Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    mori_mann said:

This is a Genesis 3 character.  Love the body markings on her. She does come with regular skin as well.  I'm also using a fairly old set of stones, which I cannot for the life of me remember the name of.  If I think of it I will add it.  I thought they worked very well for what I needed them for. I did do some dodge and burn on them in Photoshop to just bring out some of the patterns just a tiny bit more.  I also wanted to mention that I did her hair with Hinkypunk's Hair Salon Shaders, using the glitter option.  Just for the fun of it lol.

There isn't a lot of postwork in this one other than the dodge and burn that I almost always do (lightening the whites of the eyes, and bringing out the highlights and the shadows in the folds of the clothing, the hair etc, is something that I do in 99.5% of every single image).  Just two layers I think for a bit of atmosphere, dusty looking stuff around her feet. And one layer behind the scene for the background as well.

*backs away slowly* She looks liek she means business with that spiky thing.

I think the background is DM's Memorial. If not, my.. memory is leaky ;)

Yes!  That is it lol!  Thank you!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

So, I have to post a link to this coming soon from Marshain thread,  I love his stuff anyway but I was totally blown away by this.  Its, its... I don't even know how to describe how cool this is.  If you love sci fi, you have to check it out.  Just....wow.

That looks so cool. 

You get both skin options for the same character as well as human skin.  The eyes also come with.  LOVE these two.

Love this piece! Nice job!

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

You get both skin options for the same character as well as human skin.  The eyes also come with.  LOVE these two.

Love this piece! Nice job!

Me too.  Excellent work!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

What character is that Ice? The one with the two women and those eyes I mean

@Carola O that is Lunadae, not currently available at Daz but elsewhere. 

And thank you @knittingmommy and @themidget, I was very happy with this one.  And I really love the character.

edited May 2018

The wicked witch...

SAIBA.jpg
    960 x 942 - 96K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Very vibrant and exciting! 

@Novica Thank you!

The witch loks really cool and not very pleasant to meet.

themidget said:

The witch loks really cool and not very pleasant to meet.

Thank you!  She is definitely not a good witch lol.

• WandererWanderer Posts: 956

The wicked witch...

Okay, thought the lady with spikey thing very cool, loved the image with the 2 ladies, but this--usually I laugh off the typical wicked witch images we see, but something about this character, in this scene, with this lighting is very very creepy to me. Not sure what it is, but something uncanny about it bothers me. Nicely done.

Wanderer said:

The wicked witch...

Okay, thought the lady with spikey thing very cool, loved the image with the 2 ladies, but this--usually I laugh off the typical wicked witch images we see, but something about this character, in this scene, with this lighting is very very creepy to me. Not sure what it is, but something uncanny about it bothers me. Nicely done.

Thank you!  To be honest she kind of creeps me out too lol!

edited May 2018

This is a V4 character.  I do still really love V4.

ASUMI.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 501K
    edited May 2018

Shadowborn for M4

Again, still loving M4.  The older characters still have a lot life left in them

SHADOWBRON.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 1M
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

I have the Iray Converter for V4 by V3Digitimes and yesterday I picked up the ones for Genesis and G2 in the flash sale. This morning I picked up some V4 products for 60c each. I haven’t a clue what to do with skin settings but I’ll have fun playing with them all smiley. So when I saw your wonderful renders I was almost jumping up and down with excitement! I was thinking that perhaps I was wasting my money but I have so many older a bundles I thought it was worth a try. Your renders are fabulous! Really inspiring smiley.

Wanderer said:

Not sure what it is, but something uncanny about it bothers me.

It looks like a negative but it isn't.  Be interesting to know what filter(s) were used.

@MollyTabby thank you so much!  The Iray converter by V3Digitimes works very well got converting V4 and M4 skins, I think you will be very happy with it.  Plus, you can move V4 skins up to G3 and from there to G8 as well.   I have a TON of V4 and M4 content and really love a LOT of V4's clothing.  It usually comes with a lot of different textures.

themidget said:
    Wanderer said:

It looks like a negative but it isn't.  Be interesting to know what filter(s) were used.

If you are talking about the purple and orange on, I used a LUT (look up table) named sunset I think to get the purple and gold.  You could do something similar with  the gradient tool (which would give more control I was just being lazy lol)

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited May 2018

I have been remiss in visiting my friends' pages - you have been so busy lately!  I've been down with a nasty intestinal flu so I haven't been doing much.

I love what you have done here.  This is a great presentation of the two versions of this character with a great background.  Your post work is supurb.  

Post edited by dracorn on

Shadowborn for M4

Again, still loving M4.  The older characters still have a lot life left in them

Seriously!  Those older characters have some of the best textures.  I don't remember the exact figures but V4/M4 have more than triple the polys as V8/M8.  They still look wonderful.

I love the luminosity of the blue/green hues in this render.  

Hmm - shouldn't his hair be flying back in the same direction as the cape?  Not to be picky, but that's one of those details that you don't always see until after you're done with a render.

You need to post your latest renders in your gallery so I can give them a like!

edited May 2018

Ooooh, I didn't realise I could move V4 skins up to G3. I must learn how to do that! This 3D learning is so much fun.smiley

Post edited by Mollytabby on

Ooooh, I didn't realise I could move V4 skins up to G3. I must learn how to do that! This 3D learning is so much fun.smiley

There are a couple of ways to do this:

1. You can use Cayman Studio's Legacy UV's - there are a bunch of them that go from V4/M4 all the way up to G8/M8.  You load the geographs, select the proper UVs, then load the texture.  I found that sometimes I have to manually load the V4 maps, though.  It's funny, but I don't see a V4 for G3F, but there is a V4 for G8F.  Maybe it's just not showing up for me.  Here's the link to V4 for G8F:

https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4

2. You can use Blacksmith's Texture Transformer - to convert the textures from V4 to G3.  You need to go to Blacksmith's website or Rendo to get this.

After you load the textures, then you will need to convert the surfaces to Iray.  It takes a little work, but in the end you can reuse those great V4/M4 textures.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2018
    dracorn said:

1. You can use Cayman Studio's Legacy UV's - there are a bunch of them that go from V4/M4 all the way up to G8/M8.  You load the geographs, select the proper UVs, then load the texture.  I found that sometimes I have to manually load the V4 maps, though.  It's funny, but I don't see a V4 for G3F, but there is a V4 for G8F.  Maybe it's just not showing up for me. 

There is one, but it's available at Renderosity. Search for Legacy UVs and both products he/they have over there will show up.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

HI friend, been a long time, hope life has been treating you well.  Wow !!  Your progression has been marvelous, very artistic.  Lot's of great renders for me to view.  Keep up the good work, have fun. 

Thank you @dracorn and @L'Adiair.  I've wishlisted the Cayman Studio's product to pick up in a sale and I'll looking at downloading the free disabled version of Blacksmith to try it out. I love that it's possible to do this :-)

Thank you @dracorn and @L'Adiair.  I've wishlisted the Cayman Studio's product to pick up in a sale and I'll looking at downloading the free disabled version of Blacksmith to try it out. I love that it's possible to do this :-)

Hopefully the free version of Blacksmith has the Texture Transformer add on - I'm not sure if it does.  There are 4 add on packs that allow you to convert M4/V4 textures all the way up to G3, plus Dawn/Dusk and some other characters as well.  

L'Adair said:
    dracorn said:

1. You can use Cayman Studio's Legacy UV's - there are a bunch of them that go from V4/M4 all the way up to G8/M8.  You load the geographs, select the proper UVs, then load the texture.  I found that sometimes I have to manually load the V4 maps, though.  It's funny, but I don't see a V4 for G3F, but there is a V4 for G8F.  Maybe it's just not showing up for me. 

There is one, but it's available at Renderosity. Search for Legacy UVs and both products he/they have over there will show up.

Thanks L'Adair - it always throws me off when items are split between the two stores.  

• WandererWanderer Posts: 956

@IceDragonArt - Hope to see more of your work soon.

@dracorn, thanks for filling in, I was out with a terrible migraine the last couple of days.  Couldn't even look at a screen.  I ran a 5K on Saturday and felt really good, I had improved my time and didn't really feel like I was struggling at all.  But, I think I got a bit dehydrated, it was a bit warmer than expected and I rarely drink a lot before I run because there aren't many places to make a pit stop lol)  I also only had about 4 1/2 hours of sleep the night before and apparently that particular combo is not good for me.   Feeling much better today, had family over (my son and daughter in law are still up from SC so it was nice to have visiting time)  Totally sucks to lose two whole days of the best weather since last summer though.  So I'm way behind on stuff.

I always forget to post in the gallery.  I don't know why I find it so hard to remember.

This discussion has been closed.