Light Dome PRO-R Official Render / Questions Thread [COMMERCIAL]

Comments

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

That's really odd, thanks for posting! It should render 7_Mix.bmp as well. You shouldn't have to create that manually. But I also notice (from your screenshot), that the fog / haze layer is gone? The missing layer 7 is really puzzling me, and I'll look into this.

Quick solutios:
    As for loading in the right order, if your PS CS4 changes the order, simply load them one at the time. First 0_Fog.bmp, then 1_Background.bmp and so forth..

Then, since 7_Mix.bmp is missing, when you have all 7 images loaded, in the correct order, create a new image with the same dimensions, and just let it have a black color. Make sure it's on top of the other images. Then run the LDP-R Combine action.

Let me know how that works!

Luci45 said:
    I have Photoshop CS4. I can't get the action to work right - it seems to be placing the wrong renders on the various layers.

When I tried opening the layers all at once, in order from 0-6, PS window reordered them. So I opened them one at a time and this put them in proper order.

When I ran the the action, the layers were obviously mis-named, so I didn't try to do anything more. I am assuming that ambient layer should look like ambient and sunlight layer should look like sunlight, as shown in the video?

And the last step of the action was to try to close all the files - it asked me if I wanted to save the last one before closing.

Edit: For some reason a "mix" layer wasn't created. I guess that's why the script didn't work. Weird. I'll try again. Or do I create that layer manually?

Edit #2: OK, tried several more times. It does not create a "mix" layer. The manual says: "Click on 0_Fog.jpg. Next, hold down SHIFT and click on 7_mix.jpg." I have layers 0-6 and no 7.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit #3: I downloaded the file again and reinstalled. Still does not create "7_mix.jpg"

(I am using Windows 7 and DS 4.6.)

Just FYI - I get the exact same results. I am not getting the mix layer in DS either. Same results with the Action.

Added to that.... :)

The Icon in the content folder renders, but the Menu entry for "Render > Render LDP-R" does nothing for me.

And Last.... My images are all rendering to a new window and I have to save each manually. Is that supposed to happen? Is the path in the PDF just what you selected as an example?

I am using the latest release version of DS 4.6.

Thanks!
    Kat

• DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

There's some funky things happening, because of the last minute destination folder location change. These errors are being re-coded right now.

That's really odd, thanks for posting! It should render 7_Mix.bmp as well. You shouldn't have to create that manually. But I also notice (from your screenshot), that the fog / haze layer is gone? The missing layer 7 is really puzzling me, and I'll look into this.

Quick solutios:
    As for loading in the right order, if your PS CS4 changes the order, simply load them one at the time. First 0_Fog.bmp, then 1_Background.bmp and so forth..

Then, since 7_Mix.bmp is missing, when you have all 7 images loaded, in the correct order, create a new image with the same dimensions, and just let it have a black color. Make sure it's on top of the other images. Then run the LDP-R Combine action.

Luci45 said:
    I have Photoshop CS4. I can't get the action to work right - it seems to be placing the wrong renders on the various layers.

When I tried opening the layers all at once, in order from 0-6, PS window reordered them. So I opened them one at a time and this put them in proper order.

When I ran the the action, the layers were obviously mis-named, so I didn't try to do anything more. I am assuming that ambient layer should look like ambient and sunlight layer should look like sunlight, as shown in the video?

And the last step of the action was to try to close all the files - it asked me if I wanted to save the last one before closing.

Edit: For some reason a "mix" layer wasn't created. I guess that's why the script didn't work. Weird. I'll try again. Or do I create that layer manually?

Edit #2: OK, tried several more times. It does not create a "mix" layer. The manual says: "Click on 0_Fog.jpg. Next, hold down SHIFT and click on 7_mix.jpg." I have layers 0-6 and no 7.

Edit #3: I downloaded the file again and reinstalled. Still does not create "7_mix.jpg"

Just FYI - I get the exact same results. I am not getting the mix layer in DS either. Same results with the Action.

The Icon in the content folder renders, but the Menu entry for "Render > Render LDP-R" does nothing for me.

And Last.... My images are all rendering to a new window and I have to save each manually. Is that supposed to happen? Is the path in the PDF just what you selected as an example?

Thanks!
    Kat

edited December 1969

There's some funky things happening, because of the last minute destination folder location change. These errors are being re-coded right now.

Quick solutios:

Luci45 said:

Thanks!
    Kat

Ok so do the fixes change this part at all....

"And Last…. My images are all rendering to a new window and I have to save each manually. Is that supposed to happen? Is the path in the PDF just what you selected as an example?"

Or is that just me setting something up incorrectly?

And thanks for the quick support. :)

Kat

edited December 1969

They should auto-save. As soon as a render / window is done, the image should be save to the specified folder. Maybe it's affected by your render export settings, although I highly doubt it. Can you check whether you get new files saved?

Quick solutios:

Luci45 said:

Thanks!
    Kat

"And Last…. My images are all rendering to a new window and I have to save each manually. Is that supposed to happen? Is the path in the PDF just what you selected as an example?"

Kat

edited December 1969

Sure - exactly what do you want me to try? If you give me a quick example of what you want, I can test and see what happens. :)

Kat

They should auto-save. As soon as a render / window is done, the image should be save to the specified folder. Maybe it's affected by your render export settings, although I highly doubt it. Can you check whether you get new files saved?

Quick solutios:

Luci45 said:

Thanks!
    Kat

Kat

edited December 1969

That would be great, thanks! Simply, when you render using the Render LDP-R menu item, you should see the progress bar and 7 images being rendered, one after one. As each image is finished, it should be added to the destination folder. You mentioned you needed to save them on your own?

Sure - exactly what do you want me to try? If you give me a quick example of what you want, I can test and see what happens. :)

Kat

edited December 1969

Oh, the path in the userguide is incorrect.
    This is the new location for now:
    user\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\Render Library

(Will be changed + we'll add the function of user selecting a custom destination)

That would be great, thanks! Simply, when you render using the Render LDP-R menu item, you should see the progress bar and 7 images being rendered, one after one. As each image is finished, it should be added to the destination folder. You mentioned you needed to save them on your own?

Kat

edited December 1969

LOL Ok it does give the Render Library as the Path in the window. (All 6 - I still have to tell it to save out. and Still missing the 7th.)

If you are fixing the PDF, it is also Render > Render Settings....(as opposed to Render > Render Options.) New users may be confused with that. : )

(Will be changed + we'll add the function of user selecting a custom destination)

Kat

edited December 1969

I did get the Action to work in CS by manually adding a 7th image as you posted.... Here is 3DU's Toon Rabbit - Using the New Surface Shader. Turned the Sun layer down a touch to keep from washing him out too much.

Rabbit.jpg
    800 x 800 - 363K
    edited December 1969

Ok, Update - I created a completely new scene and tried again.... I have files in the path stated in the Render Library location. (But not in a sub folder - So don't know yet if a new scene would overwrite it.) And I finally have a 7th file. Something was acting hokey in my last scene. It wasn't saving anything there. I tested that when you gave me the new path.....so that was weird....

Anyway....I seem to be working now for the most part....Minus what you have already found... :)

Thanks!
    Kat

LOL Ok it does give the Render Library as the Path in the window. (All 6 - I still have to tell it to save out. and Still missing the 7th.)

If you are fixing the PDF, it is also Render > Render Settings....(as opposed to Render > Render Options.) New users may be confused with that. : )

Kat

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

A new render. Wanted to try a brand new scene with a little more complexity than the single model ones I experimented with this weekend.

AtBat.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 172K
    edited December 1969

Damn, that's one hell of a cool render! Thanks for posting! ;)

I did get the Action to work in CS by manually adding a 7th image as you posted.... Here is 3DU's Toon Rabbit - Using the New Surface Shader. Turned the Sun layer down a touch to keep from washing him out too much.
    edited December 1969

Great, thanks for the typo in the PDF! ;) Yes, it's supposed to create new folders (one new folder for each render you make, holding all 7 files within), but apparently, the new folder location (changed in last minute), is acting weird, creating icons and NOT creating sub-folders. Glad you can get it to work though!

Ok, Update - I created a completely new scene and tried again.... I have files in the path stated in the Render Library location. (But not in a sub folder - So don't know yet if a new scene would overwrite it.) And I finally have a 7th file. Something was acting hokey in my last scene. It wasn't saving anything there. I tested that when you gave me the new path.....so that was weird....

Anyway....I seem to be working now for the most part....Minus what you have already found... :)

Thanks!
    Kat

Kat

edited December 1969

Nice wide view, thanks for posting! Maybe you can try placing the sun so that it comes from behind / side, that would give the scene more depth.

Legionair said:
    A new render. Wanted to try a brand new scene with a little more complexity than the single model ones I experimented with this weekend.
    edited December 1969

Ok, When the fix is released I will check the subfolder thing again. And ya, I had a bunch of "matching" icons. : D But I can get it to work in the meantime.

Thanks!
    Kat

Great, thanks for the typo in the PDF! ;) Yes, it's supposed to create new folders (one new folder for each render you make, holding all 7 files within), but apparently, the new folder location (changed in last minute), is acting weird, creating icons and NOT creating sub-folders. Glad you can get it to work though!

Thanks!
    Kat

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

That is a great render :)

edited December 1969

Gedd said:

That is a great render :)

Thank you. :)

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Nice wide view, thanks for posting! Maybe you can try placing the sun so that it comes from behind / side, that would give the scene more depth.

Legionair said:

Thanks! This is a WIP, so I appreciate the comments. I do want to add a pitcher model and possibly pull the camera back and increase the focal length, to reduce the lens distortion. I also need to render it bigger to get more detail in and lower the washed out factor.

But this was as big a size as my laptop could render without risking overheating.

That is actually saying something too. Normally there would be no way for me to render anything other than a draft version of these scene without overheating.

One Stonemason model alone rendered at high quality is enough to risk a meltdown. This scene had all of the Back Streets, two Genesis models, one Kids 4 model, and their associated hair and clothes. No problem.

edited December 1969

That's great to know! Thanks and keep me posted on your progress... :)

Legionair said:

Legionair said:

Thanks! This is a WIP, so I appreciate the comments. I do want to add a pitcher model and possibly pull the camera back and increase the focal length, to reduce the lens distortion. I also need to render it bigger to get more detail in and lower the washed out factor.

But this was as big a size as my laptop could render without risking overheating.

That is actually saying something too. Normally there would be no way for me to render anything other than a draft version of these scene without overheating.

One Stonemason model alone rendered at high quality is enough to risk a meltdown. This scene had all of the Back Streets, two Genesis models, one Kids 4 model, and their associated hair and clothes. No problem.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Funny and gracious! Well done. :-)

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I am having lots of fun with this product.

cometrexr.jpg
    1000 x 699 - 76K
    edited December 1969

Does this product offer a way to use alpha masks for different objects in the scene for separate handling in post? For instance, say one wanted to run filters or actions on parts of the image but not other parts, then composite the results..

edited December 1969

Wow, quite original, well done!

edited December 1969

At this time it does not, but it sounds like a fun feature... ;) I'll look into the possibility of adding such function but cannot promise anything.

Gedd said:
    Does this product offer a way to use alpha masks for different objects in the scene for separate handling in post? For instance, say one wanted to run filters or actions on parts of the image but not other parts, then composite the results..
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,849
    edited December 1969

Gotta love that car! GTA 4.6? ;) Thanks for posting...

Artini said:
    For sure it is a lot of fun when using LDP-R. Below is a render of Stonemason's Urban Future 4 with Cold filter and some other
    adjustments applied in Photoshop.

Thanks. The car used is the Car Boss
    http://www.daz3d.com/car-boss
  • pixelbotpixelbot Posts: 17
    edited August 2013

I tried it and everything works fine. First there where a little concern with CS2 german version. It returns a bunch of error messages while running the filter but finally the result remains the same as with the english version.
    LDP-R is a fine product! Only thing until now: to fix that issue with the automatically created folder for each render would be nice.

VillageHR_Miami_001.jpg
    1186 x 702 - 675K
    Post edited by pixelbot on
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Somethings I would like to see?

1. Night time setting

2. Indoor setting

3. Maybe some action/tints that match up to the backgrounds?

But as we've already seen by the renders. All of this is already possible, and so much more.
    Any of the above additions would be simply for time saving and convenience I suppose.

I've been adding/rendering UE2 layers and point light layers separately as well and adding them to the mix between combine action and the final filter.
    So amazing the difference all these layers can make, even when just adding 3-5% opacity.

edited December 1969

Nice artistic effect :)

edited December 1969

MBusch said:

Funny and gracious! Well done. :-)

edited December 1969

Great city view, thanks for posting! Yeah, I've tried with Swedidh version, and got some errors while running the filters too. However, they seem to work fine. What happens, is that some layers are duplicated, while adding the filters, and a copied layer is named differently in english / german / swedish... ;)

pixelbot said:
    I tried it and everything works fine. First there where a little concern with CS2 german version. It returns a bunch of error messages while running the filter but finally the result remains the same as with the english version.
    LDP-R is a fine product! Only thing until now: to fix that issue with the automatically created folder for each render would be nice.