Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...there's going to be a lot of tears on this end as well when people see just how huge the investment will be to replace almost everything they have related to the original Genesis. None of it looks to be compatible with Genesis2.

I can say, save for Daz PC releases and stuff by Jack Tomalin and Stonemason, Rendo, RDNA and Xurge will probably be seeing an increase in business from me in the future for at least I can still use Gen3/4 content with the current Genesis.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Well, we don't know much yet, I hope things will be clarified before too long.

CHEERS!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

I stopped buying content from Daz quite a while ago 1 cause I have loads & 2 something about the way they conduct business irks me..

edited December 1969

I will admit they do some strange things, but, when they get it right they can really do great things. As I said a while back, when I got DS4 I was achieving in weeks what it took me years not to in Poser.

I don't want to bite the hand that feeds (well, maybe the odd teethmarks here and there)

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Well, we don't know much yet, I hope things will be clarified before too long.

CHEERS!

...based on the fact they have re-released the Vicky4 (not V4 + M4 as for the original Genesis) shape for "Genesis2 Female", that alone says Genesis2 and the original Genesis are incompatible.

Oh yeah, there's also going to be separate Genesis figures for Male and Female characters, just like older generations. Makes me wonder if there's also going to be a separate Child Genesis and toon Genesis as well.

edited June 2013

I dont know If i want to have buy everything again I just installed the starter pack for now I can keep chugging with what I have for quite a while. As a matter of fact due to lux's photorealism I was able to hybrid a real model (this girl actually was shot doing tiny wimin and giantess poses) so I have a loooott of flexibility..http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/9089221481/

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

We shall see....

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...Bobvan, agreed. Given everything I saved for and spent a lot of hard earned money on (including the workstation build so I could actually so meaningful work with it all) this feels like a boot to the midsection. No way, especially considering my current employment situation, am I going to reinvest in a bunch of entirely new content and figures again and especially so soon like this. Heck, they just released a Petal Fae for Genesis "Classic" and Wynn for M5 not more than a couple days ago.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited June 2013

I've decided not to call it Genesis 2. I'm going to call it Victoria 6, because that's essentially what we've got at the moment. There's a distinct lack of Genesis-style morphs, and only one figure available. Most of my Genesis clothes don't autofit very well, if at all, and I'm incredibly (ludicrously) frustrated at the lack of a basic child morph to act as an age scale. The lack of one one implies that they're either going to release a separate K5 figure and bundle (the hopeful outlook) or as separately sold morphs for V6 and M6 (the less hopeful outlook).

If it's the former, I'll save my pennies for the K5 release. If it's the latter, I'll save my pennies for Genesis 1 items because there's still a lot of mileage in it yet.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited June 2013

I really dont think ppl are over reacting. They want to remake me re buy everything again fat chance. considering v3 and 4 are still very usable its no biggie. The shoe BS all over again.... I too built the monster workstation. That and popping the SSD in my notebook I dont regret at all..

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    I really dont think ppl are over reacting. They want to remake me re buy everything again fat chance. considering v3 and 4 are still very usable its no biggie. The shoe BS all over again.... I too built the monster workstation. That and popping the SSD in my notebook I dont regret at all..

It hasn't escaped my notice that by splitting the sexes up again they might be hoping to cash in on the possible dual-purchases, since morphs for one are likely no longer compatible with the other. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I can't see a reason for not making a unisex mesh like Genesis. After all, it's already proved that you can make fantastic male AND female figures using the exact same mesh... and Genesis has fewer polygons than V6!
    edited December 1969

Perhaps Daz wanted something to shout about to lure in folk undecided whether to go with DS or the new Posers. I'm sure all will become clear in due course.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...Daz needs to offer "open ended" Cloth Dynamics (as well as now, Soft Body Physics) If they want to compete for the "undecided vote".

edited December 1969

Who knows what they've got up their sleeves, chances are we'll have DS5 before the year is out and it'll probably have Genesis 2 free with it.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...well, there is now a Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials installer in my Product library. Haven't bothered to DL it yet as it is pretty useless without the *new* (Female) Body and Head Morphs as well as a V6 bundle sine autofit needs the legacy shapes to work now.

...anyone got a spare C-Note they don't need?

edited December 1969

Oh, well that's something at least, I don't really have time to download it right now either. I will do later though.....

CHEERS!

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

playing with Vic 6 on Gen 2

vic6-test1-sml.jpg
    936 x 1200 - 167K
    edited December 1969

Looks good,

I think we'll just have to accept what's happened and reap the benefits (of which there must be some) of the new figures. I could get V6 next week, I'll see how I'm fixed...

CHEERS!

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I played around with V6 last night a bit - and completely forgot to grab the Gen2 face/body morphs when I was grabbing the bundle. Why are they not included? I do not know!

I admit, while it does seem a bit like a step backward in terms of what the Genesis genome is supposed to do, there were some key bits that I liked a lot right out of the box. I'll have to grab the face/body morphs and see if I can't replicate my characters using them. And then I shall post them! Right here, even! :)

edited December 1969

If I remember rightly the morphs weren't included with Genesis either. Daz have to make the money they spent developing it somehow. I may get what I need next week, I'll have to see how I'm fixed. One thing I'm not impressed with is that the Genesis 2 figure only seems to have 2 UV sets, they being its own and V5. I don't suppose V6 adds any to that tally!? There weren't that many V5 textures I either liked or bought, there still aren't that many really.

We'll see....

CHEERS!

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Got a couple WIPs to share... hope you like them. Rendered in D/S, with a little postwork in Photoshop.

2A2.jpeg
    1200 x 648 - 122K
    2A1.jpeg
    1200 x 648 - 131K
    edited December 1969

Pretty cool, the top one could do with more population. You used to be able to get a product called the AZL Crowd Kit that would work really well in that situation, you probably can still find it.

CHEERS!

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Rogerbee - I'm using the MOM crowd generator, just working on making my own figures to populate it. Haven't made enough figures in different poses to really populate an area yet. I'll look for AZL as well. :)

edited December 1969

Oh, right sounds like something I could have a play with.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Being a lux user makes me worry less about future DS versions that may not support genesis 1 mo rat ppl scenes *nudity* http://fav.me/d69zw57 http://fav.me/d69zw4z http://fav.me/d69zw3d

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Pretty cool, the top one could do with more population. You used to be able to get a product called the AZL Crowd Kit that would work really well in that situation, you probably can still find it.

CHEERS!

...another one is the MOM Crowd Generator. There's also one for vehicles (Traffic Jam).

The other nice thing with 4.6 is you can also reduce the LOD for people and other items in the background.

edited December 1969

LOL, Jerriecan mentioned that in his post. Certainly something to look into someday anyway.

CHEERS!

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Here's a link to my V5 vs V6 comparison for my Alice In Cyberland character model.

http://fav.me/d6a7rqc

Feel free to guess which is which.

You might like to know that the Ultimate Morphing Business Suit, Hongyu's shirt for V5, and various other items all translate perfectly to V6, btw.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

some more V6

so far ever thing for Genesis and V5 seems to work fine on her

v6-test-2-sml.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 282K
    edited December 1969

Here's a link to my V5 vs V6 comparison for my Alice In Cyberland character model.

http://fav.me/d6a7rqc

Feel free to guess which is which.

You might like to know that the Ultimate Morphing Business Suit, Hongyu's shirt for V5, and various other items all translate perfectly to V6, btw.

Not sure, but, logic would dictate that it is V5 next to V6 as your post seems to suggest.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.