Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited July 2018

Wyatt - This is a set of morphs only.  I used one of Darwins boys skins on him. I can't remember which one as I spent a fair amount of time waffling about which one I wanted lol

WYAT MODEL ASSETS.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

You've managed to make that skeleton dragon actually look quite cute! And I agree, the lighting is beautiful.

You've managed to make that skeleton dragon actually look quite cute! And I agree, the lighting is beautiful.

Thank you!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

I've recently thought about doing a couple of renders in 3Delight, it really does lend itself well to more iconic fantasy images that don't necessarily need (or should) look entirely real.

That's exactly why I still prefer 3DL over Iray :)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Hi IceDragon, I have a question.  I know that you store content on a portable drive (for your laptop) - and I do that too now (after learning from you).  However, my DIM install files go on my cdrive and are taking up too much space.  If I move them, then DIM doesnt know what needs to get updated.  Is there a work around or am I missing something?  

Hi IceDragon, I have a question.  I know that you store content on a portable drive (for your laptop) - and I do that too now (after learning from you).  However, my DIM install files go on my cdrive and are taking up too much space.  If I move them, then DIM doesnt know what needs to get updated.  Is there a work around or am I missing something?  

I have my DIM set up this way - on the Ready to Download page, at the bottom is a box to check that says install after download.  I have this checked (it just speeds things up, I don't have to bother telling it to install them.  On the next page the Ready To Install page there is another box at the bottom that says Delete Package Once Installed.  make sure this is checked.  It deletes all of those huge files it uses to install everything.  You actually don't need them, and I have never missed an update because of it.  Once I checked that box, it really helped to keep things manageable.  DIM will still know what's installed.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

I have my DIM set up this way - on the Ready to Download page, at the bottom is a box to check that says install after download.  I have this checked (it just speeds things up, I don't have to bother telling it to install them.  On the next page the Ready To Install page there is another box at the bottom that says Delete Package Once Installed.  make sure this is checked.  It deletes all of those huge files it uses to install everything.  You actually don't need them, and I have never missed an update because of it.  Once I checked that box, it really helped to keep things manageable.  DIM will still know what's installed.

Omg I wish I’d known!  I got Dropbox pro to put my stuff in cloud for nothing because it turned out that the dim files are what was taking up all the space. Thank you!  I wonder what the purpose is of not auto deleting. 

I felt the same way when someone told me lol!  It cleared like gigabytes of space lol. and you are welcome!

I've added to THIS post - Concering bloated files.

Coming soon from AntMan - The Land of the Iron Orcs.  Great prop set!  This shows a small portion of it, there is qutie a bit to the right and in front that isn't shown in this particular render  Best viewed full size.  You can see the whole thing on his commercial thread.

edited July 2018

Planet Killer by @AntMan This is impressive (i'm just now getting a chance to play with it.) This is a raw render no postwork, although that will get done as well. I should add that I spent less than 10 minutes putting this together this morning and I was half awake.  which is why the ship is cut off at the lower corner, I didn't realize it was rendering active view instead of my camera settings.

PLANET KILLER.png
    948 x 925 - 825K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Great updates.  Thanks for the info on how you use old DM fantasy sets. I have a number that I sort of have been ignoring but you make it seem so easy to use in Iray.

congrats on your anniversary. Beautiful sentiment about the challenges and makeups. Wishing you at least 30 more.

hey, I installed using DIM but did not know about the second checkbox to delete installation files.  When I uninstall, things just go to the middle DIM tab. If I uninstall and reinstall with that checkbox chosen, will it clear up some space?  That would be great.

Diomede said:

Great updates.  Thanks for the info on how you use old DM fantasy sets. I have a number that I sort of have been ignoring but you make it seem so easy to use in Iray.

congrats on your anniversary. Beautiful sentiment about the challenges and makeups. Wishing you at least 30 more.

hey, I installed using DIM but did not know about the second checkbox to delete installation files.  When I uninstall, things just go to the middle DIM tab. If I uninstall and reinstall with that checkbox chosen, will it clear up some space?  That would be great.

Yes if you uninstall and re install they will delete the install files as long as the box is checked.

Thank you for the anniversary wishes, I am hoping for another 30 as well lol.

And yes most sets transfer well.  I can't find the thread that details how to improve some of the ones that don't convert well but as soon as I come across it again, I will post it.

edited July 2018

Recent promo.  Thought I would start showing the raw render next to the finished product so you can see my starting point and ending point. I actually really like the raw render but I wanted to really do something a bit more stylized with a bit of a vintage feel to it. 

TESSARAINE.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 4M
    TESSARAINE.png
    1563 x 2500 - 7M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I'd be in the shade too, lol. She's thinking, "What's it take to get noticed around here?"  Love the attitude! 

Thank you!  I'm glad her attitude came through!  I still really struggle with expressions, especially subtle ones.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You are such a very talented artist @IceDragonArt!!!

Everything you touch turns into gold girly!!!!

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

Recent promo.  Thought I would start showing the raw render next to the finished product so you can see my starting point and ending point. I actually really like the raw render but I wanted to really do something a bit more stylized with a bit of a vintage feel to it. 

I really love how this image turned out. Was this post-production? Or did you use the recent graphic novel shaders? 

Trish

You are such a very talented artist @IceDragonArt!!!

Everything you touch turns into gold girly!!!!

Aww thank you Sapphire!  You guys just never see the failures lol!

I really love how this image turned out. Was this post-production? Or did you use the recent graphic novel shaders? 

Trish

This is postwork, I haven't had a chance to try out the graphic novel shaders although I did pick them up.  Soon I hope! 

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Beautiful postwork @IceDragonArt. It started as a lovely render but you've made it great and really evocative.

@Mollytabby thank you veyr much!

edited July 2018

Grace- by TwiztedMetal & Hotlilme. Genesis 3

I tried out the new photoshop action I picked up that turns images into sketches.  Just a super quick run through to see what it does, its very customizable, but the only thing I did was turn on the color for this one.  The first one is the raw render, the second is the finished piece and the third is with the photoshop action.

GRACE.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    edited July 2018

Jepe's new Doris Curtains and Poses - I just love his stuff. 

DORIS POSES AND CURTAINS JEPE.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 3M

Novica got me started on using Photoshop actions again (I had kind of forgotten about them, and they are having a great sale over at Envato, so I picked up several new ones to play with)  this is the Apocolypse Action -  This is going to be a fun one to use.  I do think it is intended for more of a landscape city, kind of image but I am quite happy with this.  I did have to overlay the girl (Cami by  FW Art and Sabby) after  I ran the action as I could not get it to not turn her to smoke or flame.  I'm sure its me lol

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

The new Demon HD by Josh Crocket.  Wow, he is really cool!  And he has three different skin colors.  Seriously, a great character.

Sometimes, I have to laugh because I never know what you are going to do next. This is really amazing! I love the way your mind works sometimes. 

Personal art. Best viewed full size

Oh wow! That's fantastic!

Novica got me started on using Photoshop actions again (I had kind of forgotten about them, and they are having a great sale over at Envato, so I picked up several new ones to play with)  this is the Apocolypse Action -  This is going to be a fun one to use.  I do think it is intended for more of a landscape city, kind of image but I am quite happy with this.  I did have to overlay the girl (Cami by  FW Art and Sabby) after  I ran the action as I could not get it to not turn her to smoke or flame.  I'm sure its me lol

I like the post on this one. It has a nice gritty feel for it that really matches the image.

Thanks @Knittingmommy!  I'm having a blast anyway lol.  I never know what I'm going to come up with next either! 

edited July 2018

Hensley for G8F

Meillyn Outfit & Wings

HENSLEY.jpg
    600 x 960 - 69K
    edited July 2018

DC Handmaiden Outfit

The first on is the finished version the second one is the postworked version.

HANDMAIDEN.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 4M
    HANDMAIDEN.png
    1563 x 2500 - 7M
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Hensley for G8F

Meillyn Outfit & Wings

I love the Handmaiden picture but I absolutely adore this!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Hensley for G8F

Meillyn Outfit & Wings

I love the Handmaiden picture but I absolutely adore this!

I agree. This is absolutely lovely!