Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

I agree whole-heartedly. :)  I went by the Whiskeys I had available, which are quite a few. lol

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

*laughs* I actually only have one whisky available, and that's the Black Velvet. One of few whisky I actually like and the one I tend to have at home :)

On another note, I can't wait for this guy to come, though I hope he don't come until I gotten my money. It's times like this I truly curse the Once in a Month payment we have in Sweden

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Oh my, I love those eyes. I'm especially partial to that shade of green, but the browns are a nice choice! 

;)

Thank you, KM!

So, someone asked for a happy trail or some sort of body hair.  Second torso option:

Tattoo check:

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

I can't wait for you character to come out.  He looks great in all respects - face, body, materials options.  Wonderful work.

Thank you!

I'm working on the rest of his scars and tattoos.  I'm also working on an idea for fibermesh stomach hair. ;)

Thank you!

I'm working on the rest of his scars and tattoos.  I'm also working on an idea for fibermesh stomach hair. ;)

Gasp! This! Yes! Yes!

Thank you!

oh YES... *explores happy trail* *coughs and blushes* erh.... uhm... yeah *shameless grin*

Carola O said:

Thank you!

oh YES... *explores happy trail* *coughs and blushes* erh.... uhm... yeah *shameless grin*

LOL! No need to blush around here. Own that shameless grin!  :)

You all crack me the hell up. LOL

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Ohhh love them tats and uhm his body *drools* 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh. My. God....

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

;)

Thank you, KM!

So, someone asked for a happy trail or some sort of body hair.  Second torso option:

Thank you for doing body hair! It seems like all the Daz guys wax all over! 

lol-thank you, everyone.

As for the lack of body hair on my characters, at least, I tend to prefer to leave it off in the case of fiber mesh hair being used, and sanity's sake.  SO many hours at times I use up trying to get hair to match over seams, it just drove me nuts.  In the end, that one out moreso than the option for others to use fibermesh hair on their men.

• Uh-oh...Looks like we're approaching the new thread range. Two more pages to go.

I know, and it's wild to me. lol  It'll be soon, I think!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Is all that definition on Christian's hand his normal map or morph? Or does it come from somewhere else?

And purely out of curiosity to see how this story all works: are the tattoos something that's actually part of Christian-Gio's-son, or are they an additional option for people to use? (I like them, you understand. You had been rather definite about The Family not liking their people to be marked, though.)

The veins are displacement, bump, normal and high pass textures, but I've toned them down since this was posted.  The knuckles on the hand and fingers were worked over in Hexagon for more definition.

I went with the crosses for each of the men of the family to represent their religious backgrounds (Roman Catholic, Irish Roman Catholic), Sal's one tattoo is for his wife and mother (which if he had gotten ink, that would be the extent of it anyway), Gio's other tattoos represent aspects of the family and some of his background (the celtic knot on his hand, the crown is part of their Irish family crest), Liam's represent his betrothal to Rosa (on his ring finger), the ink he received in jail (the Stars represent his status in the IRA and Irish Brotherhood, the sparrows on his hands are for his loyalty to his family) and of cource a Celtic knotwork on his arm.  Giuseppe's a bit of a rebel, and a troublemaker-his are a statement of that along with the cross on his calf for his religious background like the rest of the others.  The "cross" on his arm with the skull represents more than a few things in his past-that's yet to be told, though.

Christian's arm tattoo is representative of his family "Family forever" is close to the translation of the Celtic wording.  The side tattoo represents what he is when he "works" behind the scenes for the Family- Death from above and Death from below-whatever is needed will be done.  The cross on his shoulderblade is again-religious with a rose for his Grandmother, Rosa. 

edited March 2018

You can use them with the connotations as I've explained, or you can make up your own ideas!  I'm cool with that. ;) Factually, in the story-I believe only Giuseppe is inked.  Again.  Rebel. XD

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

You can use them with the connotations as I've explained, or you can make up your own ideas!  I'm cool with that. ;) Factually, in the story-I believe only Giuseppe is inked.  Again.  Rebel. XD

Ah, OK. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

Not going to lie, I will enjoy putting Christian to work, in all kinds of situations *grins* already can "see" a few scenes honestly, but wether I can make them or not is another question hahah. And from what I've seen so far, I think Christian will be used as part of the base when I put one of my RP characters to 3d life (tend to make pics of them now and than :) to go with stories and events that has happened in game etc ), those do tend to require morphs and sliders though, so there be no purely Christian in them :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

LOL! This thread is killing me, and so is Christian! Great work as always, Darwin!

You're very welcome, vwrangler. :) Anytime.

LOL Carola.  I'm glad I can add to your creative endeavors, and once he's out I do hope you have fun with him!

Hiya, Llynara!  Thank you!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Really nice work with that chest fuzz!

That idea with the stomacht fibremesh hair... make that available for other figures please

Well, it's the lower abdomen region and is difficult to see unless there is a close body shot, but I can see what happens. :) I'm doing a quick test render with a lighter hair coloring (I am making them match the brows) and then I will need to save the presets for the anatomical fibermesh hair sets as well.

An example-one of the red hair presets used to see it better.

oh Yes, looks great DW! *fingers twitch* poor Christian... he's not going to get away from us crazy women :)

A question, will the fibermesh hair be for Christian only, or would one be able to use it on others too? *curious*

This discussion has been closed.