Light Dome PRO-R Official Render / Questions Thread [COMMERCIAL]

DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348
edited August 2013 in The Commons

It's finally out!

Light Dome PRO-R for DAZ Studio - with instant live adjustments. The ultimate outdoor lighting solution:

Create gorgeous renders, faster and easier than ever.

Get it here:
http://www.daz3d.com/light-dome-pro-r

Post your renders and questions here..! ;)

Post edited by Dreamlight on

Comments

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Would I be able to use other light sets with the LDP-R Script.

• Robo2010Robo2010 Posts: 56
    edited August 2013

Was happy and constantly using LightDome Pro, MoodMaster, and other products from Dreamlight in DAZ Studio during 1.8. Then DAZ kept updating DS. Later to 2.0, 2.1....etc so fast, was unable to keep up. Was messing up DS along with Bryce Together. Waiting for updates was a problem from DreamLight. He stopped at 3.0 and some were not updated from DS version 2.1, and I have moved to Carrara. Wishing myself to move to DS and use Moodmaster, and LightDome Pro, specially in the updated DS (What ever version it is now). But my money spent on DreamLight Products became expired and a waste. So now I do not spend money on any Dreamlights Products. I tried contacting, and nothing. Sorry but that is how I feel. Your products are awesome, but only for a time. Their is expiry dates on em, but myself or others do not know until that date happens on specific DS versions.

Post edited by Robo2010 on
  • DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Both yes and no.

You can add your own lights on top of the LDP-R layers, and therefore, mix and match as much as you like. This is described in the userguide, and there will be additional video tutorials covering this.

Second, you can use the LDP-R photoshop filters (Miami / Cold / Default), which add glows, vignette, "gamma" and tint effects to ANY DS render.

Would I be able to use other light sets with the LDP-R Script.
    edited December 1969

Thank you for being honest, I appreciate your input!

Robo2010 said:
    Was happy and constantly using LightDome Pro, MoodMaster, and other products from Dreamlight in DAZ Studio during 1.8. Then DAZ kept updating DS. Later to 2.0, 2.1....etc so fast, was unable to keep up. Was messing up DS along with Bryce Together. Waiting for updates was a problem from DreamLight. He stopped at 3.0 and some were not updated from DS version 2.1, and I have moved to Carrara. Wishing myself to move to DS and use Moodmaster, and LightDome Pro, specially in the updated DS (What ever version it is now). But my money spent on DreamLight Products became expired and a waste. So now I do not spend money on any Dreamlights Products. I tried contacting, and nothing. Sorry but that is how I feel. Your products are awesome, but only for a time. Their is expiry dates on em, but myself or others do not know until that date happens on specific DS versions.
  • ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    i like very much Light Dome PRO-R,

maybe it's a weird question :
    is it compatible with daz 4.5 ?

Cheers

edited December 1969

Hey, glad you like it, thanks! Well, that IS a good question. Basically, it's a script, and not a plug in, designed to be a script that should survive DS updates... ;) I haven't tested it in DS 4.5, but it "should work". However, you can download DS 4.6 pro for free?

loreleen said:
    Hi,
    i like very much Light Dome PRO-R,

maybe it's a weird question :
    is it compatible with daz 4.5 ?

Cheers

• ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Many thanks !!

Cheers

edited December 1969

You're welcome!

loreleen said:
    Many thanks !!

Cheers

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I got a trouble with the background changes, each time I try to change the image I end up with an error.

for ex :

Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected.
    The following files could not be found:

/data/auto_adapted/LDP-R Skydome_4902/geometry_c6694d84_2f0e_1a50_ba9d_8a425d7c0b17/LDP-R Skydome.dsf

please help !

• ytetsuytetsu Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I have a problem that LDP-R doesn't work on DS4.6 (Windows 8 Pro 64-bit)

I did followings.
    1. Load LDP-R in new scene.
    2. Merge Street of Asia (by Stonemasone) into the scene.
    3. Set the render settings as in manual.
    4. Run "Render LDP-R " from File menu.

After this, LDP-R hide LDP Skydome in the scene.
    But nothing more to do.

Also, log.txt have following messages.
    -------------------------
    WARNING: Unhandled error while executing DAZ Script.
    WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

Any suggestions?

• Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited August 2013

same problem here, i keep getting that error when i try to load a different sky dome. im running on a macbok pro. plus i cant find the manual that the description says we were supposed to get.

Post edited by Kyu2130 on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2013

The manual is installed in your ReadMe's folder as 16860_ldp-r-manual_101.pdf

There is also a link to it on the Daz Wiki-Docs: Light Dome Pro - R

The error with applying the skydome material presets has been reported, just click on the OK button and the texture will load.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • bearbear Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Robo2010 said:

I totally agree with your post , unfortunate but no more Dreamlight products for me .

• Robo2010Robo2010 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Myself tried to activate 1.8 or even 2.0 so I could use the Dream light Products I purchased. Because they do not work in the latest DS versions. So I gave up, and now saving my money. DS plug ins, or add on is a risk for DAZ Studio.

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Light Dome Pro was my favorite light set in previous versions of DS. But like others. I've been waiting years for a promised update that now looks like it's never coming.

I'm wondering whether some kind of discount coupon is being arranged on this product for purchasers of the previous product who were led to believe there would be an update.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads-up. This is not supposed to happen, Seems the wrong version is included in the installer. DAZ are notified about the issue.

sioc said:
    Hello,

I got a trouble with the background changes, each time I try to change the image I end up with an error.

for ex :

Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected.

/data/auto_adapted/LDP-R Skydome_4902/geometry_c6694d84_2f0e_1a50_ba9d_8a425d7c0b17/LDP-R Skydome.dsf

please help !

edited December 1969

What DS version are you running?

ytetsu said:
    Hi,
    I have a problem that LDP-R doesn't work on DS4.6 (Windows 8 Pro 64-bit)

I did followings.
    1. Load LDP-R in new scene.
    2. Merge Street of Asia (by Stonemasone) into the scene.
    3. Set the render settings as in manual.
    4. Run "Render LDP-R " from File menu.

After this, LDP-R hide LDP Skydome in the scene.
    But nothing more to do.

Also, log.txt have following messages.
    WARNING: Unhandled error while executing DAZ Script.
    WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

Any suggestions?

edited December 1969

Thanks for reply.
    I'm using DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 x64/x32 (on Windows 8 Pro x64).
  • shadowfire87shadowfire87 Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Welcome back to the light scene Dreamlight! I will be getting this because I have always loved your products and I like the flexibility that Photoshop brings. On the other hand, I know at least one person, who frequents these forums, that will never get it because it involves Photoshop (more to the point, he hates the Daz Studio update track and prefers to use D|S 2.X, He picked up D|S 4.5 Pro, when it became free, but chooses to use the older version). He likes to perform all things inside D|S without going post.

With that said I have one question: Can I use the layers in the GIMP? Although Photoshop is my baby I do use the GIMP from time to time. I hope this question is not too way off.

edited August 2013

Opps.. see next post...

edited August 2013

I was able to get LDP-R working with Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 in Windows.

1. Close Photoshop Elements 10 if open.

2. Copy Dreamlight LDP-R.atn to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Photo Creations\photo effects

Note: ProgramData is hidden by default, you may need to change your Windows settings to show hidden folders.

3. Copy a .jpg thumbnail in the photo effects folder and rename it to: Dreamlight LDP-R.thumbnail.jpg

4. Copy a matching .png thumbnail in the photo effects folder and rename it to: Dreamlight LDP-R.png

5. Copy Blizzard.metadata.xml and rename it to Dreamlight LDP-R.metadata.xml.

6. Edit Dreamlight LDP-R.metadata.xml and change Blizzard=Blizzard to LDP-R=Dreamlight LDP-R

7. Delete file MediaDatabase.db3 located in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Locale\en_us. It will be re-generated when Elements is launched.

8. Launch Adobe Elements 10, you will see a message "Building Content and Effects". It will take a couple of minutes.

9. Load the 8 files generated by the LPD-R Render script into Adobe Elements per product instructions.

10. Click on the Photo Effects group icon, then Misc. Effects from the drop down menu. Locate and select the Dreamlight LDP-R action, then click on the Apply button.

Edit: The Opacity is showing 0% in the Elements image because I set the Fog layer to 0% then took the screen grab.

Elements_10.jpg
    1273 x 1035 - 178K
    edited December 1969

Very sorry for this. We did some last minute changes and this was overlooked. It will still work if you continue after the error message. I've sent an update to DAZ. In the meantime, you can download a ZIP file containing remade icons here:
    https://www.dream-lounge.com/LDPR/Backgrounds.zip You can then simply copy and paste the files within, to your My Documents / DAZ 3D / Studio / My Library / Dreamlight / LDP-R / Backgrounds / ...folder.

Let me know if that helps!

sioc said:
    Hello,

for ex :

please help !

edited December 1969

Thanks for the feedback, that's odd, since I'm using the same version (x64) and it's working fine on this end. Have you installed to the main / default DS location?

ytetsu said:

Thanks for reply.

edited December 1969

Hey, thank you for the warm feedback! Well, this "outside the box" lighting solution is not for everybody, since it DOES rely on Photoshop. I've found this to be the way most artists prefer to work with their 3D art, hence why LDP-R is born. Having that said, there's nothing wrong on using 3D in ANY way.

Based on your feedback, there might be features included that will allow mixing within DS.

As of now, the rendered layers will not work in the Gimp, just by stacking them as is. There's tons of functions performed to get the special LDP-R look and feel. However, if possible, and if Gimp can re-produce similar PS actions, I might do a Gimp version of the actions.

Welcome back to the light scene Dreamlight! I will be getting this because I have always loved your products and I like the flexibility that Photoshop brings. On the other hand, I know at least one person, who frequents these forums, that will never get it because it involves Photoshop (more to the point, he hates the Daz Studio update track and prefers to use D|S 2.X, He picked up D|S 4.5 Pro, when it became free, but chooses to use the older version). He likes to perform all things inside D|S without going post.

With that said I have one question: Can I use the layers in the GIMP? Although Photoshop is my baby I do use the GIMP from time to time. I hope this question is not too way off.

edited December 1969

Wow, Lindsay, thank you so much for this! Greatly appreciated!

Lindsey said:
    I was able to get LDP-R working with Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 in Windows.

1. Close Photoshop Elements 10 if open.

2. Copy Dreamlight LDP-R.atn to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Photo Creations\photo effects

Note: ProgramData is hidden by default, you may need to change your Windows settings to show hidden folders.

3. Copy a .jpg thumbnail in the photo effects folder and rename it to: Dreamlight LDP-R.thumbnail.jpg

4. Copy a matching .png thumbnail in the photo effects folder and rename it to: Dreamlight LDP-R.png

Note: you could make custom icons if you wish.

5. Copy a xml file in the photo effects folder and rename to: Dreamlight LDP-R.metadata.xml

6. Edit the Dreamlight LDP-R.metadata.xml file as shown in the picture below.

7. Delete file MediaDatabase.db3 located in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Locale\en_us. It will be re-generated when Elements is launched.

8. Launch Adobe Elements 10, you will see a message "Building Content and Effects". It will take a couple of minutes.

9. Load the 8 files generated by the LPD-R Render script into Adobe Elements per product instructions.

10. Click on the Photo Effects group icon, then Misc. Effects from the drop down menu. Locate and select the Dreamlight LDP-R action, then click on the Apply button.

Edit: The Opacity is showing 0% in the Elements image because I set the Fog layer to 0% then took the screen grab.

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited August 2013

Very sorry for this. We did some last minute changes and this was overlooked. It will still work if you continue after the error message. I've sent an update to DAZ. In the meantime, you can download a ZIP file containing remade icons here:
    https://www.dream-lounge.com/LDPR/Backgrounds.zip You can then simply copy and paste the files within, to your My Documents / DAZ 3D / Studio / My Library / Dreamlight / LDP-R / Backgrounds / ...folder.

Let me know if that helps!

ok, I tried it...

I had a new error :

/data/Dreamlight/LightDomePRO_R/LDP-R Skydome/UV Sets/Dreamlight/Base/default.dsf

So I renamed my folders from :

data\Dreamlight\Light Dome PRO - R\LDP-R Skydome\UV Sets\Dreamlight\Base

to

data\Dreamlight\LightDomePRO_R\LDP-R Skydome\UV Sets\Dreamlight\Base

Now It's ok !

Thanks

Post edited by sioc on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

A little disappointed that there was no upgrade path from the previous Light Dome Pro. Bought that last year and didn't realize that it wasn't DS4 compatible. But it was part of a bundle purchase, so I couldn't complain too much. Always wanted to use it, but I was one of the non-DS3 users.

Anyway, here is my first go at using it...

Light Dome settings are right out of the box using the Default 4 lights.

Models are a few of Dreamland's Movie Sets.

Photoshop also used the right out of the box Light Dome settings.

Now that I've gotten a handle on it, trying it again with a few tweaks.

Dreamland_City_Test.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 91K
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Question now... Would it be possible to save the rendered images as something other than a BMP? The BMP images are using the background color, instead of leaving that transparent, which can be a bit of a headache.

edited December 1969

Well, we could basically add JPG as an option. Unfortunatelly, PNG uses alpha channels which add jagged lines at the edges.

Legionair said:
    Question now... Would it be possible to save the rendered images as something other than a BMP? The BMP images are using the background color, instead of leaving that transparent, which can be a bit of a headache.
    edited December 1969

Yes, I installed following default locations.
    Application:
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4
    Content:
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library

DS itself is installed with installer (exe), because DIM's DS installer doesn't write some registry entries.
    LDP-R is installed with DIM.

Thanks for the feedback, that's odd, since I'm using the same version (x64) and it's working fine on this end. Have you installed to the main / default DS location?

ytetsu said:

Thanks for reply.