Darwins' Schtuff

19495969798100»

Comments

• Once we make sure all of the issues are taken care of, you may post whatever you like wherever you like. :) 

That was sort of what I figured, and of course you know where I generally post my renders anyway.
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Yup!

Here is the finished, raw render of the partial I showed.  

Gonna reserve this spot for the next thread link.  ;)  

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Congrads on the release of Liam Darwin!!!

I can not wait to see what you come up with Daywalker!!!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

There is a handy program somewhere where you can create family trees for books and stories and such.  I'm not at my main pc I will try and remmber what it is and where to find it.  KM suggested it.  Might be helpful for your story.

That would be Gramps. It's a free Open Source genealogy software program that I can't live without. If you have complicated character families to keep track of, I highly recommend it for all writers. While written for us Linux people, there are versions that also work on Windows and Macs. It's a great piece of software.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited March 2018

Well... before this thread gets closed, I thought I'd take a moment to… "Harrass Ollie" per Darwin's instructions.

Okay, "harrass" might be too strong a term. However, @oliverstwist, I've heard so many bits and pieces about this family, I really want to read the book(s)! I'm 64 now. Any possiblity they will be published in my lifetime?
    wink

(Then again, maybe harrass is the right terminology… LOL)

Post edited by L'Adair on

lol- I'll tell him today to look into the thread tonight after work.  We'll see what he says. ;) 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Geez! 100 pages already. Where has the time gone? Such a great thread. Looking forward to the next 100 pages.  :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

There is a handy program somewhere where you can create family trees for books and stories and such.  I'm not at my main pc I will try and remmber what it is and where to find it.  KM suggested it.  Might be helpful for your story.

That would be Gramps. It's a free Open Source genealogy software program that I can't live without. If you have complicated character families to keep track of, I highly recommend it for all writers. While written for us Linux people, there are versions that also work on Windows and Macs. It's a great piece of software.

Thanks! 

• L'Adair said:

Well... before this thread gets closed, I thought I'd take a moment to… "Harrass Ollie" per Darwin's instructions.

Okay, "harrass" might be too strong a term. However, @oliverstwist, I've heard so many bits and pieces about this family, I really want to read the book(s)! I'm 64 now. Any possiblity they will be published in my lifetime?
    wink

(Then again, maybe harrass is the right terminology… LOL)

Hi L'Adair!

Thanks for all of the interest in the story lines we've been writing for ...hell...14 or 15 years now.   I didn't plan on an O'Brady wrting project but it could be I'm inspired.  November 1 begins the Nano National Novel Writing shindig https://nanowrimo.org/about ; Could be that November will be the beginning of a grand adventure.  Stay tuned devil

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Ollie, you've got to do the NaNoWriMo this year! Happy to be your buddy when you go through it. I keep bugging Darwin about your stories. You really do need to write them, mister! 

• Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
    edited March 2018
    Uh-oh; Oliver seems to gotten caught in the quote mangler...And yes, WE will help you out during NaNoWriMo.
    Post edited by Daywalker Designs on

Ooo.  Those Nano peeps don't know what's comin'. XD  Yay!

• oliverstwistoliverstwist Posts: 25
    edited March 2018
    Llynara said:

Ollie, you've got to do the NaNoWriMo this year! Happy to be your buddy when you go through it. I keep bugging Darwin about your stories. You really do need to write them, mister! 

Uh-oh; Oliver seems to gotten caught in the quote mangler...And yes, WE will help you out during NaNoWriMo.

Feckin' quote thingamabober thingie!!!  Thank you both for the offers!  I'll take you up on them.  I edit for self-published authors but waaaay overthink my own work,  I was planning on starting on Jeremy's story line as that brings all these people we created together. I lost 10 chapters when this crapptop crapped out.  Dar was tired of my excuses and got me a new one just for my writing.  Looks like i need to crack that bad boy open cheeky Best program to start working in?  I losy my key code for Word so I'll need a new one anyway.

Thanks again for the interest and offers -O  devil

Post edited by oliverstwist on
  • Babe!!!

Look what I found for the new house!!!!!!!!!!!   Say yes, yes, yes, please?  Battery operated for the living room.....YEeees.

Lego Star Wars Darth Vader 9.5" Table LampLego Star Wars Yoda Desk Lamp 9.5" Table Lampdevil

....................*DIES*  Where the hell did you find THOSE?  Well, we'll have room at least? 

OMG-he just said they are wireless lamps.  O.o 

• Wayfair!!!

Know that accent wall?  

Star Wars 10.5' x 72" Wall Mural

I'm shopping !

now wait a damn minute...

• *roflmao*
  •  

Star Wars Death Star Waffle Maker

'Star Wars Chewbacca with Surfboard' Framed Graphic Art

Star Wars Cookie Jar

Cookie Jaaaaaaaaaaar! Yus!  And Waffle maker (we can do up the kitchn too) And Chewwie just cuz' devil

C

O.o

...........halp.

• I think Ollivertwist would get along well with my husband. He asked for that wafflemaker for Christmas... 

Okay-I'll make a deal. 

You get those for the house, I get this for the office.

• Okay-I'll make a deal. 

You get those for the house, I get this for the office.

Our mothers will kill us!!  Let's do it!! devil

LOL-and I have the perfect wall hanging.

LMAO!!!! Just say yes, Darwin! you can't go wrong with Star Wars decor!

@Ollie - Scrivener is an awesome writing program. It takes a little time to get the knack of it, but it's worth it. So many great ways to use it. If you catch it on sale, it's around $30 and you own it forever. I think regular price is $40. Totally worth it! I've written my last two books on it, I have at least ten more in various stages in it. You can sync it to Dropbox to so you can work on it from multiple computers or devices. There's a Windows, Mac and IOS version. If you grab it, feel free to ask me for help. I actually applied to be part of their tech support team recently. I love IT and writing, so it's a match made in heaven! 

I want that waffle maker!

• oliverstwistoliverstwist Posts: 25
    edited March 2018

I think Ollivertwist would get along well with my husband. He asked for that wafflemaker for Christmas... 

Didja get it for him?!!  You should! If I could eat waffles, I would. (runs off to look up AIP Waffle recipes!!)

Carries on  HERE

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.