L'Adair's WIPs

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Just a bit more fun with Stryker... Have you ever noticed how angelic kids look when their asleep, regardless of what little hellions they can be when awake?
    wink

Sleeping Babes

Sleeping Babes, by L'Adair

(Double entendre intended, 'cause Stryker is such a "babe"!)

edited February 2018

I love a good puzzle. Some folks posted over in the commons, having issues with Megah, which I also have. I hadn't tried using her, so opened up DS and tried to duplicate their complaints. The only one I could manage was the disappearing character when using the "undo swimsuit" preset... Oops, it's only a material preset, and applies equally to the character as the geoshell swimsuit. But being devoid of color like all the other "remove" presets, it's obvious why anyone would make that mistake.

Anyway... Helping out over there left me with an idea for Megah. This is a completed image, but nothing special. In fact, the only things the figure's wearing are the earrings and collar. She's still in the default A-Pose! But the image is all about the face, and the makeup. I'm going to have to do something real with her soon, though. Maybe pair her with Stryker, who has yet to tell me what he wants to do...

Portrait In Lavender

Portrait In Lavender, by L'Adair

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Lovely color palette!

Can't wait to see what you do with the pair.

edited February 2018

Lovely color palette!

Can't wait to see what you do with the pair.

Thank you, @Worlds_Edge.

I loaded Megah and did some testing, trying to duplicate the problems from this thread in The Commons. It turns out, some of the makeup options use parameters in the material zones that won't show up until you render, but as I played with them, I realized what a lot of flexibility it gave to changing things above and beyond the presets. So I loaded the first short hair for G8 in Smart Content—wanting short hair so the face wouldn't be shadowed—and then I went, "wow." Between the default hair color and the makeup I'd already put on Megah, I was stunned. I really liked it! The hair seemed to have a kind of lavender/blueish overtone, so I made changes to the makeup to compliment that.

Sometimes these things can really take you by surprise, know what I mean?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow she is gorgeous! IThat hair is perfect for her and the make up is stunning.  She has a really beautiful face.   I really hate not seeing the make up in the preview pane.  But since I got the Render Throttle for Iray, running the Iray preview window has gotten a lot more doable. 

edited February 2018

Wow she is gorgeous! IThat hair is perfect for her and the make up is stunning.  She has a really beautiful face.   I really hate not seeing the make up in the preview pane.  But since I got the Render Throttle for Iray, running the Iray preview window has gotten a lot more doable. 

Thank you, Sonja. ( @IceDragonArt )

Didn't you say you're getting a new computer? (Well, laptop... [chuckle]) With the Nvidia card in the new device, using Iray for previews will be easier, too. Between the two, (new laptop and Render Throttle,) you'll be in good shape, regardless of how the vendor does makeup.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,796

That violet is a great colour tune for her. What is that collar by the way?

Linwelly said:

That violet is a great colour tune for her. What is that collar by the way?

Thank you, @Linwelly.

The collar is from Keeper of the Sun Outfit. I applied a leather shader to the inside and tweaked the base color to get that deep purple, reduced the tiling to get a larger pattern, and then set the bump to 5, (I think.) The edging is default. The mesh looked a bit wonky where the details meet the circle around the neck, on either side of the middle section. I cleaned those up in post. (The seam wasn't as obvious before I made my changes.)

Thanks a lot! I've put that outfit in my wishlist for now, Its really mainly the collar that I might have a use for though. Most certainly you made some nice changes to it so it really gives the girl something more special.

edited February 2018
    Linwelly said:

Thanks a lot! I've put that outfit in my wishlist for now, Its really mainly the collar that I might have a use for though. Most certainly you made some nice changes to it so it really gives the girl something more special.

You're welcome. We all need to build up our wishlist. Anything under 1000 is wimpy! laugh

I'm honestly not sure why I bought it, so it must have been really cheap, or maybe (probably?) free with purchase. I've got so much stuff now, those "buy this, get one of these free," offers have very little for me to choose from. (Thunderbird updated automatically and deleted my entire profile, some time after that purchase, so my order email is lost forever. And Daz Order pages don't say what we actuall paid per item, so I can only guess here.) But that collar is nice and can go with a lot of strapless tops/dresses. And the "sleeves" have some potential, too. I know I've picked up a lot of products that I thought some parts might work well with the female centaurs.

L'Adair said:
    Linwelly said:

You're welcome. We all need to build up our wishlist. Anything under 1000 is wimpy! laugh

I'm honestly not sure why I bought it, so it must have been really cheap, or maybe (probably?) free with purchase. I've got so much stuff now, those "buy this, get one of these free," offers have very little for me to choose from. (Thunderbird updated automatically and deleted my entire profile, some time after that purchase, so my order email is lost forever. And Daz Order pages don't say what we actuall paid per item, so I can only guess here.) But that collar is nice and can go with a lot of strapless tops/dresses. And the "sleeves" have some potential, too. I know I've picked up a lot of products that I thought some parts might work well with the female centaurs.

He, my focus shifted from "do I like the set" to "can I use the parts for kitbashing" as well, and I know that feeling of when and why did I get this? I#ve always taking pride in knowing my runtime rather good, but I lost it at some point, LO. I guess its time for another sifting for new stuff :D

Posing Stryker and Megah, in bed. Something's wrong, and Stryker can't hide it from Megah. The shorts are temporary. The final image will use the duvet from the Ultimate dForce Bed set, and cover the lower body parts and the pose and camera angle will keep Megah from violating the TOS. Everything is subject to change, of course.

Stryker and Megah, WIP, Pose Check

I finally used Riversoft Arts "Expression Mixer," on Stryker. You can do pretty much the same thing without it, but the script has the advantage of isolating the dials you're working with, and if you're not happy with the results, you can cancel the script and the changes disappear. I find this a real time-saver. And I haven't really delved into the rest of the features...

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    L'Adair said:

I love a good puzzle. Some folks posted over in the commons, having issues with Megah, which I also have. I hadn't tried using her, so opened up DS and tried to duplicate their complaints. The only one I could manage was the disappearing character when using the "undo swimsuit" preset... Oops, it's only a material preset, and applies equally to the character as the geoshell swimsuit. But being devoid of color like all the other "remove" presets, it's obvious why anyone would make that mistake.

Anyway... Helping out over there left me with an idea for Megah. This is a completed image, but nothing special. In fact, the only things the figure's wearing are the earrings and collar. She's still in the default A-Pose! But the image is all about the face, and the makeup. I'm going to have to do something real with her soon, though. Maybe pair her with Stryker, who has yet to tell me what he wants to do...

Portrait In Lavender

Portrait In Lavender, by L'Adair

That makeup and hair... that top...  she should be singing jazz in a ritzy club.  Let her stand alone - she's a star! :)

edited March 2018

Thank you, @ItsCeo. I think you're right, she'd do well as a singer. I'll keep it mind for when I'm in need of inspiration.

At this point, some time after filing tax returns… Hubby's getting anxious. He actually thinks we're getting money back! (He might be right. I just don't know yet.)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Nice work you've posted!  I do like the different images of Stryker and that last one with Megah-can't wait to see how the end result shows up. 

Thank you, Darwin. I'm glad you approve.

Stryker and Megah are coming along. Not as quickly as I had hoped, but I like how things are shaping up. Literally and figuratively. I got the pillow in place, morphed with 6 dForms, and then used dForce on the pillowcase. (Tried to use dForce on the pillow but that didn't work.)

Stryker and Megah WIP with dForced pillowcase.

I followed my own instructions from the dForce thread and turned the pillowcase simulation into a morph. (Instructions) I wrote the darn thing, and I still had to reference the post to get it right!

edited May 2021

And here's the pillow from three angles. it's actually not in the render with the pillowcase. It poked through in a couple of places, so I hid it.

dFromed Pillow 01dFormed Pillow 02dFormed Pillow 03

I was able to pick up Liam on Friday, and wanted to do a quick scene with him. Turns out, there is no such thing as a "quick scene" with one of Darwin's boys. (Although, I have to admit, I spent the most time trying to get an out-of-the-box dForce suit to work right… proof positive the vendors are struggling with this new tech as much as the rest of us! But I digress. Back to Liam!) Anyway, I did a closeup with DOF of Liam, and posted it on my sparsely populated DA page. Liam is a gun-toting, Irish-Sicilian, mob-type, and the image on DA has him pointing a gun at you. Well, at the camera, but it looks like he's pointing it at you. So I put it behind a Mature Content filter, (which is why it's on DA and not here.)

So here's the link, if you're interested in looking: Family Business, by L'Adair

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    L'Adair said:

I finished the render of the cat, from the same scene, but closer and from the other side of the bed...

The Royal Mouser

The Royal Mouser, by L'Adair

This so cute and very cat like. I can relate with  4 of them. :)

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    L'Adair said:

Actually, that is really nice with minimal input. hehe

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Wow! I thought that cat one was a photo! 

Thank you, @Liana.

We have three cats, now. The most we've had at one time was eight, though not for an extended period. One of the remaining three is a long-haired "white" cat. We think he's part Norwegian Forest Cat, based on his features and personality. The older he gets, the more orange tabby that shows in his markings, but the white is so bright, you only notice the orange if your close. And he's the one who sleeps with a paw covering his eyes. I've seen him move that paw over his eyes in his sleep, when I come into the room and turn the light on!

I'm quite surprised at how good Megah turned out in the "lavender" image. But it does show how hair and makeup can make a big difference, for our 3D models as well as IRL! I now need to find a dress that will look good with that collar, and do something creative with her. lol

Wow! I thought that cat one was a photo! 

Thank you, @deathbycanon. blush

I used the Hivewire Housecat and the free LAMH long preset from Saiyaness. I did bring the preset into LAMH and increased the length of the hair. To what extent,, I have no idea. It's the first time I actually accomplished more than turning presets into fiber hair!

But I do have to admit, he looks an awful lot like my Newman. Let me just find a photo...

Photos of Newman, my own fluffy white cat…

Newman covering his eyes while he sleeps, by L'Adair

Images are linked to full-size photos, for the curious.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh your cat is gorgeous!  Love the one in the bird feeder lol!

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    L'Adair said:

Photos of Newman, my own fluffy white cat…

Newman covering his eyes while he sleeps, by L'Adair

Images are linked to full-size photos, for the curious.

Your cat is adorable! Thank you for the kitty fix.

Trish

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

lol- Newman is very cute.  Though not so small enough to fit in that bird feeder.  Don't tell him though, he'd more than likely not care. XD

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

LOVE that bird feeder pic of Newman!  It's funny what cats will decide to make a bed out of.

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

I love the bird feeder pic!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Newman rocks. Great place to snooze!