DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

Seriously, is no one else having serious issues like this, in the picture, where body goes transparent, clothing breaks, genesis seems to be in two places at once, cornea and eye lash frequently zoom several feet in the air, and I can't render without crashing. once this happens, i can't do anything, view port is broken. :( It's TOTALLY UNSTABLE for me, unusable. I want 4.5 back, where can I download 4.5 again? this is terrible. :(

broken_Daz.jpg
    624 x 750 - 286K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

This does look disturbing! Poor Alia!
    I really don't have that problem and never saw it.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Alia,
    Have never seen that before so can't help you. Don't have a clue what is causing that to happen.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Hi Alia (^_^)/,

sorry, I've never seen anything like that before either - looks creative >_<. Some thoughts come to mind:</p>

1) from the screenshot there it looks like everything got doubled as you moved the view upward... presumably the Scene Contents tab still showed the right things? (two lights, a genesis, and the clothes?);

2) do you have any other 3D applications that you work in regularly? it looks like it might be a graphic driver issue (possibly 4.6 is set to use a different set of GL options than 4.5)... have you tried checking for newer graphic drivers? (or possibly twiddling the 4.6 hardware options down a bit to see if it recovers);

3) once it does start happening, does restarting DS-4.6 fix it? or do you generally switch off in a huff and leave it for a few hours?

4) does nothing else on your system behave weirdly after DS-4.6 starts acting up? if so, then it could be a RAM issue, or overheating issue... but since you haven't said anything, I'm guessing not...

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

My problem is that none of the smart library shows in 4.6 it was showing without any problem in 4.5 :(

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Seriously, is no one else having serious issues like this, in the picture, where body goes transparent, clothing breaks, genesis seems to be in two places at once, cornea and eye lash frequently zoom several feet in the air, and I can't render without crashing. once this happens, i can't do anything, view port is broken. :( It's TOTALLY UNSTABLE for me, unusable. I want 4.5 back, where can I download 4.5 again? this is terrible. :(

Does this image look normal when you render it?

If this is just the view port screwing up, then it is probably related to the graphics card and OpenGL version you are using.

What computer, operating system, graphics card. "Help -> Troubleshooting -> About your video card..." should get the information about the video card.

Also go to "Edit -> Preferences", Click on the Interface tab. In the middle are some options for OpenGL. What options do you have set?

I suspect DAZ 4.6 is using some OpenGL feature that was not used in DAZ 4.5 and does not work correctly in the graphics card/driver you currently are using. There might be a graphics driver update that will fix it. Perhaps tweaking th OpenGL options on the preferences dialog will fix it.

• edited June 2013

I have been unable to get 4.6 to install on my Mac Pro (2008, OSX 10.6.8)
    I get the following error:

There has been an error.
    Error running /Applications/DAZ 3D/dzcoreutil -dvs64 : dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libvshared_fat_release_x64.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/DAZ 3D/Frameworks/../Frameworks/libdzcmsconnector.dylib
    Reason: image not found

any suggestions?

Post edited by ThatJacobGuy_fde6c304cf on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

belovedalia
    it may correct if you change
    Preference>interface>Display Optimization.

as for me,, (ATI user) I need to set "better" not "best"
    but which quality fit for you depend on what video card you are using.
    about some case, you need to choose best.
    some user need to set best not better.^^;

if I set best,, I have such strange scene about saved files.
    figure eye or mesh, clothing do not move with current poze.
    after pozing to try adjust, the meshes break.

opitmization.JPG
    827 x 575 - 83K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

There has been an error.
    Error running /Applications/DAZ 3D/dzcoreutil -dvs64 : dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libvshared_fat_release_x64.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/DAZ 3D/Frameworks/../Frameworks/libdzcmsconnector.dylib

any suggestions?

Hello,

trying to find out a solution or the root to the problem, I will need to think a little, one of the trickiest Mac issues so far.
    I can test tomorrow (european time), I got a 2008 MacPro, on 10.5.8 though. All my DS Machines now runs 10.7 or 10.8.
    Does the installation itself fail or is it the actual DS run that fails?
    The Basic error suggests it tries to find a binary in a fat lib that doesn't exist. the libs are usually 32 bit, 64 bit and can be with and without GC enabled, I said, this is weird.

• FroschGottFroschGott Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Bea said:
    My problem is that none of the smart library shows in 4.6 it was showing without any problem in 4.5 :(

This problem appears more or less frequently with my smart contents, too.
    At first I thought it was the problem of my PC. Obviously it seems to be more common.
    Any solutions?
    On my machine it sometimes happens on program startup or after working some time.
    It might have to do something with switching between smart contents and content library but it is difficult to reproduce it in a reliable way.
    Has anybody sent a support ticket on this issue?

Edit:
    The only chance to get back the smart contents is to reboot.

Edit 2:
    Just gave it a try.
    1.Reboot
    2. Starting DS4.6
    3. smart content is visible
    4. switching between SC and content library without any problems
    5. Loading a small scene (Nouveau Vignette) from the CL ==> Smart Content is gone

Edit 3: Request via helpdesk is sent.

Edit 4: The error only seems to appear with contents that should have a link in the smart content tab.
    When loading poser stuff from the CL the SC doesn't seem to be affected.

Post edited by FroschGott on
  • Space VikingSpace Viking Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

There has been an error.

I'm having the exact same problem. In fact, my original version of 4.6 will no longer open at all saying this (truncated from the bug report):

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: @rpath/libdzcore.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/DAZStudio/DAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/DAZStudio

Any ideas would help.

Yes, sadly, I am on a Mac.

• edited December 1969

Totte said:

There has been an error.

any suggestions?

Hello,

trying to find out a solution or the root to the problem, I will need to think a little, one of the trickiest Mac issues so far.
    I can test tomorrow (european time), I got a 2008 MacPro, on 10.5.8 though. All my DS Machines now runs 10.7 or 10.8.
    Does the installation itself fail or is it the actual DS run that fails?
    The Basic error suggests it tries to find a binary in a fat lib that doesn't exist. the libs are usually 32 bit, 64 bit and can be with and without GC enabled, I said, this is weird.

The installation fails almost imediately upon beginning, at first I thought I might have a corrupt download, but the re-download behaves exactly the same, maybe I should upgrade OSX.

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited June 2013

Bea said:

At first I thought it was the problem of my PC. Obviously it seems to be more common.
    Any solutions?
    On my machine it sometimes happens on program startup or after working some time.
    It might have to do something with switching between smart contents and content library but it is difficult to reproduce it in a reliable way.

Edit:

Edit 2:
    Just gave it a try.
    1.Reboot
    2. Starting DS4.6
    5. Loading a small scene (Nouveau Vignette) from the CL ==> Smart Content is gone

Unfortunately mine is not quite the same problem. The smart content items just aren't there since I upgraded to 4.6 :( they were showing perfectly well in 4.5)

Post edited by Bea on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Bea said:
    Bea said:

Any solutions?

Edit:

Edit 2:
    Just gave it a try.
    1.Reboot
    2. Starting DS4.6

Unfortunately mine is not quite the same problem. The smart content items just aren't there since I upgraded to 4.6 :( they were showing perfectly well in 4.5)

Do you have custom categories? If not, I would uninstall CMS, delete the databases, reinstall DS, and re-import metadata.

edited December 1969

There has been an error.

I'm having the exact same problem. In fact, my original version of 4.6 will no longer open at all saying this (truncated from the bug report):

Dyld Error Message:

Any ideas would help.

What OS Version and HW, but it looks like the same problem as the other user, not trying to establish whats common between your systems and not with those working. Will be home to test in about 8 hours.

• TaishoBeeTaishoBee Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Do I need to install the original GSE AND the second, new Genesis 2 one? Just wanted to know :) Thanks!

edited June 2013

TaishoBee said:
    Do I need to install the original GSE AND the second, new Genesis 2 one? Just wanted to know :) Thanks!

As far as I can see, the new one adds Genesis 2 to your runtime (haven't found it in the smart content yet but in the content library) only, so both are useful. :)
    Post edited by FroschGott on
  • TaishoBeeTaishoBee Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

TaishoBee said:

As far as I can see, the new one adds Genesis 2 to your runtime (haven't found it in the smart content yet but in the content library) only, so both are useful. :)

Okay, thanks so much :)

edited December 1969

Just to push this forward a bit.
    Has anybody else encountered this?
    Help ticket is on the way but it surely would be interesting to see, if there are more people with this problem.

Bea said:

Any solutions?

Edit:

Edit 2:
    Just gave it a try.
    1.Reboot
    2. Starting DS4.6

Edit 4: The error only seems to appear with contents that should have a link in the smart content tab.
    When loading poser stuff from the CL the SC doesn't seem to be affected.

• _manne__manne_ Posts: 284
    edited December 1969

I am using 4.6.0.18. Has anyone else noticed that when you create a new camera, the Z rotate and the X rotate do exactly the same thing? In fact I don't seem to be able to perform a Z rotate with the camera. What could I be doing wrong. Also, my software has stopped responding to keyboard shortcuts like delete, and ctrl-Z to undo. Any ideas what the heck I adjusted to make it stop functioning?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

manne said:
    I am using 4.6.0.18. Has anyone else noticed that when you create a new camera, the Z rotate and the X rotate do exactly the same thing? In fact I don't seem to be able to perform a Z rotate with the camera.

I recall some issue similar to this, not with cameras, and the workaround was to use the universal tool instead of the xyz rotate parameters, or it might have been the other way around; you could give that a quick try to see if that works. Remember that the universal tool can be changed to work in worldspace or object space.
    edited December 1969

There has been an error.

Dyld Error Message:

Any ideas would help.

I've installed on a 10.6.8 machine (not the 2008 MacPro as it won't take 10.6,8 for a number of reasons, but no problem on an old 2008 iMac so it must be either something with 10.6.8 on 2008 Mac Pro or you both have something installed. Any progress or should I dig deeper?

• shengylorshengylor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey I'm sorry but I couldn't download "Genesis Starter Essentials 1.13" When I click the link it took me to magento login which I don't have a username for that. Or is there somewhere else I can download Genesis?

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

How do I set up the Spot render to new windows?

Look in the Tool Settings pane with the Spot Render tool active.

...months later

Thanks Richard. I finally came across a situation where I really need this and didn't know how to do it.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

shengylor said:
    Hey I'm sorry but I couldn't download "Genesis Starter Essentials 1.13" When I click the link it took me to magento login which I don't have a username for that. Or is there somewhere else I can download Genesis?

Did you try using the username and password you used to post here?

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

Is there an update on Daz? Cause now when I was going to download some items, it wanted to download 4.6....100MB, and it wanted to dowload it for both 64 bit and 32 bit. Thing is, I already have 4.6 64 bit installed *confused*

and it didn't say in DIM that it was an update, which leaves me even more confused

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Is there an update on Daz? Cause now when I was going to download some items, it wanted to download 4.6....100MB, and it wanted to dowload it for both 64 bit and 32 bit. Thing is, I already have 4.6 64 bit installed *confused*

and it didn't say in DIM that it was an update, which leaves me even more confused

Daz Studio, as of earlier today, can be downloaded and installed through DIM. Like other things, it only really knows about what it has installed. You don't have to install it through DIM of course, but with this way to distribute, it makes it easy to download and install software and content and stay updated on both.
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Quick question about DIM. When there are updates do those overwrite the older zips or do I end up with zips that I don't need or want to save? I really hope that it's the former. I don't need or want redundancy in my downloads save folder. Takes up too much space.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

Ah, so I don't really have to install now.. I mean, as I already have it installed. Though I certainly will find it easier to install it via DIM when I do a re-install later on *smiles*

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Quick question about DIM. When there are updates do those overwrite the older zips or do I end up with zips that I don't need or want to save? I really hope that it's the former. I don't need or want redundancy in my downloads save folder. Takes up too much space.

Older zips are overwritten, so if you don't have it delete the zips after installing them, you will only have one zip per installer.