Not So Fast! A Contest For Mischief Makers

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

I knew this game was going to be confusing but WOW...kudos to you Novica for keeping up with all this mayhem.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Who says I am?

And just wait until I grab some sleep and someone (or someoneS) have to assist on the thread to keep people steered straight.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited August 2018

Hi,

So much has happened since I went to bed last night! I was told to swap one my props for Moon Broom. I thought we had to own the prop. Is that correct? 

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
    edited August 2018

@stormlyght  Do you own the Sci Fi Cockpit Interior? I went ahead and added your name to it (it wasn't in the main list) and did the I'll Take It. If you don't, we'll get you out of it somehow in another move. 

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

@stormlyght  Do you own the Sci Fi Cockpit Interior? I went ahead and added your name to it (it wasn't in the main list) and did the I'll Take It. If you don't, we'll get you out of it somehow in another move. 

Hi,

No, I don't own the Sci Fi Cockpit Interior.

Trish

@stormlyght   I'm not understanding I'll Take It post, as I don't have you down as owning  Picnic Area Exterior either. 

This was your post-   the I'll take that, you must own what the other person has. 

Novica said:

@stormlyght   I'm not understanding I'll Take It post, as I don't have you down as owning  Picnic Area Exterior either. 

This was your post-   the I'll take that, you must own what the other person has. 

I'm messing myself up. I meant to take back the Winterblack Tower. How would you like me to proceed?

Trish

@stormlyght   It's okay :)   Go delete the entire post and I'll go undo the red in the main list. Start from scratch using a later post (be sure and read what's been done since then. I'm way behind,.

Novica said:

@stormlyght   It's okay :)   Go delete the entire post and I'll go undo the red in the main list. Start from scratch using a later post (be sure and read what's been done since then. I'm way behind,.

Sounds good.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I sort of want to suggest that for the next annual incarnation of this (if one) that the rendering goes in several rounds. Like... we start with a mock unpolished render using existing stuff. Then we get a round of maybe 4 NSF moves on each other. Then another render round with the new set of stuff. I think NSFing after seeing what they have in mind could be a lot of fun...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Public Indoor Pool   (Prop: Lifesaver)   link is wrong over in the game play thread

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Are we still paused over in the Game Play? 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I'm liking DreamFarmer's suggestion and it would be a shame not to do the contest again if I ever learn to participate where one of my attempted NSF! is valid.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2018

I'm liking DreamFarmer's suggestion...

yes Me too. It should probably be optional, and might also give Novica an opportunity for a regular game pause to make sure things are up-to-date (by the way Novica you're doing a sterling job under very difficult conditions!) smiley

I like the idea of seeing how peoples' minds are coping with the odd combinations...

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
    edited August 2018

Hi,

Just stopped by for a moment before I have to head to work. I just noticed that Cyber D Model 1 is listed as a prop in the game thread but it should be a character (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3857721/#Comment_3857721 - I added it to my list of ten extras). The only reason I noticed this is because I have suddenly been "gifted" it by @3dcheapskate.

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
    edited August 2018

The same happened with my Thursday's Child: Deaddy Bear character. I'd specified it as a character because it's a rigged figure and it's in my Poser 'Characters' library.

But Novica designated it as a prop because it's not a living creature.

P.S. I hope you appreciate having the cyberdog as much as I appreciate having She-Freak ! laugh

(and I know that Yasuo was over the moon toget away from his chainsaw-weilding kung-fu master

edited August 2018

@Novica - I'm a bit puzzled.

This NSF2 on me by Saphirewild (2. "We're Swapping Says Me"  I do not think the (Chainsaw)  Dystopian Console would go good with the Steambike so we are swaping says me I will give you the Ace of Spades Jack  (Backpack) enjoy. )

...seems to appear on the timeline (last line of this post, just after Saphirewild errponeously sent Old Hagred my way) as...

1:14p Saphirewild  Need a bit of clarification. 
    Aug 13th afternoon:  IceDragonArt NSF#7 You're A Thief to nonesuch00 who takes  BBQ Grill Collection from Wonderland. Nonesuch now must give up an item and replace an item for Wonderland.  Wonderland is no longer in the competition (never got to start.) Nonesuch gave up Formula1 Race Car.

What happened there ? I mainly want to know because I'm angling for an 3. "We Agree To Swap", and I want to be sure which of "Chainsaw", "Dystopian Console" and "Ace of Spades Jack  (Backpack)" I actually own.

Just checking in over here, sorry, swamped earlier and didnt' get to my email. Trying to help nonesuch00 get an easy way to get more NSF moves.

For the next game if we do it, those can be characters. For this game, anything that doesn't breathe are props. That just wasn't caught in the other thread and no one had it as a starting character so it made no difference. 

@3dcheapskate let me look at that post. Back in a few. I believe your current list is right. I've done so many posts I can't remember one from the other.

If we do the game again, there will be set times for gameplay, and time delays between each post. We haven't had that problem but I can see that happening. It also gives the moderator a chance to keep things current. 

With the moderator definitely sitting there doing the gameplay results, we can do it where until it appears on the timeline, play is paused. That way I'll be on the computer, doing updates, addressing any problems (such as players not owning item, not in possession, etc) and people won't be acting on bad info. Updates take about two to four minutes. I have the process down now, where BEFORE I post the update or change the Current Status page, I check to see if you can MAKE the move. (the Main List.) While I'm there, I can do the red changes after confirming the action is good/ can be done. 

Another idea is if we have a set time period, one person can do the checking on certain parts (like the character and props) while I'm checking the set, etc. Aka two moderators with different duties. We'd have a "checked" post right after the post (and again, gameplay paused until it appears on the timeline. There needs to be a checking system at the time of the post, and NO gameplay when the moderator isn't moderating. It got to be confusing with some invalid posts. Ya'll are doing SO good btw!  

So we'd compare timezones and locations, and have gameplay overlapping when everyone can be online, and some times when some are and some aren't. We'll shorten it to a two day event, or two and a half to accomodate overseas (you are a day ahead of US right? 6 hours/ 8 hours? I haven't looked that up in a long time and am DUH.

Could everyone PM me your location- the country if not US and the state if you are? I won't post who is who but it would be fun to see the countries playing in this and post that as an interesting tidbit.

She never clarified for me what exactly she meant so it just sat there with no action. The only part I understood  was her giving you the Ace of Spades Jack, when I looked at it at the time some of the possessions weren't owned and it (I THINK) involved an action that didn't match up. So we ignored this one. Does that help? Your current items are correct.

@Novica - I'm a bit puzzled.

This NSF2 on me by Saphirewild (2. "We're Swapping Says Me"  I do not think the (Chainsaw)  Dystopian Console would go good with the Steambike so we are swaping says me I will give you the Ace of Spades Jack  (Backpack) enjoy. )

...seems to appear on the timeline (last line of this post, just after Saphirewild errponeously sent Old Hagred my way) as...

1:14p Saphirewild  Need a bit of clarification. 
    Aug 13th afternoon:  IceDragonArt NSF#7 You're A Thief to nonesuch00 who takes  BBQ Grill Collection from Wonderland. Nonesuch now must give up an item and replace an item for Wonderland.  Wonderland is no longer in the competition (never got to start.) Nonesuch gave up Formula1 Race Car.

What happened there ? I mainly want to know because I'm angling for an 3. "We Agree To Swap", and I want to be sure which of "Chainsaw", "Dystopian Console" and "Ace of Spades Jack  (Backpack)" I actually own.

Thanks, "Your current items are correct" is good enough for me!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Pete it was in your current items at the time I gave you the NSF#2 I guess I didn't see the current update at the time I am so sorry.

I guess I am just making mistakes all over the place so maybe I should just bow out of the game as I am not getting how to do things the right way at all!!

@Saphirewild   You're fine. Everyone makes mistakes, including me. This is a learning process, plus we do have to deal with time lag issues, and that certainly isn't your fault :)  I'm checking things as I go but sometimes people post when I am sleeping so there's that issue. If we do this again, there will be set times for playing. I also can't do this again where I am at the computer almost 16 hours (one day was 18 hours with only two half hour breaks.)  Hang in there! 

Ok then I am about to make another move on the other thread can you plz check it for me?

edited August 2018

Pete it was in your current items at the time I gave you the NSF#2 I guess I didn't see the current update at the time I am so sorry.

I guess I am just making mistakes all over the place so maybe I should just bow out of the game as I am not getting how to do things the right way at all!!

Don't worry about it - and don't give up either !  smiley

P.S. The move looked good to me, except that I wasn't sure which of Chainsaw or Dystopian Console you were taking. That's what Novica wanted clarified (that's the "1:14p Saphirewild  Need a bit of clarification. " on the timeline - I've only just worked that out!)

edited August 2018

Dang it all!!! I guess I made yet another mistake!

I didn't see the BBQ Grill in action by Nonecuch00 as it was not in red on the main list!!! 

I am truely sorry!!!

Edited to Add: I fixed the mistake I hope!

Post edited by Saphirewild on

Don't worry about it - and don't give up either !  smiley

P.S. The move looked good to me, except that I wasn't sure which of Chainsaw or Dystopian Console you were taking. That's what Novica wanted clarified (that's the "1:14p Saphirewild  Need a bit of clarification. " on the timeline - I've only just worked that out!)

Oh ok well to clairify it then the Chainsaw was in () the the word Dystopian Console right beside it so thought it was together.

• https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3871066/#Comment_3871066

Nonesuch I have disconsolation so I don't think you can get Barbult to have it