Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,985

Hansmar - very nice idea and render, cool use of the panoramic projection.

Jay - thanks

Horo - thanks for the comment and the help with the Sponza model, believe it or not i haven't given up on this model and started viewing David's videos on lighting an interior.  I'll send you the file as you suggested. Thanks once again and also for the new pdf on the Warped terrains

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,094

mermaid : I like both anaglyphs !

Thanks Adbc

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754
    edited September 2018

Launok, mach25, Horo, adbc, Mermaid: thanks. Apparently ‘cool’ is the word for my render laugh

Mermaid, sorry, still don't have any red-green glasses to see the beauty of your anaglyphs.

As always, I tend to rerender with changes. Now, it becomes a story (or poem). The previous one is ‘In the swirling dark of night’. Then follows ‘They play through the bubble green morning’ and then (finally?) ‘Until the double coloured afternoon’.

The green one uses a lens with a refrection of 50 in front of the camera. In the blue/red/purple one, the lens has been placed away from the camera, duplicated, and given blue and red colour. I also modified the location of the dragons in each. The dragons are not actually inside the spheres, but it looks that way nicely. You can see some of the strange cloud shapes too.

dragonball2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 692K
    dragonball3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 858K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - one day you will get the red/cyan glasses and will find Anaglyphs as addictive as Abstracts. wink These renders with the lens are awesome, very nice effects.

Hansmar : Awesome images, cannot decide which one I like most !

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,107

Hansmar - two very nice renders. Difficult to decide which one I like more, they are different and each one has its own charm.

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    Thanks mermaid,have no glasses,maybe combine both anaglyph and abstract in same image would look great together? Hansmar great lenses,best would be put them up on the wall beside or above the other
    edited September 2018

Mermaid, adbc, Horo, mach25: Thanks for the nice words. And no, I do not hope that anaglyphs become as addictive as abstracts, because there would be no time left for other things than Bryce, would there?

To show how addicted I am to (semi-)abstracts: here is another one. This one, I call ‘Dancing aliens’.

The strange things in the middle are made with Structure Synth. The multiplicated things are Chinese lanterns from Nergal 83 (found at Sharecg). The thing around is the ‘Round Rim’ ( I guess from Jonathan Cummings?) and I used some  spheric lights as well as some of the light set by Rashad Carter. Furthermore an HDRI sunset sky. The sun was disabled. I guess that is about it, except for texturing in Bryce, of course. Now, there are so many small parts in the ‘aliens’ that the regular anti-aliassing alone took more than 3 days! I should remember to do that differently.

Dancing aliens.jpg
    1400 x 875 - 944K

Hansmar - very nice looking abstract. Try rendering Premium with 9 rpp, it may be faster. Rashad has some very nice light setups but many of them are also render hogs. When I get excessive render times, I experiment with the light. What contributes to how the scene looks, and what can be removed without visible impact.

Hansmar- Wow I love it, beautiful colors.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2018

That last one, Hansmar, looks like some kind of oriental work of art yes

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited September 2018

The last of my Sponza renders after some help from Horo and an Anaglyph.  The problem with the shadows ..... the sun was disabled. laugh  Thanks Horo smiley

sponza3d.jpg
    600 x 800 - 117K
    sponza3-ana.jpg
    600 x 800 - 128K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2018

Jeez, Mermaid (hope that doesn't sound offensive)...but both images (normal and 3D) are just superb...I want to walk/explore yes

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

mermaid - great, great POV, too; anaglyph is superb. Good idea with the pots.

Hansmar : very nice scen, beautiful contrasting colours.

mermaid : Both images are awesome.

Hansmar really great look

Mermaid, very nice pics,would it be possible with right hardware/software PC connected to a 3dtv to watch anaglyph as intended?

Horo,when using bryce antialiasing,it always run lot slower than a 2d programs filter,when need/want to postwork it ,do a final 2d filter after postwork it instead?

mach25 - depending on the scene and lighting, AA-ing can take 10 and more times as long as the render itself because it anti-aliases a 3D scene and not a 2D image. If you're happy with rendering without AA-ing and blur in a graphics application, that's fine. Else, open the Render Options and try first Premium wuth 9 rpp (Rays per pixel). This is in many cases faster. Super (Fine Art AntiAliasing) is very slow. You can also adjust the AA Rays, Tolerance and set the Radius to any value between 1 and 2 to speed things up.

Thanks Jay, Horo and Adbc smiley

edited September 2018
    mach25 said:

Mermaid, very nice pics,would it be possible with right hardware/software PC connected to a 3dtv to watch anaglyph as intended?

Thanks mach25  I have no idea about technology especially the advances made in recent years. I use Bryce as a means to spend my golden years in a very enjoyable fun way, to me better than all the video games in the market.

Hopefully someone with more experience will answer your question.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Horo: Thanks for the advice. Of course, I added some of Rashad's lights (not all) because of the effect they gave. I will try to use Premium with 9 rpp to see whether that is much better. There are also two lights inside the figure on the right, that are hardly visible now. Should have removed them. I had them there with a first, very dark sky; then they worked.

Mermaid, Jay, adbc, mach25: many thanks. I love the general aspect and the colours too.

Mermaid: Very good, that the shadows are there now! Looks really wonderful, this courtyard.

Thanks Hansmar

mach25 said:

Thanks mach25  I have no idea about technology especially the advances made in recent years. I use Bryce as a means to spend my golden years in a very enjoyable fun way, to me better than all the video games in the market.

Hopefully someone with more experience will answer your question.

I checked it out,that maybe will be my next computer,but nowadays PC with DVItoHDMI cable and HDtv I enjoy art with and bryce and postwork,reference pics etc ,thats why I asked

edited September 2018

Another stacked and warped terrain landscape and just for the fun of it, an anaglyph as well.

Inclined Hills

Inclined Hills Anaglyph

InclinedHills.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 193K
    InclinedHillsAna.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 249K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Hello Anybody know how to make the far way trees look like fading away? because they lookl like theyre near the camera I want to make them distant and foggy many thanks

Mach25 - we use the red/cyan googles to view the Anaglyph smiley buy a pair for now I believe they are quite cheap.

Horo - another beautiful set of renders, both are awesome. The material and lighting are once again top notch.

Juanarielok - welcome to the forum, I don't understand what you mean, try the fog and haze setting in the Sky Lab

edited September 2018

Another great warped terrain, Horo.

Juanarielok: Welcome indeed. Mermaid is right. Using haze can lead to distant vagueness. You find the Sky Lab by clicking on 'Sky & Fog'. Then click on the little cloud with the rainbow. Then go to 'Atmosphere'. For distant vagueness I often set the base height of the haze at 0.1, the Thickness rather high (e.g. 100) and then I play with the density to see what the effect is.

You can also use other settings. To learn a lot about Bryce, find the tutorials by David Brinnen, e.g. here: https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/artist/david-brinnen/. There are loads of great tutorials, from simple for beginners to very advanced for those that want to know all the tricks.

Two new abstracty landscapes by me. I created a very, very spiky lattice, using a brush in the editor. I used for both renders an HDRI, one from an abstract set and a sunset one. I added a bird in the first one and also some other objects in the second one. I call them Spike city 1 and 2.

Spike city1.jpg
    1400 x 875 - 712K
    Spike city2.jpg
    1400 x 875 - 1M
    edited September 2018

mermaid - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. Cool spiky terrains.

juanarielok - welcome to the forum. As mermaid and Hansmar said. We get the distance clue in nature by how the objects get smaller in the distance, lose contrast and colour saturation and get progrssively blue. The Sky Lab is where you can set Haze. Density is how it builds up in the distance and Thickness how near the haze starts at the camera. For a nature scene you would usually start with high density and low thickness. For a smog city street scene you would have thickness higher than density. If you enable Color Perspective you can control how the haze colour changes with distance. Bryce defaults to blue with increasing distance. You can control it with the perspective settings. The numbers for each colour are percent (0-100%). Density and Thickness have a stronger effect the higher the perspective percentages are set. The cumulus cloud hight (in the Cloud Cover tab) controls how high up the haze reaches - no matter whether the clouds are enabled or disabled.

Post edited by Horo on

Horo : beautiful terrain landscape and anaglyph.

Hansmar : very special spike cities, the first one looks colder than the second one with a warm sky and nice material for the city.

edited September 2018

For the render posted on September 12th by me, Horo suggested to use Premium render with Premium 9 rpp. I started this. Still will take days; I stopped it a couple of times, it has run through some nights and a working day, but still only at 47%. I do think it will in the end be faster than with Regular anti-aliasing, though.

Now, I also lowered the max ray depth to 3. This should help a bit. Of course, the 'aliens' consist of many different partly transparent and partly reflective cubes and spheres. I assume that is the main reason for the render taking very long. I therefore modified the texture to be non-transparent. I considered to change the texture of the rim too, but I could not find another texture with a similar beautiful effect quickly. The scene has been rendering for about 3/4 of a day now and is at 39%, so it helps a lot. I might show the end result later.

Horo and adbc: thanks. Of course, the difference in warmth is largely on purpose. I like the cold one as well, because it looks like a huge moon behind the city.

This discussion has been closed.