dog 8 dog 8 woof woof we finally have a dog 8

12467…14

Comments

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    I could hear dogs barking right now. (wait I am near a vet office)

    Is the wolf out yet?

  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

    You know, that last promo image on the Daz Dog page would have been perfect if the dobies were flanking Jonathan Quayle Higgins. "Zeus! Apollo! Attack!" Run for your life for the Ferrari!

    I thought that the promo artist made a decent stab at recreating Higgey baby (TC's name for him) using Floyd. Now I need to find some good reference pics and go into facegen again....

  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,539

    How much is that doggie in the window?
    The one with the waggly tail
    How much is that doggie in the window?
    I do hope that doggie's for sale

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,572
    th3Digit said:

    the 3Delighters just need to buy the other product that converts shaders

    As if it was that simple....

    RSSY Iray to 3Delight Converter is a great tool, but it's not a one-click universal solution. Whether or not the results you get with it look good and/or similar to the original Iray version highly depends on how Iray materials were setup, what kind of maps they use, and what kind of 3DL shader you use as a base to "translate" the material.

  • The lab's nice, but I'm holding off until they get some big dogs.  Husky, Malamute, Saint Bernard, Great Pyranese, Chow Chow and Old English Sheepdog.

    Also want to see more medium dogs.  Border Collie, Golden Retriever, Bernese Mountain Dog,

    Ok, I'll go for a Corgi too, but anything smaller isn't a real dog.

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,559

    The lab's nice, but I'm holding off until they get some big dogs.  Husky, Malamute, Saint Bernard, Great Pyranese, Chow Chow and Old English Sheepdog.

    Also want to see more medium dogs.  Border Collie, Golden Retriever, Bernese Mountain Dog,

    Ok, I'll go for a Corgi too, but anything smaller isn't a real dog.

    I want a border collie and a wolf, too!

  • (None of that's true actually.  I'm happy to see a new dog, but don't actually have a need for any at the moment.)

  • cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 381
    edited June 2018

    Switched to my laptop since I can't see everyone's renders on my tiny phone screen. You guys are slowly breaking my will to wait for more morph releases. Especially Midnight_stories' hyena-like creatures. I was thinking of purchasing daz3d's classic wolf to use Lyne's canine morphs - I do a lot of postwok to make my renders look somewhat like paintings, so I don't mind using older models. But If we could get a wild-dog morph pack with textures and fur styles to make African Wild Dogs, Maned Wolves and other unique wild breeds - and hyenas -, I'll wait for that. Custom morphs I can kinda handle, but custom textures defeat me.

     

    Oso3d: Staffies are the best, but have so much energy. I tried to use the MilDog to shape our late Sullivan, but I couldn't get the ears to look right. Sully was a mongrel among mongrels: stocky staff body; tightly curled fluffy tail, pointed snout and half-flopped ears. I want to base the hero of my book on him... maybe the new dog will be a better fit than the MilDog.

     

    Sven Dullah: Adorable. Mine always blink with the flash, too, but makes the pic look all the cuter. I'm thinking the dogs I have now might be my last after they're gone. Pets are wonderful but a lot of work and little time to travel and heartbreaking when their time comes.

     

    Now awaiting eagerly for either daz3d or hivewire to come up with a proper Ram with multiple breeds (mufflon, big horn, argalli etc). Hey, a girl can dream... (I'm going to keep posting this until someone breaks and makes one just to shut me up... heh heh). I'll accept Ram morph along the lines of the Deer morph for daz horse 2.

    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,539

    i['m just put out\ because it doesn't have a german shephard or husky

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,659

    I find it hard to feel sorry for the 3Delight users though as a Carrara and Octane user devil

    I need to convert everything to Blended weight and manually load most the extra maps, adjust highlight and change diffuse to straight texture not a add with a grey colour in Carrara

    Octane in DS or Carrara is more work again

    but I am OK yes

  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,116

    The lab's nice, but I'm holding off until they get some big dogs.  Husky, Malamute, Saint Bernard, Great Pyranese, Chow Chow and Old English Sheepdog.

    Also want to see more medium dogs.  Border Collie, Golden Retriever, Bernese Mountain Dog,

    Ok, I'll go for a Corgi too, but anything smaller isn't a real dog.

    I want a border collie and a wolf, too!

    Border Collie, seconded. Very pleased to see this. Not the greatest of days, but this has made it better.

    Will (and anyone else who has lost a dog), condolencies. Living with a 16 year old at present, so sort of anticipating the event; still, summer months ahead. And ghosts of past dogs always around.

  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,887
    edited June 2018

    Puppies!!!!

    Okay, I'm not a huge dog person, but I've had a few instances where I certainly could use a new one (the old one is still viable, but... eh...)

    Decided to pull the trigger on base dog, Lab morph and one set of poses today.  Looking forward to more breeds tomorrow, and hoping for something unusual - like a Wolfhound. :)

    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

    Could use a Cat; not interested in a Dog.

  • Very nice but I am not going to buy it as long as daz keeps playing marketing games... Buy this and two of those during the full moon and you can then buy the other items for a discount????   I like simple sales... 40% OFF.     

  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,175

    lead is little difficult but manageable have to select each bone in strap still better than horse reigns 

    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/595931

    image

    I'm baffled that they didn't make the leash dforce o.O

    Laurie

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,659

    no visemes

    I may fudge something using the existing morphs, the default dmc and notepad

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,659

    Blended weight imports into Poser11pro and works with D3D DSON loader

  • I mentioned this in another thread, but I'd love it if we got various morph packs for the dog. Not just to tweak existing morphs, but even some crazy stuff like alien dogs, etc. 

    Gah... this has got the rusty gears in my head turning.

  • I would love to see Steve at 3d Universe, makr a Bacon 8 morph or some other cartoon dog like he did with Hivewire's horse! And maybe add a dog hero/sidekick super suit!
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

    While we used to have a Dobermann and I'm very glad that seems to be the default option (hopefully with a morph which makes the ears floppy, as ours had them, along with a docked tail morph), I'm surprised that one of the most popular breeds, the Golden Retriever, is not yet included!

    We've got one and I'd love to know if someone's creating one, so that I render a likeness of her. They come in three different colours (pale, dark brown/orange and the more common cream-coloured variation), so, it could be a product with some nice variation for customers! :)

  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

    While we used to have a Dobermann and I'm very glad that seems to be the default option (hopefully with a morph which makes the ears floppy, as ours had them, along with a docked tail morph), I'm surprised that one of the most popular breeds, the Golden Retriever, is not yet included!

    We've got one and I'd love to know if someone's creating one, so that I render a likeness of her. They come in three different colours (pale, dark brown/orange and the more common cream-coloured variation), so, it could be a product with some nice variation for customers! :)

    Fuzzy animals  are always the hardest, especially given the complications in trying to get LAMH to work with IRAY.

  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

    Looks good, and I'm working on assembling a suitably discounted cartful. Just a couple of questions.

    In comparison to the old MillDog (and many other critters from DAZ), are the paws properly constructed, with non-flat paw-pads? (This was the deal-breaker for me with the MillBigCat2, the paws had all the same flaws of the original MillCat and MillBigCat.)

    How well does it sit? I was never really able to get a good sitting pose out of many DAZ critters, the back legs always looked a bit weird.

    Some nice extra characters, I'm severely tempted by the Hellhound.

  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

    Wish they had a puppy that doesn't look like a Shar-Pei.  A puppy version of one of the more popular breeds would  have been nice.  As far as breed requests, I'd love a Miniature Schnauzer and Cairn Terrier.  I had them in the past and think they're adorable.  I ended up getting everything except the agility course stuff and the 'monster' dogs. I spent too much on the dog, plus I bought the Emission Profile Master. But I figure it's not gonna get any cheaper. All the stuff turned out to be good discounts though.  But I already have V8. meh...

     

     

    !!_dog stuff.jpg
    547 x 512 - 67K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 6,102
    edited June 2018

    A qucik trot out of the new beastie ...

    image

    Woof.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 944K
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,409

    A very positive development. I shall definitely be spending some money on this.  I'm suprised there isn't more LAHM stuff, however.  Raw Art's Bear dog and that's it. 

    Those of you who lust after a wolf, alsatian or husky should check out Alessandro Mastronardi's wolf mark two  and the add-ons by Design Anvil and CGNZ.

    Cheers,

    Alex.

  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    sapat said:

    Wish they had a puppy that doesn't look like a Shar-Pei.  A puppy version of one of the more popular breeds would  have been nice.  As far as breed requests, I'd love a Miniature Schnauzer and Cairn Terrier.  I had them in the past and think they're adorable.  I ended up getting everything except the agility course stuff and the 'monster' dogs. I spent too much on the dog, plus I bought the Emission Profile Master. But I figure it's not gonna get any cheaper. All the stuff turned out to be good discounts though.  But I already have V8. meh...

     

     

    Nice!  I don't have V8 and would have preferred the additional discount.

  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,322

    The lack of LAMH presets is a big surprise, but then, Iray only. That makes it a deal breaker for LAMH.

    Now I'm wondering whether RawArt's LAMH preset for the Bear dog will work on the unmorphed Dog 8. 

    I'm also wondering how well the skins for one breed morph work on the others, or the unmorphed base. Enquiring minds would like to know. I am assuming that since the add-on morphs require the base, they all have the same UV. Is this correct?

  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,409
    JOdel said:

    The lack of LAMH presets is a big surprise, but then, Iray only. That makes it a deal breaker for LAMH.

    Now I'm wondering whether RawArt's LAMH preset for the Bear dog will work on the unmorphed Dog 8. 

    I'm also wondering how well the skins for one breed morph work on the others, or the unmorphed base. Enquiring minds would like to know. I am assuming that since the add-on morphs require the base, they all have the same UV. Is this correct?

    This set by Design Anvil makes Iray rendering the wolf a little easier:

    https://www.daz3d.com/da-wolf-2-expansion-set

    You will need the free LAMH add-on or the main product to generate the hair, however.

    Alessandro also does a LAMH catalyzer which makes iray rendering much, much easier.  Unfortunately, this only works on Alessandro's animals at present.

    Cheers,

    Alex.

  • wizwiz Posts: 1,100

    I take it they're calling it "Dog 8" because it's a Genesis 8 figure, and can wear all the G8 clothing, textrues, etc.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,449
    jakiblue said:

    I've NEVER been able to spell that correctly laugh 

    BeeMKay said:

    Just for the record, it's a dachshund - daschund translates to something like "Trash" (Schund is the German word that usually is translated as trash) smiley

     

    ...that's why many just call them Wiener Dogs. (though in German, Wiener means someone from Vienna ).

Sign In or Register to comment.