Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Trying to teach myself lighting with latex. The face is horribly unrealistic, need to use a different skin.

The massive head/facemask is by ChrisT, the corset is from the Roxana Yargowhatever chick, the boots are OTK, and the entire thing is shaded with Fisty's Hardcore latex shaders. The main 'bodysuit' is actually Genesis' body itself textured with a latex shader. Lights: IG Photostudio (backdrop too) and a UE2 sphere. Pose is by Laticis in his Watchers Fall pack (modified to bring the head up).

Looks great.. I really like how the boots came out.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

Rareth said:
    Vaskania said:
    Trying to teach myself lighting with latex. The face is horribly unrealistic, need to use a different skin.

The massive head/facemask is by ChrisT, the corset is from the Roxana Yargowhatever chick, the boots are OTK, and the entire thing is shaded with Fisty's Hardcore latex shaders. The main 'bodysuit' is actually Genesis' body itself textured with a latex shader. Lights: IG Photostudio (backdrop too) and a UE2 sphere. Pose is by Laticis in his Watchers Fall pack (modified to bring the head up).

Looks great.. I really like how the boots came out.
    Thanks. =)

Another one, this time G2F. Mask by ChrisT, same boots, eye maps from Look at Me. Pose from V5 Yoga- had to adjust the hands/feet.

LatexBend2-1.jpg
    734 x 984 - 264K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited July 2013

Few sci fi renders
    Lux many many hours due the gold material & converted lights http://fav.me/d6bvd76

I decided to go 3Delight on this one due to all the converted lights using lux would of taken a few days vs less then 3 minutes using one of the UE pre sets http://fav.me/d6bvd6p

Warning nudity

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    Here is a second Mila render

Very nice!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

Brilliant render,

That latex shader looks so real.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    more playing around with SSS shaders
    This is a scene I did previously, I used the !Subsurface Base Shader that was a freebie with DAZ 4.6 on the skin this time around,
    oh and changed the backdrop to something less busy.

This looks great, I'd love to know what the settings were for the skin.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Vaskania said:

Brilliant render,

That latex shader looks so real.

CHEERS!
    Thanks!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

One of a series of images I'm working on. I have to say of all the skins I've used, Neo for David 5 is probably a new favourite for me. Aside from being an awesome figure, the default material settings look wonderful and render like a dream without any fussing or fiddling. There has been no postwork in this image yet.

In_Hiding.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Here's one rendered in 3delight I was surprised to see came out nearly photo-realistic, in my opinion.

The figure is Genesis 1 with with some female morphs spun, shaded with the Bismuth shader from Ultimate Shader Pack and scaled down.

The base of the art piece is the vase from the Classic Deco set, with shader from the Magical Granite Shader set added.

Hommage-a-Erte.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 801K
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Rareth said:
    more playing around with SSS shaders
    This is a scene I did previously, I used the !Subsurface Base Shader that was a freebie with DAZ 4.6 on the skin this time around,
    oh and changed the backdrop to something less busy.

This looks great, I'd love to know what the settings were for the skin.

CHEERS!

V5 Bree Textures applied to Genesis Figure (Color, Bump, Specular, etc)

BASE SubSurface Shader Settings

Lip:
    Bump Strength 15%
    Diffuse Strength 90%
    Pre SSS - Post SSS 0.00
    Specular Color 255,201,169
    Specular Glossiness 20%
    Specular Strength 55%
    Specular2 Color 255,255,255
    Specular 2 Strength 25%
    Group ID 2
    Shading Rate 4
    Subsurface Color 128,0,0
    Subsurface Off-On 1.00
    Subsurface Strength 10%
    Absorb Blue 0.48
    Absorb Green 0.17
    Absorb Red 0.032
    SSS Material Type Custom (was Skin A)
    Scatter Blue 1.01
    Scatter Green 0.88
    Scatter Red 0.74

Nostril, SkinFace, Nipple, SkinHead, Skinhip, SkinNeck, SkinTorso
    SkinArm, SkinFoot, SkinForearm, SkinHand, SkinLeg
    Bump Strength 25%
    Bump Noise Strength 25%
    Diffuse Strength 90%
    Pre SSS - Post SSS 0.00
    Specular Glossiness 20%
    Specular Noise Strength
    Specular Strength 55%
    Group ID 1
    Shading Rate 4
    Subsurface Color 96,0,0
    Subsurface Off-On 1.00
    Subsurface Strength 20%
    Absorb Blue 0.48
    Absorb Green 0.17
    Absorb Red 0.032
    Scatter Blue 1.01
    Scatter Green 0.88
    Scatter Red 0.74

edited July 2013

Cool renders guy I agree Vanguard good for 3DL

A big problem http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/Island-360-383004826

9211141875_3bce522ddd_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 199K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:
    Here's one rendered in 3delight I was surprised to see came out nearly photo-realistic, in my opinion.

The figure is Genesis 1 with with some female morphs spun, shaded with the Bismuth shader from Ultimate Shader Pack and scaled down.

The base of the art piece is the vase from the Classic Deco set, with shader from the Magical Granite Shader set added.

I loved this when I saw it. IIRC it was in one of the PC weekly contests, right?
    edited December 1969

another Render testing a different Skin set with the Base SSS shader this time using the Gabi skin textures.

More_BaseSSS_Testing.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 401K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Cool renders guy I agree Vanguard good for 3DL

A big problem http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/Island-360-383004826

...mmm a little "bacon" for desert?
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...just a quick test with David5 and the Bonnie lights no background as he will be going into a scene I have been working on

Found out he is already SSS compatible (I wonder if all the Gen5 characters are, may have to update Vicky, Steph and Aiko).

Meet Prince "Daddy" Rourke.

daddy_2.jpg
    650 x 919 - 152K
  • VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Vanguard said:

I loved this when I saw it. IIRC it was in one of the PC weekly contests, right?

Yep. Lots of good renders in the PC threads. Shame they aren't seen outside the member forum.

This one sort of caught me by surprise. I wasn't expecting that sort of result from 3delight. Had to use 3delight to get that granite shader to work

edited December 1969

Vanguard said:
    Vaskania said:
    Vanguard said:

Yep. Lots of good renders in the PC threads. Shame they aren't seen outside the member forum.

This one sort of caught me by surprise. I wasn't expecting that sort of result from 3delight. Had to use 3delight to get that granite shader to work
    That's all I use. I've seen good things from the scripted renderer, but I'm not too familiar with it and need to learn how to set it up properly.

edited July 2013

I am for the most part a Lux user but do revert to 3DL every so often I prolly will need to in my next set due to needing AOA shaders to work for a set I need to create or I can hybrid in PS http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/Island-375-383453733

file_495944.jpg
    800 x 426 - 241K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969
    file_495944.jpg
    800 x 426 - 209K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

The Fight.

The_fight-sml.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 89K
    edited July 2013

Nice pic Ha ha the fire fx freebie from Rendo I have it too. Here is my fighter jet

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/Island-372-383453771

9226902377_8e75d0fb03_b.jpg
    1024 x 545 - 73K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Actually I used the muzzle flash freebie from MostlyDigitalCreations - http://www.most-digital-creations.com/

edited December 1969

Yep that,s the one I also have chris's explosion fx I used on this http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/Island-365-383453860

9226904589_056c544c4d_b.jpg
    1024 x 545 - 226K
    edited December 1969

Back to basics to try something,
    I wanted to see if the Shader Mixer Photon Mapping Camera would play nice with the Base Subsurface Shader

here are the results, I did a 10% a 30% and 100% sub surface strength renders

SSS-photonmap100-Test.jpg
    618 x 800 - 65K
    SSS-photonmap-Test30.jpg
    618 x 800 - 62K
    SSS-photonmap10-Test.jpg
    618 x 800 - 61K
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:

V5 Bree Textures applied to Genesis Figure (Color, Bump, Specular, etc)

BASE SubSurface Shader Settings

Lip:
    Bump Strength 15%
    Diffuse Strength 90%
    Pre SSS - Post SSS 0.00
    Specular Glossiness 20%
    Specular Strength 55%
    Specular2 Color 255,255,255
    Specular 2 Strength 25%
    Group ID 2
    Shading Rate 4
    Subsurface Color 128,0,0
    Subsurface Off-On 1.00
    Subsurface Strength 10%
    Absorb Blue 0.48
    Absorb Green 0.17
    Absorb Red 0.032
    Scatter Blue 1.01
    Scatter Green 0.88
    Scatter Red 0.74

Nostril, SkinFace, Nipple, SkinHead, Skinhip, SkinNeck, SkinTorso
    SkinArm, SkinFoot, SkinForearm, SkinHand, SkinLeg
    Bump Strength 25%
    Bump Noise Strength 25%
    Diffuse Strength 90%
    Pre SSS - Post SSS 0.00
    Specular Glossiness 20%
    Specular Noise Strength
    Specular Strength 55%
    Group ID 1
    Shading Rate 4
    Subsurface Color 96,0,0
    Subsurface Off-On 1.00
    Subsurface Strength 20%
    Absorb Blue 0.48
    Absorb Green 0.17
    Absorb Red 0.032
    Scatter Blue 1.01
    Scatter Green 0.88
    Scatter Red 0.74

Thanks for those, should come in very handy.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

One of a series of images I'm working on. I have to say of all the skins I've used, Neo for David 5 is probably a new favourite for me. Aside from being an awesome figure, the default material settings look wonderful and render like a dream without any fussing or fiddling. There has been no postwork in this image yet.

Great looking render!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Vanguard said:

This is outstanding!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...just a quick test with David5 and the Bonnie lights no background as he will be going into a scene I have been working on

Found out he is already SSS compatible (I wonder if all the Gen5 characters are, may have to update Vicky, Steph and Aiko).

Meet Prince "Daddy" Rourke.

Looking good!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    The Fight.

That is fantastic!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

To everyone else:

Great work as always, and, as always, you're at your most prolific when I'm not getting notifications! LOL!

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.