Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Looking great! Didn't even notice the other two figures at first, eye is really drawn to the central character with the lighting style you've done

• WandererWanderer Posts: 956
    edited May 2018

@IceDragonArt - Really liking the framing effect you achieved in the image with the sensible boots. I feel it. Nice image all around.

Post edited by Wanderer on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you!  Its nice to know that all the studying and you tube videos are sticking lol.  I've been working on draing the eye to the focal point of the image while still having enough stuff or people in the scene so it doesn't look barren and looks more realistic. I used RiverSoftArt's billboards for the two characters in the background.

edited May 2018

Cute little dress....

FETCHING DRESS .jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 332K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited May 2018
    ODESSA.jpg
    593 x 960 - 115K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I like Sensible Boots. Odessa is very cool. Nice job! :)

edited May 2018

Storm Rider

KATRINA.jpg
    960 x 877 - 182K

I like Sensible Boots. Odessa is very cool. Nice job! :)

Thank you!

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Love the bokeh effect on fetching dress and I love the way you have worked with Odessa.  How did you get the grainy look on Odessa?

themidget said:

Love the bokeh effect on fetching dress and I love the way you have worked with Odessa.  How did you get the grainy look on Odessa?

@themidget Thanks!  Part of it is her skin - she comes with several different skins, ranging from a more human to more green and brown.  The rest is a layer overlayed on top of the image set to either screen, soft light or overlay if I remember correctly.  Any type of grungy layer will work and if you use one with color you can add a slight overall tint to the whole image as well.  I think this one was a purplish texture.

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Just dropping by to say - wow, I'm loving all the renders!   

Just dropping by to say - wow, I'm loving all the renders!   

Thank you very much!  I will admit to having a blast right now lol.

edited May 2018

This one has no postwork except the signature.  I just liked the way the raw render looked.

GERAL SS.jpg
    988 x 1520 - 309K
  • themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

That looks fantastic!  The outfit and make up are really nice and you have posed her in an attractive way.  I find it difficult to make the model look directly at the viewer so well done!

themidget said:

That looks fantastic!  The outfit and make up are really nice and you have posed her in an attractive way.  I find it difficult to make the model look directly at the viewer so well done!

Thanks!  RiverSoftArt's Look At Me Pose Control is an invaluable resource to get your characters to look where you want them.  There is a look at me, look at, look at each other to just name a few.  As you can see it works fabulously.  I'm pretty sure I use it in 99.9% of the renders that have things with heads on them lol.  Not just for people either.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Storm Rider

Wow - you really achieved a watercolor-effect, complete with paint splatters.  Great job?

Where'd you get the seahorse?

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    I love the lady in the red scarf. She has a story to share!
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Wow! Storm Rider is fabulous! You did a great job there. :)

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    themidget said:

Thanks!  RiverSoftArt's Look At Me Pose Control is an invaluable resource to get your characters to look where you want them.  There is a look at me, look at, look at each other to just name a few.  As you can see it works fabulously.  I'm pretty sure I use it in 99.9% of the renders that have things with heads on them lol.  Not just for people either.

I just used Look at Me Pose Control for the first time.....I see what all the fuss is about.  It works really well.  You did a fantastic job on this render.

Thank you everyone!  The horse is the Daz Water Horse.

I do love Ron's brushes which is where all the splashing comes from.

TJ its one of the single best purchases I have ever made lol.

@ItsCeo thank you!  I built the scene around the scarf, I love that scarf although I did change the color up a bit.  Its a G3F item.

I'll try to remember to add the links to the items I just listed tomorrow, I am headed to bed, just happened to see the comments in my email.

themidget said:

Your work is stellar as usual, and you're right, that raw render is just great as is. I really like her. Odessa was cool, too. Now this^.... I'm getting tired of using an object to get a character to look in a given spot, only to have to go back and move the object every time I turn around because the character starts looking elsewhere again. Does Look At Me fix that issue?

@wanderer - yes it does.  when you choose look at this (object) the character looks at the object.   However, when you choose look at camera, if you move the angle you will have to redo the look at camera.  Which is still much much faster.  I keep the look at me scripts in my quick script bar so its just a click or two to redo. 

edited May 2018

I love this dress. I would wear this myself.

BUTTERCUP DFORCE DRESS.jpg
    593 x 960 - 120K

@IceDragonArt - s..o...n...j..a.. Still hard to get used to. You're IDA to me now. wink But I will make an effort to do better. Thanks for answering my question, Sonja. I may have to get that. This dress is nice, but your work makes it that much better. I'm afraid I'm still mostly a tinkerer in the Photoshop realm. Question for you on this--If I wanted to do a splintered door effect, say by using two doors with a retexture and transparent effect (thank you @Night678winG for the idea again), do you have any ideas about where to begin or know of any tutorials that might help?

@Wanderer - I am perfectly okay with being addressed as IceDragon, Dragon or any other variation thereof as well as my given name lol.  I'm never certain what the etiquette is as far as that goes, I never know if its okay to use a given name if you know it or if one should stick to the forum handle.  I, personally, don't mind either way.

And yes, I do have a couple ideas.  Put the door that will be the base on the bottom layer (after you save the original or lock the original one to the very bottom of the stack.  Then stack whatever textures you are going to use for your effect. Put masks on all of those layers.  That way, you can paint away (and repaint any mistakes ) using black and white (and its non destructive so mistakes are much easier to fix) different sections of the textures to get the effect you want.  You can set those masks to a lower opacity as well if you don't want to erase the bits entirely.  Also, play with the modes! A lot of times you can get some really great transparent effects when trying out the different modes like screen, mulitpy etc.  ( I sometimes will go through the entire list for each texture, you just never know whats going to really look good).  Also I can highly recommend a couple of you tube channels that I watch on a regular basis and learn from every time.  Even the tutorials on simple stuff, I will watch if I haven't seen it before because there are always different ways to do things and sometimes, one way works better on one piece and another workd better on something else)  So this guy Nemanja Sekulic is really good and very easy to follow.  Also PixImperfect is very good.  And Phlearn .  That should give you a place to start and then you can follow the rabbit trails of suggested videos after that lol.

So, I came across this link in a thread over in the Commons on Genesis.  Its a pose converter that is free on ShareCG - Daz3d Pose Converter 

OMG!  This thing converted all of my poses for Genesis, Genesis2, and Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 in less than 5 minutes.  And I didn't have to convert them up, they went straight from Genesis to Genesis 8, Genesis 2 to Genesis 8 etc.  And they work very very well.  I do generally have to ifx the fingers on the early generations and make some very minor adjustments, I know have a couple hundred pose sets for my G8's that I did not have before and that required very very little effort on my part to convert.  AND it converts backwards as well!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

This is a character for Penny 8.  I don't have Penny 8 so this is what she looks like without Penny 8.  By Anagord.

Love that camera angle and the postwork behind her. Really gets the action going. Beautiful colors, nice and warm. 

So, I came across this link in a thread over in the Commons on Genesis.  Its a pose converter that is free on ShareCG - Daz3d Pose Converter 

OMG!  This thing converted all of my poses for Genesis, Genesis2, and Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 in less than 5 minutes.  And I didn't have to convert them up, they went straight from Genesis to Genesis 8, Genesis 2 to Genesis 8 etc.  And they work very very well.  I do generally have to ifx the fingers on the early generations and make some very minor adjustments, I know have a couple hundred pose sets for my G8's that I did not have before and that required very very little effort on my part to convert.  AND it converts backwards as well!

I never quite understood what to do with that. Do you just use the windows exe part? Does the python code need to be in the studio too?

Novica said:

I never quite understood what to do with that. Do you just use the windows exe part? Does the python code need to be in the studio too?

@Novica, it was actually quite easy, Nothing gets loaded to Daz, I just unzipped it to my desk top, opened the folder and found the .exe file.  You pick which conversion you want and tell it where the files are (most of them are under, for example, people, genesis 2 female, poses. It copies it all to the poses file inside the folder on the desktop.  Then you drag and drop them into the right place in your content library just like you would with any manual install.

Oh, that explains it. Last night I loaded into the studio, and just saw all the files. Thanks a bunch!  None of the converters (free and paid)  I've tried so far work very well, my poses are nit-picky and I am spending a half hour to a couple hours retweaking to get the precision I had with my originals. Will give this a shot.

This discussion has been closed.