Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• No, it's fine. This is a foolish mistake on my part.

I could explain, but that would giving away some "secrets." Basically, the thing I'm doing, anyone could potentially do, but it wouldn't really work to really transfer all of complicated bits of morphs between figures. This is a conceptual error in the bit of script that one could say is the real intellectual property in it.

Anyway, all of that you described is something I failed to fully think through. But I can deal with it, now that realize what was happening.

• Made a change to the support files. Should fix that.

It was related to the pesky Genesis3Female-1 issue.

Can confirm it works now :). I've managed to transfer Aiko7 to G3M without problems!

• Another update to correct the nonstandard filestructure issue jardine uncovered. This will impact anything that has morphs in subfolders, so Morpheus and toon generations 2, for sure.

The update is in the original link in my sig.

• Alright, I've been experimenting a bit, here are my results:

- Projection morphs won't work. Either they won't do anything at all (as in this product by Sickleyield: https://www.daz3d.com/sy-decrackifier-genesis-genesis-2-genesis-3) or they will transfer but visibly morph the mesh instead of projecting (as in this product: https://www.daz3d.com/poke-away3-for-genesis-3-female).

- Extreme morphs and nails or toenails won't get along (at least not those of this product, https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-fantasy-shapes-for-genesis-3-female-s specially the hooves morphs).

- Toon Generations 2 didn't transfer properly just by selecting the main morph (I think that your previous message said that was fixed, if you were stating otherwise, plese, disregard this).

I thought there was also something wrong when some tear morphs didn't transfer, but then I realized they were HD morphs. Pity not to have them available. Other than that, the speed of the script is very impressive, but a dialog stating it has finished and prompting the user to click "OK" would lessen the confusion and wariness of neanderthals staring at the glowy rock with clear mistrust newcomers like me.

• Uthgard said:

Alright, I've been experimenting a bit, here are my results:

- Projection morphs won't work. Either they won't do anything at all (as in this product by Sickleyield: https://www.daz3d.com/sy-decrackifier-genesis-genesis-2-genesis-3) or they will transfer but visibly morph the mesh instead of projecting (as in this product: https://www.daz3d.com/poke-away3-for-genesis-3-female).

- Extreme morphs and nails or toenails won't get along (at least not those of this product, https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-fantasy-shapes-for-genesis-3-female-s specially the hooves morphs).

- Toon Generations 2 didn't transfer properly just by selecting the main morph (I think that your previous message said that was fixed, if you were stating otherwise, plese, disregard this).

I thought there was also something wrong when some tear morphs didn't transfer, but then I realized they were HD morphs. Pity not to have them available. Other than that, the speed of the script is very impressive, but a dialog stating it has finished and prompting the user to click "OK" would lessen the confusion and wariness of neanderthals staring at the glowy rock with clear mistrust newcomers like me.

This was not written for projection morphs at all. Neither was the one before. I suspect the older one might have been able to do them, but only because it was fully capable of destroying the base figure. This one isn't.

"Exteme" and "Don't get along" are almost entirely useless. I know something is not working for you, but I have no idea what. To repeat, data, data, data, I cannot make bricks without clay. To see what data looks like, see the various info dumps above.

Toon Generations 2 should work, to the extent that I'm aware of issues with it. The package contains both prototype and prototypeverbose for the express purpose of providing the clay I referenced above. If something should work and does not I need to know exactly what didn't work and probably to see a prototypeverbose run in the log to determine what went wrong.

UI is for the closed beta or for paying customers. The only reason this script gives any indication of what it's doing is that I'd have to invent whole new code to stop it from doing that. The purpose of the alpha test is to eliminate bugs, not provide end user utility. It not that these things aren't important. It's that the Alpha is effectively the Release's competition. And the more feature complete the alpha is the more competitive it is. Right down to litte things like indicating it's finished.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,001
    edited February 2018

Ok, I've also tested Morpheus for Genesis 3 Male with the latest script. The same thing that happened to @jardine applied.

1ST TEST:

I attempted to transferred Morpheus various morphs to G3F. What I found was that two sets of morphs transferred over. One, which copied the folder structure from the original G3M path to a G3F one. Then another set of morphs were just dumped outside of the subfolders.

1ST TEST A): I moved the morphs outside of the subfolders to my desktop and tested the foldered morphs. The morphs showed up (dials) but they didn't do anything to the G3F figure (it almost seem like they were attempting to transform an invcible object).

1ST TEST B): I deleted those morphs and dumped them inside the folder (no other structure) and tried that. Again, those showed up but didn't work.

1ST TEST C): I re-structured the morphs manually (following the original folders). Again, those showed up but didn't work.

2ND TEST:

I went to the original G3M path (made a backup copy and saved it in my computer) and pulled all the morphs out of the subfolder (I deleted the subfolders). Keep in mind, that the folder structure is extensive (folder inside folder inside folder) compared to other products. For example, one of the paths would look like this:

W:\DAZ RESOURCES\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Male\Morphs\Guruvar\Body\Morph 01\JCM

In general, it went from this:

To this:

THEN I used the script to transfer them to G3F. This time they worked perfectly! Quick render to show results:

LikeThis.PNG
    2338 x 1717 - 325K
    MorpheusG3F.jpg
    2009 x 2600 - 2M
    FromThis.PNG
    2342 x 1707 - 181K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Well, I didn't give a lot of details because I figured they were already adressed issues in the previous versions of the script and thus more data would be irrelevant (except the part about the projection morphs, but you've already adressed that, and the suggestion/petition for an indicator, but you already stated your reasons). But sure, let me be a bit more exhaustive, I hope it'll be of help:

- By "extreme morphs" and "don't get along", I am referring to the product's ( https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-fantasy-shapes-for-genesis-3-female-s ) morphs for hooves (that have some of the toenails' vertices spearing through the foot) or the claw morphs (which bend to the side instead of being straigth) among others.

- I favorited Toon Generations 2 age control dial, and the only dials that were transferred were said dial, the full body morph and two on/off options ("include posture", that did nothing I could see, and "include scale" that did something but not what it should do, seeing as I had a gigantic baby slightly taller than G8F).

I have included a few screenshots of the troublesome nail morphs and a log file from the verbose script running with the same favorited morphs.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    885B
    HFS Hands Beast.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 243K
    HFS Hands Claws.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 261K
    HFS Legs Reptile1.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 262K
    HFS Legs Hooved1.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 252K
  • I just checked all the files. The script should not need any of that.

I appreciate that workarounds are being found because it does help me to identify issues. But what I really need is for people to run prototypeverbose on failed transfers and post the log, at minimum.

The script as currently uploaded was tested and found to work (in fact, the previous script was working, it just wasn't doing an important last step, that step was added and tested, and given its own set of debug statements). When it doesn't work, I can't do much unless I have new information. I'm totally aware that my own debug data might not provide new info, so I really don't want to discourage people from giving me more data. But I really need those verbose runs.

• I restructured Morpheus back to it's orginal structure for G3Male. Opened DAZ, loaded a G3M, favorite: "Morpheus 01" and ran the verbose script. I did encounter an "error" when running the script. I'm including the log:

txt
    txt
    Morpheus-PrototypeVerboseLOG.txt
    1M
  • Actually, I was able to to further determine that the issue here is that you aren't using the latest script, because I discovered an unrelated error that is preventing the data from being correctly copied in some folders. The short form is, if you had the latest version of the script, the sub morphs would not work right. 

The updated scripts are dated 2/13/2018 10:22-3 pm. at least that what should appear inside the zip file. when I dled the latest zip I got a filename of 460b3d9f8c444e641c3adbbb8e7399. I don't know if the forum generates those on the fly, but to be sure, I did dl and run the script from that package, not the one on my drive. As stated, there's a whole other issue with it, which might be the issue being raised Uthgard (Unfortunatly, I can't know if it is, for the reasons I mentioned before) so the current package is, in fact, broken. But it would have given a different result.

The error in the log is incorrect selection.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Singular Blues said:

I also don't wanna use DazConnect if I can avoid it :D

I'll burn that bridge if I get to it. As of now, there's a chance I fixed everything. As it is, I've gotten way more useful info from these tests than I did my own, just because I don't really collect that much, and certainly not the esoteric stuff.

Edit: if you wonder why I do this at all, the answer is that way back when I noticed G3F and G8F were, essentially, the same mesh, I wondered if it could be done. 90% of the things I waste my life on are almost pointless but, to me anyway, interesting problems.

I get that; I'm avoiding it.

• Updated and uploaded new package. Maybe this solves the issue Uthgard reported, maybe not. But it is tested to the level of making sure to test the stuff was not just loading, but working, at every level.

The file was just uploaded a few minutes before this post.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

the filename i'm getting for the currently uploaded version of the script is 8c25fe28159a643d6c808c8237e499, so the site must whang out a unique filename for each download.

so...would the verbose output from this current version be of value to you?  or should i hold off until you release a new one?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    jardine said:

the filename i'm getting for the currently uploaded version of the script is 8c25fe28159a643d6c808c8237e499, so the site must whang out a unique filename for each download.

so...would the verbose output from this current version be of value to you?  or should i hold off until you release a new one?

He had replaced the old one he was referring to previously so you wouldn't match what he said. I just downloaded that new script & it matches the string you got.

• That is a new package. You must have dl'd right after I uploaded that.

cool.  thanks.

• Thanks for your promptness. I tried it with the new script (log included) and, while the problems with the nails were the same and Toon Generations 2 only loaded the four previously mentioned properties, otherwise the results were much improved: Toon Generations 2 scale and posture switch worked as intended and poke-away (a hybrid of morph and projection morph) not only transferred but worked (so, a new functionality for the script, and a much needed one--seriously, projection morphs are a must when not using dynamic clothing).

txt
    txt
    log.txt

well done, singular!

the new version of the script just purred through that problematic morph set.  the folder and file structure carried through perfectly, no duplicates or out-of-place anything. everything that was in the root folder transferred beautifully.  the values are correct, and the morphs all work. 

!

j

• Singular BluesSingular Blues Posts: 737
    edited February 2018
    Uthgard said:

Thanks for your promptness. I tried it with the new script (log included) and, while the problems with the nails were the same and Toon Generations 2 only loaded the four previously mentioned properties, otherwise the results were much improved: Toon Generations 2 scale and posture switch worked as intended and poke-away (a hybrid of morph and projection morph) not only transferred but worked (so, a new functionality for the script, and a much needed one--seriously, projection morphs are a must when not using dynamic clothing).

Some of the toon generations 2 morphs did not load? According to the log, everything was done correctly, which (assuming it did not work as expected) implies something should be done and isn't being done. This part of the script is a bit of a juggling act, so that's one possibility, but I think I've nailed all that down, as the main problem was the script including a somewhat invisible assumption about where things would be that laughably wrong in a rather silly way. But it was also a straight forward fix.

If something is being written wrong, I would expect it is happening at a different level of the process. A log of the figure load would be helful here, as Studio is not entirely terrible about logging load problems. You just have understand what causes those issues to begin with to know what it's saying.

About the projection morph thing ... Projection morphs work the way they do because of a combination of factors. The factors being the file name and location. If a morph has the correct naming and is saved in the right place, it will not affect the figure if dialed in but will affect the figure that the base figure has fit to it.

Pokeaway, however, is not in that class of morphs. Poke away is just a standard set of morphs, but with autofollow turned of. Autofollow is projection, so when it is off, the morph is not projected into the fitted figure.

The old script did not care where the files it was pointed at lived. Because of this, it could, in theory, overwrite the target base figure with the source base figure. It was, in a word, dangerous. Thus all the warnings. The new script is dangerous because it's alpha and while it was written with safeguards against everything I was aware of, evidence above shows it didn't cover everything I wasn't aware of (natch). One of the safeguards in place is the script only works in the confines of the Morphs folder. Any other folder will cause it error out.

Projection morphs are not in the morphs folder. To be very specific about what's happening, the script is reading the projection morphs. Reading isn't an issue. It's not writing them to the Projection Morphs folder. My guess is, if you cut and pasted them out of the Morphs folder to the Projection Morphs folder, they would work. I might be wrong, as I've not looked too deeply into it. (If I am wrong, and it saving them to the projection morphs folder--the whole issue hinges around the word Morphs, so there's a way the script could end up writing there--I'd have to have a deep think about where it's going wrong.) However, my guess is it would work just on the basis of knowing how make projection morphs. As long as the morph is valid, has been properly named and is in the right folder, it will work correctly, and by your description of the original issue, the morphs should be all of those things but saved in the right place.

The obvious question is "why don't you take care of that?" Well, because it's a lot more complicated than it might sound, getting from A to B and making sure stuff is tidied up after. There are Studio limitations to work around. 

The nails are different issue that may or may not have a solution. I don't know if it does or not because testing it is going to involve a whole lot of work and making a lot of small changes to the script. Unfortunately, a bunch of small changes means many opportunities for things to break. So in addition to not wanting to deal with it because tedious, I really need to nail down as much of the other stuff as possible before I go much about it.

jardine said:

well done, singular!

the new version of the script just purred through that problematic morph set.  the folder and file structure carried through perfectly, no duplicates or out-of-place anything. everything that was in the root folder transferred beautifully.  the values are correct, and the morphs all work. 

!

j

As I said, silly mistake on my part. Or rather, a bunch of clever things happening to make things work led to my being too confident in how clever it all was and overlooking something obvious.

Post edited by Singular Blues on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Toon Generations 2 has a whole bunch of hierarchial ERC stuff going. A is a controller of B, which is a controller of C.... I don't know if that is part of the problem.

• barbult said:

Toon Generations 2 has a whole bunch of hierarchial ERC stuff going. A is a controller of B, which is a controller of C.... I don't know if that is part of the problem.

It could be, but as long as all the bits are pointed at other bits of toon generations, it ought to work fine. 

Also, misaligned ERC wouldn't cause the properties not to load. They just wouldn't work. If most of it is not loading, then the issue is likely parenting. If they are loading and not working it could be bad ERC or bad vertex order.

I saw a Toon Generations 2 png file in that log that had returned false on it's op. Why?

• I saw a Toon Generations 2 png file in that log that had returned false on it's op. Why?

I don't know.

I doubt it's important, but could be wrong. All of the png copy events in the log registered false. The original png copy issue was just that the copy method was being invoked before the file path existed. .copy() doesn't create the necessary paths so no path, no copy. My guess on this is that the png files already exist from an earlier run. .copy() does not overwrite, so it would return false if the file already exists.

edited February 2018

I saw a Toon Generations 2 png file in that log that had returned false on it's op. Why?

I don't know.

I doubt it's important, but could be wrong. All of the png copy events in the log registered false. The original png copy issue was just that the copy method was being invoked before the file path existed. .copy() doesn't create the necessary paths so no path, no copy. My guess on this is that the png files already exist from an earlier run. .copy() does not overwrite, so it would return false if the file already exists.

OK, that's what I thought the API was configured not to overwrite.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • My bad! I thought the face morphs I had for Toon Generations 2 were part of the original package (like with Star 2) but it turns out they were a separate product. Completely disregard anything to do with this, sorry about the mix-up.

Regarding projection morphs, I see the success with Poke-away 2 is not generalized (Sickleyield's Decrackifier didn't transfer, exactly in the way you've explained), though Poke-away 2 remains a strange case: while it is true that it relies on turning auto-follow off for the inward morphs (that is, pulling the skin away from the fitted objects) it seems to have a working projection component (pushing the fitted object away without modifying the figure's mesh, which works when transferred). As both of those behaviors are regulated by the same dial, maybe it is made in such a way that bypasses the scripts inbuilt "don't transfer weird stuff" protocols?

And good luck with the nails' issues when you decide it's time to tackle it. I too know the siren call of "interesting new things" when working on long projects (though, in my case, the sirens don't need to work that hard...).

• I can confirm I was able to successfully transfer Arabella7 to Genesis 8. Here's a quick render:

Okay, so it seems like a lot of people have gotten this script to work for them.  So can someone give like a step by step sequence that could possibly garner the most successful results?  Just some very basic steps because everyone system setup is different but similiar.  I have tried this script a few times and I can't see the results, even if the log says it was successful.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited February 2018

I can confirm I was able to successfully transfer Arabella7 to Genesis 8. Here's a quick render:

Okay, so it seems like a lot of people have gotten this script to work for them.  So can someone give like a step by step sequence that could possibly garner the most successful results?  Just some very basic steps because everyone system setup is different but similiar.  I have tried this script a few times and I can't see the results, even if the log says it was successful.

I am quite new to the script, I only tried it last week for the first time. After some assistance from the helpful people in this thread here are the steps I now follow successfully. This is to transfer basic shape morphs etc.

1) Start Studio

2) Load Genesis 3 Female

3) Favourite a morph e.g. Gia 7 head morph by clicking on the heart symbol next to the name (under actor-head-people)

3) Load Genesis 8 Female

4) Deselect both figures

5) Click to select Genesis 3 Female then Ctrl click to also select Genesis 8 Female

6) Run the script, always have the latest one

6) A tab opens showing the transfer

7) Delete both figures and restart Studio

8) Load Genesis 8 Female and the morphs are there

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • I can confirm I was able to successfully transfer Arabella7 to Genesis 8. Here's a quick render:

1. Load the source and target figures.
    2. Select the source figure.
    3. Locate the morph(s) you want to transfer in the paremeters tab. Mark them as favorite. You'll only need to mark one morph per product.
    4. Ctrl Select the target figure.
    5. Run PrototypeVerbose.dse
    6. Load a new copy of the target figure.
    7. Post logs in the even of failure.

That oughta do it.

Everyone's system is indeed different, but the script doesn't care, because most of the bits it does care about are always the same. If those bits did change, Studio wouldn't work. But there is one bit that is very important to the script. Where it is installed. The script expects to be installed in the first library listed in the Content Directory Manager under DAZ Studi Content. If it is not there, it won't work because it won't be able to find the data it needs.

Copying the script from one library to another will not resolve this. This was the point behind the statement in the post that it has to be installed correct. The script and its support files must be in the first library.

Other than that, I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work on something. Which is why posting logs is important.

this may be helpful to somebody.

folks who have their primary studio content library in a non-standard location (like on an external HD) can move that library up to the top of the Content Manager Directory list via Preferences/Content/Content Directory Manager.  click the + sign beside Daz Studio Formats to expand the menu, select the library, and click the button Move to Top on the left.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,001
    edited February 2018

Adding details to the posts above:

1) Make sure you have downloaded the latest script from Singular Blues (check his signature).

2) Start Studio.

3) Check your content manager directory (right click on smart content and click on content manager directory...) and make sure you have your main "My Daz 3D Library" path at the very top of the list.

4) Load Genesis 3 Female. Don't move her, don't shape her, don't put clothes on her.

5) Mark a morph(s) as favorite by clicking the heart symbol. Don't dial anything in.

6) Run the script prototype verbose (this is just in case the script doesn't work).

7) Load Genesis 8 Female. Again, don't move her.

8) Deselect both figures.

9) Click to select Genesis 3 Female (source) then Ctrl click to also select Genesis 8 Female (transfer to).

10) Run the script prototype. If it's unsuccessful (errors out), save the log and share it here.

11) Otherwise, a tab should open showing the transfer. (It may only open for a second or so, depending on how many morphs you selected as favorite).

12) Delete both figures.

13) Restart Studio.

14) Load Genesis 8 Female to check if the morphs are there.

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on