Digital Frontier: Arena

MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

Digital Frontier: Arena

Escape to the digital frontier and immerse yourself in the games. The Arena is the first set in a line of sci-fi products called The Digital Frontier. There are five gaming areas including a tunnel, an open racetrack, a hovering platform for hand to hand combat, an enclosed racetrack, and a ground level for tank battles. The crowd is full of avatars who have joined in from all over the world to watch the action.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited May 2018

I'm waiting to be respectful to everyone else.

But I find it weird that no one has commented on this next level product.

I find it overwhelming and don't know what to make of it. I'm not even sure I understand how you did it.

------

I had to look a few things up.

In computingprocedural generation is a method of creating data algorithmically as opposed to manually. In computer graphics, it is also called random generation and is commonly used to create textures and 3D models. In video games, it is used to automatically create large amounts of content in a game. Advantages of procedural generation include smaller file sizes, larger amounts of content, and randomness for less predictable gameplay.

So it's not just a shader or material/texture.....and it's a generated graphic.

I think a lot of your work is over people's heads and very experimental.

Post edited by Griffin Avid on
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2018

Hi Griffin Avid.

Thanks so much for your post laugh . Since there hasn't been much activity on this thread I have some very similar thoughts and feelings as you.

The procedural shaders have been a part of the default content for a little while but to my knowledge, no one has created a prop-based product using them. Although I didn't use the shader mixer tab to adjust the base presets I did push them hard to get the effects, a lot of time went into experimenting with them. A lot of time went into this product in general.

Post edited by Marshian on
    edited May 2018

Very interesting.

1) Iray preview mode is almost instantaneous, a 1 second pause...

2) Without ythe render settings environment, it's a bright arena. Once you add the Render-Settings (skydome?) environment, it becomes very futuristic and moody.

3) It's a MASSIVE set so I'm glad you added some cameras to get around it all.

------------

Checking out the shaders......

The descriptions match the look.

The DFA Circuits is crazy and so is the Black Mirror

Capture_DFA_02 Circuits Shader.PNG
    906 x 478 - 627K
    1. Yes! It does preview quickly and navigation in the working viewport is also quick.
    2. I'm always thinking about light. One of the main reasons I made the roof a separate prop (so it can be hidden) and added all of the ring lights.
    3. Yes, preload cameras really help on large scenes. I chose to label them so you have some idea of where they are and how to find them again.

I'm really proud of this set. I appreciate the feedback. 

edited May 2018

You killed it. I can't imagine what you'll add next. Now that you have the foundation down, I bet you feel pretty unlimited.

The crowd idea is interesting. In my way of thinking, those aren't real people but represent the camera views of those that bought tickets to the broadcast of the events.

And so depending on what seat you buy, you get to move that head around in a 360 fashion to see around the arena in virtual space.

-----------

Long as you're here, I'd like to see more of your products, like hoops, made for iray. 

https://www.daz3d.com/hoops

Sometimes I wish vendors would make props and not greebles, but full pieces. A huge amount of Marshian Rings and basically geometric shapes would be great. We could embed them in walls for details- to make normal spaces look sci-fi.

Shrunk down, they become details on objects.

Scaled up, they become buildings or space structures or satellites or anything - a space gate...the hub cap of a car....

Earrings.....and that's just hoops. You could do pyramids or pyaramid-type shapes and make futuristic buildings....

Or add the bunch together and make scifi alien machinery. A shrine...temple....

I'd love to see that fire hoop for iray and even get the little flares as separate props...

Pretty please....

That VOID set is probably the craziest thing I've seen here.

https://www.daz3d.com/the-void

I've used it 5 or six times and still haven't done something like the promos...

edited May 2018

This is the void and it's the ground plane of that black liquid that's crazy.

Oh how you do what you do. lol

A few people have asked me what they are standing on and how I did it.

I have to say I don't know. I then say it's some kind of slick oily surface.

Capture_BuildingBlocks.PNG
    757 x 993 - 2M
    Post edited by Griffin Avid on

All you've posted here is very helpful and much of it is already in the works! So your words really fuel the fire.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Holy Wow.. I have no idea how I missed this thread.  But wow.... just wow....

This is really incredibe Marshian, it looks fantastic!  This is going to be SOOOO much fun to play with!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited May 2018

You killed it. I can't imagine what you'll add next. Now that you have the foundation down, I bet you feel pretty unlimited.

The crowd idea is interesting. In my way of thinking, those aren't real people but represent the camera views of those that bought tickets to the broadcast of the events.

And so depending on what seat you buy, you get to move that head around in a 360 fashion to see around the arena in virtual space.

-----------

Long as you're here, I'd like to see more of your products, like hoops, made for iray. 

https://www.daz3d.com/hoops

Sometimes I wish vendors would make props and not greebles, but full pieces. A huge amount of Marshian Rings and basically geometric shapes would be great. We could embed them in walls for details- to make normal spaces look sci-fi.

Shrunk down, they become details on objects.

Scaled up, they become buildings or space structures or satellites or anything - a space gate...the hub cap of a car....

Earrings.....and that's just hoops. You could do pyramids or pyaramid-type shapes and make futuristic buildings....

Or add the bunch together and make scifi alien machinery. A shrine...temple....

I'd love to see that fire hoop for iray and even get the little flares as separate props...

Pretty please....

That VOID set is probably the craziest thing I've seen here.

https://www.daz3d.com/the-void

I've used it 5 or six times and still haven't done something like the promos...

I would buy the hoops in Iray in a heart beat... Just sayin....