StormLyght's Render Adventures

Comments

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Very pretty character and great render!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2018

Hi,

Here's my most recent render using Karyssa 8, dForce clothing and @EcVh0 dForce material presets.

Electromancer

Don't know how I missed this one, it's stunning!  Kudos.

Post edited by Novica on
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited March 2018

Hi,

Thank you @dracorn and @Worlds_Edge! It was fun to see what I could come up with when dial spinning a character smiley.

@Novica thank you for the compliment on "Electromancer!" It is a character in a story I'm working on.

Trish 

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Another author, eh?  

Seems there's lots of us here at Daz.  Great place for us to illustrate our own work.

One suggestion about your Electromancer render - the background and the hair suggest stormy and windy, yet the sheer drape is behaving as though the air is still.  

She doesn't appear too happy - hm.  Wonder why.

edited February 2021

Hi,

I thought I would try something a little different. I don't know if the motion blur is believable. What are your thoughts? Thanks for visiting.

Trish

IMAGE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

edited April 2018
    dracorn said:

Another author, eh?  

Seems there's lots of us here at Daz.  Great place for us to illustrate our own work.

One suggestion about your Electromancer render - the background and the hair suggest stormy and windy, yet the sheer drape is behaving as though the air is still.  

She doesn't appear too happy - hm.  Wonder why.

Hi @dracorn !

I completely missed your post. Yes, I do write and and edit as a secondary source of income.

Thank you for your suggestions on the image. You're right. The cape definitely needs to be moving too. I'll have to learn how to use a wind node in dforce. Thank you for the critique!

Trish

No prob.  

As to the motion blur... is she bringing the weapon behind her in order to make the final forward swing?  That's what the blur is telling me.  

edited April 2018
    dracorn said:

No prob.  

As to the motion blur... is she bringing the weapon behind her in order to make the final forward swing?  That's what the blur is telling me.  

Yes, that's her intention but I don't know if what I "saw" in my head, translated correctly in my post-work. And thank you for looking!

Trish

You know, you could leave out the blur and it would look great as is.  The pose is excellent, and so his her expression.  They can stand on their own.  

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I like the motion blue but I also agree it can stand on its own. There is no doubt about her intentions!

Thank you @dracorn and @IceDragonArt for your suggestions and taking a look at the render! I think I'll do another render this weekend. I see a few little things I'd like to tweak and I'll create a version of it without the postwork motion blur.

Trish

edited February 2021

I decided to try Genesis 2 Female materials on Genesis 8. I used Cayman Studios Legacy UV product and @V3Digitimes Iray Smart Converter product. I really like how it turned out. You can view the gallery image to see a complete list of items used or click on the image below to see the full size version of it. Thank you for visiting!  

Trish

Butterfly Maiden

I decided to try Genesis 2 Female materials on Genesis 8. I used Cayman Studios Legacy UV product and @V3Digitimes Iray Smart Converter product. I really like how it turned out. You can view the gallery image to see a complete list of items used or click on the image below to see the full size version of it. Thank you for visiting!  

Trish

Butterfly Maiden

Wow!

Ah, very nice indeed.  Beautiful crisp detail above a soft focus background.  

I just picked up VGTimes' Skin Manager and Skin Shading Essentials Tutorial.  I wanted versatility for my character updates, as well as the understanding of the Iray surfaces.  

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@Stormlyght - I really like this lady of yours. Nicely done.

Hi @dracorn and @wanderer 

Thank you for visiting and your comments! @Dracorn I really like all of  @V3Digitimes store. The Iray smart converter has been truly a well-used purchase for conversion of the Genesis and Genesis 2 materials I have in my runtime.

Trish

edited February 2021

Hi,

I realized that I hadn't posted my render of the butterfly maiden with the nature spirit in my thread. I had created this particular one for Riversoft's contest. Thank you for visiting!

Trish

Edit: Back story for the render.

Sunset Negotiations — The Butterfly Maiden and the local nature spirit do not always see eye to eye

IMAGE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

edited February 2021

The saga continues. A disagreement has occurred between the local nature spirit, Sticks, and the butterfly maiden because she is wearing a crown of twigs, sticks and flowers. Because of previous mischief that she has perpetuated, he thought she was making fun of him. In order to soothe hurt feelings, she decides to remove her crown, for now..."friends again."

I decided to do a whole series this month on one character. I don't get much time to render so I thought rather than creating several new ones, I would reuse the assets I'd already set up in a scene. Thank you for visiting. 

Trish

​IMAGE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

That looks really great/vivid.  

Thank you @Worlds_Edge

Trish

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

I know it took me some time to make it in here, but I want you to know that I really like these last two images of yours. Keep going!

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

For some reason  I haven't come across this thread before.  Your work is really good, especially your manga-like characters and the Butterfly Maiden images.

Love those two images. The lighting in the first one is exquisite

Thank you @Wanderer and @themidget ! I appreciate you stopping by and saying hello laugh

Trish

edited April 2019

Hi,

I realize it's been awhile. Life has gotten in the way of my render time. Here's a recent render with some purchases I made back during early June sales. I'm only just now getting the opportunity to play with them. 

The title of this one is "Want to go for a swim?!"

Come Swim with Me.png
    1000 x 750 - 1M

I know what you mean about time getting away with me... especially picking up some stuff and having a delay before using it!

The wet skin/hair effect is pretty cool.  I suggest manually adding that effect to his swim trunks by adding metallic flakes and making the flake size large - see how that looks.

The pose of his left hand seems a little awkward.  Maybe it's because his forearm is twisted a little too much - maybe cut back on that so his palm isn't facing upward so much.  Add a little side-to-side as well.  Also curling the pinky and ring finger a little more will add to a relaxed pose. 

dracorn said:

I know what you mean about time getting away with me... especially picking up some stuff and having a delay before using it!

The wet skin/hair effect is pretty cool.  I suggest manually adding that effect to his swim trunks by adding metallic flakes and making the flake size large - see how that looks.

The pose of his left hand seems a little awkward.  Maybe it's because his forearm is twisted a little too much - maybe cut back on that so his palm isn't facing upward so much.  Add a little side-to-side as well.  Also curling the pinky and ring finger a little more will add to a relaxed pose. 

Thank you @dracorn ! I appreciate the advice. I will go ahead and try your suggestions and post my efforts later this week smiley

Trish

edited July 2018

I updated my image based on the suggestions provided by @dracorn . It took me much longer to do any renders because Daz Studio keeps shutting down with a weird error. And if and when Studio does finish a render, the render disappears. I've never had this happen before. Anyhow, I didn't let this render complete which is why this image has some extra noise in it. Anyhow, once again thank you @dracorn, I really liked how the swimshorts turned out (and the guy too).

Trish

Let's go for a swim

final-lets-go-for-a-swim.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 534K

That looks really good! 

Studio randomly crashing seems to be happening to a lot of us.  No idea why though.

That looks really good! 

Studio randomly crashing seems to be happening to a lot of us.  No idea why though.

Thank you! 

As for Studio, I'm hoping that the next update helps with this issue of crashing randomly.

Trish