DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Also...which one of those installs on the download page is the right one for me? Each product has like 4 different options to download. I no longer understand which one I need. I haven't tried the install manager thing since it was in beta so I have no idea if it's a good idea to let it install things for me or not. I want my Poser and Carrara compatible content to be able to access these things as well...

I can't answer the poser parts of the question, and I don't use metadata. Otherwise, updating to the new version doesn't appear to have required that I do anything different with my content that I've noticed yet, at least if you aren't using DIM.

I can partially answer the download page question though:
    If you use dim, as far as I know you MOSTLY only need the installers marked with the green DIM logo, which are just zipped files that work for both PC and Mac. (You still need the separate texture template installers, and I've seen at least one item that has Bryce companion files that weren't included; I don't know if that was an oversight, the way it is, or if that product is only half-done.) You should be able to ignore the other files. Also if you use dim, you have the option to filter the files available for download in a variety of ways, for example if you don't use Poser and DS3, you can exclude those, etc.
    If you don't use dim, ignore the installers marked with the green DIM logo and get the other installers instead. In this case, the zips are for Macs and the .exe's are for PCs. You can further subdivide and weed out this group of files depending on what application you are using; I have a page of notes on that with a few questions still in the notes. Let us know if you want more details on this group of files.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Sean. :-) I am kind of trying to get everything working properly and organised so i can use it. The trouble I am having now is that I want V4 in her own directory in the Daz Studio Library, but I can not seem to figure out how to do this. If I leave her in the Poser runtime that she is in now, Daz Studio keeps telling me metadata can't be found and the power loader thing doesn't even come up. So, I tried to install her into Daz Studio. When I did this, I stop getting the meta data message thing and the power loader works... but I don't like where Daz Studio puts her... and I can't figure out how to move it. Any way to do this?

Thanks again

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The key with V4 is only install to ONE location, and make sure that location is listed as a Poser-format content folder. The Runtime folder must be directly under the folder listed in Content Directory Manager. This has nothing to do with metadata, but rather with DS being able to find the morph data, which is located in Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Mike... but I am still having one issue i can not seem to figure out. I did get V4 to install and the Power loader works OK now....but how do I get the CF files in the same folder with V4? They want to load into a Daz library but V4 wants to be in a Poser Library. Is there anyway to get all of V4's stuff in one place?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...this is ridiculous that we the customer have to separate components out we cannot use. They should have left the Mac and PC versions separate from each other as in the past, and if there were additional versions for Carrara and/or Bryce, those too should have their own zip installer files.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...this is ridiculous that we the customer have to separate components out we cannot use. They should have left the Mac and PC versions separate from each other as in the past, and if there were additional versions for Carrara and/or Bryce, those too should have their own zip installer files.

For content there aren't Mac and Windows versions - the installers were the only difference.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I've been trying to render two different scenes and 4.6 keeps crashing on me, it has also started not to save the render file even though I told it to save to file. I have a 32bit machine with 4gb of ram. I've switched on the large address aware. looking through the logs I've found

Rendering image
    WARNING: QColor::setHsv: HSV parameters out of range
    Compiled C:/Users/sempai/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{a86375db-91c9-4980-8d28-8a8f01d866ad}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    Created RenderCacheBlock
    I'm rendeing with two distant lights and uber enviroment

The other error

*** Scene Cleared ***
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/Luthbel/Corsair/Boots/Boots.dsf#Boots
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/Luthbel/Corsair/Boots/Boots.dsf#Boots
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/Luthbel/Corsair/Boots/Boots.dsf#Boots
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/Luthbel/Corsair/Boots/Boots.dsf#Boots
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/Luthbel/Corsair/Boots/Boots.dsf#Boots
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/Luthbel/Corsair/Boots/Boots.dsf#Boots
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/AprilYSH/EvanGenesis/Evan Hair/aprilyshEvan.dsf#aprilyshEvan
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/AprilYSH/EvanGenesis/Evan Hair/aprilyshEvan.dsf#aprilyshEvan
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/AprilYSH/EvanGenesis/Evan Hair/aprilyshEvan.dsf#aprilyshEvan
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/AprilYSH/EvanGenesis/Evan Hair/aprilyshEvan.dsf#aprilyshEvan
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/AprilYSH/EvanGenesis/Evan Hair/aprilyshEvan.dsf#aprilyshEvan
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/AprilYSH/EvanGenesis/Evan Hair/aprilyshEvan.dsf#aprilyshEvan

what do these message mean? Thanks.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

The second is referring to links between scale and some other property, which is not allowed in the current version of the DSON format (it was in older versions - I'm not sure why it had to be dropped). That shouldn't be causing crashes.

The former means that a Shader Mixer shader is trying to make a colour, using hue, saturation and value, with numbers that don't give a valid result. A warning shouldn't be a severe enough issue to cause a crash, but if the shader is misbehaving it's possible that it's throwing an even worse problem elsewhere. Is the item using shaders you made, or are they third party shaders and materials?

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info. The first scene contains Freak 5, Wild mayne hair, royal punk and dubious church. they are all using default shaders. I might try rendering each item individually to see which one them crashes.

• DaveTheVoiceDaveTheVoice Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

My question is I installed 4.6 yesterday, and the Genesis base is gone and not found! Was in unintentionally deleted from my 4.0 files?

edited December 1969

No, it will get deleted when you install DS 4.6. You have to install a new version of Genesis starter essentials as well as DS4.6.

• sjjesso_78ca0e6d0csjjesso_78ca0e6d0c Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I'm having a big issue, every time I try to render something the Damn program crashes on me. In addition when I click on Genesis's hand I end up selecting it's foot instead. Previous versions uninstalled.

edited June 2013

...regarding the crashes during rendering, are you in 32 or 64 bit?

32 bit allows only a maximum of 2GB allocated to any single application. It is not unusual for me to see a modest scene (without a lot of transmaps or any reflectivity) in 4.6 taking up 3 - 4 GB of memory during the render process. I struggled with this for years until I finally gave in and built a 64 bit workstation with 12GB of memory and a hyeprthreading Quad Core CPU.

Also how many cores and how much total memory does your system have and do you have any other processor/memory intensive processes running at the same time such as a 2D app, game (which also places a high demand on the GPU), or web browser?

As to the selection errors, that I'm not sure about.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited June 2013

On my 32 bit test computer every 2nd render... crash!!!
    specs: Windows 8 Pro 32 bits
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
    RAM 3 GB
    Ati Radeon HD 4670

so I have to accept the fact that DS4.6 will not run on this computer?
    I'm lucky enough to have a main computer 64 bits but I'm sure there are a lot of people still using a 32 bit and I think tthey would like to use it too.
    Besides, on the info page: Tech specs it says you can use it with a 32 bits and

•1 GB RAM min (2GB+ recommended

Just my 2 cents

Love, Jeanne

edited to add: And this is also when I'm only running DS on this computer, nothing else, not even the explorer.
    And everything is installed using DIM. I don't use the CMS. On my main computer I install everything in external runtimes, not using CMS either, and it works fine.

Post edited by Jeanne M on
  • sjjesso_78ca0e6d0csjjesso_78ca0e6d0c Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...regarding the crashes during rendering, are you in 32 or 64 bit?

32 bit allows only a maximum of 2GB allocated to any single application. It is not unusual for me to see a modest scene (without a lot of transmaps or any reflectivity) in 4.6 taking up 3 - 4 GB of memory during the render process. I struggled with this for years until I finally gave in and built a 64 bit workstation with 12GB of memory and a hyeprthreading Quad Core CPU.

Also how many cores and how much total memory does your system have and do you have any other processor/memory intensive processes running at the same time such as a 2D app, game (which also places a high demand on the GPU), or web browser?

As to the selection errors, that I'm not sure about.

I downloaded the 32 bit as I wasn't sure if my computer is a 32 or 64. Here are my specks:

Intel Core i3-2350M
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    6GB DDR3 memory
    500GB HDD
    15.6 16:9 HD LED LCD
    Windows 7

I'll uninstall the 32 bit version and Try the 64 bit.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Kane01 said:
    I downloaded the 32 bit as I wasn't sure if my computer is a 32 or 64.

Windows Start button, right-click on Computer, select properties from the context menu. Under System > System type, it should say "64-bit Operating System" if it's a 64-bit operating system.
    edited June 2013

...agh, Sean beat me to it. Need a faster connection.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    On my 32 bit test computer every 2nd render... crash!!!
    specs: Windows 8 Pro 32 bits
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
    RAM 3 GB
    Ati Radeon HD 4670

so I have to accept the fact that DS4.6 will not run on this computer?
    I'm lucky enough to have a main computer 64 bits but I'm sure there are a lot of people still using a 32 bit and I think tthey would like to use it too.
    Besides, on the info page: Tech specs it says you can use it with a 32 bits and

•1 GB RAM min (2GB+ recommended

Just my 2 cents

Love, Jeanne

edited to add: And this is also when I'm only running DS on this computer, nothing else, not even the explorer.
    And everything is installed using DIM. I don't use the CMS. On my main computer I install everything in external runtimes, not using CMS either, and it works fine.
    ...my old system had 4GB but XP32 Media edition so I couldn't add the "3GB switch" in the .ini (works only in the Pro version). After starting 4.5 and loading a scene I had maybe 1.5 GB left of the allocated 2GB for rendering.

Yes, I could get it to work, but only if I kept scenes fairly simple. This was why most of my pics were single figures using Blondie9999's Backdrops Made Easy with a simple light system, mapped rather than raytraced shadows, no reflectivity, and minimal transmaps. I'd also shut down all unneeded processes, make sure I was offline, switched the viewport to wireframe view and rendered directly to a file to reduce as much processor/memory load as I could. Advanced functions like the UE, US, HSS, and Dynamics, would also tend to crash the app. About the only benefit I saw running 4.5 in 32 bit was being able to work Genesis and GenX to set up characters which I then copied the settings from to rebuild on the new system.

Basically, I felt that in 32 bit 4.5/4.6 cannot be used to it's fullest potential. With the app becoming more sophisticated, content and textures getting more detailed (and thus "heavier" memory wise) 2GB isn't quite the amount of memory it used to be. Heck, I remember 32 bit Carrara6 render files pushing 1.7 - 1.8 G (though it would take advantage of a swap disk which earlier versions of Studio didn't).

• edited December 1969

I've been trying on two different computers to get 4.6 64 Bit to download and it gets to 99% then I get an unable to download file message.Any ideas on what I can do to get this downloaded?

edited December 1969

...what kind of connection?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited June 2013

What do I need to do to save or export Head Pose Controls (things like animated smiles, brows, etc.)? It always fails for me using Genesis. I tried PFE, Aniblock, Pose Preset (this one both as duf and dsa), Shaping Preset and Properties Preset. Help! :-(
    Although normal shaping stuff does save.

Post edited by ReDave on
    edited December 1969

...so when will 4.6.2 (or 4.7, or 4.8) release considering the rumblings heard in these forums the last few days?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well I'll be, I hit my first error in DS4.6. Just booted AniMate2 (Earlyer today) in my clean fresh DS4.6 install and this is what I get. Any ideas why my picker now opens behind my AniMate tab instead of infront like it did before a full clean install? I'm stumped, and really need it back the proper way.

See?

Capture1.1_.png
    753 x 396 - 53K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Is it a window you can just drag up?

edited December 1969

Not Tried that, but in the Past it popped up from the Menu at the lower left and was just a pop up. I'll try a few things, I'm sure opening behind is a indication that something is not correct. What is the question.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Not Tried that, but in the Past it popped up from the Menu at the lower left and was just a pop up. I'll try a few things, I'm sure opening behind is a indication that something is not correct. What is the question.

never seen this one - goto tabs and close aniMate then open it - see if that helps

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Jaderail said:

never seen this one - goto tabs and close aniMate then open it - see if that helpsTried that first, nothing. Still opens behind the Tab.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    bigh said:
    Jaderail said:

never seen this one - goto tabs and close aniMate then open it - see if that helps

Tried that first, nothing. Still opens behind the Tab.

right click on aniMate and see what the display is set for

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi Jaderail...

Grab the Animate2 window and move that over... the pop-up window for the ani-blocks is separate and not movable when the Animate2 pane is un-docked...

It does seem kind of dumb for it to open behind the pane, I would think of that as a bug...

nicci...

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hi Jaderail...

Grab the Animate2 window and move that over... the pop-up window for the ani-blocks is separate and not movable when the Animate2 pane is un-docked...

It does seem kind of dumb for it to open behind the pane, I would think of that as a bug...

nicci...

Ah Ha!! Thank you. Yep that works. I never docked it in this new install. I just never saw that before and opened it for a quick help post and saw the behind thing. Sort of thought all was lost. Back to the bottom it went and ALL is well once again. Odd way to do it but I'm so glad it's not broke. Again Thank you niccipb!