Hole in a wall or primitive

Hi folks!

There is a wall in which I want to make a perfectly circular hole, so I can see through it. Or more generally, how can I make a hole in a solid primitive? 

How can I do that?

Comments

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

For doing that you would need some kind of geometry editor. Daz Studio isn't capable of doing that I would use Blender.

You may want to search the internet for "Blender Boolean" there are a bunch of search results on youtube showing up.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-2-5-download-version and https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-beta are FREE. Pick one, ask how to use it in the forums wink

• mlominymlominy Posts: 211

For doing that you would need some kind of geometry editor. Daz Studio isn't capable of doing that I would use Blender.

You may want to search the internet for "Blender Boolean" there are a bunch of search results on youtube showing up.

Actually, there is a geometry editor tool in DAZ, in which you can hide or erase polygons... I'm not sure one has to go outside of DAZ to do that...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

You can also do a transmap to get a hole in the wall. The geometry will still be there but you will only see a hole.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2018

You can use Maclean's Everyday Morphing Primitives.
    Use Geometry Editor or a transmap to remove polygons in the wall where you want to put the hole.
    Then load the "Tube" from the set and set the size to cover the empty spot, and the "thin" morph to make the hole the size you want.
    Then rotate the tube and set it in the wall so that the end is flush with the wall surface and adjust the "yScale" to make the hole as deep as your wall is thick. Then texture the tube and the wall the same.
    The set has 3, 4, 6 and 8 sided holes, as well. Plus a bunch of other useful primitives.
    It's a must-have if you kitbash.

Hole in Wall.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by Petercat on