparency is set to 1.  If you edit that down to a sensible value, back in business.

Sorry but I've scanned around the Hexagon workspace and menus and can't find where to edit that setting. Any hints please?

[EDIT] - Found the Transparency setting in the Materials Panel for the selected surface. Can't figure out how to select all the materials at once though which makes chaninging the transparency for each surface very tedious. It (the export) does seem to be fixed in the new DAZ Studio 4.11 Beta though.

I think you'll find that this always happens if you are sending a figure with Iray Materials, 3Delight Materials seem to work fine.

• I'm glad Hexagon is no longer forgotton!!

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Just wanted to say that I've been using the 64-bit beta now pretty much since it came out and found it to be a lot more stable and usable for me. I still use the heck out of incremental save, but I've had a lot less crashes and when I do, I can usually see why and avoid it the next time.

• Nice!

• I agree Jonny, Hexagon rarely gives me problems. There are still a few things wrong and a few changes I would like (I've got a small wish list) but it is a lot more stable.

With any luck we'll get an update soon :)

• Why do we have to go through a song and a dance routine to upgrade our Hexagon?
    Why no hot key in the "Help" tab that does that for us?

Mine failed due to Missing Files Path in the setup utility path.

WTF???

• Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.11+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build +Beta+" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. 
  • Why do we have to go through a song and a dance routine to upgrade our Hexagon?

WTF???

• Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.11+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build +Beta+" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. 

If DAZ Studio Public Build is installed, then the path should be found.

WTF???

Doctor Jellybean has told you how to get past this (if you have ZBrush), though bear in mind that onyl one version of DS can have a GoZ plug-in at tone time. However, this is, as it says, a plug-in for Daz Studio - it has nothing to do with Hexagon, beta or otherwise.

• Is there going to be developed a 'dimension line' tool, or a 'tape measure' tool.

With those , Hexagon would have great application in architectural design.

• jonathanpcurleyjonathanpcurley Posts: 1
    edited September 2018

EDIT: I found out where the full screen is, it's hiding in plain sight and just looks like a duplicate option and I don't think its documented. It's at least not obvious to me and probaly should still have a menu option under view like blender has.

Hi, is there a way to have Hex full screen that auto hides the task bar? like in games? I have auto hide on for the taskbar in windows 10 but as the tools are at the bottom it sometimes shows up when I navigate to the bottom and I need it hidden for recordings. If not can you please add that as a feature full screen without the taskbar. Thanks.

Post edited by jonathanpcurley on
  • Sugestion:
    When you have a tool selected for use, each time you validate the action, you have to go back to the menu to select the same tool for use again.
    Why not set it up like AutoCad and have the second mouse click repeat the last tool action.

Click to set the tool action. 
    Drag the action through.
    Click to validate the action.
    Click again to repeat the same tool action.

Leave the menu runs for when we need to change tools only.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited October 2018

Suggestions should be made here:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • When oh when will us Mac users receive the 64-bit support for Hexagon? :<

• In both Mac Hexagon Beta 2.5.2.137 and 2.5.2.109 I'm having trouble importing a variety of object formats, say, .obj, .3ds or .dxf. The app shows the dialog box with the format's relevant import options, but upon confirmation it fails by showing an empty dialog box and not managing to import anything.

As I believe I had it work in the past, I wonder if it could be a macOS issue. I'm running on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

I'm attaching an .obj that produces such an empty error message (I presume). Could you check if this problem is reproducible at your end?

zip
    zip
    OBJ mesh and empty dialog box screencap.zip
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915

Seems to be working with Mac OS 10.11.6.

Opened the file with default settings using both the Open and Import commands. Both ways worked fine.

obj import.png
    1369 x 1108 - 318K
  • I tried reinstalling the app, and launching on a fresh user account in my Mac, to no avail. I'll have to make more tests, because everything else works ok: Only the importing fails.

Thanks anyway

• It imported just fine into my 64-bit Windows 10 machine.

Try imported the model into a new scene, saving as a new HXN, then exporting as a new OBJ to see if Hexagon does or doesn't.

• I can create, say, a cube or a sub-divided object, export it as an .obj and import it back without trouble. But importing that model and several others still brings that empty dialog box. Hmm…

I'll try a clean OS and app install.

• Before doing all that. Make sure that you have OBJ associated with no other apps on your computer.

• juan_003accbca5juan_003accbca5 Posts: 4
    edited November 2018

Okay, I isolated the problem: it was a bullet character in the file path. 

As I have a PC too, I tried Hexagon there, importing the file through the local network, and I got an error dialog box (with text indicating that PC Hexagon was having trouble reading it instead of a blank pane). On a hunch, I copied it to my Mac's desktop and tried Mac Hexagon to open it. It worked.

Sometimes I put characters such as a bullet at the beginning of a folder to have it show at the top of a listing. Usually that's no trouble at all for Mac apps, but I guess that the ones like Hexagon that are based on multiplatform frameworks might object to those. Once I removed it from the path, I could import the .obj from its original location without any trouble.

EDIT: I've submitted a bug report (the unusual character in the filepath might be not worth the effort, but the blank dialog box is: it kept me from knowing what was going on).

And thanks for the help smiley

Post edited by juan_003accbca5 on
  • No spaces. No special characters. Filepaths 101.

• OK, I late to this topic, but I have a question, which will help me decide whether I should get this version or not. First I'll give a bit of history to let you know why I am asking this question. I do have the Hexagon 2.5 32 bit version, which liked to crash on every computer I installed it on. So I have not installed it on any of my latest computers. I'm running Windows 10 on all of my computers now, and all of them are 64 bit. Now for the question: Does Hexagon 2.5 32 bit need to be installed for the 64 bit Beta version to work?

• OK, I late to this topic, but I have a question, which will help me decide whether I should get this version or not. First I'll give a bit of history to let you know why I am asking this question. I do have the Hexagon 2.5 32 bit version, which liked to crash on every computer I installed it on. So I have not installed it on any of my latest computers. I'm running Windows 10 on all of my computers now, and all of them are 64 bit. Now for the question: Does Hexagon 2.5 32 bit need to be installed for the 64 bit Beta version to work?

No, you can install the 64 bit Beta version without having installed 2.5.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I would also add that I have found the beta to crash a lot less than the previous version for me. And usually I can identify why (running certain tools on a shape that has smoothing applied is a good one); so I can avoid doing that in the future.

• Hi I just downloaded Hexagon 2.5.2.137 and it asks for a serial number how and where do I get that. I had Hexagon on an old system so have no number to put it. So how do I activate it now. Thanks for any info here.

• Hi I just downloaded Hexagon 2.5.2.137 and it asks for a serial number how and where do I get that. I had Hexagon on an old system so have no number to put it. So how do I activate it now. Thanks for any info here.

Go to your account page here and look for your serial numbers link.

• smw5smw5 Posts: 7

What about Mac 64 bit ?

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Indeed, Daz, what about Mac 64 bit support?

Quote: (June 4, 2018) 64-bit Support, Mac: Not yet available - still under development.

It's been over six months now. What's the holdup?

I hope you (Daz) are aware that the current Mac OS, Mojave, is the last version that will run 32 bit applications. After that, none of your Mac customers will be able to use Hexagon.