Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

19495969798100»

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2018

@melaniel   It's been a fantastic five years with so many of you being along for the ride and helping SO much. Your post got me thinkin' though. Try to follow along everyone- 

1. most people supposedly don't visit the forums
    2. if they have the Daz Deal Add-On, of course THEY DO.
    3. because when shopping, those product page forum references are on the page. I don't think most people totally ignore that. They may go to the galleries first (I do) but guessing half or more click one of the forum references.
    4. which brings me to this- do people other than forum members know about the add-on?  @ati   @overdrawn   Is there any way to tell? Did Daz market it in emails so others could take advantage of it?

Because if people who don't visit the forums did not get told, then nope, they wouldn't be visiting the forums because the forum references aren't there. Looking at the numbers for the new views on my closed threads (I say "my" but they're "our.") then all those older threads have traffic directed to them or from searches. (which is why I set it up with the product names and links, for surfing convenience but it also helps SEO (Search Engine Optimization.) 

Speaking of which, webmasters know this, and I don't know how it works in forum posts- text and links "above the fold" (upper half of viewing screen, don't have to scroll down) get slightly more "weight" in many search algorithms, so having the product name and link first is a good thing.  It would also be better to write out Genesis 3 Female instead of G3F (as that's what people would type in Google for a search.) But since this isn't my website or my products, I was tired of writing them out. (And Ati said the add-on picked up on links, not names, and it was okay to abbreviate the product) 

BTW  @ati   How long does it take from the time a link is posted in our Art Studio threads, to the time they show up on the product pages as a reference? (Man, I'm deep thinking tonight. I'll stop asking questions now.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2018

@melaniel   I've always liked Corina, she seems a bit etheral, contemplative. 
    @cismic  That's some wild hair colors you've got going there! I didn't try all of those, but Bronwyn Hair certainly had a wide variety. I do recall red/black too. 

BTW you all probably saw my post yesterday in the Sale thread (Commons)  about the changing of the shoes in the free shoe offers. Apparently Daz goofed and put PAs in there (to give away FREE) so they pulled the shoes. They are compensating the PAs. (supposedly.) 

Post edited by Novica on

Well, I've been offine most the day, and this has been posted several places since this morning so I am assuming most of you know about the 24% stacking gift cards. You need a new release (one can be PC+ but must be $3 or more- I think it was more than $3) and two from the Build Your Own X-Morphs sale.

Wanted to point out a few products that caught my attention. First, I've heard a lot about the Hair Lustre Shaders for Iray by PhilW and there are 82 gallery references, so you may want to scoop this up if you don't have it. (Get the 24% off gift card, then go back and get this. It's already 60% off.) 

Second, this Fancy Pool Party outfit of course has a swimsuit underneath, but I'm surprised, but the the shoes caught my attention. They're different. 

Peppermint Ivy Dress   Does anyone have this already? I'm wondering if those satin panels on the chest are separate material zones? This is a lovely dress! 

edited May 2018

OMG I love the pattern on these shoes. Why are the black ones for the promo?  Look at these color combos! Open Toe Pumps 3 (Gen8F)   Gorgeous shoes!   @dx30

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2018

BTW, even if you shopped the xtrart-3d sales before, this one came off new status. It was a March 8th (new is 60 days, right?) 
    X-Fashion Sci Bodysuit 3 (Gen8F)    Anyone notice anything else that came off new status that's got a good sale?

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2018

Okay, is it 60 days for new? If a product is released on March 13th for example- 

March 13- 20  7 days 
    to 27th  14 days 
    to April 3   21 days
    to 10th    28 days
    to 17th    35 days
    to 24th    42 days
    to May 1   49 days
    to 8th       56 days
    9th 57 days
    10th 58 days
    11th  59 days
    12th  60 days
    so tomorrow all those will go off new, right? If so, keep an eye on products on page 12.  I do 60 per page to land on page 12, sort by new arrivals.  And FYI  the numbers for the SKU's that I've found,  are in the 510's. But that page doesn't put them in order of release- WHY NOT?  The Everyday Fruit was released back on the 15th of March, but that Aiko 7 for 8 is earlier than that, and lower on the page. So anyway, about page 12 (uncheck Hide What I Own) and you can get an idea of what to wishlist/going off New status.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    Novica said:

Okay, is it 60 days for new? If a product is released on March 13th for example- 

March 13- 20  7 days 
    to 27th  14 days 
    to April 3   21 days
    to 10th    28 days
    to 17th    35 days
    to 24th    42 days
    to May 1   49 days
    to 8th       56 days
    9th 57 days
    10th 58 days
    11th  59 days
    12th  60 days
    so tomorrow all those will go off new, right? If so, keep an eye on products on page 12.  I do 60 per page to land on page 12, sort by new arrivals.  And FYI  the numbers for the SKU's that I've found,  are in the 510's. But that page doesn't put them in order of release- WHY NOT?  The Everyday Fruit was released back on the 15th of March, but that Aiko 7 for 8 is earlier than that, and lower on the page. So anyway, about page 12 (uncheck Hide What I Own) and you can get an idea of what to wishlist/going off New status.) 

Everyday Fruit was a release I think.

Hey, 50's Fabulous Morphing Chair has an update. Probably that material problem. We do good, don't we? (Thanks to the PAs who respond so quickly when tickets are filed, or who see us posting about it. We appreciate you.) 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    Novica said:

Hey, 50's Fabulous Morphing Chair has an update. Probably that material problem. We do good, don't we? (Thanks to the PAs who respond so quickly when tickets are filed, or who see us posting about it. We appreciate you.) 

Yes, we do!

edited May 2018

So The Girl 8 isn't out yet, is she pictured in Leviathan Suit for Genesis 8 Females in the 4th thumbnail?  (I already got the image in case it's her and they pull it.)  She's listed for that outfit.

Post edited by Novica on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,079
    Novica said:

BTW  @ati   How long does it take from the time a link is posted in our Art Studio threads, to the time they show up on the product pages as a reference? (Man, I'm deep thinking tonight. I'll stop asking questions now.) 

Depending on when it is posted, it can normally take up to 8 hours to appear. 

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159
    Novica said:

Well, I've been offine most the day, and this has been posted several places since this morning so I am assuming most of you know about the 24% stacking gift cards. You need a new release (one can be PC+ but must be $3 or more- I think it was more than $3) and two from the Build Your Own X-Morphs sale.

Wanted to point out a few products that caught my attention. First, I've heard a lot about the Hair Lustre Shaders for Iray by PhilW and there are 82 gallery references, so you may want to scoop this up if you don't have it. (Get the 24% off gift card, then go back and get this. It's already 60% off.) 

Second, this Fancy Pool Party outfit of course has a swimsuit underneath, but I'm surprised, but the the shoes caught my attention. They're different. 

Peppermint Ivy Dress   Does anyone have this already? I'm wondering if those satin panels on the chest are separate material zones? This is a lovely dress! 

Thank you for this info Novica. I've picked up my 24% off gift card (getting three items) and went back for the hair shaders. They've been on my wishlist for quite a while.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    Novica said:

@taoz   How lovely!  Particularly the lighting which makes that strip of grass light up. Love the really, really closeup in the bottom right corner with the DOF. She's just adorable.

Thanks. :)  Actually it's just a background picture - the DOF and lighting are all in the picture. So no work on my part other than placing the figure there.

For those of you who haven't checked out the "404 Not Found" RRR contest, take a peek at @luci45   entry. I laughed out loud. Those dot coms are hilarious.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

For those of you who haven't checked out the "404 Not Found" RRR contest, take a peek at @luci45   entry. I laughed out loud. Those dot coms are hilarious.

Thank you for the link! Too funny! :D

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,656

Thanks, Novica and firewarden.

We have an especially fun RRRR contest this time. It started last week and goes until July 6. Everyone is welcome to participate. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    Novica said:

So The Girl 8 isn't out yet, is she pictured in Leviathan Suit for Genesis 8 Females in the 4th thumbnail?  (I already got the image in case it's her and they pull it.)  She's listed for that outfit.

Ugh hope not.... she looks pretty horrible 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited May 2018
    Novica said:

Ugh hope not.... she looks pretty horrible 

In that image they all do tbh.

The two centre ones look like someone pasted real heads on cartoon images, and the other four...well...

Post edited by Nath on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

For me it’s the sheer head size. I really am not the target for the bobble head stuff.

So do you think that's The Girl 8? I can't figure out who else it would be. 

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I agree with them all looking horrible. 

Because I am going to be offline most of the day,  this is the 22nd post of the thread and we can easily rack up 8 more while I'm gone. If you all will note the new Thread 11 link and when the moderators close this one, feel free to post on the other one. Be sure and subscribe to it so you don't miss the upcoming reviews. I will put the references in the first few posts, as usual.  

This is the Thread 11 link.  We have 8 more posts left here, so keep posting. :) 

So funny, while trying to reserve the posts, I got this:  (but I waited and finished setting the thread up. It did let me go in and edit the fifth post saying Wait! I'm not done!) 

• You have posted 5 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 120 seconds before attempting to post again.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited May 2018

It's the haircut & black lipstick mostly that makes her look boyish & plain if that is the Girl 8. I think they are going for the Betty Boop look and she'll be more suitably Betty Boop-ish on release. I've always felt weird colors for lipstick, eyeshadow, and fingernail polish aren't flattering for women but hey if you want to be original I guess peach, pink, red, and clear gloss are out as subdued highlight colors to get the gal and not the makeup noticed.

Anyway, I finally threw in the towel with trying to get my laptop to render 4 Genesis 8 characters are the same time. DAZ Studio didn't crash but wasn't writing anything to the render canvas after over 30 minutes so I stopped. 

I'm posting here as a review for the 50's Fabulous Morphing Chair. I really like it. However, I didn't notice the bug Novica spoke of because I used some of the DAZ Originals/JGreenless iRay shaders for it.

That's an almost unrecognizable Gades for G8M using the CC Boss Beard Kit & the Santa bundle (just the skin texture set really) from December 2016. Ollie is done up (by accident) to be Nigel Harrison's cartoon doppelganger! Well vaguely. OK, maybe not so much but the hair is similar. And I don't expect any of you to know who Nigel Harrison is as talented and well known as he is for some people.laugh

Old King Cole

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

To be fair, twasn't me who spotted the materials issue. Mine was the "Wow, this chair is really low to the ground." (Which isn't wrong, based on the time period. But it just makes it really tricky for six foot men to have good posture when sitting it. They have to slouch a lot or stick their feet waaaay out in front of them.) 

The Old King Cole is lively. The look on his face shows his exuberance for music. I love all the banners too.

This discussion has been closed.