It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
edited May 2018 in The Commons

This discussion was created from comments split from: The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread".

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Summer is here!  Yea!  Tomorrow is beginning of Memorial Day Weekend and the local fleamarket opens.  Yea! yes Not a very big fleamarket, and not covered.  So, attendance depends on weather.  But it's kind of fun to walk in the sun on the old airport grass runway perusing the goods.  Mostly junk but once in a while there's a gem.  I buy my socks for the year there.  The vendor shows up a few weekends during the summer and she always has the socks I like. Kitchen utensils, tools, collectables, etc.  I saw a really nice telescope there last year but before I went back to give it a second look, somebody had snatched it up.

The fleamarket gives me the excuse for a mini-adventure to drive to the north end of the lake where the old airport is, do the fleamarket have lunch in the little town diner across from the county courthouse, then drive down the other side of the lake past Chautauqua Institution.  I think I'll stop into the ticket booth at Chautauqua and get my ticket for the first concert of the season June 25th (Alexander Gavrylyuk performing the Brahms 1st Piano Concerto).  Buying my ticket from the ticket booth saves me the $5 charge for buying on-line.

I love fleamarkets. Wish we had one here. I used to go to them every Saturday when I was in Florida visiting my parents

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Summer is here!  Yea!  Tomorrow is beginning of Memorial Day Weekend and the local fleamarket opens.  Yea! yes Not a very big fleamarket, and not covered.  So, attendance depends on weather.  But it's kind of fun to walk in the sun on the old airport grass runway perusing the goods.  Mostly junk but once in a while there's a gem.  I buy my socks for the year there.  The vendor shows up a few weekends during the summer and she always has the socks I like. Kitchen utensils, tools, collectables, etc.  I saw a really nice telescope there last year but before I went back to give it a second look, somebody had snatched it up.

The fleamarket gives me the excuse for a mini-adventure to drive to the north end of the lake where the old airport is, do the fleamarket have lunch in the little town diner across from the county courthouse, then drive down the other side of the lake past Chautauqua Institution.  I think I'll stop into the ticket booth at Chautauqua and get my ticket for the first concert of the season June 25th (Alexander Gavrylyuk performing the Brahms 1st Piano Concerto).  Buying my ticket from the ticket booth saves me the $5 charge for buying on-line.

I love fleamarkets. Wish we had one here. I used to go to them every Saturday when I was in Florida visiting my parents

Charlie!

Any title suggestions?

I was this close to buying DeadPool but bought Black Panther instead.

• SaldazSaldaz Posts: 168

Any title suggestions?

The It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

oh mann bus home was over an hour late.  i couldnt make the step on to the bus.  poor guy behind me lifted me up

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

Health insurance is eating my wallet more than my daily needs!

need to sleep a bit before i start working on my noir hairy radishes scene

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Fleamarkets? Who wants to buy fleas???

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

Maybe a flea circus would be more entertaining.  I seem to remember seeing one in a cartoon when I was young.

Dana

I'm sure you're not alone in that.

Dana

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980
    DanaTA said:

Dana

What's more worse than paying healthcare insurance is that when there is a code error on their part, claims are 90% denied!

DanaTA said:

Dana

What's more worse than paying healthcare insurance is that when there is a code error on their part, claims are 90% denied!

Definitely complaint-worthy!

Dana

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

The thing about drinking water and being an artist is, you can get so engrossed in what you're doing in 3D land, youi don't realize tyou need to go to the bathroom until you notice your pants arae wet.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited May 2018

No, no, no.  A fleamarket is where one can buy groceries and training equipment for one's flea. indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

No, no, no.  A fleamarket is where one can buy groceries and training equipment for one's flea. indecision

Yep. We have to keep them in good shape to perform in the fleacircus

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

> Greetings you have been gifted $5 MILLION USD From Mr. Bill Gates. Contact me at this email for your claim: billgatedonation@xxxxxx

Oh. Just transfer them to MyBank, account 123-456789

angryneughbors with power amps

can barely hear the birds chirps

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386

Complaint:  Motivation to do much of anything still very low. Not really any art getting done at all - drawing or 3D  :V

Rezca said:

Complaint:  Motivation to do much of anything still very low. Not really any art getting done at all - drawing or 3D  :V

relaxin is good.  can dream up scenes and worry bout the technicalities later

it all starts with a daydream

i hear ice cream truck music

intervention!!!!!

edited May 2018
    Mistara said:

angryneughbors with power amps

can barely hear the birds chirps

The power amp noise will mask the screams when you send your hoard of trained assassin beetles over there to resolve the problem and eat the evidence. devil

OK, at 10:35 am it was already 82F.  At 12:09 pm it was up to 87F.  At 1:10 pm it was up to 90F.  right now (3:24 pm) it's 91F.   It's only May!!!    surprise

Dana

edited May 2018

I've officially begun my summer.  I drove up the east side of the lake.  Went to the fleamarket at the old airport.  Found a cheap ($1) collectable thingie.  Bought a loaf of bannana nut bread (mmmm. yum!) from an Amish woman who had a pastry booth there.  Passed up the opportunity for a Corningware "Corelle" 4-quart casserole baking dish & lid, (don't really need one, & it was a little too pricey).  Saw nothing else interesting.  Had lunch at the little diner across the street from the county courthouse.  Drove down the west side of the lake & stopped at the Chautauqua ticket counter and bought my ticket for the Brahms piano concerto.  After some confusion the girl behind the counter finally realized that I had the wrong date, it's not June 25th, it's July 12th.  Apparently the June performance is a solo piano recital by Gavrylyuk, not the Brahms concerto with the orchestra.  My bad. blush  And I did save the $5 by buying at the ticket booth instead of via the Internet.  Then I continued to the Interstate bridge across the middle of the lake and returned to the east side and came on home.  Nice mini-adventure.

Brahms: Piano Concerto #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD7TsD3p40w (piano comes in at 3:40; 2nd movement begins at 22:48; 3rd movement at 35:15) The piano in this piece, when played properly, is very lilting. Smoothly gliding & dancing through the melodies. I checked out several of the YouTube clips of this piece by various performers and was disappointed by the hesitant or clipped feeling of those performances. However I did find that the one (linked above) by Emanuel Ax is pretty good. But, my favorite performer of this piece was, and still is, Alfred Brendel who I heard 30 years ago at the Kennedy Center. It still brings me to tears at points in both the 1st, and the 3rd movements.  Unfortunately I couldn't find a video of Brendel playing it, just this recording.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9H6oisgQNQ  Alfred Brendel is one of those performers who doesn't engage in a lot of histrionics & theatrics, grimaces and gyrations of his arms & body while playing.  I think that helps the listener to concentrate on the music instead of the musician.  Performers like Alexander Gavrylyuk and Lang Lang are good, but when watching them up close as in videos I have to look away or close my eyes.  I don't care that they emote with their body, it apparently helps them play well, but sometimes it's distracting.

dang it the red outfit not even in the bundle  whiskey tango hotel  mann  wasted a bundle choice

mann food is a death trap.

eating a ceasar salad kit, is lettuce, croutons, light ceasar dressing.  
    this 1 bag is 990mg of sodium.  thats more than lean cuisine frozen mac and cheese
    + 10% cholesterol

put a baked potato in oven,
    read the label on sour cream and cheddar cheese while it was cookin
    the cholersterol, omg  

Mistara said:

this 1 bag is 990mg of sodium.  thats more than lean cuisine frozen mac and cheese
    + 10% cholesterol

the cholersterol, omg  

Yup.  Pretty much, if it tastes good, it's deadly.   indecision 

Dana

My right foot hurts. Just the right foot.  I need to stay off it but the problem is that I need to work which requires being on my feet all day.  I cannot quit my job because my rent money depends on my job for some reason.  Basically not work will risk not having a place to live.

My right foot hurts. Just the right foot.  I need to stay off it but the problem is that I need to work which requires being on my feet all day.  I cannot quit my job because my rent money depends on my job for some reason.  Basically not work will risk not having a place to live.

you found your own place?

you have a good employment history, mebbe try a couple job interviews for better dayjob?

mebbe try civil sevice jobs, like post office. or  job at the dmv, they get to sit a lot.

DanaTA said:
    Mistara said:

+ 10% cholesterol

the cholersterol, omg  

Yup.  Pretty much, if it tastes good, it's deadly.   indecision 

Dana

yah.  cooked turnip mash today, not the same without the brown sugar.

re-learning how to eat

heard theres good cholesterol and bad cholesterol, nuthin to tell which is which
    like, mozarella cheese ball, is it the good kind smiley

This discussion has been closed.