formerly male content creation thread

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    Diomede said:

Weightmapping

Here, I modeled a war kilt for G8M with a leather belt and leather straps.  In this case, I did pay attention to details such as modeling to give the edges a sense of thickness and a clean uvmap.  I also assigned shading domains, for later dForce use.

- I modeled the war kilt around G8M base.  You can do it in any modeling software.  I used Carrara, but I sent to Hexagon to show that it could have been done there.  Screenshot shows shading domains list and mesh.

- I imported the war kilt in Studio and and confirmed that the scale fit G8M.

- I used the transfer utility to convert the static war kilt object to a conforming figure.  G8M is the source object and the war kilt is the target object.

- I used a knee length dress template for G8M as part of the transfer utlity.

- I confirmed that the war kilt is now a conforming figure and saved it out as a support asset (after applying some iray shader presets).

- bending G8M's left thigh in x rotation also bends the war kilt 

I noticed in your Transfer Utility dialog you had a Template called "Dressers Knee Length" I don't see that in my options for clothing for G8M... is there a product that covers that in the DAZ Store or did you make that template?  I've never been able to figure out how to make a template from my own rigging so I go with what ever is available or just don't use templates.  

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@diomede   You're certainly welcome. If people have questions, it would be nice if they were all in one thread, so that's why I started it. I haven't done any weightmap/rigging since then, but others may be able to assist. You know how it is, you forget things when you don't use it all the time, which is another reason I put it in writing LOL. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited July 2018
    RAMWolff said:
    Diomede said:

Weightmapping

Here, I modeled a war kilt for G8M with a leather belt and leather straps.  In this case, I did pay attention to details such as modeling to give the edges a sense of thickness and a clean uvmap.  I also assigned shading domains, for later dForce use.

- I modeled the war kilt around G8M base.  You can do it in any modeling software.  I used Carrara, but I sent to Hexagon to show that it could have been done there.  Screenshot shows shading domains list and mesh.

- I imported the war kilt in Studio and and confirmed that the scale fit G8M.

- I used the transfer utility to convert the static war kilt object to a conforming figure.  G8M is the source object and the war kilt is the target object.

- I used a knee length dress template for G8M as part of the transfer utlity.

- I confirmed that the war kilt is now a conforming figure and saved it out as a support asset (after applying some iray shader presets).

- bending G8M's left thigh in x rotation also bends the war kilt 

I noticed in your Transfer Utility dialog you had a Template called "Dressers Knee Length" I don't see that in my options for clothing for G8M... is there a product that covers that in the DAZ Store or did you make that template?  I've never been able to figure out how to make a template from my own rigging so I go with what ever is available or just don't use templates.  

My templates for G8M are probably from this product by SickleYield

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-ultra-templates-genesis-8-male-s

Sorry, I had forgotten about that.  However, I think the weightmapping principles remain the same in this case with or without the template - but the template is a great start and time saver.

In theory, I know how to save a weightmap as a template for later use.  I'll have to do some tests though before sharing because it is just theory to me.

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited July 2018
    Novica said:

@diomede   You're certainly welcome. If people have questions, it would be nice if they were all in one thread, so that's why I started it. I haven't done any weightmap/rigging since then, but others may be able to assist. You know how it is, you forget things when you don't use it all the time, which is another reason I put it in writing LOL. 

Your thread is very helpful.  I hope the recent bump renews some interests and posts in the community.  Thanks.

It is hard to keep stuff in one place.  There will be a thread on "all about landscapes" or "all about smart props" or "all about custom character creation."  Then someone has a thread to show how to do a fantasy scene from beginning to end, with a custom hero/heroine holding a smart-propped magic wand in an epic landscape.

I have one of my silly custom dudes with the same mesh rigged differently for Studio and Carrara.  Can't even have one thread for one character!  LOL.

edited July 2018

Aaaargh, flaws.

Actually, the above pic shows how important weightmapping is because that render is from before those figures were weightmapped.  I can't look at that WIP without seeing the bad bends at the thighs and the wrinkles at the shoulders.

sadsad

But, can improve with practce.

edited July 2018

But he does have a cool vehicle, if you remember Santa Claus is Coming to Town

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Cute render smiley

edited July 2018

Here is a really cool video by Vyusur showing the steps of modelng a human mesh from reference photos.  Pay attention to the edge flow.  Uses Blender but can be adapted to any modeling software.  Plus, I like the music.  smiley

Check out her channel for more videos showing the steps for modeling stuff.  yes     https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqjYcqDrlreKfgRHQ2JHpJA

And I used similar methods to model my Brash Lonergan character

Just watched the first few minutes (will watch properly later). That’s amazing!

I am currently making a “golf” shirt for G8M.  This is a short sleeve pullover shirt with a collar and three buttons. Using the Hexagon bridge.  Is it worth it to post the screenshots of modeling the shirt, shader domains, UV mapping, weightmaps, joint control morphs, style morphs, and full body morphs?  The thread has links to that info, and the last batch of screenshots may have been more distracting than helpful.

what kind of posts would still be helpful?

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

I would find it helpful, especially since one of the things I want to make is a golf/polo shirt for G3M. Having all the steps together would make it easier to understand, although I will also be going through the thread as well.

I would find it helpful too, @Diomede, if it isn't too much trouble. Seeing the process from start to finish would be fantastic and really appreciated. I haven't a clue what all those things mean at the moment ... or where they come in a sequence of production. 

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Good to see this thread with some new life. I've mostly been an observer because the new recession of male content is depressing, but I do appriciate seeing this, I swear. :)

edited July 2018

OK - I will try to post an example of a golf shirt in a series of posts broken into stages.  The first two stages are making a G8M reference mannequin that is easy to use in Hexagon and then modeling a very simple short sleeve shirt object that can be the base for future short sleeve shirts, including this one.  In a later stage, we can add details like collars, buttons, and giving the edges a sense of thickness.

Establishing a G8M Reference "Mannequin" for the Hexagon Bridge

It is going to be less stress on your memory and Hexagon will be more stable if G8M (or whichever figure you choose) is prepared before using the Hexagon bridge.  It is easy to do.

- Load G8M or whichever figure you are creating clothes for in Studio.  You may find it easier to model for G3M because it is in the T-Pose, then use Studio's utilities to fit to G8M later.  I am going to use G8M in this example.

- In scene tab, select and delete any unneeded geometry from the base figure.  In the case of a shirt for G8M, there is no need for the eyelashes.

- Select G8M in the scene tab.

- In parameters tab, under mesh resolution, set mesh resolution to Base and set subdivision level to 0.

- Go to the surfaces pane and select the top level Genesis 8 Male.  All shading domains should be selected now

- In diffuse channel, set any maps to none, and choose a diffuse color that will be easy to see.  I chose red.

- Save this prepped figure as a scene subset for future use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to show the Hexagon interface here so you can see why the figure was prepped in this way.  

- In Studio, use FILE : SEND TO HEXAGON to initiate the bridge.  You may have to toggle your apps to go to Hexagon, but it should start and G8M should load.

- I like to use the 3-camera view, but use what you like.  Notice that G8M is the red color I chose, which should be easy to see.

- Because we prepped it, the G8M figure should load with smoothing set to 0.  If you forget, you can always set to 0 in Hexagon.

- Your Hexagon might not start with the panes for the shader domains.  Not an issue at this stage.

aa01b load g8m in studio and select and delete eyelashes.jpg
    1892 x 1018 - 468K
    aa02b select g8m again.jpg
    1891 x 1027 - 472K
    aa03b parameters tab mesh reslution level equals base and subdivison level 0.jpg
    1892 x 1011 - 542K
    aa04b surfaces pane editor select g8m all surfaces.jpg
    1524 x 1008 - 516K
    aa05b surfaces pane set color choice red blue whatever hink can see and no maps.jpg
    1901 x 1025 - 616K
    aa06b save as then navigate and pick place so dont have to do every time.jpg
    1865 x 1017 - 606K
    aa07b file send to hexagon.jpg
    1899 x 1037 - 575K
    aa07c file send to hexagon notice smoothing for g8m is 0 and seeview modes at bottom.jpg
    1899 x 1037 - 547K
    edited July 2018

Worth repeating - use any modeling software that you are comfortable with.  You do not have to use Hexagon.  

edited July 2018

OK, I will now show the basic steps to create a very simple low resolution short sleeve starter object for my G8M golf shirt.  This is intended to be loose fitting.  At this stage, there is no detail, no drape or wrinkles, no shader domains.  This starter object can be the basis for other loose fitting short sleeve or vest garments in the future.

Box Modeling a Low Resolution Starter Shirt

- I've used the bridge to send G8M from Studio to Hexagon.  The G8M has smoothing at 0 and is a solid color for contrast with my modeling.

- I am going to use box modeling in which I start with a cube and then add and shape geometry to fit my mannequin.

- Select the cube from the 3D Primitives tab at the top of the Hexagon menu.  Click once on the floor to start and pull your mouse to size the cube and click/valdate to finish.

- There is a new object in the scene tab called form3 or form#.  However, notice that the new form may not be at position x=0.  Will want to fix this before continuing.

- Going forward, make sure your edits are with the new form selected, not G8M.

- In the upper right properties menu, you can turn symmetry for x axis on and off.  Will generally want it on for the early stages.

aa07c file send to hexagon notice smoothing for g8m is 0 and seeview modes at bottom.jpg
    1899 x 1037 - 547K
    bb01b from 3D primitive tab choose first cube click on floor to start drag mouse to widen click again for size and click to complete.jpg
    1898 x 1040 - 576K
    bb02b notice right side another object in my screen called form3 is new cube make sure x position is 0.jpg
    1888 x 1031 - 412K
    bb02c notice right side another object in my screen called form3 is new cube make sure x position is 0.jpg
    1888 x 1031 - 443K
    bb03c clicked symmetry in x direction see cube now has green box on symmetry plane make sure 0 from before.jpg
    1619 x 1039 - 429K
    edited July 2018

at this stage, I just intend to move my cube up and extrude shapes for the neck and shoulders

- in the upper left are the manipulation and selection tools.  The arrow is the translate/move tool.  The next menu selects by object, face/polygon, edge/line, or point/vertex.

- to move my cube up, I chose the arrow translate tool and the object selection icon.  Three arrows apear for X, Y, and Z axis.  I clicked on the top arrow and dragged up to chest of G8M

- in your properties tray (upper right), confirm that your cube has symmetry turned on in X axis and that the x position is 0 (from prior stage above).

- Extrude the shoulder.  Do this by using face/polygon selection icon and select the left side of the cube.

- In the vertex modeling menu (top), the first icon is Quick Extrude.  Click the quick extrude icon and pull the selected left face in x direction to cover the shoulder.  Symmetry should cover the other side.

- You can use the camera controls (arrows at btom of screen) to see around your object in perspective view.  Select the object and move back in Z direction to align with neck and shoulders.

- for the collar, select the top middle polygon/face, and quick extrude in Y direction.

- Use the selection and translation menu to move vertexes and edges so object is outside of G8M. 

bb04b make sure translate tool selected and item selecter and use arrows to pull cube up to chest or neck.jpg
    1906 x 999 - 521K
    bb05b use face selecter tool to select outside face left side of cube.jpg
    1905 x 1039 - 587K
    bb06b use vertex modeling tool quick extrude far left to pull face to side and see other side pulld by symmetry.jpg
    1910 x 1040 - 568K
    bb07b use camera and item selection to move cube back to better align to neck.jpg
    1905 x 1032 - 484K
    bb08b again vertex modeling tool pull up top center for neck collar.jpg
    1878 x 1041 - 600K
    bb09b choose views then line selecter then bottom left line pull forward outside of chest.jpg
    1899 x 1039 - 693K
    edited July 2018

Next will be extending the shirt down the torso.  This involves selecting all of the bottom faces and using quick extrude, then using select/translate to shape the shirt.

- before I forget, rename the "form3" or whatever to something useful like Shirt G8M.  Enter the name in upper right properties tray and the name will change in scene menu.

- use faces/polygons in selection mode (upper left), hold down shift key, and select all of the bottom faces
    - Use quick extrude in vertex modeling menu and pull the new row down in the y direction

- use selection and translation menus in upper left to shape the shirt.  Do you want it to fall straight?  Taper?  Be close-fitting?

- Repeat extrusion and shaping to taste

bb10b use selection and move tools to pull form3 away from hexagon.jpg
    1905 x 1039 - 644K
    bb11b shold do ths earlier rename form3 as shirt g8m or whatever.jpg
    1899 x 1036 - 657K
    bb12b select all bottom faces with shift select and then vertex modeling tool quick extrude pull down.jpg
    1901 x 1041 - 708K
    bb13b select points and edges and get better fit of shit to g8m.jpg
    1910 x 1036 - 631K
    bb14b repeat.jpg
    1905 x 1033 - 565K
    bb15b one more time select bottom faces with shift select and then use vertx modeling quick extrude to pull down shirt.jpg
    1892 x 1043 - 554K
    bb16b aain use select and translate tools to pull shirt bottom away from g8m.jpg
    1904 x 1040 - 578K
    edited July 2018

This next part is harder, especially for figures like G8M an G8F that are in the "A" pose instead of the "T" pose.  The thread has a discussion of edge flow, which I will link to eventually.  Ideally, the mesh should be modeled so that the shoulders have good edge flow, meaning that loops of polygons align with the joints instead of at angles that trail off in other directions.  However, for this base starter object, I'm not going to worry about that yet.  It will be difficult enough just to get the shoulder and armpit bends.  My strategy for here will be to do small extrusions in the X direction, extend the top part outwards then downwards, while trying to keep the armpit from crossing itself.

- in face/polygon seelction mode, with symmetry on, select the outer top shoulder face.

- use the vertex modeling menu Quick Extrude to pull a new box outward just a little (should be mirrored by symmetry).

- use the line and point selection modes with translate to pull the top outward and minimize the distance of the armpit move.

- repeat the face selection and quick extrude and then pull the top edge out and down, and adjust the armpit slightly.  

- repeat one more time, this one should extend slightly down the arm to get then end of the sleeve, from which we can make a cuff later.

- use the selection and translate tools to fit the sleeve to the arm and to and make sure the armpit does not have any tangles.

bb17b go back up use face mode and select the armpit face.jpg
    1906 x 1038 - 578K
    bb18b use quick extrude to pull out just barely.jpg
    1902 x 1034 - 545K
    bb19b use line seelct and pull top of shoulder out see symmetry still working.jpg
    1899 x 1036 - 560K
    bb20b select face mode arm and use vertex moel quick etrude again.jpg
    1911 x 1036 - 551K
    bb21b use line and point tools to get sleeve.jpg
    1904 x 1026 - 578K
    bb22b quick extrude face one more time small to get end of short sleeve.jpg
    1909 x 1044 - 586K
    bb23b select points of sleeve and get tighter fit to arm see symmetry still working.jpg
    1908 x 1040 - 626K
    edited July 2018

Next, create holes for the neck, arms, and torso.  

- In polygon selection mode, select the top polygon of the collar.  Delete.  This creates the hole for the neck.

- Repeat foe the arms (symmetry should be on).

- Repeat for the bottom torso.

bb24b face selection mode selct neck.jpg
    1912 x 1041 - 643K
    bb25b select the arm hole.jpg
    1897 x 1035 - 599K
    bb28b delete the torso hole.jpg
    1910 x 1039 - 606K
    edited July 2018

The next step is to use smoothing to refine the shape and create more density (more vertex points). In Hexagon, enable smoothing in the upper right menu.  Each level of smoothing divides the existing polygons from the middle of each lne to the center.  For a shirt made of all quads (4-sided polygons) like this model, the smoothing reslts in 4 times as many vertexes as start out with.  If smoothing is increased to level 2,or repreated, then mesh density goes up by 4x4 = 16.  So, be careful about smoothing too much or your computer can slow down and Hexagon can become unstable.  This shirt is very low density right now so smoothing is no problem right now.

- In the upper right, click smoothing and level 1.  Notice that the mesh does become more smooth, and an object appearsin the lower right panel, dynamic geometry.  The dynamic geometry has a litte lightning bolt icon to the left which will be used later.

- Once smoothing is enabled, use the selection and translation tools in the upper left to adjust the fit of the smoothed shirt to G8M.  Pay close attention to the armpit.  Got rid of any tangles?  

- One edit I made, completely optional, is that I lowered the front of the collar and raised the back.

- Once satisfied witht he sahe, click the lghtning bolt.
    - The mesh will be converted.  More vertex points appear.  Note that symmetry and smoothing are now turned off (upper right).

- Even though I am not going to make more changes immediately, I turn symmetry back on as a habit.

- I save the low res shirt as a base for future projects.  

Which reminds me, I should have said at the beginning - SAVE OFTEN, and use alternating names.

bb29b smoothing to one by upper right panel see shirt smooth and get some poke through also notice dynamic geometry.jpg
    1906 x 1042 - 627K
    bb30b optional i used seelct and translate tools to make minor adjustments like lowering front of collar and raising back djusting armpits slightly.jpg
    1897 x 1045 - 650K
    bb31b after lightning bolt previous screenshot notice no more dynamic but more points in shirt also notice smoothing and symmetry are off.jpg
    1903 x 1038 - 624K
    bb32b i turn symmetry back on.jpg
    1905 x 1039 - 571K
    bb33b save often should b sayingthis more often.jpg
    1900 x 1044 - 566K
    edited July 2018

Low res Base Mesh is Complete - Can send back to Studio to confirm that it fits G8M, even save as prop if desired.

In Hexagon, make sure the shirt is seelcted, and use the bridge FILE : SEND TO DAZ STUDIO

bb34b if use file sed to studio can see pogress but no detail blocky and edges look paper thin.jpg
    1580 x 999 - 366K
    edited July 2018

Short Sleeve Golf Shirt - Derived from Simple Base Shirt Above

The next stage is to adapt the simple base mesh to a specific project.  In this case, the plan is what I am calling a golf shirt, but I may not know the correct terms. Here are the extra details in the plan.

1) opening at top front with three buttons on right side of shrt and three button holes on left side.  The buttons and button holes are in rectangular panels extending down from the collar.  The sides ofthe rectangles have seams.

2)  a collar with a seam at the base of the neck.  The front corners of the collar do not have buttons.  

3)  no front pocket

4) bottom of shirt has a seam about a quarter inch above the edge.

5)  sleeves have seams about a quarter inch from edge.

6)  shirt has vertical seams on both sides.  A vertical gash occurs at the bottom of the seam.

7)  sleeves are attached with round seam at shoulder/armpit.  sleeves also have horizontal seam under arm.

edited July 2018

Notes on Modeling, Smoothing, and Bracing

Before going on too far, it might be wise to review a couple of general issues of models designed for conforming clothing in Studio.  These may not be hard and fast rules, but are worth considering.

Subdivision smoothing. - Models intended to be used in Studio are often lower res and then are given subdivision smoothing to add detail.  From the base modeling discussion above, recall that each level of smoothing typically results in 4 times the effective number of vertexes.  Although these smoothed models are not being converted and so are not a drain for saving/storing files, the resource use at time of manipulation should be taken into account.  A more important issue is how smoothing affects modeling choices.  A cube subject to successive smoothing would tend to look more and more like a sphere.

Bracing - One way to preserve the shape of an object subject to smoothing is to brace the edges.  Here is an example using a cube.

- Here is a simple cube, 8 vertexes, 6 sides, just like a box or like dice.  

- If I apply one level of smoothing, it gets rounded somewhat.

- Successive increases in smoothing makes it look more and more like a sphere.

- A brace is an interior line that reduces smoothing in that direction.  Here is the same cube but with an interior line bracing the left and right faces (just 2 of 6 possible faces).

- Notice that with smoothing, a cube with just 2 opposing faces braced looks like a cylinder.

- As more faces are braced, the cube retains more of its shape even under smoothing.  Here is a fully braced cube without smoothing.

Here is the same fully braced cube with smoothing.

-

The important point is that if a model is intended to be used with smoothing, the modeler should pay attention to features that will need to be braced.

cc01 standard cube no smoothing.JPG
    1306 x 759 - 76K
    cc01 standard cube no smoothing.JPG
    1306 x 759 - 76K
    cc02 standard cube 1 level smoothing.JPG
    1499 x 865 - 110K
    cc03 standard cube 3 levels of smoothing.JPG
    1476 x 926 - 119K
    cc06 start standard cube again.JPG
    1624 x 919 - 110K
    cc07 standard cube with braces in one direction.JPG
    1353 x 833 - 96K
    cc08 smoothing with one brace now looks like cylinder with caps at braced ends.JPG
    1434 x 918 - 122K
    cc11 now brace in final direction.JPG
    1500 x 786 - 96K
    cc12 now cube rounded edges but still a cube.JPG
    1472 x 795 - 97K
    edited July 2018

Although this is not the time or place for too much detail on modeling for subdivision surfaces, I can provide a link to an excellent resource.  I highly recommend a site called polycount, which addresses many modeling issues.  In particular, there is a page devoted to tutorials for subdivision surfaces.

http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Subdivision_Surface_Modeling

Scroll down to the tips and tricks section for ways to have circles within squares and other useful issues.  Here is a table on using all quads but changing density.

edited July 2018

With buttons and FBM distortion there are basically three things you can try.

1.  Rigidity mapping.  This bears repeating because people keep using the wrong definition on the forums here: rigidity controls how much the mesh is affected by a generated FBM (it is overriden by customs).

2.  Custom FBMs for each morph that distorts the buttons.  Nobody wants to do this because late in a figure's cycle this can be dozens of morphs.

3.  Remove the buttons from the base mesh (you would have to rerig, and I'm sorry about that) and set them up as rigid follow nodes.  To do this you select the polys on the vest where the button will go, go to Polygon Group Editor, right-click in the main window, and find it from the Assign options ("Create Rigid Follow Node").  It will create a node in the Scene Tab, which you can drag onto the appropriate bone (one of the chests or abdomens, presumably) and then import your button and drag it onto the node.  You have to save out the button geometry as a prop and then delete the library entry but leave the data files for this to work in a product, but you can use the same geometry for all the buttons and just translate it, saving polys.

A rigid follow node will translate away from the mesh with morphs.

I resurrected this old post by SickleYield because of the dang buttons.

edited July 2018
    Diomede said:

CRAPPY - but why? 

One reason it is crappy is that it has bad edge flow.  What does that mean?  Well, one indication of bad edge flow is that the polygons around the arm holes and the collar do not form smooth circles in a loop.  So what?  Well, that could make it difficult to create a material zone around the trim, or for morphs, or if the object had sleeves for posing.

- A pic shows that if you select some faces around the arm hole and hit "Loop" the edge flow becomes vertical rather than circling the arm hole.

- After some adjustment, this second pic shows some improvement.  However, it still has flaws.  For example, I have highlighted a polygon along the arm hole that could be a problem for edge flow.

- In contrast, here is the edge flow for the Genesis 2 male.  See how the loop at the arm works?  Unlike the crappy tank top I just threw together, the loop from the arm does not extend down vertically.

- Here, I made another low poly tank top with better edgeflow and that has geometry for the trim.

I resurrected this old post because I did not want to repeat the discussion of edge flow, etc.

edited July 2018

I put out a call for advice on buttons.  The thread is here.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/266586/current-best-practices-for-buttons#latest

@Grinch2901 gave some great advice on rigid follow nodes with links to tutorials.

Here's a tutorial:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4COp0PIC74

And here's another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp4x6DmDfc8

edited July 2018

OK, so I returned to my base shirt mesh.  I made some initial attempts to get the collar and the front rectangle overlap for the button area.  I also created seams at the sides and near the bottom (but not at the bottom).

- I renamed and saved the new mesh so as to not overwrite my base starter mesh.

- I used the vertex modeling tools for extract around and extract along to create more lines for the front panel.  Notice that this resulted in some triangles and some 5-sided polygons.

- I used the point selection tools and the tesselate tools to add points and connect points until restore quads

- The result is that most of the shirt remains the same but the front has a rectangular panel that will be braced for smoothing, and can have an inner area that can be extruded for seams.  
    - I used the extrude tool to create the collar by using the extrude sweep set to "radial" and then going up and repeating down with new scale.

dd01 renamed shirtgolf back in Hexagon starting from saved base mesh.JPG
    1862 x 1042 - 230K
    dd11 turn symmetry and smooth back on see inner squares braced still need quads.JPG
    1816 x 1039 - 240K
    dd22 repeat to raise collar a little more.JPG
    1824 x 1037 - 243K
    dd25 extrude down but look weird normals reversed.JPG
    1898 x 1044 - 254K