Adding to Cart…
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.You currently have no notifications.
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Comments
Looks quite good actually...
Oso Fur is odd, because it's highly sensitive to the design of the mesh.
And Dog 8 has a really solid, great mesh. If you look at it in wireframe, it flows nicely, it's fairly even.
At one point I wanted to do some weird alien designs based on MilDog... and then realized it was so archaic it was next to impossible to distribute morphs. Dog 8... is awesome. Really really awesome to work with.
My little contribution.... Ollie mix that I did a while back and Dog 8.
Yes, I bought Dog 8 and want to consider doing more renders than just the doberman. I'm holding off though on buying the others til later.
I want it, but I already own Destiny Garden's Iray fur shader. It's a good shader, but... I want doggie presets...
I had a look at the UV's and not close enough sadly, you could possibly roughly match coats but would need a bit of Zbrush polypainting
a clone shape may be easier, legs can be reposed resized to roughly match and and then repaint in UUW3D, Blacksmith or Blender
I purchased them as well and they are nice. I wonder if Destiny Garden would make a Dog 8 preset as well. Fingers crossed
Thank you! I will have to take a look in my updated downloads tonight. I really love your fur shaders.
Trish
Having some fun with "French Bulldog for Daz Dog 8" in DAZ Studio and Iray. No post work
Thanks for the input.
I guess I'll have to hold my horses and see how things progress. Worst case scenario, I'll just postpone the purchase until the next big sale.
Thanks for the info.
After reading RAMWolff's comment, I'll probably wait and see if there will be a wider selection of morphs/textures at a later date if the product sells well.
For that fresh-out-of-the-tumble-dryer look.
Just bought a bunch of the doggy stuff. Wonder what else is in the pipeline for the next few days or weeks?
Oh my gosh.
The Dog Poop Station comes with poop.
Time to reevaluate my cart priorities.
LMAO!
Rabid 3 News featuring the DAZ Dog 8
I'm not keen on dogs but I like the DAZ Dog 8, They don't bark and they don't bite.
Also the Action NewsCenter is a good model although I would have liked it if the author had included a 3 point light setup for the newscaster rather than me needing to make one or as I did use the BOSS Lighting set again.
Haha I was shocked too, I had to try weed out my cart, which was hard but after I did I was looking through products to double check and decided to check it out because I had passed it by and liked enough to wishlist it but then started looking st the images and seen the poop, it went right in the cart, not sure if it will ever get used but it would definitely add to the scene for sure lol
Had to play a bit with the morphs on the Great Dane (I don't care for the clipped ears) and I lenghtened the legs then scaled it to about 32 inches at the shoulders ..... now I'm happy !!!
Cute but I don't know how he stands that dog breath!
Looking at the main page for the base figure, I don't see any morphs for it. I would think it being a Genesis line figure, it would be like the horse and you could morph different breeds without having to buy every single one individually.
DAZ Horse 2 (.DUF and .CR2)
That to me is a let down. I don't want to buy a ton of morphs to make different breeds.
That's what I was afraid of too but I bought it anyway, just the DAZ Dog 8 breed. I think I intend to eventually buy the rest and then by varying how much of the morphs one applies one should be able to make whatever breed they look up in a reference book. That leaves only the problem of making the texture set & the fur mostly.
The DAZ Dog 8 already has enough morphability on it's own that one can make new breeds if they can texture the new breed themself with no sculpting work - only morphs & textures.
So... this is a Genesis 8 thing?
Speaking for a friend... we could hypothetically put the dog collar and leash on a Genesis 8 human?
You know, asking for a friend.
Oh, yeah.
I can imagine many places where poop would enhance the comedic value of a render.
Also, I don't know when I would use a dog spacesuit, but I also want that.
.
On an interesting side node, The Dog 8 throws an error message that it can only be used in DAZ Studio 4.11 and above when used in DS 4.8.
It renders fairly well out of the box in 3Delight, despite the Iray materials.
Think there is enough right now for a "Dogs Playing Poker" scene!
Thanks for the comments, SpottedKitty.
Though I don't think it's a french bulldog in that show, but it made me think of a old tv-show I watched a long time ago :) Jake and the Fatman it was called (in swedish it was Rättvisans Män). Just took me a while to find the name of the show, I remembered the looks of Jake, McCabe and his bulldog but that was all so took some searching to find it :)
Also have to admit i am disapointed there is no more breeds today, had looked forward for the ones that are hinted at in several of the products :( oh well, I just wait for now. Perhaps just take the base dog and bulldog, and possible some more things. We'll see. I do want all of it, but I also want to have money left so I can buy the breeds I do really want to have. *sigh*
Very versatile if you buy all the morphs packs and a big step up from the Milli dog, but in the "reality" stakes IMO no more, and probably less realistic than the HiveWire Big Dog. The HiveWire cat is wonderful. It will be interesting if Daz can top that.
Sold! (As soon as it goes on sale.) Please hurry and release a new product on or after July 24th ;)
Dapper dog!
Nice! Wolf Blitzer moved to Fox News.
I'm also in favor of both a pug and a beagle!!! :) I'm so happy with Dog 8.
I love the renders ya'll have put out showing the Dog, but now I am whining - sorry. What I am wanting for the Dog 8 is the option/ability for a feather tail - I'm hoping that is a correct term for it. I am talking of the tail that has has the fur loger hanging down off the tail.
A feather tail is going to require something like LAMH or similar.