Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Man oh man that is so not good!!!

So sorr this happened to you this morning Darwin!!

Thanks, Saph.  But- in the end, it was a good oops.  The second version of Christian's face is much better.  I just finished his facial/ear morph and his mesh brows and am rendering him atm with Ren's skin.  I have to work out his body morph before moving onto skin. I'll post his head shot tomorrow when it finishes rendering. XD

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072
    edited February 2018

What I'm working on now.  Not his skin.  His brows and facial morph.  Just finished the body morph and am moving onto making this man's skin.  Christian, Gio's oldest son-who's complexing/coloring will follow the Irish side of the family's bloodlines.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Truely amazing Darwin!!

I so love his jawline so strong them genes are!!!

• Very!

Note: Did you know, that if you change the folder name after saving the Studio file, all of your saves after that point do not save? I do. Now.  I just lost Christian's entire facial morph base after saving the base figure and updating his folder name.  All of the base morphing, gone.  I knew I should have sent him to Hexagon before closing Studio for the morning.  I would have at least had the Hex file to continue with. *Sigh*  Guess I start over when I get off of work tonight.  That's what I get for doing this in the morning.

Oh, ouch, no, I didn't know that. 

What I'm working on now.  Not his skin.  His brows and facial morph.  Just finished the body morph and am moving onto making this man's skin.  Christian, Gio's oldest son-who's complexing/coloring will follow the Irish side of the family's bloodlines.

Oh, {drool} I WANT HIM!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Oh, {drool} I WANT HIM!

Me, too. Wanna share? wink

•  

L'Adair said:

Oh, {drool} I WANT HIM!

Me, too. Wanna share? wink

Me three cheeky

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072
    edited February 2018

lol-you ladies.

So, this is the first step of his skin.  There are seams around his hands that I couldn't get to; my hand cramped and I figured I'd do a check and get some things done around here.  I also need to go over all of the seams one more time to make sure I didn't miss any on all of the maps-diffuse, bump, normal and make his high pass maps after.  The eyes are just a place holder, he'll have blues as a base.

He's schmooth here.  Need to roughen up the skin and add loads of detail, but you'll get the idea of the base complexion with this second render. 

So, last night I couldn't sleep and got back up and finished the deseaming on his hands/fingers. Tweaked the complexion coloring a bit and added more freckles.  Which are kinda hard to see in this lighting.   Gonna slap him into an outdoor HDRI and see how his skin reacts.

....and noticing a seam.  Good thing I haven't moved away from just the base.  lol  Well, I did say the seam fixing was the first pass.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • Note: If anyone remembers that writing blurb of Ollie's that was posted a few pages back, you've now met the character in that writing.  That was Christian. ;)  Just so you know.

• This crappy three minute render confirmed what my s/o mentioned and I was seeing- he has way too much gray undertones.  

• Gonna slap up one more test render with different lighting and a tweak of the man's freckles, new eyes and a close-up on his face before we head out for the day.

• sssssssssssssseams.  It's all I can see. lol

• Regardless of the seams, I really like where you're going with your new character!

Trish

• Thank you!  I'm out for the rest of the day, everyone have a good one!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow his skin is comming right along.

I know you still have some tweaking to do on it with the seams and all but I just wanted to say it was looking fantastic!!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Me 4 lol.  Wow that jaw! 

Wow. I love those freckles!

• Seams or no seams, he looks good. And yes, I can see them too, but not as bad as several of the attempts I've made to do custom textures for Hive with some of the merchant resources out there.

• Thank you, everyone. :) 

Seams are taken care of, and am working on finishing up the base skin before moving onto other things.  No post of a render yet.  Gotta get the nose glow taken care of first. lol

• First test with the new skin- will do one option with scruff for each brow as well to roughen him up a bit. ;) 

Going to render a few HDRIs to show the skin reacting to the light. He's not really this olive toned. XD

• There is a hint of olive in the undertone of his skin (considering who his parents are) but at least different lighting shows different aspects of his skin tones. XD

• And last one for now- real world lighting only

SO, the base skin is okie dokie.  Will be adding hints of veins, of course, to match the displacement of them.  Onto details!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Ooh, he's a looker! Great job!

• *blinks* Handsome devil... ;)
  • CherubitCherubit Posts: 982
    edited February 2018

Gorgeous Stryker by Darwins Mishap! https://www.daz3d.com/stryker-for-owen-8

Finally had some time to play with him and I have to say I fell in love!

Making a few renders of him, will upload more as soon as it finishes rendering~ This was the first one:

Stryker.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 680K
    Post edited by Cherubit on
  • CherubitCherubit Posts: 982
    edited February 2018

heart

Stryker2tc.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 812K
    Post edited by Cherubit on
  • Thank you!  

Aw, thank you, Cherubit.  Great renders of Stryker, there, too. :)

• Wauw his skin is coming along nicely. Great job!

• Great images of Stryker Cherubit.

edited February 2018

I used the Lillyanna Expansion in my Father-Daughter Date Night image, but you don't see much of her face. This image takes care of that.

Hard Decisions, by L'Adair

She is such a cutie!

Post edited by L'Adair on
This discussion has been closed.