It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

I cut myself while shaving this morning. I bleed a little too much complaint.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited June 2018

Complaint:  What does one do when one's food at a restaurant is not as one expected?  Picture it:  Lunch, large nice lakeside restaurant & bar with long local history, not cheap, asked if I wanted my burger "pink or not pink", I replied "well". I was then asked if I wanted mayonaise, I replied "No mayonaise".  The wait was long despite a nearly empty room.  What I got was a burned burger that was a charcoal lover's delight , a tough dried out bun that had to be sawed with a serrated knife, and was slathered with mayonaise.  Really not happy at all, yet I did nothing except take the top bun off and force my way through 1/2 of the burger and bottom bun.  frown

When I paid with my credit card I did not leave a tip and wrote "no tip for chef" on the receipt.  The young, obviously inexperienced, server at the counter appologized profusely but I didn't blame him and actually handed him a small cash tip to make sure he didn't have to share it with the chef. indecision

Perhaps I should have replied "not pink" but perhaps they should ask "pink or not pink", burned or not burned"?  Or perhaps they should just learn what  "rare", "medium", "well" means like it has for at least my entire 70 years.  rare = bloody, medium = pink in center, well = not pink, not burned.  Mumble, grumble...

Additional complaint:  I first sat at the counter about 4 seats away from two men.  One was an alpha and was talking to his single captive audience quite loudly & incessantly, he obviously knew everything about anything and loved hearing himself talk and wanted everybody in the room to know it.  I finally asked the counter server to move my meal to the far side of the "U" shaped bar as far away from the talking as I could get.  It was better but I still heard far more about stocks, politics, and how to deal with women than I wanted to. 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I am trying to do too much on this computer so it is being slow.  I am downloading Adobe, and installing Autodesk while trying to install my Carrara content via DIM.  I am also browing the web in different browsers.

Now my roommate is up and she is back to talking to herself.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Complaint:  What does one do when one's food at a restaurant is not as one expected?  Picture it:  Lunch, large nice lakeside restaurant & bar with long local history, not cheap, asked if I wanted my burger "pink or not pink", I replied "well". I was then asked if I wanted mayonaise, I replied "No mayonaise".  The wait was long despite a nearly empty room.  What I got was a burned burger that was a charcoal lover's delight , a tough dried out bun that had to be sawed with a serrated knife, and was slathered with mayonaise.  Really not happy at all, yet I did nothing except take the top bun off and force my way through 1/2 of the burger and bottom bun.  frown

When I paid with my credit card I did not leave a tip and wrote "no tip for chef" on the receipt.  The young, obviously inexperienced, server at the counter appologized profusely but I didn't blame him and actually handed him a small cash tip to make sure he didn't have to share it with the chef. indecision

Perhaps I should have replied "not pink" but perhaps they should ask "pink or not pink", burned or not burned"?  Or perhaps they should just learn what  "rare", "medium", "well" means like it has for at least my entire 70 years.  rare = bloody, medium = pink in center, well = not pink, not burned.  Mumble, grumble...

Additional complaint:  I first sat at the counter about 4 seats away from two men.  One was an alpha and was talking to his single captive audience quite loudly & incessantly, he obviously knew everything about anything and loved hearing himself talk and wanted everybody in the room to know it.  I finally asked the counter server to move my meal to the far side of the "U" shaped bar as far away from the talking as I could get.  It was better but I still heard far more about stocks, politics, and how to deal with women than I wanted to. 

alpha werewolf?

Adobe is finished being downloaded but still need to wait till Autodesk finish installing before installing Adobe.

would it really be so bad to use the same insulin pen needle 2 days in a row?

pen the doctor gave me only came with 14.  the box of new needles is 40 bucks.  the pen is 160.  4 times a yyear.  - complaint.  no wanna blow 200 bucks 4 times a year.  consumer driven health plans suuuuuuuck

It is 4pm now on Sunday, June 3, 2018!  Where did the time go?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited June 2018

Into the time-space continuum

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

sundae at lasr  time catching up

tardis travel

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Adobe is finished being downloaded but still need to wait till Autodesk finish installing before installing Adobe.

You're installing the entire company?   laugh 

Dana

edited June 2018

Is the time-space continuum moving or are we? surprise  It's probably all relative. indecision

I think we all say "continuum" as <con-tin-you-um> so ...

Query:  How do you say "vacuum" <vak-youm>? Or <vac-you-um>?

Query:  If the the British say "clerk" as <klark> do they say "jerk" as <jark>?  And should "berry" be <bear-ee> or should it <ber-ee>.  And what about "bury"?  <bear-ee>, <ber-ee> or <boor-ee>  I'm sooo confused. frown

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Is the time-space continuum moving or are we? surprise  It's probably all relative. indecision

The time-space continuum is a slide show...it fools our brains into thinking that we are moving through it.   laugh

Dana

DanaTA said:

You're installing the entire company?   laugh 

Dana

Yeah but first I am starting with Maya.

edited June 2018

I like Zbrush 2018 as I can easily redownload it without having to look through all my backups.

edit: how do I update my address and phone number at pizologic?

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    Mistara said:

pen the doctor gave me only came with 14.  the box of new needles is 40 bucks.  the pen is 160.  4 times a yyear.  - complaint.  no wanna blow 200 bucks 4 times a year.  consumer driven health plans suuuuuuuck

That isn't something I'd recommend. Two things happen when you use a needle: 1) it gets dirty - the air, your hands, your skin, etc. 2) it gets dull, quickly. (very, very quckly). You can't see it dull, but, you will feel it. I'd speak with your doctor about assistance plans. Many of the pharma companies will underwrite your costs. I don't know who, where, and by how much, but you have to ask (and ask again).

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Having worked in fine dining for many years, I could never understand the trained chef's disdain for any meat cooked 'well done', but I'll tell you that it is a real thing! Many chefs, even and perhaps especially, at very expensive resteraunts will burn a well done order on purpose, I've seen it soooo many times. I've never worked where they serve burgers, but with filets and the like, it's best to ask for it to be butterflied.

Non complaint: spent the whole day immersed in the latest Stormlight Archives book, that's luxury... an entire day to do nothing but read!

Complaint:  I have a pair of reading glasses that sit here next to my computer.  I don't use them anywhere else in the house, they never leave this desk.  They go on my head when I sit down, and come off before I get up.  I never handle them except by the ear bars.  Yet, the lenses do not remain clean. I clean them most carefully with soap & water and dry properly, then after a couple of days they have greasy smears and spots on them. frown  Is the grease jumping off  my face onto them out of pure maliciousness? angry

• SaldazSaldaz Posts: 168

wekend is over

edited June 2018

Having worked in fine dining for many years, I could never understand the trained chef's disdain for any meat cooked 'well done', but I'll tell you that it is a real thing! Many chefs, even and perhaps especially, at very expensive resteraunts will burn a well done order on purpose, I've seen it soooo many times. I've never worked where they serve burgers, but with filets and the like, it's best to ask for it to be butterflied.

Non complaint: spent the whole day immersed in the latest Stormlight Archives book, that's luxury... an entire day to do nothing but read!

Yeah, I'm aware of that quirk of chefs. sad I always order good meat medium or medium rare, but hamburg I always order well.  There have been too many e coli poisonings.  Too easy for "frugal" restaurants to keep it just a bit too long in the 'fridge (or out of it).  But despite the long honorable tradition of this particular lakeside restaurant, the food has always been just OK.  I would not classifiy this place as "fine" dining but $18 for a hamburger is not cheap. indecision If I go there again, (I'll probably have to, there aren't that many places to eat around here that are not franchises) I'll make more of a fuss about how I'd like my meat cooked and make a noticeable stink if it isn't right.  devil  The young kid serving behind the bar was trying, but I could see it was probably his first day on the job so I gave him some slack for his minor flubs.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

My internet connection went down for 30 minutes.  The connection is up but now the websites are loading slowly.

edited June 2018

nostalgic feeling for zelda ocarina of time.  theme music brought it on

Post edited by Mistara on

frustrated efforts to make dragon3 kingly lookin.  4am doh

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Mistara said:

alpha werewolf?

I’ve been with people who send the plate back to the kitchen for a do-over ;0 can’t recall doing that myself :)

Query:  If the the British say "clerk" as <klark> do they say "jerk" as <jark>?  And should "berry" be <bear-ee> or should it <ber-ee>.  And what about "bury"?  <bear-ee>, <ber-ee> or <boor-ee>  I'm sooo confused. frown

Clerk as in jerk here. And Hoover for vacuum ;0

Mistara said:

It would possibly cost as much again to sterilise them for RE use?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    ps1borg said:

Nah, hoover is pronounced "Dyson" wink

Shone is shon not shown. (shone is past participle of to shine, shown is past participle of to show)

Primer is pry-mer not primmer

(the 2nd of each I've heard on US audiobooks. Took me a while to realise what they were saying!)

Crap, I gotta go use the restroom.  Crap, TMI!

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    edited June 2018
    ps1borg said:

Nah, hoover is pronounced "Dyson" wink

Shone is shon not shown. (shone is past participle of to shine, shown is past participle of to show)

Primer is pry-mer not primmer

(the 2nd of each I've heard on US audiobooks. Took me a while to realise what they were saying!)

The shon/shown aberration seems to be a regional affectation, the only (two) people I've met that say shown are both from Central Pennsylvania. The prymer/primmer issue might be more of an elitist affectation. Back in the mid 80's I worked with a crop of new doctors who all insisted on pronouncing centimeter as santimeter some went so far as to put the emphasis on the -ti- syllable. It took me a while to figure out what a freaking sanTImeter was. However, my vacuum/Hoover IS a Dyson. laugh

Post edited by Etrigan on

too cold to be June

only several hours left of my 4day weekend.

had a brief surge of heartpounding excitment thinking a daz horse 3 came out.  
    grr banner said thanks for buying horse 2, what else was i supposed to think?
    almost fainted from the let down

tee heee ros'ty made me member of the month  lollll

It is 85 here.

This discussion has been closed.