It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Complaint:  I just received a phone call from a robot telling me that my iCloud account had been hacked and that I should call <phone number> to get instructions.  I don't have an iCloud account. cheeky  I am alergic to clouds. devil  But I worry about people who get taken in by this scam.  And I suspect I might be getting some calls from a few of my customers with tales of woe about what happened after they called and followed the instructions.  I warn them to never believe phone calls or screen pop-ups from other than their Norton or MalwareBytes software that I installed for them.  But some of them get confused and scare easily. 

Did you ever get the phone message that the "The Department of U.S. Revenue Police" are coming to arrest you and your family for nonpayment of your "U.S. Federal tax", but if you send them payment they will not be sent?

Its really kinda funny actually... It's really badly worded and clearly the person who scripted it has only a cursory knowledge of The U.S. and basic terminology... Never mind grammar... It's like reading a really poorly translated set of instructions or the ad text on a 99¢ store product...

But the person goes on that "the local magistrate has determined you have been dishonest in your assessments and the tax court have authorized the revenue police to arrest you and your family if payment is not made in 24 hours"

Like, so... Are they on the way or is it in 24 hours?... Or are they are on the way, but they drive really slow... Or maybe they are just gonna wait on the lawn for 24 hours?

You really have hash this stuff out before you try to scam people.

Total F- on effort and execution.

Sadly some people are dumb or senile enough to fall for it.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    Mistara said:

tee hee would like to see a bronies parade heartangeldevil

trying an experiment.
    baking a potato wrapped in tinfoil
    trying 1 without the foil  surprise

The regular oven... Right?

Don't put that in the microwave... Especially not if its one if those big Idaho baking potatoes... 

You can rip a hole in the fabric of space or warp local time-space so that alternate realities overlap with ours... Well, at least with microwaves over 1400 watts... Smaller ones just make sparks and the potato explodes.

I tried that in 1986 and boy that was a mess... Totally changed history, and there is no longer any record of the continent Poseidonia.

Its kinda sad, because the food was pretty good... Like Greek-Thai, but with more coconut.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    McGyver said:

Complaint:  I just received a phone call from a robot telling me that my iCloud account had been hacked and that I should call <phone number> to get instructions.  I don't have an iCloud account. cheeky  I am alergic to clouds. devil  But I worry about people who get taken in by this scam.  And I suspect I might be getting some calls from a few of my customers with tales of woe about what happened after they called and followed the instructions.  I warn them to never believe phone calls or screen pop-ups from other than their Norton or MalwareBytes software that I installed for them.  But some of them get confused and scare easily. 

Did you ever get the phone message that the "The Department of U.S. Revenue Police" are coming to arrest you and your family for nonpayment of your "U.S. Federal tax", but if you send them payment they will not be sent?

Its really kinda funny actually... It's really badly worded and clearly the person who scripted it has only a cursory knowledge of The U.S. and basic terminology... Never mind grammar... It's like reading a really poorly translated set of instructions or the ad text on a 99¢ store product...

But the person goes on that "the local magistrate has determined you have been dishonest in your assessments and the tax court have authorized the revenue police to arrest you and your family if payment is not made in 24 hours"

Like, so... Are they on the way or is it in 24 hours?... Or are they are on the way, but they drive really slow... Or maybe they are just gonna wait on the lawn for 24 hours?

shows how deeply fear of irs is ingrained

i hear the commercial "do you owe the irs 10,000 $ or more?" on the radio

no ones lolling my udderly joke
    tis it that old a joke?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Mistara said:

no ones lolling my udderly joke
    tis it that old a joke?

Didn't see it.

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

I am so glad that Daz Studio is no longer tell ware.

Did you know that there is a cake called Kitty Litter Cake?

I am trying to think of a scene to render in a bedroom, but not a steamy bedroom scene that is against the TOS to show.  I am trying to picture a render that is good.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

I.

Spent.

Too.

Much.

GAAAAAAH!

I.

Spent.

Too.

Much.

GAAAAAAH!

Where? on what?

(Drip) There is a leak in the ceiling in the room I am in.(drip)  It is getting annoying.  drip, drip, drip, drip I know it is raining (drip)  actually it is dumping (drip)

I.

Spent.

Too.

Much.

GAAAAAAH!

Where? on what?

Gym membsership, water filtrr, 64oz jug, and...DAZ STUFFS.

Darn it, DAZ. Youi know it's rude to grin smugly  at poor people. ::pout::

(Drip) There is a leak in the ceiling in the room I am in.(drip)  It is getting annoying.  drip, drip, drip, drip I know it is raining (drip)  actually it is dumping (drip)

Get out! It wll fill up slowly and you'll drown!

I think I have a dollar credit for a kindle book.  It seems so hard to find the right dollar book that will fit four categories; category 1: a dollar or less Category 2: must be sold by Amazon category 3: must not have purchased it yet Category 4: most likely will read it in the near future.  Optional Categories include Category 5: not in Kindle unlimited, category 6: have audible companion Category 7 is a challenging one which is I have the said audible book companion for the said book.  Audible changed their library page to not include which books have kindle companions that are not owned yet.

Okay Wifi just went down after a brown out before I could post this so I will continue on the optional categories.  Category 8 I would like it to be urban fantasy or science fiction.  Category 9 I would like it be young adult or new adult book  Category 10 It can be book 1 of a new series I have not read yet  Category 11 a book that is not the first book of a series.  Category 12 has to have good reviews mostly category 13; must be a fun book to read

Well wifi is back up so good.

is it possible to type chapter on a kindle?  can kindle keyboard handle full finger typing, as in qwerty not 2 thumbs?

i was on the bus this morning, a whole chapter played in my head.  didn't have a pen and paper, and is hard to type from pen and  paper these days.

i betta type it up before i forget.  mermaid vixens. smiley

• McGyver said:

Sounds about as well created as the Revenue Canada phone calls I keep getting.  I'm STILL waiting to be arrested.

Mistara said:

is it possible to type chapter on a kindle?  can kindle keyboard handle full finger typing, as in qwerty not 2 thumbs?

i was on the bus this morning, a whole chapter played in my head.  didn't have a pen and paper, and is hard to type from pen and  paper these days.

Which kindle do you have?  There is more than one type of kindle.  I have a kindle ereader which I cannot type a story on, but I guess a kindle fire can be used that way.

• SaldazSaldaz Posts: 168

I.

Spent.

Too.

Much.

GAAAAAAH!

was the memorial day sale hard on the wallet?

I hate it when I was promised one thing for free but then no one is willing to say sorry we messed up.  Instead I am told to talk to someone else.

Mistara said:

Which kindle do you have?  There is more than one type of kindle.  I have a kindle ereader which I cannot type a story on, but I guess a kindle fire can be used that way.

was shopping for a kindle, cuz the ipad too expensive.

complainnnt  i searched the daz store for a ferret,  it showed me ferris wheels.  wahhhh  at least they werent the giant ones that can tip over and drown me washed out to sea

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited May 2018
    Mistara said:

complainnnt  i searched the daz store for a ferret,  it showed me ferris wheels.  wahhhh  at least they werent the giant ones that can tip over and drown me washed out to sea

How about a free one courtesy of Adam Thwaites?

https://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_67.htm

Post edited by TJohn on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

Hot and humid weather in May.  Yuck.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391

Complaint:  After four straight nights of poor night sleeping, I finally get to sleep fairly early but of course, I still wake up a few hours later. I'm still feeling sleepy but can't really get back to sleep. That was a few hours ago. Still haven't gotten back to sleep, so decided that I wasn't going to at this point and so got out of bed to mess around on my computer.

Non-Complaint:  Got invited to the closed beta of a game I'd been looking forward to though aaaaaaa I'm so excite

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

Air conditioning part of my HVAC conked out yesterday, bad fan motor. The repair guy said he should have a new one to put in this afternoon, so keeping my fingers crossed (makes typing difficult though).

Luckily the weather hasn't been as hot because of rain.

My computer has been slow so I rebooted it and it is taking forever to reboot complaint.

nice man lifted me on to the bus this morning.  wheee

old bus, big steps.  bus stopped too far from the curb, was a bigger step up than usual.

nature's promise flour tortilla, 1 has 480mg sodium. >.< i ate 2 last night.

harp music heart

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited May 2018

Non-complaint:  I found* a little over $100 today!  Yea! smileyyes

My meticulous spreadsheet of my meager financial status was worrying me because it predicted (as the final bottom line of my status) that I would have a small negative balance in my checking account if paid off my credit cards as I usually do at the end of the month. sad   (And this was after I'd already had to withdraw $100 from savings and put it back into checking. crying)  But today when I was checking on-line to see the balance of one of my credit cards it claimed that I owed them a little over $100 LESS than my spreadsheet said. surprise  Experence tells me that they are usually right and I am usually wrong so I set about trying to figure out where my tired old brain screwed up (again).  After about 15 minutes I found an error when I'd tried to edit my spreadsheet to extend a column of figures that had had too many entries this month.  I fixed the extension error and I adjusted a boogered amount field and ta-da, my credit card balance matches theirs and the final bottom line of my financial status again became $90+ positive.  Now, I just have to avoid on-line auctions, real-life auctions, DAZ purchases, non-frugal mini-adventures, and grocery store splurging for the next three weeks until I get my next SS check, and I can stay in the black. frown

* Perhaps "unlost" is a better word.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SaldazSaldaz Posts: 168

The internet is slow today and it was slow yesterday.

Found a way to get to private browsing in chrome on iOS but did not find out how to leave it other than closing the browser.

This discussion has been closed.