It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

Comments

• SaldazSaldaz Posts: 168

Found a way to get to private browsing in chrome on iOS but did not find out how to leave it other than closing the browser.

Better to close the browser after the private session anyway :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    Saldaz said:

Found a way to get to private browsing in chrome on iOS but did not find out how to leave it other than closing the browser.

True.  My computer is stuck signing out so I can restart the machine.  Arggghh!

Saldaz said:

I like chrome better on ios devices for forums like this one. 

Safari signes me out all the time (complaint)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited May 2018
    Saldaz said:

The internet is slow today and it was slow yesterday.

Perhaps you need to reset your router? https://www.nbcnews.com/better/video/reset-your-wifi-router-to-protect-yourself-from-russian-hackers-1244757571684 check out the video.

Unplug for 30 seconds, replug,   Change the access password and the encryption key.  Check for a firmware upgrade and install it if there is. 

However, if you're really paranoid, reset to factory original and reprogram it but be sure save your settings into a file before resetting otherwise you'll have to reprogram it manually instead of just loading your settings file.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited May 2018
    Saldaz said:

Perhaps you need to reset your router? https://www.nbcnews.com/better/video/reset-your-wifi-router-to-protect-yourself-from-russian-hackers-1244757571684 check out the video.

Unplug for 30 seconds, replug,   Change the access password and the encryption key.  Check for a firmware upgrade and install it if there is. 

However, if you're really paranoid, reset to factory original and reprogram it but be sure save your settings into a file before resetting otherwise you'll have to reprogram it manually instead of just loading your settings file.

Oh you were not talking to me.

edit it is too late to stop resetting the computer but you said router.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Bright yellow sun perched on city skyline like a beach ball tossed too high feels good on my face after a few miserable days in the grip of a cold virus, is suddenly wintery here after an autumn so warm our roses are still in bloom and treetops are only now turning rusty brown :)

ps1borg said:

Morning. Bright yellow sun perched on city skyline like a beach ball tossed too high feels good on my face after a few miserable days in the grip of a cold virus, is suddenly wintery here after an autumn so warm our roses are still in bloom and treetops are only now turning rusty brown :)

I do not want to get up I mean go to bed yet.  

Morana said:
    McGyver said:

Complaint:  I just received a phone call from a robot telling me that my iCloud account had been hacked and that I should call <phone number> to get instructions.  I don't have an iCloud account. cheeky  I am alergic to clouds. devil  But I worry about people who get taken in by this scam.  And I suspect I might be getting some calls from a few of my customers with tales of woe about what happened after they called and followed the instructions.  I warn them to never believe phone calls or screen pop-ups from other than their Norton or MalwareBytes software that I installed for them.  But some of them get confused and scare easily. 

Did you ever get the phone message that the "The Department of U.S. Revenue Police" are coming to arrest you and your family for nonpayment of your "U.S. Federal tax", but if you send them payment they will not be sent?

Its really kinda funny actually... It's really badly worded and clearly the person who scripted it has only a cursory knowledge of The U.S. and basic terminology... Never mind grammar... It's like reading a really poorly translated set of instructions or the ad text on a 99¢ store product...

But the person goes on that "the local magistrate has determined you have been dishonest in your assessments and the tax court have authorized the revenue police to arrest you and your family if payment is not made in 24 hours"

Like, so... Are they on the way or is it in 24 hours?... Or are they are on the way, but they drive really slow... Or maybe they are just gonna wait on the lawn for 24 hours?

You really have hash this stuff out before you try to scam people.

Total F- on effort and execution.

Sadly some people are dumb or senile enough to fall for it.

Sounds about as well created as the Revenue Canada phone calls I keep getting.  I'm STILL waiting to be arrested.

Had a few phone calls from the internet police wanting cash for damaging their network. Thinking of dumping fixed line and phone book listing altogether :)

Hot and humid weather in May.  Yuck.

Turning cold here. Finally :)

Mistara said:

nice man lifted me on to the bus this morning.  wheee

old bus, big steps.  bus stopped too far from the curb, was a bigger step up than usual.

nature's promise flour tortilla, 1 has 480mg sodium. >.< i ate 2 last night.

Supposed to start working next week so hoping for some kindness rolling my way cos don’t think i’ll Be able to ;)

I took a sleepy pill so hopefully will be asleep in an hour or so.

Saldaz said:
    Saldaz said:

I like chrome better on ios devices for forums like this one. 

Safari signes me out all the time (complaint)

Not having that issue iOS 11.3.1 there is a checkbox to ‘keep me logged in”  if you login from the my account icon screen top right :)

ps1borg said:

Can’t possibly spend any more time in bed right now :0

ps1borg said:

ps1borg said:

Can’t possibly spend any more time in bed right now :0

I need sleep for work tomorrow as I have not slept in 13 hours or so.  Or almost 14 hours since it is almost 8 pm.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

old bus, big steps.  bus stopped too far from the curb, was a bigger step up than usual.

Supposed to start working next week so hoping for some kindness rolling my way cos don’t think i’ll Be able to ;)

some rest and recover time in the garden?

Saldaz said:

Don't tell me you've done all that to your computer? surprisefrown  I did say "Check out the video". enlightened

Saldaz said:

Don't tell me you've done all that to your computer? surprisefrown  I did say "Check out the video". enlightened

I am resetting my computer as it has been acting slow. I think it takes forever so hopefully will not have to do it anytime soon.  Wait I guess there was an easier way to do it so I did not have to reset it.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

liking rezca;s idea,  dragons and biguanna do need jewelry and accessories.  

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,389
    edited May 2018
    Mistara said:

liking rezca;s idea,  dragons and biguanna do need jewelry and accessories.  

Yes <3

Like so:

68708549_p33_master1200.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 695K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    ps1borg said:
    Morana said:
    McGyver said:

Complaint:  I just received a phone call from a robot telling me that my iCloud account had been hacked and that I should call <phone number> to get instructions.  I don't have an iCloud account. cheeky  I am alergic to clouds. devil  But I worry about people who get taken in by this scam.  And I suspect I might be getting some calls from a few of my customers with tales of woe about what happened after they called and followed the instructions.  I warn them to never believe phone calls or screen pop-ups from other than their Norton or MalwareBytes software that I installed for them.  But some of them get confused and scare easily. 

Did you ever get the phone message that the "The Department of U.S. Revenue Police" are coming to arrest you and your family for nonpayment of your "U.S. Federal tax", but if you send them payment they will not be sent?

Its really kinda funny actually... It's really badly worded and clearly the person who scripted it has only a cursory knowledge of The U.S. and basic terminology... Never mind grammar... It's like reading a really poorly translated set of instructions or the ad text on a 99¢ store product...

But the person goes on that "the local magistrate has determined you have been dishonest in your assessments and the tax court have authorized the revenue police to arrest you and your family if payment is not made in 24 hours"

Like, so... Are they on the way or is it in 24 hours?... Or are they are on the way, but they drive really slow... Or maybe they are just gonna wait on the lawn for 24 hours?

Sounds about as well created as the Revenue Canada phone calls I keep getting.  I'm STILL waiting to be arrested.

Had a few phone calls from the internet police wanting cash for damaging their network. Thinking of dumping fixed line and phone book listing altogether :)

They call cell phones, too.

Dana

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Complaint:  had 4 days off in a row- and non stop Daz issues so I didn't get any renders done.

Non complaint: instead of working on my renders I finally got some writing done.

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

Cold and breezy here in San Francisco. Winter never left!

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Gave myself a treat.
    Ate at Chik-fil-A today.
    Long line, as always.
    Young Goth couple in line behind me noticed my cane,
    offered to place my order for me if I wanted to sit down.
    They brought my order and change, sat with me, we had a great conversation.
    Kids today. Whatchya gonna do?

Saldaz said:

I will try that

Mistara said:
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

some rest and recover time in the garden?

Hope it is sunny, we got some weather happening. Negotiated start next Thursday, have to prep so next Wednesday really.

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morana said:
    McGyver said:

Dana

No escape complaint :)

Petercat said:

Gave myself a treat.
    Ate at Chik-fil-A today.
    Long line, as always.
    Young Goth couple in line behind me noticed my cane,
    offered to place my order for me if I wanted to sit down.
    They brought my order and change, sat with me, we had a great conversation.
    Kids today. Whatchya gonna do?

heart

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morana said:
    McGyver said:

Dana

That is my reason for changing my phone number.  The wrong people had it.

edited May 2018

Last day of May!  Where does the time go?

Complaint:  Arghhhh..., last night I received an email invitation to an on-line auction.  Upon perusing the offerings I found a pair of Chinese jade trees.  I've been looking for one but they don't come up very often and if they do they're either junk or very expensive ($300 - $500+).  These don't look like the best quality nor do they look like cheap junk, and the suggested value is only $100 - $150.  Bidding starts at $50.  So, now I have to spend tonight glued to the computer watching for those trees to come to the block.  If I can get them for less than $100 I can scratch one more thing off of my bucket list but it plays havoc with my budget this month. frown  Here's hoping I'm outbid. indecision

If I ever get a jade tree I'm planning on incorporating it into a little scene under a glass dome along with my little rose quartz hummingbird. heart (Rose quartz body, jade beak, obsidian eyes, gold plated wire legs, amythyst geode mount, small agate geode nest with pearl eggs & one 14k gold egg)

RoseQuartzHummingbird.jpg
    800 x 600 - 49K
    PairOfJadeTrees.jpg
    1600 x 1247 - 158K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

My coffee is not sweet enough.  It is not bitter but I think it could have more flavor.

This discussion has been closed.