dog 8 dog 8 woof woof we finally have a dog 8

12357…14

Comments

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,874
    wiz said:

    I take it they're calling it "Dog 8" because it's a Genesis 8 figure, and can wear all the G8 clothing, textrues, etc.

    I think it's more likely it's only because it's using the same 3D modeling technology then being a morph created from G8M/G8F.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,450

    ...ooh but a Doberman in a bikini would be so neat.  I once dressed Mil Cat in a tutu.

  • EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 576
    wiz said:

    I take it they're calling it "Dog 8" because it's a Genesis 8 figure, and can wear all the G8 clothing, textrues, etc.

    I think it's more likely it's only because it's using the same 3D modeling technology then being a morph created from G8M/G8F.

    I tested this with g3m expressions. The dog opens mouth when the expresssion has an open mouth.

  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,548

    Been hoping and pleading for male counterparts for stylized female figures like Sakura 8 for months.

    ...They give us bloody The Dog 8.

     

     

  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

    I like the idea of them, but find them, like someone else said, slightly cartoonish. They don't have near the realism in texture or modeling that their human counterparts do. It will be interesting to see what the PA's come up with. I'm going to buy the base to get  V8 free beings I passed on her when she came out, but will stick to using real photos when I need a dog in my artwork unless I'm using a cartoonish human model. I'm spoiled in this area, because I used to photograph dogs and cats for commercial pet calenders and I kept all my pet people contacts so it's very easy for me to get a dog to photograph.  

  • Grey_001Grey_001 Posts: 23

    As a past owner of 2 Great Danes (one Harlequin and one Black&White) I was tempted to get the (https://www.daz3d.com/great-dane-for-daz-dog-8), but there are 2 things for me that are a deal breaker:

    1. Two of the most iconic variations are missing (incidentally the variations I had): harlequin and black (either full black or black and white)
    2. No floppy ear version (I was against having the ear cropped so I loved their floppy ears, not to mention that it was banned to crop their ears in the country I was living in).

    Another small detail is that the lips aren't very pronounced (unless it's something that can be morphed with some dials to increase their length).
    As things are now, when I look at those renders in the shop, I can't shake the feeling that the dog looks more like a big pitbull instead of a Great Dane (or at the very least a mix of the two).

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,659

    I have been going bonkers trying to retarget an animation, I am limited to a redistributable one which does not help, the CMU walk file I used on the Centaurs with offset front legs which works fine on them distorts the dog dreadfully no matter how I try it

    so hope someone makes a walk cycle

  • ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910

    I was surprised and happy when I say Dog 8 in the shop.  I was a little disappointed to see no prepackaged bundles for it since I love to buy the pro-bundles.  But then my common sense kicked in.  While I love to purchase the pro-bundles, I haven't been able to do so all that often the past couple of years, the money just hasn't been there.  So this "make your own bundle", while a little bit more of a pain than a simple one click to purchase everything, works better for me at this time.  The only problem now is that I have to wait until Friday to buy any of the items, and I have a feeling there will be more items to tempt me.

    I am another dog owner, so am glad that the Labrador is represented, but now I need the Pyrenese.  This is simply because my current do is (supposedly) a mixture of the two.  More breeds or morphing capabilities is always welcome.

    Thank you DAZ for this new dog.  Hopefully a new cat will be following before too long.  I always hate to see the dog vs cat war that sometimes reappears in the forums.

  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,019
    vrba79 said:

    Been hoping and pleading for male counterparts for stylized female figures like Sakura 8 for months.

    ...They give us bloody The Dog 8.

     

     

     

    No need fo swearing. It's only Monday. The human figure release is always on Tuesdays. Besides, quite a few people have been begging for dogs, cats and cows for years now.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,939
    edited June 2018

    Labrador ...

    image

    Labrador02pic01_DrHDR.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 730K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    vrba79 said:

    Been hoping and pleading for male counterparts for stylized female figures like Sakura 8 for months.

    ...They give us bloody The Dog 8.

     

     

    ...it's been a heck of a lot longer between dog releases than it has between male releases, trust me on this. :P

  • EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 576

    Might as well add these thoughts here;
     

    Positive: Pawpads surface group, Good number of varied morphs all ready in the figure, good expressions available, gen8 support if a bit funny for now.

    Negative: Everything is on a single texture picture that makes editing harder in art programs, the genital morphs being on by default (rather than being something one chooses to slider on), the snarl expression looks a bit silly (lip goes UP not down).

  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,887
    Grey_001 said:

    As a past owner of 2 Great Danes (one Harlequin and one Black&White) I was tempted to get the (https://www.daz3d.com/great-dane-for-daz-dog-8), but there are 2 things for me that are a deal breaker:

    1. Two of the most iconic variations are missing (incidentally the variations I had): harlequin and black (either full black or black and white)
    2. No floppy ear version (I was against having the ear cropped so I loved their floppy ears, not to mention that it was banned to crop their ears in the country I was living in).

    Another small detail is that the lips aren't very pronounced (unless it's something that can be morphed with some dials to increase their length).
    As things are now, when I look at those renders in the shop, I can't shake the feeling that the dog looks more like a big pitbull instead of a Great Dane (or at the very least a mix of the two).

    Base dog has a floppy ear morph (at least I think it's from the base dog, and not the Lab addon I purchased.)  If that helps any.  Doesn't fix the texture issue.

  • CauriBCauriB Posts: 101

    Old vs new. I changed the shaders to my own. Old doggie looks angrier.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,939
    edited June 2018

    Puffy - a bit...

    image

    Labrador02pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 514K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

    buppies heartheart

    any geografts to be aware of?

    are the whiskies separate or part of the base?

    tysmiley

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,659

    somehow it has the dashhund HD in it even though I did not buy it, am wondering if accidently in Benji?

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,450
    Artini said:

    Puffy - a bit...

    image

    ...looks more like a grizzly cub.

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    th3Digit said:

    somehow it has the dashhund HD in it even though I did not buy it, am wondering if accidently in Benji?

    benjiheart  omgawd that 1st benji movie was a tearjerker, cried my eyes out

  • RainRain Posts: 354

    The lab's nice, but I'm holding off until they get some big dogs.  Husky, Malamute, Saint Bernard, Great Pyranese, Chow Chow and Old English Sheepdog.

    Also want to see more medium dogs.  Border Collie, Golden Retriever, Bernese Mountain Dog,

    Ok, I'll go for a Corgi too, but anything smaller isn't a real dog.

    I want a border collie and a wolf, too!

    Most definitely a Border Collie.

     

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

    Lassie!

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,393
    edited June 2018
    Grey_001 said:

    As a past owner of 2 Great Danes (one Harlequin and one Black&White) I was tempted to get the (https://www.daz3d.com/great-dane-for-daz-dog-8), but there are 2 things for me that are a deal breaker:

    1. Two of the most iconic variations are missing (incidentally the variations I had): harlequin and black (either full black or black and white)
    2. No floppy ear version (I was against having the ear cropped so I loved their floppy ears, not to mention that it was banned to crop their ears in the country I was living in).

    Another small detail is that the lips aren't very pronounced (unless it's something that can be morphed with some dials to increase their length).
    As things are now, when I look at those renders in the shop, I can't shake the feeling that the dog looks more like a big pitbull instead of a Great Dane (or at the very least a mix of the two).

    I'm pretty sure, if sales are good for the Dog, someone like Anvil will make a HUGE morph pack for the Dog to give it all the extra morphs one would need or desire.  This is just the intial release.  I do agree, Great Danes are so much cuter with their floppy ears!  heart

    Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,984
    Artini said:

    Labrador ...

    image

    NICE

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,939

    Thanks a lot, ALLIEKATBLUE.

     

  • EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 576

    Happy wolfdog;

     

    happiwolfdog.png
    999 x 799 - 2M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,939

    Thanks, kyoto kid, but I like it that way.

     

  • Does the Dog 8 have similar texture maps as the MilDog to enable backward compatibility texture wise?

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 15,120

    For those interested in furry dogs... my Oso Fur has been updated with Dog 8 presets (and promo images!)

    https://www.daz3d.com/oso-fur-shaders-for-iray

     

  • brimstoneomegabrimstoneomega Posts: 343
    edited June 2018
    th3Digit said:

    somehow it has the dashhund HD in it even though I did not buy it, am wondering if accidently in Benji?

    I have that same morph and didn't get the dachshund, but I did get Benji.....

    For those wondering if there is actually going to be German Shepherds, Wolves, and Huskies, I think these helmets from the space suit should clear doubt. 

     

    Screenshot (14).png
    1920 x 1080 - 370K
    Post edited by brimstoneomega on
  • Oso3D said:

    For those interested in furry dogs... my Oso Fur has been updated with Dog 8 presets (and promo images!)

    https://www.daz3d.com/oso-fur-shaders-for-iray

     

    Epic! I'm gonna have to pick that up now, lol. Didn't have much use for fur before, but now...

Sign In or Register to comment.