StormLyght's Render Adventures

Comments

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 2017

Wow! It's been awhile. Life happens and gets in the way of my render time smiley

I just completed a render of Sakura. The first image is without post-work and the second image has post-work in photoshop for comparison. I'm hoping to do some more renders of her in the Rarestone's cute bunny outfit maybe this weekend.

Trish

Edit: Way cool! I made it to page two. Yay! I know...totally off topic.

Unedited version--straight render

Photoshopped version of the render

sakura-FINAL-unedited.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 1007K
    sakura-misty-morning.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 938K
    Post edited by Stormlyght on
    edited February 2021

Happy New Year!

I continue working on renders that feature Sakura. The image is linked to my gallery if you'd like to see a list of the items used in the render. Thanks for visiting smiley .

Trish

Bunny Kisses

• Wow! Both of your Sakura images are beautiful. Nice colors and the lighting looks good. Keep it up. :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Oh my gosh, Sakura and the bunny is awesome!!!! The details are so crisp on the bunny and it really has depth, like real 3d. Very nice job! 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Really great render!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

So cute!

• Thank you all for your comments! I am really happy with how this render turned out. 

Trish

edited February 2021

Hi,

I'm going to attempt to work through the items I purchased during the October, November and December sales. It will probably take me awhile but here's a render using Ophelia and the lovely Merana.

Trish

IMAGE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Nice use of the sprytes! And the rim lights are gorgeous.

Agreed great rim lights you got there,

• Very nice lighting. It's a lovely image. :)

• Hi, 

I use @Marshian Iray Rim lighting rig in almost every render I do now. I'm worried that they will all start looking the same because of it blush.

@IceDragonArt , @Worlds_Edge and @Knittingmommy ... I admire all of you and your work, your compliments on the render mean a lot. Thank you. 

Trish

edited January 2018

Hi, 

I use @Marshian Iray Rim lighting rig in almost every render I do now. I'm worried that they will all start looking the same because of it blush.

@IceDragonArt , @Worlds_Edge and @Knittingmommy ... I admire all of you and your work, your compliments on the render mean a lot. Thank you. 

Trish

Aww thank you! 

You could always change up the colors and play with the intensity.  I love those lights too lol. I believe you can change the individual lights in the spotlight in the lights panel and the individual ones in the other one (sorry the name escapes me and I'm rendering so can't go look) can be changed in the surfaces tab.  I also move them around quite a bit you can get some really cool effects if you lay it flat and put the model in the middle of it. Or change the y axis and put the model in the middle. 

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

Thanks for the mention Stormlyght. Of all my products I definately use Rim Light Rig the most. I use the backlight shaders as well, they are really nice for daylight renders.  

Hi, 

Trish

• Marshian said:

Thanks for the mention Stormlyght. Of all my products I definately use Rim Light Rig the most. I use the backlight shaders as well, they are really nice for daylight renders.  

You're welcome! I forgot to link the product in the Gallery so I fixed that. Your rim lights are the best!

Trish

• Hi, 

Trish

Aww thank you! 

You could always change up the colors and play with the intensity.  I love those lights too lol. I believe you can change the individual lights in the spotlight in the lights panel and the individual ones in the other one (sorry the name escapes me and I'm rendering so can't go look) can be changed in the surfaces tab.  I also move them around quite a bit you can get some really cool effects if you lay it flat and put the model in the middle of it. Or change the y axis and put the model in the middle. 

Thank you for suggestions! I will definitely try them out for my next render.

Trish

edited February 2021

Hi,

Here's my most recent render using Karyssa 8, dForce clothing and @EcVh0 dForce material presets. Karyssa is really cute although I did dial out her head morph to about 60%. This particular image took a long time to accomplish because even my weekends this month haven't allowed me much render and post-work time.

Trish

Electromancer

edited February 2021

Sahel by @bluejaunte is another figure that I've rendered frequently for contract work since she came out. Here is a recent lighting test render that I did with her recently.

Trish

Particularly love the Karyssa render which leaves me wanting to know why she looks sad?  What happened?  Alternatively her expression could be one of determination, but I'm leaning towards sad/on verge of tears.  I could be totally off base.

edited February 2018

Particularly love the Karyssa render which leaves me wanting to know why she looks sad?  What happened?  Alternatively her expression could be one of determination, but I'm leaning towards sad/on verge of tears.  I could be totally off base.

Oh cool! Thank you @Worlds_Edge for noticing! The emotions I wanted to convey came through.

I couldn't get this image out of my head, I had to render it. It is from a scene in a story I'm writing. The young herione is grieving but determined to "right a wrong." 

Trish

OMG, well then that's great - because it totally comes through.  Well done!  I am still trying to learn how to make good expressions that not only convey emotions but also don't look freaky, lol  

• Thank you for the compliment! I use Zeddicuss expressions, partial poses and poses as starting points and then refine using RiverSoft's utilities. It's also become much easier now with Genesis 8 and the Power Pose tool. 

Trish

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Hi Trish!

I clicked on the art studio thread link in your signature, and I'm glad I came.  I can really see an improvement in your renders since you started. 

My favorite is the Sakura render with the toy rabbit.  She's got the most personality.  Your lighting is very good - Marshian's ​lighting rocks!  I've been using Tenebroso to fix the lighting problerms with my portraits. If you don't have it, I highly recommend it.

I like the Merana render as well.  Nice posing, lighting and use of Marshian's backlighting shader in the hair.  Cool idea for the background for the Karyssa render!

edited February 2021

Hi @dracorn,

Thank you for visiting! 

I really like @MarshianTenebroso Lighting too and used it in the Merana portrait. Their lighting solutions are for the most part instabuy for me smiley. I also used it in this render but I just realized that I hadn't listed it in my "products used" Gallery section so I need to remedy that oversight.

Dragonfly on a Lilly Pad

Edit: Be sure to click on the image. For whatever reason, my renders generally look better when they are viewed full size blush

Trish

Very nice nature render.  Great use of DOF too.  

Is the dragonfly from Daz or HW?

I love putting animals / bugs / flowers in my renders.  

dracorn said:

Very nice nature render.  Great use of DOF too.  

Is the dragonfly from Daz or HW?

I love putting animals / bugs / flowers in my renders.  

Hi,

Thank you, glad you like it. The dragonfly is HW Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies. Ken Gilliland's figures are also an instabuy for me blush.

Trish

Love the dragonfly render.  Takes me right back to childhood and fishing out on the lake with my parents.  Nothing like floating on the water with just the noise of nature and the hum of dragonfly's flitting across the lillies.  This seriously was an instant flash to some wonderful memories so thank you!

Love the dragonfly render.  Takes me right back to childhood and fishing out on the lake with my parents.  Nothing like floating on the water with just the noise of nature and the hum of dragonfly's flitting across the lillies.  This seriously was an instant flash to some wonderful memories so thank you!

You're welcome! I'm humbled and happy that the render was able to take you back to wonderful memories of your childhood! Thank you for sharing.

Trish

edited February 2021

I decided to see what I could accomplish with all of the Genesis Female 8 Morphs that I have purchased the past six months. "Dance with Me" is the result of my experiment.

Thanks for visiting!

Trish

Dance With Me!

edited March 2018

I decided to see what I could accomplish with all of the Genesis Female 8 Morphs that I have purchased the past six months. "Dance with Me" is the result of my experiment.

Thanks for visiting!

Trish

Dance With Me!

Hey good job with that!  I'm off to your gallery to check things out.

Post edited by dracorn on